Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Australian Basketball

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75743

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
I hope to have enough time to try to keep this thread going.

New Zealand Breakers vs Sydney Kings

These two teams met last week at the same venue and the Breakers won by a buzzer beater shot.

They are now one win and one loss, both at home, after two matches in which they haven’t really impressed.

The Kings got their first win 4 days ago at home against Illawarra Hawks, and are now one win and two defeats.

They now return to Auckland but this time without their star Lisch, who is injured.

For the Breakers this is the second consecutive home match against the Kings, and they prepared for it for the past 6 days.

This match looks like another grinding, low scoring one between the two teams, as they have been for the past few years, so I’m going with a rare (for me) unders bet.

Bet 1: NZ Breakers @1.85
Bet 2: Under 173 @1.82
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75750

  • Matador
  • Matador's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 295
  • Thank you received: 69
Nicely done! (B) (B) Sad I missed this
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75752

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
I hope to have enough time to try to keep this thread going.

New Zealand Breakers vs Sydney Kings

These two teams met last week at the same venue and the Breakers won by a buzzer beater shot.

They are now one win and one loss, both at home, after two matches in which they haven’t really impressed.

The Kings got their first win 4 days ago at home against Illawarra Hawks, and are now one win and two defeats.

They now return to Auckland but this time without their star Lisch, who is injured.

For the Breakers this is the second consecutive home match against the Kings, and they prepared for it for the past 6 days.

This match looks like another grinding, low scoring one between the two teams, as they have been for the past few years, so I’m going with a rare (for me) unders bet.

Bet 1: NZ Breakers @1.85
Bet 2: Under 173 @1.82

FT 90-73
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Quill.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75782

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Brisbane Bullets vs Cairns Taipans

Cairns started this season very well, with two wins, but last week they had a brutal reality check when Adelaide beat them at home by 26 points.

Brisbane have not won a match in the league for a very long time.
They finished last season with 4 consecutive defeats and 8 in their last 9 matches.
This season they played one match away to Perth and they lost by 10 points.

However, they played very well and Perth put in a great effort to win that match.

A few days ago the Bullets played a friendly in Phoenix against the Suns, then travelled back to Brisbane.
Although they lost that match by 21 points, it was in the first quarter that Phoenix took a huge lead, as all the other 3 quarters the Bullets recovered some of the deficit, they played very well.

It looks like Brisbane will get a home win. They should, it's about time.

Bet: Brisbane @1.88
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75786

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Perth Wildcats vs Melbourne United

These two teams top the league with two wins each.

The Wildcats won both games by 10 points, both at home.
The wins weren't very convincing, they had periods of time when they struggled and their opposition caused them problems.

Melbourne are playing very good basketball, both their wins came away to Adelaide, the second one a commanding 20 points.

The last 5 matches between these two teams were very tight, all of them ending with Perth Wildcats as winners at 2 or 3 points.

That time the Wildcats were winning the second consecutive title.
This time around they have some new players who are integrating right now, and Prather, last 2 years MVP for Perth, now plays for Melbourne.

I think that Melbourne have a very good chance tonight.

Bet: Melbourne +3.5 @1.88
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75789

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Brisbane Bullets vs Cairns Taipans

Cairns started this season very well, with two wins, but last week they had a brutal reality check when Adelaide beat them at home by 26 points.

Brisbane have not won a match in the league for a very long time.
They finished last season with 4 consecutive defeats and 8 in their last 9 matches.
This season they played one match away to Perth and they lost by 10 points.

However, they played very well and Perth put in a great effort to win that match.

A few days ago the Bullets played a friendly in Phoenix against the Suns, then travelled back to Brisbane.
Although they lost that match by 21 points, it was in the first quarter that Phoenix took a huge lead, as all the other 3 quarters the Bullets recovered some of the deficit, they played very well.

It looks like Brisbane will get a home win. They should, it's about time.

Bet: Brisbane @1.88

FT 83-78
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75797

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Perth Wildcats vs Melbourne United

These two teams top the league with two wins each.

The Wildcats won both games by 10 points, both at home.
The wins weren't very convincing, they had periods of time when they struggled and their opposition caused them problems.

Melbourne are playing very good basketball, both their wins came away to Adelaide, the second one a commanding 20 points.

The last 5 matches between these two teams were very tight, all of them ending with Perth Wildcats as winners at 2 or 3 points.

That time the Wildcats were winning the second consecutive title.
This time around they have some new players who are integrating right now, and Prather, last 2 years MVP for Perth, now plays for Melbourne.

I think that Melbourne have a very good chance tonight.

Bet: Melbourne +3.5 @1.88

FT 89-84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75820

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Adelaide 36ers vs Sydney Kings

The Kings are still trying to find their rhythm, having only one win after 4 games.
Their win came against the Hawks, bottom of the league with 4 defeats in 4 matches.

These two teams met in Sydney 2 weeks ago, with Adelaide coming out clear winners, 105-96.

Adelaide have 2 wins and 2 defeats, both losses however being to Melbourne United, one of the best teams in the league.

Both teams play fast basketball, so I'm taking the overs bet as well.

I will also take a bet365 double, Adelaide ML @1.45 + Alt Totals over 176 @1.41.

Double @2.05.

Adelaide (-4.5) @1.88

Over 181 @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75839

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Adelaide 36ers vs Sydney Kings

The Kings are still trying to find their rhythm, having only one win after 4 games.
Their win came against the Hawks, bottom of the league with 4 defeats in 4 matches.

These two teams met in Sydney 2 weeks ago, with Adelaide coming out clear winners, 105-96.

Adelaide have 2 wins and 2 defeats, both losses however being to Melbourne United, one of the best teams in the league.

Both teams play fast basketball, so I'm taking the overs bet as well.

I will also take a bet365 double, Adelaide ML @1.45 + Alt Totals over 176 @1.41.

Double @2.05.

Adelaide (-4.5) @1.88

Over 181 @1.85

FT 114-84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75907

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Melbourne United vs New Zealand Breakers

After a great start to the season, beating Adelaide two timed, both away, Melbourne had a reality check two days ago when they lost in Perth.
Although it was only a 5 points defeat, Melbourne actually lost the contest in a much clearer fashion.

The Breakers ate coming from two consecutive home wins against Sydney, however Sydney has not clicked yet this season, and made the Breakers look much better than I think they are at this point in the competition.

Melbourne has a much better roster and they should bounce back after their unconvincing performance in Perth.

Bet: Melbourne -8 @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75908

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Melbourne in a bounce back situation with much better roster.

Illawarra lost all their 3 matches so far. They must record their first win and they have a great opportunity now. They have a good quality team and Brisbane haven't impressed yet.

Double home win
Melbourne + Illawarra @1.71
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75910

  • Murfin
  • Murfin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 442
  • Thank you received: 111
thanks quill this is a great thread.
Jesus Saves
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75911

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Illawarra Hawks vs Brisbane Bullets

The Hawks started this season with 3 defeats in 3 matches.
They have gone 6 matches now without a win in the league, including their 0-3 Grand Final loss last season.
OK, all their 3 matches this season were away, but still, for a team of such calibre this is unacceptable.

They are expected to bounce back and win today.

Brisbane lost one and won one and themselves are trying to make their way to the top.

I expect the Hawks to play their free flowing game, so I'm going for overs too.

Bet 1: Illawarra (-3) @1.83
Bet 2: Over 174.5 @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75915

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Australian basketball

Cairns Taipans vs Perth Wildcats

The Taipans are missing four starting players and five overall.
They are coming into this game after two consecutive defeats.

The Wildcats played three home games and won them all.
They look a more offensive team too this season, and I think the total is set a bit too low.

Given the way Perth won their games, leaving no doubt as to the outcome in all the three matches so far, and the Taipans being undermanned, I think the Wildcats will cover this handicap.

Bet 1: Over 159 @1.82
Bet 2: Perth (-3) @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75916

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
This is a double bet with bet365.

Perth (+3.5) @1.31
Over 153.5 @1.40

Total @1.83
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75924

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Melbourne United vs New Zealand Breakers

After a great start to the season, beating Adelaide two timed, both away, Melbourne had a reality check two days ago when they lost in Perth.
Although it was only a 5 points defeat, Melbourne actually lost the contest in a much clearer fashion.

The Breakers ate coming from two consecutive home wins against Sydney, however Sydney has not clicked yet this season, and made the Breakers look much better than I think they are at this point in the competition.

Melbourne has a much better roster and they should bounce back after their unconvincing performance in Perth.

Bet: Melbourne -8 @1.85
FT 76-88
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75925

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Illawarra Hawks vs Brisbane Bullets

The Hawks started this season with 3 defeats in 3 matches.
They have gone 6 matches now without a win in the league, including their 0-3 Grand Final loss last season.
OK, all their 3 matches this season were away, but still, for a team of such calibre this is unacceptable.

They are expected to bounce back and win today.

Brisbane lost one and won one and themselves are trying to make their way to the top.

I expect the Hawks to play their free flowing game, so I'm going for overs too.

Bet 1: Illawarra (-3) @1.83
Bet 2: Over 174.5 @1.85
FT 105-96
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 weeks ago #75926

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Australian basketball

Cairns Taipans vs Perth Wildcats

The Taipans are missing four starting players and five overall.
They are coming into this game after two consecutive defeats.

The Wildcats played three home games and won them all.
They look a more offensive team too this season, and I think the total is set a bit too low.

Given the way Perth won their games, leaving no doubt as to the outcome in all the three matches so far, and the Taipans being undermanned, I think the Wildcats will cover this handicap.

Bet 1: Over 159 @1.82
Bet 2: Perth (-3) @1.85
FT 90-69
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75981

  • Brazil
  • Brazil's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 62
  • Thank you received: 15
Good stuff,do you play NBA and/or Europe leagues too?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75985

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Brazil wrote:
Good stuff,do you play NBA and/or Europe leagues too?
I don't follow those leagues, but I occasionally bet on them when I come across a tip from others.

Brisbane Bullets vs New Zealand Breakers

The Breakers seem to have discovered their mojo, as they are now coming from the third win in a row, and what a win that was!

They beat a star-studded Melbourne United away in a match that didn't leave any doubts about who was the better team.
Now in Brisbane, the Breakers are surely coming with their tails up.

The Bullets haven't impressed yet, they have only one win so far (at home vs Cairns), and are now coming from a 96-105 defeat away to Illawarra.

Brisbane hasn't been consistent so far and they will have to defend very well against the Breakers to stand a chance at winning this game.
The Breakers haven't been quite a high scoring team, so I am tempted by the unders.

Bet 1: NZ Breakers (+1.5) @1.85
Bet 2: Under 170 @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75987

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Perth Wildcats vs Illawarra Hawks

After three wins in a row, Perth came crashing down away to Cairns, when they lost by an astonishing 21 points.

They beat the Hawks home and away in their last 5 encounters, last time two weeks ago in Perth.
The Wildcats must bounce back in this one, as their performance in Cairns was unacceptable.

The Hawks got their first win this season, when they beat Brisbane at home last week.
I think Perth will win this clearly.
Two weeks ago the match ended with a low score, but considering the way these two teams play, I think that that was an exception.

Bet 1: double bet Perth ML @1.30 + Total Points Over 162 @1.41
Total double @1.82
Bet 2: Perth (-7) @1.83
Bet 3: Total over 167.5 @1.82
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murfin

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75989

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Brazil wrote:
Good stuff,do you play NBA and/or Europe leagues too?
I don't follow those leagues, but I occasionally bet on them when I come across a tip from others.

Brisbane Bullets vs New Zealand Breakers

The Breakers seem to have discovered their mojo, as they are now coming from the third win in a row, and what a win that was!

They beat a star-studded Melbourne United away in a match that didn't leave any doubts about who was the better team.
Now in Brisbane, the Breakers are surely coming with their tails up.

The Bullets haven't impressed yet, they have only one win so far (at home vs Cairns), and are now coming from a 96-105 defeat away to Illawarra.

Brisbane hasn't been consistent so far and they will have to defend very well against the Breakers to stand a chance at winning this game.
The Breakers haven't been quite a high scoring team, so I am tempted by the unders.

Bet 1: NZ Breakers (+1.5) @1.85
Bet 2: Under 170 @1.85

FT 96-101
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75998

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Perth Wildcats vs Illawarra Hawks

After three wins in a row, Perth came crashing down away to Cairns, when they lost by an astonishing 21 points.

They beat the Hawks home and away in their last 5 encounters, last time two weeks ago in Perth.
The Wildcats must bounce back in this one, as their performance in Cairns was unacceptable.

The Hawks got their first win this season, when they beat Brisbane at home last week.
I think Perth will win this clearly.
Two weeks ago the match ended with a low score, but considering the way these two teams play, I think that that was an exception.

Bet 1: double bet Perth ML @1.30 + Total Points Over 162 @1.41
Total double @1.82
Bet 2: Perth (-7) @1.83
Bet 3: Total over 167.5 @1.82

FT 105-74
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #75999

  • Murfin
  • Murfin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 442
  • Thank you received: 111
Quill wrote:
Perth Wildcats vs Illawarra Hawks

After three wins in a row, Perth came crashing down away to Cairns, when they lost by an astonishing 21 points.

They beat the Hawks home and away in their last 5 encounters, last time two weeks ago in Perth.
The Wildcats must bounce back in this one, as their performance in Cairns was unacceptable.

The Hawks got their first win this season, when they beat Brisbane at home last week.
I think Perth will win this clearly.
Two weeks ago the match ended with a low score, but considering the way these two teams play, I think that that was an exception.

Bet 1: double bet Perth ML @1.30 + Total Points Over 162 @1.41
Total double @1.82
Bet 2: Perth (-7) @1.83
Bet 3: Total over 167.5 @1.82

top stuff Quill, none of these in doubt.
Jesus Saves
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76014

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Cairns Taipans vs Adelaide 36ers

These two teams met two weeks ago in the same hall, when Adelaide swept he court with the Taipans in a 96-70 demolition.

Adelaide are now coming from a big 30 points home win against Sydney.

Cairns have Michael Carrera back in the team, after escaping a two game suspension, so that is a big boost for the Taipans.

In the meantime, Adelaide got a big signing, as Josh Childress returns to the NBL.

They are now looking at making amends after that first defeat, and after seeing them crushing the current champions Perth Wildcats (21 points win), five days ago on the same floor, I think they can take their revenge on the 36ers tonight.

Bet: Cairns @2.05
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76039

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Cairns Taipans vs Adelaide 36ers

These two teams met two weeks ago in the same hall, when Adelaide swept he court with the Taipans in a 96-70 demolition.

Adelaide are now coming from a big 30 points home win against Sydney.

Cairns have Michael Carrera back in the team, after escaping a two game suspension, so that is a big boost for the Taipans.

In the meantime, Adelaide got a big signing, as Josh Childress returns to the NBL.

They are now looking at making amends after that first defeat, and after seeing them crushing the current champions Perth Wildcats (21 points win), five days ago on the same floor, I think they can take their revenge on the 36ers tonight.

Bet: Cairns @2.05
FT 80-84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76071

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Brisbane Bullets vs Melbourne United

Brisbane are still not clicking together, although they are a high scoring team.
They lost their last two games despite scoring 96 points in each of them.

Today they face a Melbourne team who not only is full of stars, but they get a boost with the return of Hooley back from injury.

Melbourne however, disappointed greatly, as they are coming after two consecutive defeats.
They are still searching for their team chemistry and cohesion, and with so many star players in their roster, they should bounce back today.

Bet 1: Melbourne (-2.5) @1.88
Bet 2: Over 176 @1.86
Bet 3: Double Melbourne +4 @1.30 + Over 169.5 @1.41 = Total @1.84.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76101

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Brisbane Bullets vs Melbourne United

Brisbane are still not clicking together, although they are a high scoring team.
They lost their last two games despite scoring 96 points in each of them.

Today they face a Melbourne team who not only is full of stars, but they get a boost with the return of Hooley back from injury.

Melbourne however, disappointed greatly, as they are coming after two consecutive defeats.
They are still searching for their team chemistry and cohesion, and with so many star players in their roster, they should bounce back today.

Bet 1: Melbourne (-2.5) @1.88
Bet 2: Over 176 @1.86
Bet 3: Double Melbourne +4 @1.30 + Over 169.5 @1.41 = Total @1.84.
FT 87-85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76102

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Illawarra Hawks vs Sydney Kings

These two teams share the last two positions on the ladder, each with one win and four defeats.
Two weeks ago they met in Sydney and the Kings won 103-87.
Since then, Sydney lost two matches and the Hawks beat Brisbane at home.

Both teams are still searching for their game plan, still not clicking, however the Hawks have a great opportunity playing at home against a fellow suffering team.

The Hawks are a different proposition when they play at home, where they play their offensive and high scoring game.
They have a good quality roster and one of the best coaches in the league.

Bet 1: Hawks -4.5 @1.83
Bet 2: Over 182 points @1.84
Bet 3: Double Hawks (+2) @1.30 + Over 176.5 @1.41 = Total double @1.84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 2 weeks ago #76110

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Illawarra Hawks vs Sydney Kings

These two teams share the last two positions on the ladder, each with one win and four defeats.
Two weeks ago they met in Sydney and the Kings won 103-87.
Since then, Sydney lost two matches and the Hawks beat Brisbane at home.

Both teams are still searching for their game plan, still not clicking, however the Hawks have a great opportunity playing at home against a fellow suffering team.

The Hawks are a different proposition when they play at home, where they play their offensive and high scoring game.
They have a good quality roster and one of the best coaches in the league.

Bet 1: Hawks -4.5 @1.83
Bet 2: Over 182 points @1.84
Bet 3: Double Hawks (+2) @1.30 + Over 176.5 @1.41 = Total double @1.84
FT 94-99
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76168

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
New Zealand Breakers vs Adelaide

Adelaide are playing fast, they always look for early scores from rebounding.
They also like to shoot early in the shot clock.

I think that the Breakers will be drawn into this fast basketball.
Last year these two teams played high scoring games.

Bet: Over 178 @1.83
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76169

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Melbourne United vs Cairns Taipans

Melbourne have been really disappointing this beginning of the season. After winning their first two matches, they are now coming into this match after three consecutive defeats.

This week they had a harder session at training, as this situation is unacceptable from such players.

Cairns are blowing hot and cold, nothing special about them so far, with 3 wins and 3 defeats.

I expect Melbourne to bounce back to winning ways and do it in style.

Bet: Melbourne (-6) @1.90
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76170

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
New Zealand Breakers vs Adelaide

Adelaide are playing fast, they always look for early scores from rebounding.
They also like to shoot early in the shot clock.

I think that the Breakers will be drawn into this fast basketball.
Last year these two teams played high scoring games.

Bet: Over 178 @1.83
FT 92-88
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76172

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Melbourne United vs Cairns Taipans

Melbourne have been really disappointing this beginning of the season. After winning their first two matches, they are now coming into this match after three consecutive defeats.

This week they had a harder session at training, as this situation is unacceptable from such players.

Cairns are blowing hot and cold, nothing special about them so far, with 3 wins and 3 defeats.

I expect Melbourne to bounce back to winning ways and do it in style.

Bet: Melbourne (-6) @1.90
FT 87-65
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76179

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Brisbane Bullets vs Illawarra Hawks

These two teams have not shown much so far this season.
The Bullets are third from bottom with two wins in 6 games.
Last week they beat Melbourne by 2 points, at home. However, Melbourne played poorly in that match.

The Hawks are last year's grand finalists and yet they are now at the bottom of the ladder with only one win in 6 matches.
That win was at home against Brisbane, two weeks ago.

The Hawks are in danger of losing touch with the rest of the teams, so they must get a result from this match.
They have a very good coach, good quality roster (most of the players are last year's finalists), so they should be able to lift their game against a team who has its own inconsistencies.

Bet: Hawks (+4) @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76188

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Perth Wildcats vs Sydney Kings

The Wildcats are in great form, with four wins and one defeat so far this season, and are scoring big numbers too.

Sydney have just got their second win of the season, after OT at Illawarra, not far from Sydney. They have never won before in Perth, and the Wildcats generally beat them at huge differences.

Based on their current form, with the Wildcats on fire at home, I think that they will cover this handicap tonight.

Perth -11.5 @1.90
Over 168 @1.85
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76189

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Brisbane Bullets vs Illawarra Hawks

These two teams have not shown much so far this season.
The Bullets are third from bottom with two wins in 6 games.
Last week they beat Melbourne by 2 points, at home. However, Melbourne played poorly in that match.

The Hawks are last year's grand finalists and yet they are now at the bottom of the ladder with only one win in 6 matches.
That win was at home against Brisbane, two weeks ago.

The Hawks are in danger of losing touch with the rest of the teams, so they must get a result from this match.
They have a very good coach, good quality roster (most of the players are last year's finalists), so they should be able to lift their game against a team who has its own inconsistencies.

Bet: Hawks (+4) @1.85
FT 81-112
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76192

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Perth Wildcats vs Sydney Kings

The Wildcats are in great form, with four wins and one defeat so far this season, and are scoring big numbers too.

