Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FINA World Champs

FINA World Champs 4 days 18 hours ago #72519

The FINA World Champs is on the go and our mens and ladies Water Polo teams are in action starting today with the ladies and tomorrow the men.

My daughter started playing this sport at the start of last year and I have spent many hours by the side of the pool. It can be very exciting to watch (perhaps more as a parent than an ordinary spectator) and I have so much respect for these athletes who wrestle each other while treading water - a very tough sport.

2 of my daughters coaches are playing in the men's team and the SA games are televised so I am looking forward to watching. Scanning the books last night I found some betting and as I expected we are big underdogs in our early matches

Today: USA -19.5 SA +19.5 (ladies)
Tomorrow: Serbia -17.5 SA +17.5 (Men)

When I saw the caps I wondered if there might be some value and messaged an ex SA ladies player and coach to ask how many goals underdogs she thought we were. She reckoned around 17 goals for the men and 15-20 goals for the ladies which is pretty much where the bookies have it so unfortunately the odds setters have done their homework (I was hoping she would say 8-10 goals in which case I would have had a decent bet :P )

Still for interest I will take the SA plus double at 2.66/1 at WSB

Ladies +19.5, Men +17.5

The ladies play at 1330 today SS7 and the men at 17h30 tomorrow
Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FINA World Champs 4 days 4 hours ago #72544

As it turns out a 19.5 goal start wasn't enough - enjoyed the coverage though but will resist trying to make my money back on the men tomorrow

FINA World Champs 3 days 19 hours ago #72545

• Brazil
  • Thank you received: 12
The men are in a tough group,Serbia and Greece.
USA women are title contenders,probably easier game for us against NZ women.

Definitely a comp to watch poolside,96 games in two weeks.

FINA World Champs 3 days 19 hours ago #72546

• Brazil
  • Thank you received: 12
Tough one ,USA women are title contenders.

Men are in a tough group,see eastern Europe teams have dominated this men's game over the years.

Definitely a comp to watch poolside,96 games in 2 weeks

FINA World Champs 3 days 19 hours ago #72547

Yip a really tough pool for the men but look forward to seeing them in action. I really enjoyed the match yesterday including the camera angles and the commentary done by 2 local coaches in the SuperSport studio I assume

One thing which would be good is if the 30 second clock was shown somewhere but doubt SuperSport have control of that
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds