Cycling w/c 1 April

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by The Vann
Cycling w/c 1 April was created by The Vann
After last weekends festivities the Missus has requested a three day break to return in time for the cycling. Race will be off by the time we get back on Sunday and not ideal to place this early but a small punt is required to maintain the ageing adrenaline levels.
Tour of Flanders - Sunday 7 April
This is the second monument of the season and is run over 270km with around 17 hills and 5 pave sections. Several of the climbs are on cobbles. The last 55km see's all the action with a series of short, sharp climbs. Last three winners were Terpstra/Gilbert and Sagan. I fancied van der Poel for this race but he won the Dwars Door Vlaanderen earlier today and at 24 yrs of age don't believe he has another huge effort for Sunday. Am going with
All e/w
Naesen @ 17/2
Kwiatowski @ 24/1
Mohoric @ 47/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic Cycling w/c 1 April
Chance to watch this race today, van Avermaet usually there or there abouts so going with him for the win. I also like Mohoric as a roughie Vann, enjoy the race.

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Cycling w/c 1 April
Ollie Naesen apparently picked up the flew after being sprayed by Champagne (what a nice problem to have!). MVDP has been incredible but as Vann says I can't have him to repeat.

Quickstep will again be tough to beat and Stybar has the advantage of Jungels and Gilbert in all likelihood launched to tire the other contenders. That being said he doesn't quite have the sprint to justify his price I recon. Jumbo-Visma is the only team that gets close to having the power of QS. But despite reading and hearing a lot about Wout van Aert he still has to win me over.

In the end there might be some new kids on the block and his form might be far from ideal but this race covers some humps and tackles some cobbles - I will take the best bike handler in the business as its not often one can get
SAGAN @ 33/4

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling w/c 1 April
Wout Van Aert for me - reckon he is a classic legend in the making

Also throwing Mohric in at 66/1

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling w/c 1 April
What a great race - can't say I know that winner but does have a history and hats off to him, that was an incredible break and then he rode like crazy to hold it.

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham