UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May

More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by mackem
Not much in the way of televised football before the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Liverpool on Saturday.

Will have a preview of that game up in due course and in the meantime any football tips this week are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Real Madrid v Liverpool UCL Final preview (Saturday)
Bets: (all 90 mins) Liverpool total goals, over 1.5 at even money
Anytime goalscorer (90 mins) van Djik 10/1
Correct score, Liverpool win 3-2 at 20/1

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mgqwesi

More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by Mgqwesi
Replied by Mgqwesi on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Finally, what will probably be the longest week of the season for some of us has arrived. Oh, what I would give to be a neutral at this juncture, I just don't know if my heart will be able to survive this.

With my pre-season 28/1 on the Reds still very much in business, I'm simply looking at goals for this clash but can't seem get my hands on a BTTS&O3.5 bet. With the top 4 goal scorers in this year’s competition taking to the field for this clash, defences on both sides will come under heavy artillery. While finals are known to be dull and scrappy affairs, I simply cannot see this Liverpool side under Jurgen Klopp following that script. Admittedly, Loris Karius has a class-leading 6 clean sheets this season but I think you can count on the Champions League record goal scorer and Real Madrid to find a way around that obstacle (they always do).

For now I'll be following you Mackem on those LFC goals and will then spend the rest of the week dreaming of another Mackem lifting Ol' Big Ears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
5 years 10 months ago #4 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Great post Mgqwesi, holding thumbs for your outright bet by whatever scoreline. Must say Sunderland fans very proud of Henderson, along with the Everton keeper they are the only top drawer players to have come through our academy which supposedly has some of the best facilities in the country. Sad state of affairs at my club...!

More
5 years 10 months ago #5 by Mgqwesi
Replied by Mgqwesi on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Thanks Mackem. The lad has certainly not disgraced himself this season, even though the last-day goals conceded at West Ham might leave Southgate sweating just a bit. Pity about your club, hopefully your League One stay will be fleeting.

OK, just polished my 3rd chicken Kiev of the week, now I'm back for more Saturday night fare. Seeing that those ‘drown your sorrows’ drinks need to be paid for anyway, this brings me to the lot that have been installed as favourites for Saturday evening.

Real Madrid have scored 1st 50% of the time this season in the Champions League but that drops to 33% during the knockout stages. Liverpool on the other hand have found the net 1st 67% of the time during the knockout stages, which is similar to their group stage strike rate. Now, if you are also of the belief that “mentally weak” Liverpool ( bleacherreport.com/articles/2777094-why-...tally-weak-liverpool ) are bound to crumble anyway after taking the early lead, match flow odds of 9.76/1 at BetX might do the trick in this case – just do not expect me to help shout that one home with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham

More
5 years 10 months ago #6 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
UEFA Champions League Final
There are three points worth considering when pondering a punt on this match.
1) In their last three matches that mattered ie the first leg of the last 16 - 1/4 and semi both these sides won all three and conceded only two goals each in the process.
2) Real Madrid were outplayed by both Juve and Bayern in their last two ties but still managed to get through - Fate?
3) Liverpool seem to tense up late on and Roma scored freely against them in the last ten minutes.
My take on this match is a low scoring affair with Real Madrid winning late on.
On the fixed odds I am taking
Real Madrid to win by one goal exactly @ 3/1
Matchflow
Liverpool/Real Madrid @ 17/2

Like Mgqwesi I have a Liverpool ticket from before the quarters at 12/1 ( posted on these boards ) but I am going to cover a large portion of it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Based on several facts - namely - a collection of books owe me 21 units on Sky in the Giro - the fact that in SA they have repeatedly played the Milan v Liverpool final ( which finished 3-3 ) - and the mighty South made the middle on the Saders :woohoo: a unit on
Real Madrid v Liverpool 3-3 @ 25/1

( Not a recommended punt based on the sides defences when it really matters )

More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Should hopefully be a cracker -

Liverpool 3-1, 3-2 - both 20/1
Van Djyk 22/1 1st or last goal

More
5 years 10 months ago #9 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic UCL Final and other football w/c 21st May
Hoping to log into my account and see I took 3-1 Real instead... :S

Absolute shocker from Karius x2, has looked suspect all season, need to ship him out ASAP and find a decent goalie.