NFL - Week 9

More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by MrMeeseeks86
NFL - Week 9 was created by MrMeeseeks86
Spreads and points from Sunbet. Home teams first. From what I can tell there are no games in London this week.

Thursday Night Football:

49ers (-2.5) v Raiders O/U 45.5

Sunday Night Football:

Ravens (-3) v Steelers O/U 47
Bills v Bears (-9.5) O/U 37.5
Panthers (-6) v Bucs O/U 55
Browns v Chiefs (-8.5) O/U 51
Dolphins (-2.5) v Jets O/U 45.5
Vikings (-5) v Lions O/U 49
Redskins (-2) v Falcons O/U 46.5
Broncos (-1) v Texans O/U 46
Seahawks (-2) v Chargers O/U 47.5
Saints (-2) v Rams O/U

Monday Night Football:

Patriots (-5.5) v Packers O/U 56.5
Cowboys (-6.5) v Titans O/U 41

What I feel are locks:
Chiefs -8.5 - I know I said plus is the safer play last week but Chiefs offense are so deadly and Browns are in all sorts of trouble, literally firing two coaches after the previous game. Pretty sure they win by at least 10.

Broncos +1 - Broncos are 3-5 while Texans are 5-3. Texans are on a 5-game winning streak having lost their first 3. Broncos has only 1 win since week 2. Why do I think Broncos win? Broncos have faced MUCH tougher opponents and came close many times. Of the 5-game winning streak for Texans, 2 were away against the Jaguars and the Colts. Also home game in Denver, apparently around 10 degrees celsius should favour them against a team from Houston.

Dolphins -2.5 - Jets have only won 1 away game in week 1 against the Lions.They lost at the Browns in week 3. Coming off two losses against Vikings and Bears, winning against the Dolphins in Miami seems a bit out of reach. Dolphins by at least a FG.

Redskins -2 - A 5-2 team at home against a 3-4 team only favoured by 2. Will definitely take some of this.

What I feel has value:

Rams +2 (or outright win for the adventurous) - Anytime the Rams are on a plus that is value. I don't think they'll go unbeaten this season and if they are gonna lose, the Saints are a team that could do it. But having an 8-0 team on the plus just seems impossible to resist. And might as well go for them on the board as 2 point loss gets you a push while 3 points are more common.

Titans +6.5 - Both Titans and Cowboys are 3-4, not the best team but might be some value in having a small bet on them. Cowboys have won against the Giants, Lions and Jaguars. Titans have beaten Texans, Eagles and Jaguars and lost last week by only 1 point against the Chargers.

Buccaneers +6 at 2.02 - Might be something in that the QB who looked great first few weeks, Fitzpatrick, is starting again in week 9 after coming on in week 8 as sub and lighting things up. At that price for a plus I definitely think it has value.

My acca for the week:

Bears/Chiefs/Broncos/Patriots/Vikings/Redskins at 10.07

Looking forward to hearing thoughts, cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zambusta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by Snail
Replied by Snail on topic NFL - Week 9
Thanks Meeseeks.

Taking a different approach this week after last weeks beating.

Taking overs points on the Bucs game (wouldn't be surprised if it got to 70 points) and unders on the Titans game.

Following you on the Bucs plus with Fitz starting at QB. I watched the Houston game last week and they were brilliant (both defense & attack) although against a horrible Miami team so opposing you on that one. Think if forced, I'd go the other way on the Skins game too but haven't seen the lineups yet.

Think the Steelers are value at 1.2/1.

Bets:- Titans Cowboys under 41: Bucs Panthers over 55 double @ 2.41/1
- Houston win, Anytime touchdown Funchess (Panthers), Steelers win @ 7.08/1

GL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic NFL - Week 9
Thanks Snail,

Texans are good no doubt, I just feel Broncos are at least as good and have lost a couple of close ones against quality teams. Plus them being at home sways it for me.

Was considering the Steelers too, it's pretty much a coin flip for me so you are right in it having value at that price.

Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snail

More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by RuggaBugga
Replied by RuggaBugga on topic NFL - Week 9
Broncos win
Lions +4.5
Bills +11

Scared money dont make money! BOOM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86, Naidoo

More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic NFL - Week 9
Broncos ML
Dolphins ML
Bears/Chiefs Double

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo