Rugby Champs Wk 2, Currie Cup R2, Mitre10 R2 + other rugby

More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
A decent punting weekend for me, perhaps because I couldn't watch much so didn't get too greedy.

Loads of rugby this week including the Top 14 swinging into action and of course Rugby Champs week 2, Currie Cup wk 2 and Mitre 10 wk 2

The handicaps for the Rugby Champs games are out

New Zealand -22.5 v Aus
Argentina +6.5 v SA

Currie Cup fixtures and my handicap projections - note I have very little knowledge of the teams at this point so expect to be well out on some games

Lions -15.5 v Griquas
Sharks -6.5 v Bulls
WP -9.5 v Free State (if FS not playing PRO 14 players this will likely be in the 20's.

Look forward to your thoughts

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by hanrick
Have filled my boots on the Boks -5.5. Expecting a much better showing from the Boks and the goalkicking will also be better. Boks (luckily for me) left a lot of points out there at Kings Park.

I see Rassie says there will be 4 or 5 changes. They backrow is just too unbalanced at the moment and a bit light for my liking. It won't be a popular move with the public, but Whitely need to be dropped to sort out the balance. It's either him or Kolisi, but Kolisi is captain so he will get picked. I would go 6 Van Staden, 7 Kolisi, 8 Louw.

Also reckon they should be able to sort out the lineout gremlins this week. Boks should dominate up front again. For me of all the major test playing teams the Pumas scrum is the weakest.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by bradie82
Mitre Cup 10 caps are out:

Counties Manukau -1.5 v BoP
Otago -9.5 v Hawkes Bay
Taranaki -10.5 v Manawatu
Canterbury -2.5 v Wellington
Waikato +5.5 v North Harbour
Tasman -30.5 v Southland
Northland +5.5 v Auckland

First thought would go on Northland H and Wellington H but will sit on it before making any move

French Top 14 caps:

Perpignan -2.5 v Stade Francais
Bordeaux -8.5 v Pau
Clermont -20.5 v Agen
La Rochelle -19.5 v Grenoble
Lyon -5.5 v Toulouse
Toulon -7.5 v Racing Metro
Montpellier -12.5 v Castres

More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by hanrick
Two random pieces of info after this weekend's games.

All Mitre10 Cup games went unders on total points. The nost points being 50 in the Wellington vs Otago game.

In both Rugby Championship games and both Currie Cup games the 2nd half was the higher scoring half.

The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Ruan Fourie, Stoossy, MrMeeseeks86

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #5 by bradie82
Hi Guys
Will try to give a short preview on the top14

Agen : they lost couple of key players such as Nakosi , Joly, Fouyssac, Erbani or Tisley and the recruitment has been light once again. This is the same story for Agen years after years where they see all their best players leaving for bigger team and this year will be very complicated. I reckon the Challenge Cup will clearly not be a priority (the money in top14 is key for a team like Agen to survive) and that it will be a fight between them, Perpignan and Grenoble for the relegation spot as the other teams have massive squads (quality and quantity).
Predictions : 12-14

Bordeaux : Every year at the beginning of the season, everybody thinks that Bordeaux will be fighting for a top 6 spot (to be qualified for the Champions Cup) and every tear it is the same disappointment. This year is not different and the recruitment is going into that direction : Tamanivalu, Radradra, James, Seutoni, + few players for the rotation and the Challenge Cup – Lost 2/3 key players such as Goujon, Taofifenua or Hickey but on paper, that team has the potential to go far but hard to predict once again especially with Rory Teague as a coach.
Prediction : 8-10

Castres : The champion is playing on the stability of its squad this season – no major movement except for the massive loss of Taumoepeau (their beat player last season) and the arrival of Scott Spedding. Once again Castres will focus only on the Top14, play 1 or 2 Champions Cup games at their max and then let it go – this is the same every year!! But with other teams looking stronger this season, despite winning most of their home games, I reckon Castres will not qualify for the play-off.
Predictions : 7-9

Clermont : What a disaster last season!! No one could have expect Clermont to be out of the top 6 but to be honest, that team has been hit badly with injuries (lost 4 fly halves in few months + all their backline). This year the recruitment number 1 is all those injured players that will be back : Lopez, Raka, Fofana, …. And on top of that, 3 extra players (Tim Nanai-Williams, George Moala and Apisai Naqalevu) for a backline that will be outrageous - add Fofana, Raka, Abendanon, Betham, Grosso, Lamerat, Penaud, Toeava, Tuicuvu and you have the strongest backline in quality and quantity of the top14. The fact that they won’t have the Champions Cup to play means that despite loads of players that will be away with the French squad for November test series and the 6 Nations, if the squad is not hit again by massive injuries (up to 15/20 players injured at the same time last year), you have my favourite for the regular season.
Predictions : 1-2

Grenoble : one of the two promoted team from last season, getting their ticket in a play-off game v Oyonnax. It is hard to predict for the team promoted but they often struggle to survive the first season. Recruitment is a mix of young players from the Pro D2 and some “experienced” ones such as Raymond Rhule, JC Janse van Rensburg, Ben Lucas or Gaetan Germain (precious as a kicker). This will be a complicated season but if they managed to survive, next season would be better.
Predictions : 12-14

La Rochelle : like Clermont, there were more expectations on La Rochelle last season and this is mainly due to 2 factors I reckon : first they were not a surprise anymore, secondly there has been loads of internal issues (Garbajosa sleeping with Brock James wife) which ended up in Fabrice Collazo resigning. Few signing with Jono Gibbes coming as head coach, Ihaia West will replace Brock James, and on top of that players like Timani or Andreu (not sure how is Timani after his night out with the Mafi brothers). No major loss apart from Collazo but it will hard to predict how the team will be playing this season with a new coach. Still few players injured for the game but will get more info on that later this week.
Predictions : 6-8

Lyon : the surprise last season with a semi final and a qualification for the Champions Cup. Pierre Mignoni the coach is doing a fantastic job since he took over. And I reckon this season Lyon will finish again in the top6. Recruitment has been very good with Charlie Ngatai, Nakaitaci, Doussain, Wisniewski or Goujon but also Fearns who has been injured most of the season and will be back by the end of September : no massive changes but a quality recruitment. Only question mark is how Lyon will handle both Top 14 and Champions Cup as this will be something new to them.
Predictions : 5-7

Montpellier : The favourite last season but ended up losing in final against Castres. This year Vern Cotter decided to stick with his actual squad and add only one key players with Goosen and few extra players for the rotation with Le Devedec, Chilachava and Tomas. Not sure why they let Tomane and Mogg go but guessing for a salary cap reason and have Goosen instead of them. Last year Montpellier managed to get almost a bonus try in every single home game they played, and I reckon this season should not be different. However, there are quite loads of players injured (13 so far) and 7 are already out for this week end game : Picamoles, Camara, Ouedarogo, Paillaugue, Brennan, Nadolo and Serfontein -: quite important players. A candidate for the regular season top spot and the grand final win
Predictions : 1-3

Pau : Pau had a good season last year but did not manage to qualify for the top6 and lost in semi-final in the Challenge Cup. To be honest I am not sure they would do as good this season. Recruitment has been light apart from Mogg, and the loss of player such as Pierre, Smith, Tomas. Pau will play the Challenge Cup at 100% but reckon they will not qualify for the top14 play-offs.
Predictions : 9-11

Perpignan : the second promoted team in top 14 and the Catalan have been waiting for that for a while. As I stated earlier, the move from ProD2 to Top14 is always challenging as reckon Perpignan will struggle at the beginning as the gap between the 2 divisions is huge. The recruitment has been very interesting with players such as Jackson (who has lot to demonstrate), Mjekevu (injured unfortunately), Taumoepeau but quite light to survive in the Top14. It will be hard to win there but I cannot see them winning a single game away. The Challenge cup will be for young players to show their quality but definitely not a priority.
Predictions : 11-13

Racing Metro : Another pretender to the regular season top spot and the grand final win. The squad lost quite loads of players this season (Albacete, Nyanga, Carter, Vuli-Vuli,….) and the recruitment has been orientated on the quality rather than the quality (Russel, Bird, Zebo, Joseph) and I reckon the Racing will want to focus on young lads from the academy rather than paying loads for experienced players as they have quite loads. The only problem for the Racing could be the number of international players that could potentially be away for the test series and the 6 nations but that squad with that experience is definitely a favourite.
Predictions : 2-4

Stade Francais : Last year Stade Francais got almost relegated despite a decent squad and this year, the German Billionaire Owner decided to spend some cash on strong players such as Herrera, Fickou, Maestri, Sanchez, Gray + few youngster such as Hamdaoui but also on a coach with Heyneke Meyer joining as head coach and Paul O’connell as assistant coach. This could be the surprise of the season if the squad is not impacted by injuries with the focus on the Top 14 and have the academy players in the Challenge Cup. I reckon the team could be good for over with that squad.
Predictions : 6-8

Toulon : Every year Toulon is a pretender to the title and this year will not be different. The squad is once again extremely strong and despite the loss of players such as Fernandez Lobbe, Vermuelen, Radradra, Habana, Nonu, the recruitment of players like Webb, Savea (even if I find him overrated – last 2 years he did not demonstrate much), Messam, the emergence of young players like Carbonel or Nakosi, and the new head coach Patrice Collazo makes me think that even the start of the season is not great ( I expect Toulon to need 1 or 2 months before becoming a machine), the should reach the semi-finals at least.
Predictions : 2-4

Toulouse : After a 2016/17 disastrous season, last year brought back a bit of the backline flow (called jeu de mains jeu de toulousains) that made the Stade Toulousain so famous in the early 2000’s. There is still some improvement to be done but players like Holmes or Kolbe had a huge impact last season and with the return of Dupont (October hopefully), the recruitment of Kaino, the emergence of N’Tamack and probably some other young players who won the U20 world cup, Toulouse has a very decent squad to finish in the top 6. Injuries (Baille is already out for almost 6 months) and the Champions Cup (Toulouse does not have enough strong players to play the 2 competitions at 100%) could be problem the team could face this season but I reckon, and based on the friendly game, that it will be entertaining game they will play this season.
Predictions : 5-7

Clermont @ 7 to win the regular season is value for those who like a long term bet.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by bradie82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil, Ruan Fourie, Matador, Pierrebal, Stoossy, Cettas, Brad Breath, Thrasher6

More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by Pierrebal
Thanks Bradie,

That's a very good write-up.

I have taken some Stade @ 20/1 - I was looking for a top 6 bet, but as you said last time the odds with the French bookies (only one I could offering that market) is not that good (due to taxes etc). French bookies have Stade 15/1 and Top 6 2.2 - that's too short to open a new account and wait it out.

I think Stade could be a dark horse and have a deep squad as you mentioned and hope they don't pay too much attention to the Challenge Cup. In addition to their new signings, they also held onto some older regulars which gives them a lot of depth and winning experience.

Follow me on @kilianpierre

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #7 by mackem

hanrick wrote: Have filled my boots on the Boks -5.5. Expecting a much better showing from the Boks and the goalkicking will also be better. Boks (luckily for me) left a lot of points out there at Kings Park.

I see Rassie says there will be 4 or 5 changes. They backrow is just too unbalanced at the moment and a bit light for my liking. It won't be a popular move with the public, but Whitely need to be dropped to sort out the balance. It's either him or Kolisi, but Kolisi is captain so he will get picked. I would go 6 Van Staden, 7 Kolisi, 8 Louw.

Also reckon they should be able to sort out the lineout gremlins this week. Boks should dominate up front again. For me of all the major test playing teams the Pumas scrum is the weakest.

I'm, with you Hanrick, have credited accordingly in the preview ...

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Rugby-Champions...betting-preview.html

Cap generally 6.5 points right now, 5.5 still available at Gbets at time of this post

Boks -5,5 points for 5 of 10 units

twitter: @goodforthegame
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mackem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
5 years 7 months ago #8 by mackem
BetXchange out with Currie Cup caps

Lions -15.5 v Griquas
Sharks -6 v Blue Bulls
Province -13.5 v Cheetahs

I'm waiting for teams this week but anything appeal anyone? let us have it

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #9 by Cettas

mackem wrote: BetXchange out with Currie Cup caps

Lions -15.5 v Griquas
Sharks -6 v Blue Bulls
Province -13.5 v Cheetahs

I'm waiting for teams this week but anything appeal anyone? let us have it

Lions

15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Sylvian Mahuza, 13 Jan-Louis la Grange, 12 Manny Rass, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronje (captain), 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Len Massyn, 6 James Venter, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Rhyno Herbst, 3 Johannes Jonker, 2 Corne Fourie, 1 Sti Sithole

Substitutes: 16 HP van Schoor, 17 Jacobie Adriaanse, 18 PJ Steenkamp, 19 Vincent Tshituka, 20 Dillon Smit, 21 Tyrone Green, 22 Wandisile Simelane

www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/CurrieCup/boks-b...-cup-opener-20180821

*Update:
Apparently Griquas are looking for a new head coach - interviews this Saturday.
Shortlisted candidates:
Jonathan Mokuena,
Eugene Eloff,
Brendt jv Rensburg (Hanrick's pick I would assume :) ), and
Pieter Bergh
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Cettas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
5 years 7 months ago #10 by mackem
Thx Cettas, that was instant bru :cheer: hadn't noticed they had named their side.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cettas

More
5 years 7 months ago #11 by bradie82
I m gonna put a bit of money on an odd that I find value:
Australia to score first @ 3
Yes Australia has been horrible in second half but NZ is a slow starter and looking at the stats, in the last 5 game between NZ and Australia, Australia scored first 5 times, and out of the last 10 NZ games (excluding 2 v Australia), the opponent scored first 7 times out of 10- worth a shot I reckon

More
5 years 7 months ago #12 by Bookie Basher
Alternatively you could take the following to bump the odds a tad if you fancy Aus to score first and NZ to win.
New Zealand vs Australia - Team Scoring First Wins Match
3.20 No
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradie82

More
5 years 7 months ago #13 by bradie82

Bookie Basher wrote: Alternatively you could take the following to bump the odds a tad if you fancy Aus to score first and NZ to win.
New Zealand vs Australia - Team Scoring First Wins Match
3.20 No

Nice one Bookie – cheers!
Its even 3.25 on bet365 (will check elsewhere if the odds are not higher)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bookie Basher

More
5 years 7 months ago #14 by mackem
Big thanks to Oracle for his Round 2 Rugby Championship plays ...

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Oracle/oracle-r...round-2-preview.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oracle

More
5 years 7 months ago #15 by mackem
Lions v Griquas Currie Cup Friday preview ...

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2018...betting-preview.html

5 units Lions -13.5 points 9/10 WSB (Sunbet have the line at 19.5)

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #16 by bradie82
Bordeaux v Pau
13 players are already out for UBB (Poirot Delboubes Pélissié Ravai Ratuva Tauleigne Lesgourgues Jalibert Tamanivalu Dubié Rey Domvo Cros) and Radradra just arrived Monday so don’t think he will be playing. It means the Bordeaux squad is light especially at fly half with Jalibert getting injured last week end in Durban and out for the most of the season which means only Broke James available as experienced fly half.

Therefore, I m taking Pau +9 @1.91 (low stake at this is the first game of the season)

Will prepare an early preview for each game later on
The following user(s) said Thank You: RuggaBugga

More
5 years 7 months ago #17 by bradie82
First thoughts on the top14 games this week end – just one thing – all players involved in the Summer tour in NZ should be unavailable but seeking final confirmation.

Perpignan -2.5 v Stade Francais:
First game at home for Perpignan and the game is already sold out. As I stated in my top 14 preview, I reckon it will be hard to win at Aime Giral this season and Stade Francais has not been great away with only 1 win last season and I don’t think this season will be different. Maestri, Plisson and Fickou won’t be able to play this game as they were in NZ, Sanchez has not yet arrived so therefore home advantage for Perpignan and waiting on total points as I expect an open game.

Clermont -20.5 v Agen:
Fofana, Grosso, Lamerat, Lapandry, Parra and Slimani will not be available as all involved in the summer tour in NZ (as per all other players involved) but that should not be a problem for Clermont who has enough players to cover those absence. After last season, Clermont has a lot to prove and a home game versus Agen is the perfect spot to seek forgiveness. I will wait for tries and points Clermont before making any move but this should be a high scoring game.

La Rochelle -19.5 v Grenoble:
Atonio, Bourgarit, Doumayrou, Gourdon and Priso are all unavailable being involved in the summer tour. There is still enough players to present a decent starting line but the team is without a head coach (Gibbes will only arrive in November and the pre season games were not as good as expected). This is a high handicap and if I had to make a move right now, I would go with the cap + Grenoble.

Lyon -5.5 v Toulouse:
Lambey, Fearns, Ivaldi and probably Beauxis will be out for this game while Baille and Medard are unavailable for Toulouse. This is a tricky game and without final squads, impossible to make a move even with the home advantage for Lyon.

Toulon -7.5 v Racing Metro:
Another tricky game with few players out for both teams : Bastareaud, Belleau, Trinh Duc and Bonneval for Toulon and Ben Arous, Chat, Gomes Sa, Le Roux and Thomas for Racing Metro will be unavailable due to the summer tour. As I said on Monday, I think it will take time for Toulon to be ready and if Belleau and Trinh Duc are both out this week end, then the handicap for Racing is good to take I reckon and that would be my early move

Montpellier -12.5 v Castres:
This is the remake of last year final that Castres won. 7 players injured for Montpellier (Picamoles, Camara, Ouedarogo, Paillaugue, Brennan, Nadolo and Serfontein) and Fall and Galletier not available due to their summer tour with France – that’s quite a lot! Castres should have Caballero out as he is injured while Babillot was in NZ this summer. Kockott got a red card this week end in a friendly game v Sale and should know tonight if he is suspended or not. Castres cap and over would be my move on this game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, kt6747, Stoossy, Thrasher6

More
5 years 7 months ago #18 by takethegap
Backing Hawkes Bay for the win at 3.35-1 at bet.co.za. most places its 2.5-1. they won last three at Otago and after 1st round this is big value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, Thrasher6, WillowWarrior

More
5 years 7 months ago #19 by hanrick
With NZ and AUS teams announced and having mulled on this game the whole week, I am happy to take Australia +24.5 at 9/10 and Australia ht +12.5 at 5/6.

Last week there was a lot of expectation on Australia. This week there is no expectation and every one expects them to get thumped. I'm expecting a bit of a response from them. I have always liked Cheika and rate him highly as a coach. I love his aggression and he is ultra competitive. There might also be a bit of complacency from NZ.

I've never been a Jordie Barrett fan, but the change that really made up my mind is Laumape at 12. He is a basher and apparently doesn't communicate well on defence. I would have picked ALB. He is a very clever player and more of a playmaker. I know he is more of a centre, but he did very well at 2nd five eight last week.

Not as confident on this one as I am on the Boks minus, but feel Australia plus is the right way to go and worth a bet.

Both Rugby Championship games have what I label as overs refs so I will be looking at overs on Boks points and overs on Australia points.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #20 by bradie82
Counties Manukau v BoP

Over 2.5 tries HT @ 1.72

Despite the low scoring in all games and not a game over 50 points last week end, I can't believe this will be the trend this season - meetings between those 2 teams have always ended up in high scoring - my only fear is the love for penalty that BoP demonstrated last week end instead of going for bonus point try.

More
5 years 7 months ago #21 by hanrick
On the Currie Cup I managed to get some -15.5 Lions at 9/10. Just a medium bet for me, as I am unsure of their coach, Ivan van Rooyen. He has been their strenght and conditioning coach for the past 9 years and this is his first head coach job. The team the Lions picked looks good and I was not impressed by Griquas last week. Griquas coach has also been fired, but he is still in his job until the end of CC so not much motivation for him.

Staying out of the handicaps for the other 2 games. I am on the Sharks longterm so hope they win against the Bulls. Newslands game will be a very wet game. If the quote for total points is high enough I will take unders.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
5 years 7 months ago #22 by Quill

bradie82 wrote: Counties Manukau v BoP

Over 2.5 tries HT @ 1.72

Despite the low scoring in all games and not a game over 50 points last week end, I can't believe this will be the trend this season - meetings between those 2 teams have always ended up in high scoring - my only fear is the love for penalty that BoP demonstrated last week end instead of going for bonus point try.

I had a look at a few weather websites and there has been rain and it will rain on and off for the rest of the evening.
Based on this I took Under 53.5 @1.80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cettas, bradie82

More
5 years 7 months ago #23 by Cettas
Anyone with an update on the weather for the Mitre10 game today?

Seems it has been raining all week

www.mitre10cup.co.nz/News/32902/preview-...ukau-v-bay-of-plenty

More
5 years 7 months ago #24 by bradie82

Quill wrote:

Over 2.5 tries HT @ 1.72

I had a look at a few weather websites and there has been rain and it will rain on and off for the rest of the evening.

Thanks Quill
I did check as well as indeed it rained a bit this morning but it seems to have been dry since 9 am NZ time and to stay like this till 10/11 PM.
Once the live is on, in case of rain, I will cash out or not my bet (bet365 offering full cashout if odd are not moving now)

More
5 years 7 months ago #25 by Quill

bradie82 wrote:

Quill wrote:

Over 2.5 tries HT @ 1.72

Thanks Quill
I did check as well as indeed it rained a bit this morning but it seems to have been dry since 9 am NZ time and to stay like this till 10/11 PM.
Once the live is on, in case of rain, I will cash out or not my bet (bet365 offering full cashout if odd are not moving now)

Please put a note here once you've found out about the conditions.
I'm out on the streets and won't be able to watch the game.

More
5 years 7 months ago #26 by bradie82
@ Quill
Weather is dry and ground is humid - no wind no rain so far but showers could be expected
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
5 years 7 months ago #27 by mackem
New Zealand v Australia Rugby Champs preview ..

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Rugby-Champions...betting-preview.html

Short of inspiration for this one

2 units, Home win 21-30 points inclusive, 28/10 WSB .

More
5 years 7 months ago #28 by mackem
Many thanks to Oracle for his video previews of Currie Cup Week 2

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Oracle/oracle-r...round-2-preview.html

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #29 by Brad Breath

hanrick wrote: With NZ and AUS teams announced and having mulled on this game the whole week, I am happy to take Australia +24.5 at 9/10 and Australia ht +12.5 at 5/6.

Last week there was a lot of expectation on Australia. This week there is no expectation and every one expects them to get thumped. I'm expecting a bit of a response from them. I have always liked Cheika and rate him highly as a coach. I love his aggression and he is ultra competitive. There might also be a bit of complacency from NZ.

I've never been a Jordie Barrett fan, but the change that really made up my mind is Laumape at 12. He is a basher and apparently doesn't communicate well on defence. I would have picked ALB. He is a very clever player and more of a playmaker. I know he is more of a centre, but he did very well at 2nd five eight last week.

Not as confident on this one as I am on the Boks minus, but feel Australia plus is the right way to go and worth a bet.

Both Rugby Championship games have what I label as overs refs so I will be looking at overs on Boks points and overs on Australia points.

I'm with you 100% on the Aussie plus, though the best I could get was +23.5

Largely on the back of the fact both Sio and Alaalatoa return the the front row.
As such I'd expect them to perform much better at the set piece. (They could hardly get any worse than last week).
Agree ALB deserves to start, but he covers both 12 and 13 so well, can understand why Hanson has him on the bench.

Undecided on Bok game at this point.

Other bet this week is a small play on Manawatu to take the log o wood off Taranaki
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Brad Breath. Reason: Spelling mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
5 years 7 months ago #30 by bradie82
Montauban vs Biarritz tonight
I can see both team going for the post and with Bosviel and Lucu, two decent kickers, there is a bet I am gonna take

More penalties scored than tries @ 2.50
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Quill, Thrasher6

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #31 by mackem
Sharks v Blue Bulls Currie Cup preview

Sharks -5.5 points at 9/10 WSB, GBets for 3.5 units

Sorry for ealier typo when I put Bulls as minus, Sharks -5.5 is the pick

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mackem.

More
5 years 7 months ago #32 by Cettas
Cheetahs making a few changes, trying some more combinations before Pro14 start:

15. Malcolm Jaer, 14. Rabz Maxwane, 13. Dries Swanepoel, 12. Nico Lee, 11. William Small-Smith, 10. Louis Fouche, 9. Tian Meyer, 8. Aidon Davis, 7. Oupa Mohoje (C), 6. Jasper Wiese, 5. Dennis Visser, 4. Justin Basson, 3. Güther Janse van Vuuren, 2. Joseph Dweba, 1. Ox Nche, 16. Jacques du Toit, 17. Erich de Jager, 18. Luan de Bruin, 19. Stephan Malan, 20. Junior Pokomela, 21. Shaun Venter, 22. Ernst Stapelberg

www.fscheetahs.co.za/News.aspx?newsid=56...rovince-in-Cape-Town

More
5 years 7 months ago #33 by Cettas

mackem wrote: Sharks v Blue Bulls Currie Cup preview

Sharks -5.5 points at 9/10 WSB, GBets for 3.5 units

Sorry for ealier typo when I put Bulls as minus, Sharks -5.5 is the pick

Bulls team:
The Vodacom Blue Bulls vs Cell C Sharks team is:

1. Matthys Basson
2. Jaco Visagie
3. Conrad van Vuuren
4. Hendre Stassen
5. Ruan Nortje
6. Ruan Steenkamp
7. Thembelani Bholi
8. Hanro Liebenberg

9. Andre Warner
10. Manie Libbok
11. Jamba Ulengo
12. Johnny Kotze
13. Jessie Kriel
14. Jade Stighling
15. Divan Rossouw

16. Edgar Marutlulle
17. Dayan vd Westhuizen
18. Eli Snyman
19. Jano Venter
20. Raegan Oranje
21. Tony Jantjies
22. JT Jackson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
5 years 7 months ago #34 by mackem
Western Province v Cheetahs preview ..

2.5 units, Cheetahs +16.5 points 9/10 widely available

The following user(s) said Thank You: WillowWarrior

More
5 years 7 months ago #35 by hanrick
Hawkes Bay +9.5 at 9/10 and Hawkes Bay over 22.5 points at 0.89/1

More
5 years 7 months ago #36 by hanrick

hanrick wrote: Hawkes Bay +9.5 at 9/10 and Hawkes Bay over 22.5 points at 0.89/1

Yes please Magpies! Should have taken some of the 3.1/1 on them to win, but happy with both the bets above coming in

More
5 years 7 months ago #37 by hanrick
Oh and unders keeps coming in in the Mitre10 Cup. Every game so far has gone unders on total points.

More
5 years 7 months ago #38 by takethegap

takethegap wrote: Backing Hawkes Bay for the win at 3.35-1 at bet.co.za. most places its 2.5-1. they won last three at Otago and after 1st round this is big value.

Winner! Hope some of your got on. I went big on this one.

More
5 years 7 months ago #39 by Cettas

takethegap wrote: Backing Hawkes Bay for the win at 3.35-1 at bet.co.za. most places its 2.5-1. they won last three at Otago and after 1st round this is big value.

Nice call!

More
5 years 7 months ago #40 by Thrasher6
Didn't have the balls to do them outright...but had a decent beat on the handicap...a very good call sir..

More
5 years 7 months ago #41 by landrews77
Hi All,

What a match we gonna watch tomorrow morning. Mecham is spot on with his selection of AB's 21-30 points win. That will be good value.The team selection for the second test is a very strong one, similar to the team 2017 against the British and Irish lions on Eden Park.If one compare the current Australian side and the British and Irish lions ,for sure ,the Lions is way in front, and what has happened? We know the history. The -23,5 handicapped is the way to go.
Kieran Read , any time scorer.

Boks and Pumas , Boks are strugglers in Mendosa. The to go is for the Pumas on the best Plus.Boks has played twice in mendosa, draw one and win one with 4 points.This boks team is not the greatest and the fans using lazer lights in the eyes of the kickers. Pumas on the Plus.

More
5 years 7 months ago #42 by bradie82
Cuts are very high for the Lions game but with Oracle expecting 10 tries for the Lions and the backline aligned, i m going with

Lions over 46 @ 2.10
Lions over 6.5 tries @1.83

Have not decided yet but the over 3.5 tries Wellington tomorrow@ 2.05 seems like a good bet

More
5 years 7 months ago #43 by hanrick
Australia over 13.5 points my biggest bet of the weekend. FIRE!!!!!!!!

More
5 years 7 months ago #44 by harry_rag
Had a good look at the tryscorer markets for the New Zealand/Australia game and found four anytime prices that I like.

Naholo at 10/11, Laumape at 2/1, B Barrett at 2/1 and Beale at 11/2

All with Fred except Beale with Lads using priceboost (5/1 still ok).

Less International form to go on for Laumape but happy it's a reasonable price (odds on in places). The other 3 look decent based on relevant stats, e.g. tries scored in last 10 and 20 starts and v tomorrow's opponents.

2 required for profit, 1 returns most of the outlay.

More
5 years 7 months ago #45 by southpaw

hanrick wrote: Australia over 13.5 points my biggest bet of the weekend. FIRE!!!!!!!!

Nice Hanrick, funny enough this jumped out at me too when glancing Sunbet this am, was 15/20 but didn’t get on as was rushing. Seen it’s still there. Is there any better price around?

More
5 years 7 months ago #46 by The Vann
If Puma's could beat them by 23 points looks like a good time for my monthly rugby punt
Lions to win by 30+ @ 22/10
( and no harm in a beer on 36-40 @ 10/1 just to keep the adrenaline levels high to the end )

More
5 years 7 months ago #47 by hanrick

southpaw wrote:

hanrick wrote: Australia over 13.5 points my biggest bet of the weekend. FIRE!!!!!!!!

Nice Hanrick, funny enough this jumped out at me too when glancing Sunbet this am, was 15/20 but didn’t get on as was rushing. Seen it’s still there. Is there any better price around?

I took the bet at Sunbet and odds were 15/20 as you say. Not something I like doing, but I linked it with Lions to beat Griquas at 1.09/1 to get 9/10 on the bet. Really can't see the Lions losing and that 1.09/1 is actually quite big.

More
5 years 7 months ago #48 by coil

hanrick wrote:

southpaw wrote:

I took the bet at Sunbet and odds were 15/20 as you say. Not something I like doing, but I linked it with Lions to beat Griquas at 1.09/1 to get 9/10 on the bet. Really can't see the Lions losing and that 1.09/1 is actually quite big.

Yip also like this bet , will be following .

More
5 years 7 months ago #49 by southpaw
Like it. I’m joining, it did jump out to me and your added confidence bodes well after our double like of the Mako last week!

Aus over 13.5
Liverpool win

Double @ evens

More
5 years 7 months ago #50 by Couch Critic
Lions v Griekwas

I'm big on the first scoring play being a Lions try. Also adding:
Anytime tryscorer - Ross @17/10
First tryscorer - Dayimani @20/1
Last tryscorer - Simelane @14/1

Twitter: @HDiemont