Cycling : La Vuelta Espana

More
4 years 7 months ago #101 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling : La Vuelta Espana
Final meaningful stage of a Grand Tour for the year. Brent's 25/1 on Gilbert about the best we have done. I think Astana make this stage as hard as possible to try and get Lopez on the podium so don't hold out much hope for the break, but it is the last stage so taking a few
Higuita @ 16/1
Teuns @ 39/1
Rodriguez @ 51/1
De Gendt @ 129/1
King @ 149/1
Gilbert @ 239/1
Like the look of Brent's double. O Connor was in the break yesterday so hopefully King's legs a little fresher today
Match bet treble
Lopez/Majka - Pogacar/Quintana - King/O Connor @ 44/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #102 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Cycling : La Vuelta Espana
Cycling year coming to an end shortly (I'll be sad pocket will be happy!)

Today have Majka @ 25/1 and Nieve @ 30/1

But my final big play comes in the matchups.

Majka over Nairo onto Tao GH over Poels onto Soler over Fuglsang @ 7/4

Lopez over Valverde @ 8/10

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
4 years 7 months ago #103 by The Vann
Early in play - 178km to go
Geurreiro @ 7/2

More
4 years 7 months ago #104 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling : La Vuelta Espana
No joy yesterday although no hard feelings with Lopez, at least he tried and just a pity Astana couldn't get men in the break, the stage start just wasn't hard enough and Jumbo were amazing

Let's sign off in style lads

10 units Bennett 7/10 at Sunbet

1 unit winning margin 1 sec or more at 8/1 (covers the lone breakaway winner - watch for a Stybar attack) and the not impossible scenario that daylight runs 2nd to Bennett

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 years 7 months ago #105 by The Vann
Nice treble from Couch yesterday - Congrats. Forecast to bucket down this evening which means city streets become skid pans and anything can happen. Took that 1 sec margin @ 8/1 based on forecast conditions so with Brent there. One for me
1-3
Sarreau @ 7/1
Will be shouting home Bennett for 2.5 stages which looks like the only outright still standing (Sadly I did not follow on it)

More
4 years 7 months ago #106 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Cycling : La Vuelta Espana
Thanks Vann - was nervously checking the final stage results to confirm that Soler had in fact Beaten Fuglsang up the hill. Thank goodness he did!

Still only a slight profit on the stage and does nothing to the damage done over three weeks! Really need the Bennett win for the outright so was still undecided as I was contemplating a big strike on Sam for the stage as well to really make it one big Irish hail-mary to try and save my GT. (As a nice extra kick in the teeth I went through my Sunbet account this morning to see that I had taken Pogacar to win the points comp - needless to say the bugger ends SECOND).

The rain news from Vann as well as the price on my sprinter has me sufficiently cautious to only add the odd multiple with a few cricket bets for the day. But will of course still be cheering him home.

Thanks for all the chat and picks gents. And well done if you lads managed to make some money :)

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
4 years 7 months ago #107 by Brent Graham
Had a final 0.5u on Stybar at 66-1

More
4 years 7 months ago #108 by The Vann
Sadly the last Grand Tour of the season is history. Lost all three out rights by stage 6 and finished with 18 stages paid for ( Mostly courtesy of Brent's Gilbert @ 25/1 ) Cannot believe Couch's 2.5 stage out right lost by 10mm on stage 4 and around 20 cm on stage 21. Was enjoyable chaps and hope to see you all in May next year for the Giro. Going to have to brush up on my rugby over the next month or so.

More
4 years 7 months ago #109 by Brent Graham
Bennett got boxed and credit to QS - still thought he would come past

Was almost exactly square on forum posts heading into todays stage and ended -12.8 units down

Fortunatly my lay through Coil on Betfair of Madroza netted 28 units so overall a profitable tour but one where I placed very few winning bets

Thanks for the contributions guys