Roland Garros

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by Greedyfly
Roland Garros was created by Greedyfly
The second grand slam of the year kicks of tomorrow and given all the talk I've been hearing over the past few weeks they might as well hand Novak Djockovic the trophy and save everyone the hassle. While its very difficult to argue against his chances he is too short for me at 8/10.

Nadal has been on a poor run of form and the the fact that he may face Djokovic in quarter finals has seen his price drift even further to 5/1. I'm certainly prepared to back someone that has 66 wins and one loss at this particular tournament at 5/1. He has been showing signs of improvement and at times looks back to his best but he's been dismal on the big points.I also think the best of 5 sets gives him a slight advantage and his poor form is 100% between the ears, so the longer format will hopefully give him an opportunity to build some confidence. While the draw is tough I think its equally as tough for Novak and I think he is going to feel immense pressure to win this title.

Will that in mind I'm prepared to go against the grain and back the Spaniard.

I also like the look of Gael Monfils at 66/1, always risky business putting your money on Lamonf but he is on the easier side of the draw and has had a good claycourt season thus far beating a few top 10 players including Roger Federer who is in the same side of the draw.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Greedyfly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic Roland Garros
I think that only Murray may pose a more serious threat to Djoko at this French Open. That's why he withdrew from Rome.
Here's an interesting article about it.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article...al-Italian-Open.html

I am not confident that Nadal can win it this time. He's at a low now and he doesn't seem to find weapons against other players, we saw him fight hard and struggle to win against much lower ranked competitors.

I'll take the matches as they come and as and when I have the inspiration and time, I'll post my bets here.

Good luck and have a good one! :)
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #3 by Greedyfly
Replied by Greedyfly on topic Roland Garros
I'm not that confident either but the 5/1 is just too big for me to resist. As for Murray, his win over Nadal in Madrid was largely due to the quick conditions at altitude and he probably has the worst draw. Will likely play Ferrer in the last 8 and Djocko or Nadal in the semis. Dont think he's good enough to beat Novak on clay and If Nadal does find some form and manage to get past Novak I don't think Murray will pose much of a threat. There is definately an opportunity on the other side of the draw, Nikshikori or Federer will likely get to the final.

Good luck to you too

Closing this thread - all Rolland Garros posts can be made on other thread
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Brent Graham. Reason: close thread