Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby

More
6 years 1 month ago #101 by southpaw
geez want to forget this game in a hurry, given back all Highlander profits on Sharks. Also killed a couple accas.

Blues win 10/11 from earlier in week my main bet in next.
1st tryscorers Rieko Ioane 11/1, de Alenda 17/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #102 by Oracle

southpaw wrote: as a Sharks fan it pains me to watch this but have to agree with hanrick, i too have badly over-estimated them this season and they have zero gameplan right now. Missing du Preez twins badly and need to get ball to Esterhuizen this 2nd half, hardly been mentioned and was strong last few games.

Join the club, I am currently tearing up my Sharks to qualify ticket, and throwing it in the bin

Absolutely never, ever worry about the stuff you cannot control!!

More
6 years 1 month ago #103 by Taylor
I was so very close to backing the Blues, the more I looked and thought about it, the more I was convinced that this is a very winnable game for them... and then I realised that is exactly when the Blues most often let you down. So I'm going Stormers +3.5 (conservatively), purely on that theory :lol:

And later, with the preview pick of Lions halftime -16.5, and total under 75.5 points

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #104 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby

hanrick wrote:

sebokeng wrote: With this wet weather in Jozi today, shouldn't we be expecting a much lower scoring game in the lions sunwolves game, than the points bloodbath we initially predicted earlier in the week?

How bad is the wet weather. Was lining up an unders play on Wolves points, but after getting burned last week in Durban I'm weary.

I was planning to fire Lioms 1st half over 26.5 but it's cold and quite wet here and I prefer Sunwolves under 20.5 points - can't watch Blues game as will be watching my son okay and having a strike on this one

I am actually hoping the Lions don't get too far ahead too early

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #105 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby
Under 40.5 points at Sunbet for Engand game, mate near ground reckons conditions won't be great

More
6 years 1 month ago #106 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby

Brent Graham wrote:

hanrick wrote:

sebokeng wrote: With this wet weather in Jozi today, shouldn't we be expecting a much lower scoring game in the lions sunwolves game, than the points bloodbath we initially predicted earlier in the week?

How bad is the wet weather. Was lining up an unders play on Wolves points, but after getting burned last week in Durban I'm weary.

I was planning to fire Lioms 1st half over 26.5 but it's cold and quite wet here and I prefer Sunwolves under 20.5 points - can't watch Blues game as will be watching my son okay and having a strike on this one

I am actually hoping the Lions don't get too far ahead too early

Sun seems fo be breaking through

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #107 by Brent Graham
It's trying, rain stopped for a while, just windy and cold now but wouldn't rule out more rain

More
6 years 1 month ago #108 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby
Yeah very frustrating!

More
6 years 1 month ago #109 by shark prince
Replied by shark prince on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby
Jersey clash is annoying me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
6 years 1 month ago #110 by bamiam
Stormers getting away with everything at the breakdown. Hoping last week's game wasn't the blues' one good game of the season.

More
6 years 1 month ago #111 by coil
Have backed Ireland at 17/20 outright , main bet under at 38.5 , missed the 40.5 as I was at work grrrrrrr.
Honda Ireland !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
6 years 1 month ago #112 by coil
Backed Crusaders this morning grrrr, then left the Sharks alone thankfully , looking to follow on the Lions but feel the Sunwolves could score a few tries . anyone have latest conditions ?

More
6 years 1 month ago #113 by Ruan Fourie
Replied by Ruan Fourie on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby

coil wrote: Backed Crusaders this morning grrrr, then left the Sharks alone thankfully , looking to follow on the Lions but feel the Sunwolves could score a few tries . anyone have latest conditions ?

It stopped raining earlier. There was a lot of rain today but Ellis Park should be alright.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Stoossy

More
6 years 1 month ago #114 by coil
low total points lions at 75.5

More
6 years 1 month ago #115 by Analyst
I think the Lions will be ready for this one. Ball will be slippery but weather looking like it is clearing. I will wait for in-play to see how they start out.

Slightly off topic - anyone still spread betting? BetX / WorldofSport have stopped, not sure about SportsBet, they seem to be scaling down. Would be great to have a better offering in SA.

More
6 years 1 month ago #116 by Ruan Fourie
Replied by Ruan Fourie on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby
This weekend has been a nightmare. I've been doing well so far this year but if someone told me that the Lions would only be 2 points ahead against the Sunwolves at halftime then I would have asked them what they are smoking.

More
6 years 1 month ago #117 by southpaw
ENgland over 11.5 pts @ 19/20 in running.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #118 by Brent Graham
What a disaster of a weekend so far - Lions awful and points flowing in England

More
6 years 1 month ago #119 by Stoossy

Analyst wrote: I think the Lions will be ready for this one. Ball will be slippery but weather looking like it is clearing. I will wait for in-play to see how they start out.

Slightly off topic - anyone still spread betting? BetX / WorldofSport have stopped, not sure about SportsBet, they seem to be scaling down. Would be great to have a better offering in SA.

sure there are a few guys on here that can help

More
6 years 1 month ago #120 by Analyst
Great play by the Sunwolves. They are spirited for sure. Lions looked very unsure and will need to pick up there play when they head off on their overseas leg, but they do have some time. Jaguars next week will be tough, then home again for two, then first two away games should be easier.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #121 by Brent Graham
Somehow the unders arrives at Twickenham but it was around a 3rd of the stake of my Sunwolves unders play

More
6 years 1 month ago #122 by Madkiwi
Shocking weekend for me, gone small on Reds 1-12

More
6 years 1 month ago #123 by Taylor
Jags v Reds Under 54.5 points
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madkiwi

More
6 years 1 month ago #124 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby
Jags 1-12 @ 3.30

More
6 years 1 month ago #125 by Taylor
I know we've seen some shocking performances already this season but this effort by the Jags takes the cake :lol:

More
6 years 1 month ago #126 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Super Rugby Week 5, 6 Nations Week 5 + other rugby

Taylor wrote: I know we've seen some shocking performances already this season but this effort by the Jags takes the cake :lol:

Agree 100%. I've watched thousands of rugby games in my time - never have I seen a team butcher so many opportunities. Absolute disgrace!!

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #127 by Madkiwi
Am following the Oracles que on the Rebels except im going on an outright win and a small punt on them 13+.....i just can not see the Waratahs winning this one. A very hot day has been forcast and i see its already 37 deg in Sydney at the moment with just over an hour to kick off.....that may effect the home team with all the travel. Also Folau is on the wing??? either a master stroke or a major mistake...time will tell.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Madkiwi.

More
6 years 1 month ago #128 by Taylor
Also with Rebels to win @2.25

More
6 years 1 month ago #129 by coil
Biggest bet of the weekend was Ireland game under at 38.5 , haven't recovered as a result and had that arrived would have been well up . I'm against the grain in the next one , going Waratahs and probably due reverse physcology more than anything else so won't have a big bet , totally aware that Gibson is a crap coach and Israel on the wing is a complete waste , but that's why I'll throw my hat in after seeing The Brumbies and Reds win this weekend .

More
6 years 1 month ago #130 by Quill
The temperature may be high, but there is a breeze and it actually makes it pleasant.
I know I WOULD run if I played (I'm at the stadium).

I took over 53.5 points and team totals over 27.5 and over 25.5.

Good luck!

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #131 by Brent Graham
Thanks Quill I managed to get over 51.5 points at Wsb

More
6 years 1 month ago #132 by coil
Still 20 to go and cannot believe this turnaround , one of Israel's best games I've seen, Tahs have 40 when they looked unlikely to get 15 .

More
6 years 1 month ago #133 by Taylor

coil wrote: Still 20 to go and cannot believe this turnaround , one of Israel's best games I've seen, Tahs have 40 when they looked unlikely to get 15 .

Ridiculous how quickly it all changed, complete capitulation from the Rebels too

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
6 years 1 month ago #134 by Brent Graham
Thanks for the confidence on overs South and Quill, was a bit worried after 30 but trotted up in the end, still down a bit for the weekend but a nice recovery

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, Madkiwi

More
6 years 1 month ago #135 by coil

Quill wrote: The temperature may be high, but there is a breeze and it actually makes it pleasant.
I know I WOULD run if I played (I'm at the stadium).

I took over 53.5 points and team totals over 27.5 and over 25.5.

Good luck!

Nicely played , a little bit of sweat early on and then trotted in as Brent said. (B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, Madkiwi

More
6 years 1 month ago #136 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: heads up for tomorrow, will be a daytime kickoff in Sydney, very warm, expecting this to be good for some running rugby. Last year same game also a daytime ko produced over 70pts.

Taken over 51.5 pts @ 5/6.

weekend recovered, just wish i'd added match shirts.

Was hard work yesterday after Blues smack, England in-running pts literally landed deep into overtime (sorry coil!), and thankfully skipped Lions and Jags games, both shock results.

More
6 years 1 month ago #137 by coil
Oh man . two weeks in a row this has happened to me . Not checking my bet slip . Last week in running a points play , somehow the overs and under were swopped around .

Today , I back Waratahs plus 2.5 in running after the Rebels go 0-5 up. Looks correct , leave the bet and watch the Waratahs romp home .

Result , I see it's posted as a loser .

It's flipping a HT plus 2.5 .

Result , it's a loser .

Been in this game over 30 years and still make mistakes .

Fed up .

It would have put me slightly up for the weekend now solidly down .

Anyone else been caught or fooled by either too many markets or just not checking .?

More
6 years 1 month ago #138 by Oracle

coil wrote: Oh man . two weeks in a row this has happened to me . Not checking my bet slip . Last week in running a points play , somehow the overs and under were swopped around .

Today , I back Waratahs plus 2.5 in running after the Rebels go 0-5 up. Looks correct , leave the bet and watch the Waratahs romp home .

Result , I see it's posted as a loser .

It's flipping a HT plus 2.5 .

Result , it's a loser .

Been in this game over 30 years and still make mistakes .

Fed up .

It would have put me slightly up for the weekend now solidly down .

Anyone else been caught or fooled by either too many markets or just not checking .?

Yes I have coil, but every mistake I have made I never cancel, I either take another one or die with it, I have had more mistakes go my way than against. But I do check my bet every time, I have never cancelled a bet ever

More
6 years 1 month ago #139 by Oracle

Taylor wrote:

coil wrote: Still 20 to go and cannot believe this turnaround , one of Israel's best games I've seen, Tahs have 40 when they looked unlikely to get 15 .

Ridiculous how quickly it all changed, complete capitulation from the Rebels too

I did not see capitulation, I saw Waratahs believe and play like it was their last game on earth, sure the Rebel's made a couple fo mistakes, but the waratahs played unbelievably, this was game was Great Waratahs and good Rebels

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #140 by Taylor

Oracle wrote:

Taylor wrote:

I did not see capitulation, I saw Waratahs believe and play like it was their last game on earth, sure the Rebel's made a couple fo mistakes, but the waratahs played unbelievably, this was game was Great Waratahs and good Rebels

No doubt the Waratahs were clinical in the second half, they flicked the switch and turned it on, but you could see the Rebels were shell shocked after a couple quick tries and couldn't hold it together. They turned over possession at every chance for a good 20-25mins there and the Waratahs just kept capitalising

Regardless, good to see some quality and entertaining rugby in an Aussie derby for a change. More afternoon games perhaps!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Taylor.

More
6 years 1 month ago #141 by Stark

Stark wrote: Not a good start for me in this year, but here goes: all to come outright win Highlanders, Sharks, Rebels and England!

1 out of 4......shocking!!!