All cricket tips w/c 8th January

More
11 months 4 days ago #1 by mackem
All cricket tips w/c 8th January was created by mackem
Proteas v India test series continues, Pakistan are in New Zealand (ODI's) and Australia and England start their ODI series at the weekend. Locally the One Day Cup provides the interest.

Previews to follow and all this weeks cricket tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 days ago - 11 months 4 days ago #2 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
While Nottingham Forest are busy buggering up my Sunday footie acca I thought I would check the cricket odds. If you can believe anything from weather forecasters it looks like clouds in Cape Town tomorrow followed by the best batting conditions on Tuesday for the remainder of the SA v India test ( Effectively day 4 on a good wicket ). As an eternal optimist I am taking some
India to win @ 9/1
( Also SA minus Steyn - as forecast by The Incredible Couch )
Last edit: 11 months 4 days ago by The Vann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 days ago #3 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Nothing on the Ashes long terms for me but really bad luck there Couch on the Smith/Root double. Taken out 5 runs short by a tummy bug :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 days ago #4 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January

The Vann wrote: While Nottingham Forest are busy buggering up my Sunday footie acca I thought I would check the cricket odds. If you can believe anything from weather forecasters it looks like clouds in Cape Town tomorrow followed by the best batting conditions on Tuesday for the remainder of the SA v India test ( Effectively day 4 on a good wicket ). As an eternal optimist I am taking some
India to win @ 9/1
( Also SA minus Steyn - as forecast by The Incredible Couch )


And stake covered @ 11/10 which gives me India @ 8/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 days ago #5 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Cobras v Dolphins on Wednesday in the 1 Day Cup, preview here

Speculative play on Dolphins win at 27/20 with their sponsors

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 days ago #6 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January

The Vann wrote: Nothing on the Ashes long terms for me but really bad luck there Couch on the Smith/Root double. Taken out 5 runs short by a tummy bug :angry:


Ffs!! :pinch: In all honesty Root didn't kick on and ever get that big score so didnt really deserve the win but jeez that would have been a fantastic payout to start the 2018 betting year... :dry:

Twitter: @HDCouchCritic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 days ago #7 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
That was quite a test match at Newlands, must say I thought India would get close to the target.

Second test, Centurion, starts Saturday, preview here

Top Away Bowler - 1st Inns, Bhuvneshwar Kumar at 3/1
Top Away Batsman - 1st Inns, Virat Kohli at 5/2

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 days ago #8 by shaft
Replied by shaft on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Having a go at the Knights today @ 8/10. Colin Ingram's boots have proved tough to fill thus far for the Warriors.

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago #9 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Cobras v Dolphins
Dolphins top bat Vilas @ 7/2
and my old favourite
Match run outs over 1.5 @ 7/4
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago #10 by Stoossy
Replied by Stoossy on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Sydney Thunder vs, Perth Scorchers ( Thunder to win 1/1 )

This Scorchers side does not look quite as fearsome without Tye, Richardson and Willey, as opposing teams will now be able to focus on playing out Mitchell Johnson’s four overs and target the remaining 16 to score from. That will surely be the Thunder’s approach here and they look stronger overall from their changes with Vince and Khawaja outweighing the loss of Jos Buttler. The urgency for the Thunder is far greater than the Scorchers and the underdogs may well just cause the surprise here with home advantage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 day ago #11 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Warriors v Lions in the One Day Cup on Thursday, preview here , choice game, slight preference for Lionsd

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 22 hours ago #12 by Matador
Replied by Matador on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January

Stoossy wrote: Sydney Thunder vs, Perth Scorchers ( Thunder to win 1/1 )

This Scorchers side does not look quite as fearsome without Tye, Richardson and Willey, as opposing teams will now be able to focus on playing out Mitchell Johnson’s four overs and target the remaining 16 to score from. That will surely be the Thunder’s approach here and they look stronger overall from their changes with Vince and Khawaja outweighing the loss of Jos Buttler. The urgency for the Thunder is far greater than the Scorchers and the underdogs may well just cause the surprise here with home advantage.


After lookign at the team line-up I agree with your sentiments (B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #13 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All cricket tips w/c 8th January
Must say I think India are a bit of value at 4/1

If they don't get over 350 then India will have a chance of a 1st innings lead and Ashwin going to be very hard to play as the match moves forward

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum