All football tips w/c 31st July and outrights

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by mackem
The South Africa and English football season's are drawing close, this week we have the Community Shield taking place and English Championship starts Friday (not sure if we are getting any live Championship matches).

I put a couple of outright pieces together last week. Locally I've sided with Kaizer Chiefs for the title .

Still weighing up the English Premier League which doesn't start while 11th Aug but there is a betting update and news on transfers here.

All football tips most welcome here.

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All football tips w/c 31st July and outrights
I would normally spend many a happy hour this weekend working out my EPL preseason bets but family commitments unfortunately make this impossible.
The one bet I have taken thus far is where the lunatics run the asylum ie Leicester where the players will be making all the managerial decisions. In their last two games they scraped past Luton and lost to Wolves so

Leicester to be relegated yes @ 14/1

( Saw 16/1 last week but now mostly 13/1 - looks like I am not alone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by The Vann
The English Championship starts this weekend and I quite like what Wolves are doing. New manager Nuno Santo who took Porto to last 16 in Champion's League - a couple of good young Portuguese mid fielders - I like Diogo Jota as he scores at better then 1 in 3 - and still buying quality players. This is the pick of my Championship bets

Wolves to be promoted yes @ 7/2
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #4 by The Vann
Need to add a little spice to this evenings watch Bayern Munich v Liverpool

Bayern win and over 3.5 goals @ 2/1 at WSB

That looked pretty impressive

EPL e/w Liverpool @ 11/1
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by The Vann.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by mackem
Community Shield Arsenal v Chelsea (Sunday) preview here , 2-3 goals in total at a shade under evens is my thinking.

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by Mgqwesi
Replied by Mgqwesi on topic All football tips w/c 31st July and outrights
I have afforded myself the luxury of an emotional bet and followed The Vann on that Liverpool 11/1 (added the UCL at 28/1 pre-qualifiers). While they might not be the best in the EPL, I think the biggest problem with our CB pairing is keeping them off the physio table more than their perceived shakiness. Mignolet also displayed adequate solidity towards the end of last season to hopefully bring about more calmness at the back (even though Klopp desperately wants his compatriot to usurp him). A solid LB added to the mix, no AFCON disturbance, good quality added (and most importantly retained) to that front six - ag man, I'm loving this Liverpool team at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
6 years 1 week ago #7 by Mgqwesi
Replied by Mgqwesi on topic All football tips w/c 31st July and outrights
I figured seeing that this is for an outright bet I'll just post it here.

While minding my own business dreaming of European glory, Harry Kane being a selfish tool and Mo Salah’s testicle over the past few days have got me thinking. Spurs have a game in hand over Liverpool and I reckon there’s not much to choose between their remaining opposition in terms of strength. Now with the chaps in red on the march in Europe, I expect big Jürgen to wrap an arm around his Egyptian King to convince him to sacrifice personal glory for much bigger rewards. In other words, to be in peak condition for the semi finals Salah might end up sacrificing two more EPL games in order to preserve his body after the recent scare.

Understandably, being five goals behind is pretty massive at this stage, I feel the above might help swing things. So at 6/1 with Sportingbet (around 4.5/1 with others), I feel Kane is worth a nibble. Off course, those who believe in fairies might need to wait until after 22h30 tonight to partake on this speculative angle.

With the Spurs man clearly showing he’s in no mood to play nice – how can you not back a man who’s willing to eat his daughter to land the Golden Boot?