All cricket tips w/c 26th March

More
6 years 3 days ago #1 by mackem
All cricket tips w/c 26th March was created by mackem
SA v Australia and NZ v England test series' continue and West Indies are in Pakistan.

Monday morning sees Cricket Australia announce that they plan to deal with the ball tampering enquiry as a matter of urgency. ICC have already banned Steve Smith for Wanderers test. Interested to see what Cricket Australia do over and above that.

All this weeks cricket tips and any opinions on ball tampering are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 day ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March
12 months ban for Smith and Warner, 9 months for Bancroft.

4th test preview, Wanderers, starts Friday
Top Home Batsman - 1st Inns, de Villiers at 28/10
Top Away Bowler - 1st Inns, Hazlewood at 28/10

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March
Last chance to ever bet Morne
MOM Morkel @ 14/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March
Taken 5/6 SA under 460.5 runs, ball doing a bit and reckon we could have a couple of wickets before the close

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by Brent Graham
Bet barely down and they take Cummins off and bring on Marsh who proceeds to bowl the biggest load of drivel seen in some time

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #6 by The Missing Link
Replied by The Missing Link on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March

Brent Graham wrote: Bet barely down and they take Cummins off and bring on Marsh who proceeds to bowl the biggest load of drivel seen in some time

Think there's plenty in this pitch and 460 is a long way away now so bet looks a good one! Think we've batted very well to get to this stage and I'm going to be looking at unders in the Aus innings
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by The Missing Link.

More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by The Vann

The Missing Link wrote:

Brent Graham wrote: Bet barely down and they take Cummins off and bring on Marsh who proceeds to bowl the biggest load of drivel seen in some time

Think there's plenty in this pitch and 460 is a long way away now so bet looks a good one! Think we've batted very well to get to this stage and I'm going to be looking at unders in the Aus innings

Unders still looking good - 412/8 - Agree with you on the pitch TML. Going to be interesting to see what the books come up with for Australia

More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by The Missing Link
Came out quite low at 270.5 but had a nibble. Kawaja under 24.5 here, he's been awful recently

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9 by MrMeeseeks
Replied by MrMeeseeks on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March

The Missing Link wrote: Came out quite low at 270.5 but had a nibble. Kawaja under 24.5 here, he's been awful recently

Also had him on the under since they said he only averages 24 outside Aus. Didn't pan out but the other live bets have been going pretty well. Took Paine over 35.5 when he had 20, looking in good knick. First wicket under 21.5 for Aus since they had two new openers fresh off a plane. Had a go at SA #9th wicket over 436.5 at some point, also cleared because Maharaj is pretty solid with the bad, gets underestimated a lot.

As of now I'm just looking for the new ball. When that comes a wicket will be sure to follow, so will be taking the under, unless it's set ridiculously low, for the fall of next wicket. (Edit: Aussies fell over pretty easily well before the new ball, 10overs)

Sunbet opened in-play bets pretty late on our innings but still took a stab at Markram over 45.5 since he's having a great game and #1 wicket over 48.5 because we are so on top of the game at the moment on a pretty good batting wicket.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by MrMeeseeks.

More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by The Missing Link
Pakistan West indies 2nd T20. Under 306.5 runs. Playing at the same ground so assume pitch won't get any better. Pakistan did score 200 but 45 in the last 2 overs will be hard to replicate. West Indies are awful regardless and Pakistan have the best limited overs bowlers in the world so they will struggle like last game regardless of what Pakistan score

More
5 years 11 months ago #11 by The Missing Link
I cannot believe South Africa are still batting. If there's rain in the next two days we'll draw this game. Players think they bigger than the team here, should've been bowling 20 overs ago after batting a lot quicker than this

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #12 by MrMeeseeks

The Missing Link wrote: I cannot believe South Africa are still batting. If there's rain in the next two days we'll draw this game. Players think they bigger than the team here, should've been bowling 20 overs ago after batting a lot quicker than this

Was thinking the exact same thing. We're leading by 540 right now. I believe the highest successful 4th innings chase is 310 or thereabouts. No clue what we're still doing out there. Maybe they want to win 2-1 by removing any remote chance they might win...still makes no sense.

That said, once we declare I'd probably go under for #1 wicket. Imagine the aussies are itching to get on that plane.

More
5 years 11 months ago #13 by The Vann
Philander has a strapped groin - KG has a stiff lower back and Morne can't bowl with the side strain
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks

More
5 years 11 months ago #14 by Brent Graham
took some 5/1 the draw

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #15 by MrMeeseeks

Brent Graham wrote: took some 5/1 the draw

Not a bad punt at all. Just saw that highest 4th innings total at wanderers is 450, second highest 351 (it was in the 350's) and both ended in draws. Plus with the weather and SA just batting wayyy too long, I think that's a pretty solid call.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #16 by MrMeeseeks
Also took draw but at 4/1

Under 19.5 - fall of first wicket at 8/10

More
5 years 11 months ago #17 by The Vann
Australia over 208.5 @ 5/6

More
5 years 11 months ago #18 by Brent Graham
followed Vann - took over 203.5 the ball before Bavuma dropped the catch - phew

More
5 years 11 months ago #19 by The Vann

The Vann wrote: Philander has a strapped groin - KG has a stiff lower back and Morne can't bowl with the side strain

This came from the dressing room via cricinfo to explain the delay in the declaration. Man I hope we don't see Faf in a new leather jacket in the near future :whistle:

More
5 years 11 months ago #20 by The Vann
Hard to believe that Aussie cricket is all " Smoke and Mirrors". Take away the ball tampering - win the sledging contest and there is nothing left but a bunch of very ordinary players :ohmy:

More
5 years 11 months ago #21 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic All cricket tips w/c 26th March
I think that's a very unfair assessment to be honest. How can any side bounce back from what this Australian side recently endured. Lost a frontrunner, captain, coach and newbie with loads of potential in one go. Dont see much sledging from the Aussies in the IPL and still manage to cope well in that enviroment :) It was always going to be an uphill battle getting these guys motivated given the circumstances.