The biggest derby in the Midlands

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #1 by catsmug
The biggest derby in the Midlands was created by catsmug
Dont let the lads who support Wolves West Brom Coventry et al tell you any different. Todays game Brum vs Villa divides a city and the intensity and dislike between the supporters of the two clubs is unparalleled. It is the undisputed biggest game in the Midlands.

I arrived in Brum yesterday morning to dirty weather. The wind is howling, the rain is falling and its freezing. Match conditions are expected to be similar and its doubtful that many goals will scored today with the draw a huge player, I would say a 0 0 result is a very realistic outcome.

Villa are the dominant club in this derby. The fortunes of Brum have ebbed and waned over the years, its a few short years back that we were in the old third division while improvement saw us back to the premiership and winning our first "major" trophy the League cup in 2011. In typical Brum style we got relegated the same season and have been in the Championship since then, avoiding relegation on the last day 3 times since then. We've had clowns as managers and owners, but we're a working class club with die hard supporters who " keep right on" regardless. The appointment of our current manager Garry Monk, has seen an upswing in our fortunes and we currently sit safely just outside the play offs, a position we havent seen since the Steve Bruce days. We are above the Witton scum but a mere two points ahead of them. The difference is our squad cost a tenth of that lot and we are definitely punching above our weight at the moment.

Villa on the other hand are a club in turmoil. They have a squad that would not be out of place in the premiership cost wise, and their deluded supporters have heaped huge pressure on the team to return to the top flight. The sacking of Steve Bruce has not paid dividends and the fans would accept nothing less than a win today. It is rumoured that you need
6 fingers to join the Villa supporters club.

Players to watch today would be Che Adams from Brum who has scored 21 goals thus far this season and the closest thing to a living weasel you will ever see, Jack Grealish from the Vile. He is delusionally rated as a 40 million pound striker and Villa turned down a proper Spurs offer last season. He's also the biggest fairy I have ever seen, he falls down if a defender comes within 400 nautical nmiles of him. I can honestly say hes the most hated Villan in Small Heath. Expect a no holds encounter with both teams wanting to won and have the bragging rights.

My bets would revolve around the unders 2.5 goals and the card count. This is a fixture with a tradition of many yellows and frequent sending offs. Today should be no different.

Apologies if the spelling is not the greatest Im posting from my phone and nursing an almighty hangover. KRO -SOTV

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by catsmug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic The biggest derby in the Midlands
I see there was some shocking behaviour from the crowd - a spectator running onto the field and punching a player from behind is as low as you can go - that guy should be banned for life

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.