WSB confiscating funds

More
1 week 5 days ago #1 by Murfin
WSB confiscating funds was created by Murfin
Hi all, need your guidance on this for one of my friends. He had a good weekend on sport last weekend and got his account up to R80 000. WSB make him do random security checks and then says he has a linked account so they confiscating all his funds.

I know bookies limit good sports bettors but never in my 10 years of sports betting heard of bookies just deciding to take someones winnings like that.

They sent him terms and conditions in the "opening account" section in T&C's which state the below in bold.

In particular if using a credit or debit card, the Cardholder's name MUST be the same as the name used when registering with the site (his card is definitely in his name). Where this is not the case the account will be suspended. Where an account is suspended, customers should contact Customer Services. All bets that are placed prior to an account being suspended will stand win or lose.

Customers may open only one account. Should we identify any customer with more than one account we reserve the right to treat any such accounts as one joint account.

They suspended his account after all his bets (as once account is suspended can't do any bets). So surely like the T&C's state his bets stand.

They state that if someone has more than one account they have the right to treat it as one account? What does this mean ? Surely they can't just join his account to someones elses and then that person can use his balance and account as they see fit?

Do you guys have any advice?

Jesus Saves

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #2 by Ruan Fourie
Replied by Ruan Fourie on topic WSB confiscating funds
Wow that's shocking!

I hope he comes right. Hopefully someone can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murfin

More
1 week 5 days ago #3 by Murfin
Replied by Murfin on topic WSB confiscating funds
Thanks Ruan. Yeah, hope WSB don't do this to anyone else.

My friend sent a reply, highlighting their T&C's to them and the fact that he sent all his documents through a commissioner of Oaths like they requested through the random security check, so they can't just tell him he is linked to another account and they taking his money.

If anyone has any take on this would really appreciate it. Am hoping they reply positively and helpfully, and its resolved quickly and correctly.

Jesus Saves

More
1 week 5 days ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic WSB confiscating funds
Murfin, it sounds as if your friend is handling with them directly which is the 1st step and if he is not happy with the outcome then he can take it to the Gambling Board.

At the end of the day if he is in the right I am sure he will get paid and don't think there is anything anyone can advise that will change things.

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murfin

More
1 week 4 days ago #5 by Murfin
Thanks BG appreciate the response. My friend sent them another email as they don't want to budge and then I think will have to use the Gauteng Gambling board. The only thing I can think of because they not very specific about the linking of accounts is that he placed some bets at my house. So they probably not happy that he used my wifi / IP address, but that seems a bit petty, as no one will think to disconnect their wifi and then use expensive mobile data just for the sake of IP address.

Do you have any contacts at the Gauteng Gambling board or know anyone that ever used them?

PS: I went to their site and looks like there is a small form to submit as trying to help him. Just crossing my fingers it doesn't have to go to them as I don't know how efficient they are or how long it will take.

Jesus Saves

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #6 by shaft
Replied by shaft on topic WSB confiscating funds
How amusing is their new payout limit of R10 million

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by shaft.

More
1 week 3 days ago #7 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic WSB confiscating funds
What's disconcerting is the fact that it seems as though they prey on those that they believe have linked accounts. Funny how they keep mum about it so long as a customer deposits funds knowing full and well that they wont see a cent should they find a bit of form. Should the client lose along the way, the bookie is more than happy to keep the funds which is effectively printing money in their pockets as they cannot lose either way. This begs the question, who is truely the fraud in cases like that? :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaft

More
1 week 2 days ago #8 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic WSB confiscating funds
As I have lots of experience in betting I have friends and friends of friends asking with which bookmaker they should open accounts regularly. When I advise them I always tell them the best is to stay away from WSB. Snakes!

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
1 week 2 days ago #9 by RuggaBugga
Replied by RuggaBugga on topic WSB confiscating funds

shaft wrote: How amusing is their new payout limit of R10 million

Biggest and most misleading advertisement in betting history!
New payout limit for "new" punters is R10 Million.
Max bet limit for me = R300

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Scared money dont make money! BOOM!

More
1 week 2 days ago #10 by catsmug
Replied by catsmug on topic WSB confiscating funds
@Murfin - do WSB have any substance to their claim that your mate does have a linked account?

If they do, then as much as it hurts me to say this, they have every right not to pay.

When will the bigger hitters realise that there are ways around the Betfair limits and start making plans to profit off these? Make a plan boys. If you are punting at the levels that you have R80000 winnings you can afford a ticket to the UK and set yourself up. I did it 10 plus years ago and haven't looked back.

If there are odds offered, I'm interested

More
1 week 2 days ago #11 by Matador
Replied by Matador on topic WSB confiscating funds

catsmug wrote:
When will the bigger hitters realise that there are ways around the Betfair limits and start making plans to profit off these? Make a plan boys. If you are punting at the levels that you have R80000 winnings you can afford a ticket to the UK and set yourself up. I did it 10 plus years ago and haven't looked back.

Hi Catsmug - can you provide more detail on how you go about this? Transferring cash in and out of your account? Etc

Thanks

More
1 week 2 days ago #12 by Sleuth01
Replied by Sleuth01 on topic WSB confiscating funds

Brent Graham wrote: Murfin, it sounds as if your friend is handling with them directly which is the 1st step and if he is not happy with the outcome then he can take it to the Gambling Board.

At the end of the day if he is in the right I am sure he will get paid and don't think there is anything anyone can advise that will change things.

Good luck with the gambling board, I sent those clowns an email 2-3 years ago, still waiting for even a simple acknowledgement... it's no wonder the WSB lot act with such impugnity.

I would get a lawyer involved and lay a charge of theft.

Everything is going to be OK ;)

More
1 week 1 day ago #13 by Brazil
Replied by Brazil on topic WSB confiscating funds

Sleuth01 wrote:

Brent Graham wrote: Murfin, it sounds as if your friend is handling with them directly which is the 1st step and if he is not happy with the outcome then he can take it to the Gambling Board.

Good luck with the gambling board, I sent those clowns an email 2-3 years ago, still waiting for even a simple acknowledgement... it's no wonder the WSB lot act with such impugnity.

I would get a lawyer involved and lay a charge of theft.

WSB and Sportingbet,a coin toss for worst bookie.Go google "Darren Ward" took Sportingbet to court after 5m payout dispute (yes you can take them to court)

More
1 week 1 day ago #14 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic WSB confiscating funds
As someone who recently opened a WSB account this thread worries me slightly. There seems to be a consensus.

More
1 week 1 day ago #15 by Murfin
Thanks for all the replies gents. Sorry for only replying now.

@Hanrick I saw you lodged a complaint with HelloPeter in 2016 and someone from WSB actually replied. Were they helpful or not (if they were helpful will get my friend to contact them as they left their email there). PS: the fact you calling them snakes probably means they didn't help hehe, but worth asking.

@Sleuth0, darn was hoping the Gauteng Gambling board (GGB) would assist. I saw people with complaints got help from the Gauteng Gambling board (GGB) after chasing them regularly. Did you find that chasing them didn't help? e.g. the Gambling board is a total waste of time and I should go straight to a lawyer?

Has anyone had success at the GGB?

@Catsmug, my friend goes to his friends houses sometimes and bets there. e.g. have a few beers and place some bets (so would be same IP address in that case but they have been very vague e.g. just said linked account).

With the other bookies he has used he had no issues with that. Not sure why WSB has issues with it, as that is recreational betting which they so strongly state in their T&C's and you would think the more betting after a few beers the better for them.

At the end of the day all bets were accepted by WSB so they were at correct odds (not taking advantage of errors). He won fair and square and now they want to void all the bets / confiscate his balance he fairly won.

@MrMeeseek86 - WSB have a nice first deposit bonus, are fast to come out with some markets and their live in play isn't too bad (my experience anyway). There are lots of issues with them though mainly you get limited badly if you win and have to keep performing security checks every time you want to withdraw. Before they closed my account after 7 years (majority of that was limited to R500 so didn't use them that often), I kept complaining each time they did security checks, saying you have already done security checks (why would all those pass and now all of a sudden it will fail). e.g. if you going to do a security check do it properly the first time instead of trying to delay people from withdrawing and continuously doing the same security checks.

@bookiebasher - 100% agree with your comment. The only reason my friend was targeted is because he had a good sized balance. All too easy just to say we taking your R80 000. If he had lost R80 000 there is no way they would have voided all his bets.

Jesus Saves