Sydney have just got their second win of the season, after OT at Illawarra, not far from Sydney. They have never won before in Perth, and the Wildcats generally beat them at huge differences.

Based on their current form, with the Wildcats on fire at home, I think that they will cover this handicap tonight.

Perth -11.5 @1.90
Over 168 @1.85
FT 93-69
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76210

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Melbourne Utd vs Adelaide 36ers

Adelaide are coming into this match from a narrow defeat away to New Zealand Breakers, in a match where the Breakers succeeded to control the tempo and kept the 36ers to a low (for Adelaide standards) 88 points.

They will certainly try to address that in this match.

Melbourne finally won another match 3 days ago at home, keeping Cairns to a low 65 points in a match that they led from the beginning till the end, scoring 15 3-pointers.

These two teams already met two times so far, both times in Adelaide, both times Melbourne scoring 99 points and both times Melbourne won.

Adelaide will want their revenge, of course, as head-to-head score matters for the classification on the ladder.
Also, Adelaide are expected to get back to their high tempo style of basketball to have a chance in this one, and since Melbourne already scored 99 points past them two times, I'm going for overs here.

Bet: Over 184 @1.90
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76211

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers

The Breakers are on a 5 match winning run, which brought them to the top of the ladder.
At the beginning of the season, the Taipans won in Auckland 82-71.
Things have changed since then, and the Breakers have found their rhythm, while the Taipans are just hot and cold, not consistent.

The Taipans lost 4 in their last 5, losing their last two, so they will be looking at bouncing back in this match.

While it's difficult to choose a winner here, given the hot run that the Breakers are on, and Taipans need of a win, it is the total points that draws my attention here, as the amount is below the average that these two teams have played.
OK, the total was 153 in the match between them, but that was the beginning of the season, and since then the teams have found their pace and touch.

Bet: Over 158.5 @1.80
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76218

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Melbourne Utd vs Adelaide 36ers

Adelaide are coming into this match from a narrow defeat away to New Zealand Breakers, in a match where the Breakers succeeded to control the tempo and kept the 36ers to a low (for Adelaide standards) 88 points.

They will certainly try to address that in this match.

Melbourne finally won another match 3 days ago at home, keeping Cairns to a low 65 points in a match that they led from the beginning till the end, scoring 15 3-pointers.

These two teams already met two times so far, both times in Adelaide, both times Melbourne scoring 99 points and both times Melbourne won.

Adelaide will want their revenge, of course, as head-to-head score matters for the classification on the ladder.
Also, Adelaide are expected to get back to their high tempo style of basketball to have a chance in this one, and since Melbourne already scored 99 points past them two times, I'm going for overs here.

Bet: Over 184 @1.90
FT 101-84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76232

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers

The Breakers are on a 5 match winning run, which brought them to the top of the ladder.
At the beginning of the season, the Taipans won in Auckland 82-71.
Things have changed since then, and the Breakers have found their rhythm, while the Taipans are just hot and cold, not consistent.

The Taipans lost 4 in their last 5, losing their last two, so they will be looking at bouncing back in this match.

While it's difficult to choose a winner here, given the hot run that the Breakers are on, and Taipans need of a win, it is the total points that draws my attention here, as the amount is below the average that these two teams have played.
OK, the total was 153 in the match between them, but that was the beginning of the season, and since then the teams have found their pace and touch.

Bet: Over 158.5 @1.80
FT 70-73
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76248

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Sydney Kings vs Illawarra Hawks

These teams met two times so far this season, both times the Kings won.
However, each time the Hawks were on a short turnaround (2 days and 3 days respectively) from their previous match in Perth.
Please note that both teams playing today are from the same area, Illawarra is not far away from Sydney.

Perth is approx. 4000 km west from Sydney, 3 hours time zone difference, 5.5 hours flight to Perth and 4.5 hours return to Sydney (one hour difference because of the Roaring Forties, the winds that blow from east to west over the 40 degrees parallel).

This travel factor affects all teams, and even Perth Wildcats suffered a heavy defeat when they travelled from Perth to Cairns.

Now it is Sydney's turn to have a short turnaround coming from Perth, where anyway they looked in disarray, losing by 24 points.

The Hawks play a free flowing basketball, they like to play fast and not wait for the clock, trying to surprise the opposition defence.
The Kings have very good shooters too, and no wonder the previous two games that these teams played were big overs.

Bet 1: Hawks +2.5 @1.81
Bet 2: Over 181 points @1.83
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 1 week ago #76250

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Sydney Kings vs Illawarra Hawks

These teams met two times so far this season, both times the Kings won.
However, each time the Hawks were on a short turnaround (2 days and 3 days respectively) from their previous match in Perth.
Please note that both teams playing today are from the same area, Illawarra is not far away from Sydney.

Perth is approx. 4000 km west from Sydney, 3 hours time zone difference, 5.5 hours flight to Perth and 4.5 hours return to Sydney (one hour difference because of the Roaring Forties, the winds that blow from east to west over the 40 degrees parallel).

This travel factor affects all teams, and even Perth Wildcats suffered a heavy defeat when they travelled from Perth to Cairns.

Now it is Sydney's turn to have a short turnaround coming from Perth, where anyway they looked in disarray, losing by 24 points.

The Hawks play a free flowing basketball, they like to play fast and not wait for the clock, trying to surprise the opposition defence.
The Kings have very good shooters too, and no wonder the previous two games that these teams played were big overs.

Bet 1: Hawks +2.5 @1.81
Bet 2: Over 181 points @1.83
FT 83-93
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 5 days ago #76309

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
New Zealand Breakers vs Perth Wildcats

This is the biggest rivalry in the league right now.
These two teams have won the championship 8 times in the last 8 years, 4 times each, and they played the finals against each other a couple of times too during this period.

They are both at the top of the ladder right now, each with only one defeat.

It's difficult to guess a winner in this match-up today, but I think it will be a defensive game.
These two teams play very tight games, their encounters over the past few years have been low scoring.

Also, these two teams like to run the clock.

Given all these circumstances, I think we will have an under score here.

Bet: Under 168.5 @1.82
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 5 days ago #76315

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Cairns Taipans vs Melbourne United

The Taipans play a disruptive game and they run the clock. They play defensively and their scores in general are low.

Melbourne have not impressed yet, although their roster is full of stars.
Nevertheless, in Cairns all the teams find it difficult to play.

Bet: Under 163.5 @1.82
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 5 days ago #76316

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
New Zealand Breakers vs Perth Wildcats

This is the biggest rivalry in the league right now.
These two teams have won the championship 8 times in the last 8 years, 4 times each, and they played the finals against each other a couple of times too during this period.

They are both at the top of the ladder right now, each with only one defeat.

It's difficult to guess a winner in this match-up today, but I think it will be a defensive game.
These two teams play very tight games, their encounters over the past few years have been low scoring.

Also, these two teams like to run the clock.

Given all these circumstances, I think we will have an under score here.

Bet: Under 168.5 @1.82
FT 88-84
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 5 days ago #76320

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Quill wrote:
Cairns Taipans vs Melbourne United

The Taipans play a disruptive game and they run the clock. They play defensively and their scores in general are low.

Melbourne have not impressed yet, although their roster is full of stars.
Nevertheless, in Cairns all the teams find it difficult to play.

Bet: Under 163.5 @1.82
FT 92-69
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 days ago #76352

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Melbourne United vs Sydney Kings

Just when we thought that Melbourne began to click, they copped a big and embarrassing defeat away to Cairns, embarrassing because of its proportions: 69-92.

They have a full roster, all those stars, it's unbelievable how they are still not in top 3, and trained hard to improve their game and they want to win this today.

Sydney are just not finding their rhythm. They lost at home to Illawarra Hawks, with whom they were sharing the bottom spots on the ladder, a team whom they had beaten twice already this season.
They are missing their big star Lisch, but they made a big signing recently: Jerome Randle, one of the best players in the league for the past couple of years, returns to the NBL and he will play probably next week.

They will probably have to wait until then for their next win.

Bet: Melbourne -8.5 @1.83
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Australian Basketball 1 month 3 days ago #76354

  • Quill
  • Quill's Avatar
  • Online
  • Posts: 3523
  • Thank you received: 519
Adelaide 36ers vs Illawarra Hawks

These are two of the fastest teams in Australian basketball.
They don't run down the clock, they try to shoot early and attack fast.
They both average over 90 ppg so far, both scored and allowed.

Bet: Over 187.5 @1.80
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds