Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
Another massive week of rugby ahead

I had a decent weekend in the end with money back on the Aussie -5.5 with GGGaming and what looked an unlikely u48.5 pts win in the same game

I am sure the Rugby Champs handicaps are out but I have not seen them so will post mine before checking

New Zealand -20.5 v SA
Aus -10.5 v Argentina

The Currie Cup rolls on and Gary did say that GGGaming would be out on Monday afternoon so it may pay to keep their site open in your browser - here are my projected caps

Bulls -16.5 v Pumas
Lions -5.5 v WP
Griquas -9.5 v Free State

The PRO14 also continues this weekend

Look forward to your thoughts

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy, Brad Breath

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by hanrick
GG Gaming out with the CC betting. Taking Griquas - 10 at 9/10. Cap should be at least 15.5. Was hoping for a plus on WP and Bulls handicap looks well set.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
Sunbet has NZ at -22.5 which I took a good amount of. Still trying to figure out my other picks.

More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by Cettas
Early Top14 call not always advised with teams being released quite late but will nibble on Clermont (away v Pau) & Stade Francais (home v Toulon) both to win - double @ 2.59.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
Ended also taking Argentina at +10.5 @1.90 - Almost tempted to take them on the board. I feel like they are favourites to win it. Much better performances in this tourney from them as opposed to Aus.

More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by Chickendinner
Replied by Chickendinner on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
I agree with you Mr Meeseeks. I took Argentina on the board and also on the plus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
5 years 7 months ago #7 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
Pro 14 caps out as follows:

Edinburgh -7 v Connacht
Munster -10 v Ospreys
Leinster -30 v Dragons
Scarlets -19 v Benetton
Cheetahs +7 v Glasgow
Zebre +6 v Cardiff Blues
Kings +13 v Ulster

Have taken a speculative acca on the four I most fancy:
Edinburgh -7, Leinster -30, Benetton +19 & Cardiff -6 @ 13

Will await lineups before any single plays, but at this point I fancy Edinburgh and Leinster to cover with ease

More
5 years 7 months ago #8 by hanrick
All over Glasgow -6.5 at 9/10. I remember backing Glasgow to win in Bloemfontein last season. Was a choice game and up until then the Cheetahs were unbeaten in Bloem. Glasgow won by 3 points. This year the Cheetahs are much weaker.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Stoossy

More
5 years 7 months ago #9 by hanrick

hanrick wrote: All over Glasgow -6.5 at 9/10. I remember backing Glasgow to win in Bloemfontein last season. Was a choice game and up until then the Cheetahs were unbeaten in Bloem. Glasgow won by 3 points. This year the Cheetahs are much weaker.

Also taking Glasgow to win by 14+ at 5/2

More
5 years 7 months ago #10 by Pierrebal
Mitre10 tomorrow, North Harbour +9.5 v Canterbury.

Both sides have games on the weekend, Canterbury play Auckland, and NH plays Bay of Plenty.

Only Canterbury has team news out and they have made 6 changes and have 3 debutants on the bench.

It will be interesting to see what NH does, surely the game against BOP has to be their target but they in last position and need to get moving to avoid relegation (although they have a game in hand).

NH is very one dimensional with Gatland, don't score many points (average 23) and Canterbury's defence is always decent (concede average 21). My preference would be unders in this one, for me the line should be around 50 points. Anything above, I'm going under.

Follow me on @kilianpierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
5 years 7 months ago #11 by Cettas

Pierrebal wrote: Mitre10 tomorrow, North Harbour +9.5 v Canterbury.

Both sides have games on the weekend, Canterbury play Auckland, and NH plays Bay of Plenty.

Only Canterbury has team news out and they have made 6 changes and have 3 debutants on the bench.

It will be interesting to see what NH does, surely the game against BOP has to be their target but they in last position and need to get moving to avoid relegation (although they have a game in hand).

NH is very one dimensional with Gatland, don't score many points (average 23) and Canterbury's defence is always decent (concede average 21). My preference would be unders in this one, for me the line should be around 50 points. Anything above, I'm going under.

NH Team:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pierrebal

More
5 years 7 months ago #12 by Pierrebal
Thanks Cettas,

Only two changes to the starting line-up that played Wellington on Sunday. NH have signalled their intentions and they want the win - I'm thinking a tight game, and with Gatland there again unders remain in play.

More
5 years 7 months ago #13 by hanrick
That's a solid North Harbour team, guys. I have fired into Harbour +10.5 at 9/10.

More
5 years 7 months ago #14 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other

hanrick wrote: That's a solid North Harbour team, guys. I have fired into Harbour +10.5 at 9/10.

I too like that team and have taken the same bet.

Also a small play NH on the board at 4.0

More
5 years 7 months ago #15 by NicG
Hi guys. I've AGAIN gone with 2nd half the highest scoring half @ 0.83 on WSB for NZ vs SA game. Think I'll continue riding the NZ 2nd half wave this year until it stops ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
5 years 7 months ago #16 by bradie82

Cettas wrote: Early Top14 call not always advised with teams being released quite late but will nibble on Clermont (away v Pau) & Stade Francais (home v Toulon) both to win - double @ 2.59.

Totally with you on Clermont Cettas and was about to post about that game
Forecast should be very nice this week in Pau and after watching 2 games so far of those 2 teams, there is a gap between them
Clermont is a machine : powerful, clinical, and the way they play is just amazing while Pau has been playing a less than average rugby but luckily, Toulon and Grenoble were even poorer than them!
Not sure what squad will go to Pau as I think the next game is against Toulon at home but as I explained earlier in August, the depth of the team with almost 2 squads able to win the title and no Champions Cup to play means that they could win almost all games this season
At this odd, i m not waiting for the squads to be available on Fridat late afternoon

Clermont @ 1.72 is my call
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cettas

More
5 years 7 months ago #17 by Thrasher6

Brad Breath wrote: Pro 14 caps out as follows:

Edinburgh -7 v Connacht
Munster -10 v Ospreys
Leinster -30 v Dragons
Scarlets -19 v Benetton
Cheetahs +7 v Glasgow
Zebre +6 v Cardiff Blues
Kings +13 v Ulster

Have taken a speculative acca on the four I most fancy:
Edinburgh -7, Leinster -30, Benetton +19 & Cardiff -6 @ 13

Will await lineups before any single plays, but at this point I fancy Edinburgh and Leinster to cover with ease

Agree with the Edinburgh -7....I think they will cover....two tough away matches...but very respectable tight game losses. Expect them to dominate at home...they are a cause celeb for me this season....hopefully wont let us down

More
5 years 7 months ago #18 by Thrasher6
Ulster...interesting to garner some thoughts on these. I know its early...but beat Scarlets and Edinburgh. Will investigate further. After last seasons off field troubles...have they steadied the ship? As we know they can be a force..esp in Belfast. Anyway...

More
5 years 7 months ago #19 by Pierrebal
NH - Canterbury - WSB did not have pre-match points lines but with kick-off I took under 54.5 @ 8/10 - Let's hope for a boring one!

More
5 years 7 months ago #20 by Pierrebal
Ended on 52 points, Canterbury made me sweat but with a typical Gatland it came home.

More
5 years 7 months ago #21 by hanrick

Pierrebal wrote: Ended on 52 points, Canterbury made me sweat but with a typical Gatland it came home.

Well played Pierrebal! Unders a cash cow so far in Mitre10 Cup this year. Of the 31 games, 23 have gone unders on total points.

The +10.5 Harbour sneakes in, but really feel for the guys who had lower plusses on Harbour. Early two tries by Canterbury cost them.

More
5 years 7 months ago #22 by Brad Breath
Usually stay away from big caps, but I've made an exception here and had a massive go at Leinster -25 with William Hill.
(Line is -27 or -30 with other books)

For me the Dragons have started this year exactly how they finished last year - very average. Given their squad additions, this is concerning.

Yes they had a win at home last week over the Kings, but they were out scored 4 tries to 3.

Henson is out with knee problem and this week they've lost centre Tyler Morgan who has done his hamstring.
2 of their first choice props Leon Brown and Ryan Bevington haven't trained this week because of shoulder injuries, but they are expected to be available.

Meanwhile Irish Internationals Johnny Sexton, Garry Ringrose, Rob Kearney, James Ryan and Josh van der Flier are all in contention to start for Leinster.

Score in this fixture last year was Leinster 54 Dragons 10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matador

More
5 years 7 months ago #23 by mackem
Blue Bulls v Pumas Currie Cup preview

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2018...betting-preview.html

5 units (1 to 10 scale) Bulls -14.5 points at 9/10

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
5 years 7 months ago #24 by hanrick
Taking Tasman -6.5 at 9/10 after seeing both teams. Expect a better showing from them at home and Taranaki has been dissapointing this year. I can actually see Tasman winning this game by more than double this handicap. Jamie Nutbrown is the ref for this game and he loves his whistle. Always good for an unders play. I will look at unders on Taranaki points when the quotes come out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, NicG

More
5 years 7 months ago #25 by mackem
Many thanks to Oracle for his weekend Rugby Champs previews ...

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Oracle/oracle-r...round-4-preview.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oracle

More
5 years 7 months ago #26 by Pierrebal
Just one bet for me this morning, I'm going against the unders trend and have taken over 7.5 tries 11/10:

Hawkes Bay have scored an average of 29 points per game and has achieved a try bonus point in every game they've played.
Waikato have scored an average of 28 points per game and have let in also 28 points per game.

Hoping for an open one!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cettas, Oracle

More
5 years 7 months ago #27 by mackem
All Blacks v Boks preview

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Rugby-Champions...betting-preview.html

AB's -22.5 for 4 of 10 units

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
5 years 7 months ago #28 by mackem
Wallabies v Los Pumas preview ...

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Rugby-Champions...betting-preview.html

Going with the home win under 12.5 margin, 37/20 Sunbet

More
5 years 7 months ago #29 by Brad Breath
In tomorrow's Pro14 games

Munster have named very strong team and should comfortably beat the Ospreys.
Missed the -10 that was about but got some -15

Quite bullish about Edinburgh v Connacht so have taken some -7

More
5 years 7 months ago #30 by shaft
Currie Cup outrights have been updated and WP @ 9/4 has all my attention. Think they're pretty much a certainty to make the final and they won't be bigger than that. Sure the potential is there that they drift should they lose on the weekend. But if they win they'll drop right down to evens.

Share your thoughts please guys.

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #31 by mackem
Good spot Shaft, I'd given up on the outrights, had been checking since Monday. As you mention it will probably all change drastically after Saturday. I would say I like the 9/4 WP although probably not as bullish as you.

Lions v Western Province preview ..

3.5 units, Either team wins by 7 or Less (incl. Draw)

Not all bookies offer this bet, Sunbet usually do and I think WSB as well but no market just yet. Price should be around 16/10 / 17/10 imo

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by mackem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shaft

More
5 years 7 months ago #32 by mackem
Griquas v Cheetahs Currie Cup preview

5 units Griquas -12.5 points 8/10 Sunbet

More
5 years 7 months ago #33 by mackem
Many thanks to Oracle for his weekend Currie Cup previews

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Oracle/oracle-r...round-5-preview.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Oracle

More
5 years 7 months ago #34 by southpaw
Missed the show last night due to work but have had it on in background this morning and i'm snap on Hanrick and Hein's 2nd half NZ cap call. I've had some good joy with it this year, it fell short by 4pts last week but i really don't like the SA bench, mainly the backline. That's my first bet down for weekend.

NZ -12.5 2nd half cap @ just under 9/10 with Sunbet

More
5 years 7 months ago #35 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: Missed the show last night due to work but have had it on in background this morning and i'm snap on Hanrick and Hein's 2nd half NZ cap call. I've had some good joy with it this year, it fell short by 4pts last week but i really don't like the SA bench, mainly the backline. That's my first bet down for weekend.

NZ -12.5 2nd half cap @ just under 9/10 with Sunbet

I also think SA will be using the rolling maul of lineout as much as possible and got to go with Marx for 1st SA try.

1st away tryscorer Marx @ 8/1

More
5 years 7 months ago #36 by Matador

hanrick wrote: Taking Tasman -6.5 at 9/10 after seeing both teams. Expect a better showing from them at home and Taranaki has been dissapointing this year. I can actually see Tasman winning this game by more than double this handicap. Jamie Nutbrown is the ref for this game and he loves his whistle. Always good for an unders play. I will look at unders on Taranaki points when the quotes come out.

Easy peasy! Nicely done Hanrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
5 years 7 months ago #37 by hanrick
Two very high scoring games in the Mitre10 Cup this morning and certainly smashed the norm of unders games so far.

Looking at the remaining 4 Mitre10 Cup games I fancy the two away teams to upset the home teams on Sunday. Auckland to beat Canterbury in Christchurch and Bay of Plenty to beat North Harbour in Albany. Of the two I fancy the Steelers the strongest.

Have taken Auckland +5.5 at 5/6 and 18/10 to win the game and Bay of Plenty +3.5 at 8/10 and 1.45/1 to win the game.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #38 by Thrasher6
Bulls v Pumas: The total points line is 64.5...seems about standard. Any views on it...
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Thrasher6.

More
5 years 7 months ago #39 by bradie82
Gloucester vs Bristol
Will go with an early penalty from Bristol as I reckon they will give it a go as soon as they can

Bristol to score a penalty before 31” @ 1.83

Bulls v Pumas
Over 3.5 tries HT @ 1.61

More
5 years 7 months ago #40 by hanrick
Have fired into the Pumas over 24.5 points at 0.86/1 with Sunbet. Smaller bet over 64.5 points at 0.87/1.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy, Thrasher6

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #41 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
Apart from a small early play on the -handicap my plays for Bulls v Pumas:
First scoring play - Bulls try @ 16/10
Total tries - over 8.5 @ 15/20
Anytime try - Marnus Schoeman @ 3/1
Last try - Sage @ 10/1

Twitter: @HDiemont
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Couch Critic.

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 7 months ago #42 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other

hanrick wrote: Have fired into the Pumas over 24.5 points at 0.86/1 with Sunbet. Smaller bet over 64.5 points at 0.87/1.

Geez you must have been shouting that last try home - well played

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 years 7 months ago #43 by hanrick

Brent Graham wrote:

hanrick wrote: Have fired into the Pumas over 24.5 points at 0.86/1 with Sunbet. Smaller bet over 64.5 points at 0.87/1.

Thanks Brent. Reckon I woke up the whole suburb's kids. Nice when those last minute tries go your way.

More
5 years 7 months ago #44 by southpaw

hanrick wrote:

Brent Graham wrote:

Thanks Brent. Reckon I woke up the whole suburb's kids. Nice when those last minute tries go your way.

A try at the death to land a double punt, is there anything sweeter in betting?!! Nice one Hanrick.

More
5 years 7 months ago #45 by Cettas

bradie82 wrote:

Cettas wrote: Early Top14 call not always advised with teams being released quite late but will nibble on Clermont (away v Pau) & Stade Francais (home v Toulon) both to win - double @ 2.59.

Totally with you on Clermont Cettas and was about to post about that game
Forecast should be very nice this week in Pau and after watching 2 games so far of those 2 teams, there is a gap between them
Clermont is a machine : powerful, clinical, and the way they play is just amazing while Pau has been playing a less than average rugby but luckily, Toulon and Grenoble were even poorer than them!
Not sure what squad will go to Pau as I think the next game is against Toulon at home but as I explained earlier in August, the depth of the team with almost 2 squads able to win the title and no Champions Cup to play means that they could win almost all games this season
At this odd, i m not waiting for the squads to be available on Fridat late afternoon

Clermont @ 1.72 is my call

Clermont team looks decent enough, found some 1.80 and have added that as well.

More
5 years 7 months ago #46 by southpaw
Have been quite selective over first 2 weeks of English Premiership and it’s really been paying off on the punting, so will keep that theme tomorrow -

1 bet, Northampton +10 @ 10/11.

Playing Saracens at home, got smacked by same team last season but I suspect Saints will just get better each week this season with Chris Boyd from Hurricanes in charge. He had no pre season with them and is still getting settled in, but good signs last week against Quins.

The bus Naiyavaroro also makes his debut for Saints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, Cettas

More
5 years 7 months ago #47 by Thrasher6
Can someone please tell me how I have got beat on the handicap with Edinburgh...ffs...I cant stand the Irish teams..

More
5 years 7 months ago #48 by Quill
Counties Manukau vs Wellington
Counties +9.5 @1.90
Counties over 3.5 tries @1.80

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #49 by sunnyskies
Replied by sunnyskies on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
Do you guys have last scoring play on your betting options? I use Unibet, which sometimes they do. In any case Otago are playing Southland in the next Mitre 10 Cup game and the weather forecast is good. In these games where I would expect Otago to win easily I take the last scoring play as an away team unconverted try with cover on the away team converted try. This quite often comes in and pays really good odds.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by sunnyskies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie

More
5 years 7 months ago #50 by Ruan Fourie
Replied by Ruan Fourie on topic Rugby Champs Wk 4, Currie Cup Wk 5, Pro14 + other
That's an interesting one sunnyskies. I see Sunbet offers that market on some games. I'll keep an eye out and see how it goes.