Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Brent Graham
Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers! was created by Brent Graham
You guys might remember a punter who took a bookmaker to the Gambling Board and also to court around a payment dispute a couple of years back?

Seems this triggered a Gambling Board investigation into the online industry including the limiting of winning customers.

I received an e-mail yesterday from the punter (an occasional poster on this forum) confirming that the Gambling Board will this week be issuing new rules to online bookmakers and 2 of the changes will be very relevant to many of us.

Firstly bookmakers will not be able to limit players at their own discretion as they currently do. A minimum payout of 20k will need to be guaranteed on every bet struck on their site.

Secondly while bookmakers will be entitled to close the account of customers deemed to be partaking in fraudulent means (multiple accounts etc.) this cannot be done just because a client is winning and the onus will be on the bookmaker to prove misuse of the account and that the client has gained an unfair advantage.

A statement from the Gambling Board will be issued this week and while there is still a process to follow it is expected these new rules will be in play 1st quarter 2019.

A big victory for the small guy!

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sleuth01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by kompos
Replied by kompos on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
LOL - good effort Brent

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Oracle
Replied by Oracle on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!

Brent Graham wrote: You guys might remember a punter who took a bookmaker to the Gambling Board and also to court around a payment dispute a couple of years back?

Seems this triggered a Gambling Board investigation into the online industry including the limiting of winning customers.

I received an e-mail yesterday from the punter (an occasional poster on this forum) confirming that the Gambling Board will this week be issuing new rules to online bookmakers and 2 of the changes will be very relevant to many of us.

Firstly bookmakers will not be able to limit players at their own discretion as they currently do. A minimum payout of 20k will need to be guaranteed on every bet struck on their site.

Secondly while bookmakers will be entitled to close the account of customers deemed to be partaking in fraudulent means (multiple accounts etc.) this cannot be done just because a client is winning and the onus will be on the bookmaker to prove misuse of the account and that the client has gained an unfair advantage.

A statement from the Gambling Board will be issued this week and while there is still a process to follow it is expected these new rules will be in play 1st quarter 2019.

While this sounds great and all that, I would like a price that it will never happen. There is no way a gambling board can have authority to tell a bookmaker to accept a bet from everyone, and to win R20k minimum, sorry but I do not believe it.

Absolutely never, ever worry about the stuff you cannot control!!

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by kompos
Although this is obviously a joke. It is not far fetched.
30 years ago bookies had to lay the price on their board to anyone to a certain amount until 5 minutes before a race, and then again a certain lesser amount – after all they are the ones with the licenses
The irony is they would ask you “how many times do you want it”- no one got knocked back

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Western Cape Mystic
Replied by Western Cape Mystic on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
Hi guys, have been following the forum for a while, love all the rugby tips especially and all the other sports too but seems that none of the punters play the lucky numbers.

Lunchtime 49's is our specialty and as we are limited at most books after a lot of success I thought I would post picks for today on this thread.

Just to let you know how we play. Each night the wife and I sit outside as the sun goes down and envisage which numbers we see being drawn out of lunchtime 49's the following day. Just like you guys with the rugby we do our homework thoroughly and we follow all the right signals.

For today's 49's we envisage numbers 3,6,21,29, 31 and we find it's best to perm the 5 numbers with a banker which never changes, in our case we always use number 50 and we don't place our bets until 12:00 hours.

If the admins of this forum would like to use our lunchtime 49's picks from our you tube channel, please let us know.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
Good news - Thanks Brent. I believe they did try something similar around a year ago but nothing came of it - Around the 1st of April last year if memory serves :lol:

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #7 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
Well played, Brent. You got me hook, line and sinker. Already had visions of contacting WSB to reopen my account.

Western Cape Mystic, with all respect, I have always thought people playing those lucky numbers have serious gambling problems. You are welcome to try and prove me wrong.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #8 by kompos
you just fell for another one, Hanrick

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #9 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!

kompos wrote: you just fell for another one, Hanrick

:(

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #10 by coil

Brent Graham wrote: You guys might remember a punter who took a bookmaker to the Gambling Board and also to court around a payment dispute a couple of years back?

Good One Brent :lol:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by coil.

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #11 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
Glad I got a few of you lads LOL

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #12 by Oracle
Replied by Oracle on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!

Brent Graham wrote: Glad I got a few of you lads LOL

Nice one @Brent you got me, ha ha, I did not get got by anyone else, you are in scarce minority

Absolutely never, ever worry about the stuff you cannot control!!

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #13 by Sybawoods
Replied by Sybawoods on topic Gambling Board to crack down on bookmakers!
Saw on Twitter and specially came here to read further, while working out which of my limited accounts to open first :woohoo: :woohoo: