Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys

More
4 years 11 months ago #51 by NicG
Replied by NicG on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Thanks, much appreciated. Still frustrating that there's not more effort to promote this competition from the big sites, News24, Supersport etc etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #52 by Cettas
Replied by Cettas on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys

NicG wrote: Thanks, much appreciated. Still frustrating that there's not more effort to promote this competition from the big sites, News24, Supersport etc etc.

Agree, especially with Supersport being the named main sponsor

Seems like two games might be televised on Sunday on SS10
SWD v WP
Border v Zim Academy
The following user(s) said Thank You: NicG

More
4 years 11 months ago #53 by bradie82
Replied by bradie82 on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
On the same topic, anybody could find the Pumas squad for the gamer today please ? Checked on all medias but could not find it

More
4 years 11 months ago #54 by Cettas

bradie82 wrote: On the same topic, anybody could find the Pumas squad for the gamer today please ? Checked on all medias but could not find it

Took some digging but seem to have found something

Pumas v Bulls Teams:
springboks.rugby/tournaments/match?mid=5689

A lot of the other teams also shown:
sarugby.online/tournaments/profile/tour/242#matches
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradie82

More
4 years 11 months ago #55 by Cettas

Cettas wrote: Supersport Rugby Challenge Starting Friday as well, so far WSB and Betxchange out with prices and there seems some difference of opinion to say the least:

Odds - WSB/Betxchange

Pumas (-12.5/+2.5) v Bulls

1. Bulls have named a strong team so will side with them on the +12.5, Pumas did beat them in all three games last year so might as well go for the Pumas +2.5 as well and look for the middle. They have a new coach but kept most of their players from last year.

Pumas win 29-21

More
4 years 11 months ago #56 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys

The Vann wrote:

Brent Graham wrote: Crusaders over 37.5 at 8/10

Arrived in 3 of 4 Saders home games this season (and just missed in the 4th) and also 5 of last 7 at home to SA sides

If I was a Man City fan I'd be crapping myself:silly:

Unbelievable hey Vann!
I have had bad runs before (much worse than this in fact) but cannot recall losing 3 bets so narrowly and from such a position of strength before

For those wondering what Vann is on about see my blog titled Liverpools Last Shot and that will put my Crusaders over 37.5 in context :silly:

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 years 11 months ago #57 by threepeat
Replied by threepeat on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
GFTG Panel wrote: "Sharks to bounce back in Sydney"

How the hell do you figure this Gents? Basic analysis suggests that Tahs will be two tries better than the Sharks (Tahs beat Reds by eleven and Reds beat Sharks by seven). Of course the unexpected has been happening regularly with SA conference teams, but not willing to bet on a bounce back.

There are a lot of Wallaby caps in the Tahs side, who get up for big games and their first game at the new Western Sydney Stadium now named Bankwest Stadium (grass not synthetic turf) will be an event. The Stadium is home to the Parametta Eels and Western Sydney is League country. It has been a stated objective of NSW Rugby to expand west and compete against league for talent. Look for 12 Karmichael Hunt to have a blinder. Former Kangaroo and thumping tackler.

The line at TAB is -6.5 and Tahs should cover this in a canter.

Elsewhere, I see Pollard's boot and game management for the Bulls being the key to unraveling the Stormers. Same game plan was deployed by Kiwi teams with 100% success.

Travel catches up with Brumbies and Jags pounce like Pumas.

Cheers & good luck to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, Kirky

More
4 years 11 months ago #58 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
A freak run of the stiffest of luck Brent but take comfort all were actually good calls as in reality given in a normal game scenario all would have cruised in.

More
4 years 11 months ago #59 by southpaw

threepeat wrote: GFTG Panel wrote: "Sharks to bounce back in Sydney"

How the hell do you figure this Gents? Basic analysis suggests that Tahs will be two tries better than the Sharks (Tahs beat Reds by eleven and Reds beat Sharks by seven). Of course the unexpected has been happening regularly with SA conference teams, but not willing to bet on a bounce back.

There are a lot of Wallaby caps in the Tahs side, who get up for big games and their first game at the new Western Sydney Stadium now named Bankwest Stadium (grass not synthetic turf) will be an event. The Stadium is home to the Parametta Eels and Western Sydney is League country. It has been a stated objective of NSW Rugby to expand west and compete against league for talent. Look for 12 Karmichael Hunt to have a blinder. Former Kangaroo and thumping tackler.

The line at TAB is -6.5 and Tahs should cover this in a canter.

Elsewhere, I see Pollard's boot and game management for the Bulls being the key to unraveling the Stormers. Same game plan was deployed by Kiwi teams with 100% success.

Travel catches up with Brumbies and Jags pounce like Pumas.

Cheers & good luck to everyone.

Anyone trying to make money on formlines in this topsy turvy tournament this year will be losing money, as your theory re reds-tahs-Sharks is flawed. Tahs lost to Sunwolves and Blues, sharks beat both. Can’t read anything into it.

My early call on Sharks is based on the instinct of a Sharks fan who knows his side fairly well and when they are due a better performance. A trip away, team bonding, is what they needed ASAP.

Good luck, but I’m hoping and expecting Sharks can show up today and repay some faith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick, coil, Kirky

More
4 years 11 months ago #60 by Greedyfly
Replied by Greedyfly on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Sharks over 21.5 points

More
4 years 11 months ago #61 by bradie82

southpaw wrote:

southpaw wrote: Much better Sharks side and Rob du Preez finally dropped. Like a bounce back and skipping the cap -

Sharks win @ 11/5

This game is also being played at the new multi sport ground in Sydney, the first game there was a league match last weekend which had 60 points scored. It’s a great looking surface but also new for Waratahs.

Will be looking for best overs quote in this game as think there could be tries.

Following the info on the new pitch, found an interesting cut for tries so giving it a go

Over 5.5 tries @ 1.57 (Bwin)
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
4 years 11 months ago #62 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Stormers vs Bulls under 45.5 points at 17/20

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 11 months ago #63 by hanrick
Chiefs over 17.5 points at 0.87/1 and Chiefs +11 at evens

More
4 years 11 months ago #64 by southpaw
Sharks over 10.5 1st half points 19/20
sharks over 21.5 points 17/20

More
4 years 11 months ago #65 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
No Brodie but expecting a better show from the Chiefs pack, with Ta'vauo back on his preferred tighthead position.

Still think Canes will egde it however

Chiefs +12 @1.91

Hurricanes 1-12 @ 3.30

More
4 years 11 months ago #66 by Kirky
Replied by Kirky on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
I'm with Threepeat on the Sharks/Tahs game.
I think dropping baby Rob is a good start for the Sharks, but they need to get rid of the rest of the Du Preez family too - especially big Rob.
I also think in addition to what Threepeat said about their big-game temperament at the new field, losing the sanctimonious and disruptive Izzy Folou will be massively beneficial to them. Folou became 'the hero' of the Tahs, and you can't have a hero in a team with everyone playing for him to perform magic, especially someone as self-righteous as Izzy. Goodbye and RIP Izzy, I hope I never see you on a rugby field again.
Tahs by 14 - grin..
I grin because I've got 3 right from the last 14 games on Superbru (prior to yesterday's 2 games - and then yesterday I almost took the Wolves..) so I'm obviously a top netball predictor...
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 11 months ago #67 by threepeat
Southpaw wrote "Anyone trying to make money on formlines in this topsy turvy tournament this year will be losing money, as your theory re reds-tahs-Sharks is flawed. Tahs lost to Sunwolves and Blues, sharks beat both. Can’t read anything into it".

Southpaw I am not focused on win loss v opposition teams. However last week Tahs had a good win against Rebels even with the Folou circus going on, and Sharks never looked like beating the Reds. That is current form. Also Tahs are strong at home and strong against better teams with wins over top NZ team Crusaders and top Aussie team Rebels.

I am not a Tahs fan and therefore more objective than a desperate Shark supporter. The Tahs would be doing better if they had a better coach. Gibbo is not on my list of top coaches, even though he has a Crusader pedigree. Think even less of Rob du Preez Sr and selecting three sons in his team. As a Shark fan how do you rate his coaching? Cheers & Good Luck

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #68 by coil
Replied by coil on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Managed to have a decent Friday for a change , got home in time to get on the Highlanders minus but main bet was Sunwolves under 23.5 .. alas was a shoe in . Can't believe The Crusaders couldn't score for 25 min and the Lions defended like they held a slender lead ...much to the agony of some of our fellow comrades .

Looking forward to today , nothing on and will be filing my boots with all on offer .

First up like the Chiefs plus and have go on the plus 11.5 and 17/20. Not sure about the points but may look in running . Next up I'm in the Sharks camp, of course logic may not justify this bet but I do agree with Brent, Hanrick and South.

In contrast to what Threepeats alluded to rugby is not run on paper and if it was it would be an easy game as would most sports including horse racing and we would stand at the pay out kiosk before the game or race was won.

Nevertheless I do feel that the Waratahs are no great shakes and the Sharks can expose a soft under belly should the Sharks approach this game as such. As a result I'll be on the best plus.

The points looks a little tricky and I'll be looking at some in running options .

Later on I really like the Stormers , once again after an absurdly bad last performance against the Brumbies this is the kind of situation they should bounce back . After early chats I had hoped for a choice match but will look a little later as to the best option to back the stormers .

Much later on I love the Jag's as well , backed the Brumbies last week and they delivered , but overall I don't rate them much. Hoping the Jag's can give an 80 min performance .

Will have a look at Europe now .

Play Well
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by coil.

More
4 years 11 months ago #69 by southpaw

threepeat wrote: Southpaw wrote "Anyone trying to make money on formlines in this topsy turvy tournament this year will be losing money, as your theory re reds-tahs-Sharks is flawed. Tahs lost to Sunwolves and Blues, sharks beat both. Can’t read anything into it".

Southpaw I am not focused on win loss v opposition teams. However last week Tahs had a good win against Rebels even with the Folou circus going on, and Sharks never looked like beating the Reds. That is current form. Also Tahs are strong at home and strong against better teams with wins over top NZ team Crusaders and top Aussie team Rebels.

I am not a Tahs fan and therefore more objective than a desperate Shark supporter. The Tahs would be doing better if they had a better coach. Gibbo is not on my list of top coaches, even though he has a Crusader pedigree. Think even less of Rob du Preez Sr and selecting three sons in his team. As a Shark fan how do you rate his coaching? Cheers & Good Luck

On best form all 3 pick themselves. However Rob jnr has been playing poor, is probably knackered from too much rugby, no break, played for sale. Rob snr should have dropped him a while back.

I don’t rate du Preez or Gibson as coaches, both occasionally get some good results but that’s it.

And don’t worry I’m not desperate, I punt Sharks with the head not heart.

Tahs win over Saders was in view hollow, the saders were in a terrible mental state for that game.

Anyway let’s see how things go later.

More
4 years 11 months ago #70 by southpaw
Beauden Barret 1st and last try both 16/1

More
4 years 11 months ago #71 by threepeat
The Waratahs have won their last eight home games against the Sharks.

Waratahs

Draw

Sharks
POINTS START
Shark's Stat: The Waratahs have covered the pre-game points start in 5 of their last 6 home games.

Waratahs
[ -5.5 ]

Sharks
[ +5.5 ]

More
4 years 11 months ago #72 by hanrick
Sharks over 21.5 points at 17/20 and a strike on Sharks +7.5 at 9/10. Also Sharks to win the game at 2/1

More
4 years 11 months ago #73 by coil
Caught that game soooo wrong , Chiefs were just awful , also took a little unders at the break which died quickly , this game can be so frustrating .. watching the 6-3 match between Sale and Bath last night you would not think it's the same field ....

Yesterday's profits wiped out and slightly behind ...
Can't find anything better than 5.5 at 9/10 grrr .

Will jump on the best before kick off

More
4 years 11 months ago #74 by coil
had my totals cocked up at 40-19 , i thought unders were dead ( had 69 ) in my head , thankfully that halved the loss , now firing into the Sharkies plus 7.5 at 7/10

More
4 years 11 months ago #75 by Cettas
SSRC Namibia v Lions

Lions sending a young side that lost by 20pts to the Valke in a warm up last week. Namibia playing at home and team have a few old campaigners, so think they should be able to stay within the +30.5 cap
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, bradie82

More
4 years 11 months ago #76 by coil
Phew the red card helped , had a good bet on the plus , feeling bullish still about the stormers but can't work out a betting strategy yet , will follow Hanrick on the unders in the meantime.

More
4 years 11 months ago #77 by coil
In the UK, I'm going big on the Leicester minus 5.5. They have had a poor season by their illustrious standards but I think today they click after a decent win last time. Bristol beat Saracens in their last start but that form is obviously very suspect.

More
4 years 11 months ago #78 by southpaw
On Bulls +2.5 from earlier in week.

For smaller exotics interest Added htft stormer/bulls 7/1
Last try gelant 15/1

More
4 years 11 months ago #79 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Bulls win 14/10 Betx

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 years 11 months ago #80 by Brad Breath
I'm a Blues fan, but don't think they should be favourites vs the Ospreys later.
Big bet on Ospreys +3 placed yesterday and smaller punt Ospreys win @ 2.40
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Zambusta

More
4 years 11 months ago #81 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Big bet on under 63.5 points in Cheetahs - Kings

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
4 years 11 months ago #82 by southpaw
Can’t believe the swing at end of stormers bulls game. I turned off the coverage in disguist when bulls knocked on in 79th minute I assumed that was the end. Went on to twitter to moan and as I’m looking at stovbul hashtag it pops up a number of posts saying why stormers didn’t kick it out, then realised they’d let the bulls get one back trying to get bonus point.

Hadn’t even occurred to me they might hunt the bonus in that final play and I’m truly thankful for their generosity, massive swing on the day for the +2.5.

More
4 years 11 months ago #83 by bradie82

Cettas wrote: SSRC Namibia v Lions

Lions sending a young side that lost by 20pts to the Valke in a warm up last week. Namibia playing at home and team have a few old campaigners, so think they should be able to stay within the +30.5 cap

Nice one Cettas!!
Seems like Lions won 40-23 but waiting for bookie to pay off
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cettas

More
4 years 11 months ago #84 by Zambusta
Replied by Zambusta on topic Super Rugby Week 11 and Other Rugbys
Jags 2nd half cap -2,5 @1.93

More
4 years 11 months ago #85 by hanrick
Brumbies +6.5 at even money and Brumbies over 21.5 at 0.82/1

More
4 years 11 months ago #86 by Brad Breath
Ospreys win got me back in the black

On Jags -3 from earlier this week

Added Boffeli 1st try @ 17
&
Matera any time @ 3.75