Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by mackem
Saw a couple posts regarding early RWC bets and an enquiry about starting a dedicated RWC thread so here we go.

For now lets use this thread for all pre-tournament bets and will make a call on how best to structure the forum nearer to when the tournament gets underway.

The word on the street is that some of the shrewdies on here have already taken stock of the 14/10 about Argentina to beat France in their opener :)

We will post the Monday night Use it Or Lose it videos on this thread as part of the build up and pre-tournament previews will follow so your outrights and those early calls on opening matches are most welcome here.

Looking forward to what could be the best thread this forum has witnessed in a decade of its existence

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
right lads i'll get the ball rolling -

Argentina +3.5 @ 9/10 and 29/20 win vs France.

Have the cap in various doubles around 5/2 or so, slowly built up last month or 2. I put up the Argies on a thread a while back, just cannot have France as favourites for this. Argies will come in battle hardened from Rugby Champs and have bonus of being allowed to select some Euro based players for first time in years.

Argentina 40/1 outright. No brainer bet for me when you look at price of likes of Wales, Boks both under 10/1. Scotland 33/1, what?!! Pumas great value.

Finalists NZ v Ireland @ 7/2. I took this about 6 months ago, less confident given above but being transparent. It's around 5/1 now.

NZ bt Ire in final @ 13/1. As above taken before 6 nations, less confident but i never know.

Top Tryscorer Sevu Reece 18/1. Okay not even confirmed an All Black yet but writing on the wall, and can't see him not being in squad. Perfect All Black winger - tackles, scores, works.

Lastly, not taken this yet but might do this week - Italy -19 @ 10/11 vs Nambia game 1. Namibia have no proper warmups scheduled, they stick out like a sore thumb. Team just hasn't moved on with professional era, and i believe not going to be playing in the SA domestic comp either? Not good. Now Italy are hard to trust, but am very tempted here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CapeSharky, Stoossy

More
4 years 9 months ago #3 by threepeat
Replied by threepeat on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
I am with South on Argie to beat France in their first of the Pool Of Death, and expect them to qualify Second to England in that Pool.

Below is the Puma World Cup Squad, which is significantly stronger than the Jaguares. Like South I expect Argie to go favourites in this game after they lose the SupeRugby final in Christchurch with an outstanding showing, and later knock over the Wallabies in the Rugby Championship.

MAX BET HEAD TO HEAD & THE +3.5

Looseheads

1 Tetaz Chaparro, Nahuel – Jaguares
2 Vivas, Mayco – Jaguares
3 Zeiss, Juan Pablo – Jaguares
4 Díaz, Javier – Jaguares
5 García Botta, Santiago

Hookers

6 Creevy, Agustín – Jaguares
7 Montoya , Julián – Jaguares
8 Socino, Santiago – Jaguares

Tightheads

9 Figallo, Juan – Saracens
10 Herrera, Ramiro – Stade Francais
11 Medrano, Santiago – Jaguares
12 Pieretto, Enrique – Jaguares
13 Sordoni, Lucio – Jaguares

Secondrows

14 Petti, Guido – Jaguares
15 Lavanini, Tomás – Jaguares
16 Alemanno, Matías – Jaguares
17 Paulos, Lucas – Jaguares

Backrow

18 Matera, Pablo – Jaguares
19 Lezana, Tomás – Jaguares
20 Isa, Facundo – Toulon
21 Ortega Desio, Javier – Jaguares
22 Kremer, Marcos – Jaguares
23 Bruni, Rodrigo – Jaguares
24 Leguizamón, Juan Manuel

Scrumhalves

25 Cubelli, Tomás – Jaguares
26 Bertranou, Gonzalo – Jaguares
27 Landajo, Martín – Jaguares
28 Ezcurra, Felipe – Hindú

Flyhavles

29 Sánchez, Nicolás – Stade Francais
30 Urdapilleta, Benjamín – Castres
31 Díaz Bonilla, Joaquín – Jaguares
32 Miotti, Domingo – Tucumán L.t.

Centres

33 González Iglesias, Santiago – Jaguares
34 De La Fuente, Jerónimo – Jaguares
35 Orlando, Matías – Jaguares
36 Moroni, Matías – Jaguares
37 Mensa, Lucas – Pucará
38 Mallía, Juan Cruz – Jaguares

Back three

39 Ezcurra, Bautista – Jaguares
40 Moyano, Ramiro – Jaguares
41 Delguy, Bautista – Jaguares
42 Cancelliere, Sebastián
43 Boffelli, Emiliano – Jaguares
44 Tuculet, Joaquín – Jaguares
45 Montero, Manuel – Pucará
46 Carreras, Santiago – Jaguares
The following user(s) said Thank You: CapeSharky

More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by threepeat
Hard to go past Rieko Ioane for top try scorer @$8.50 AB's use the left wing to score trys! Reiko is young, fit and fastest current AB. Will get plenty of game time. Rieko was top AB try scorer last season and RWC will be no different. Hansen loves the double fullback defence to the high ball and will use both Ben Smith and Jordie Barrett on the right wing. Reece also has Naholo ahead of him on the plane to Tokyo, and Hansen puts a lot of weight on Test Caps. Maybe Reece will get a chance to shine in the Rugby Championship ala Milner-Skudder four years ago.

More
4 years 9 months ago #5 by CLrugby
Replied by CLrugby on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
I am on Japan -18.5 I was expecting the H at 28 against Russia, they are still a very weak and inexperienced team. At home the Japanese will crash them hard.

@Chris_Lacharge
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Taken Am to start to wear 13 against ABs @2.8. He's a better player than Kriel and fits transformation targets.

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports

More
4 years 9 months ago #7 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

ThoughtsOnSports wrote: Taken Am to start to wear 13 against ABs @2.8. He's a better player than Kriel and fits transformation targets.

Kriel will be one of the first automatic selections (if fit) for any Springbok team, especially considering Pollard to be the starting Fly half.

RG Snyman to be the starting #5 vs the ABs ahead of Mostert, any day of the week, at similar odds.

More
4 years 9 months ago #8 by Pierrebal
Replied by Pierrebal on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Frans Steyn to start at 12 - 25/1. That’s huge. He is much better than the one dimensional de Allende and Esterhuizen. Also provides kicking option so at 25/1 worth a go.

Follow me on @kilianpierre

More
4 years 9 months ago #9 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
I was also eyeing that Pierre - tonights Use it or Lose it will focus on the Bok squad and although not betting focused I am going to ask the guys what they think about that one - we are live at 21h00

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 years 9 months ago #10 by threepeat
NZ v SA Test results since 2015 last RWC year.

25 July 2015 Ellis Park, Johannesburg 20 – 27 New Zealand 2015 Rugby Championship
24 October 2015 Twickenham Stadium, London, England 18 – 20 New Zealand 2015 Rugby World Cup Semi-final
17 September 2016 AMI Stadium, Christchurch 41 – 13 New Zealand 2016 Rugby Championship
8 October 2016 Kings Park Stadium, Durban 15 – 57 New Zealand
16 September 2017 North Harbour Stadium, Albany 57 – 0 New Zealand 2017 Rugby Championship
7 October 2017 Newlands, Cape Town 24 – 25 New Zealand
15 September 2018 Westpac Stadium, Wellington 34 – 36 South Africa 2018 Rugby Championship
6 October 2018 Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria 30 – 32 New Zealand 2018 Rugby Championship

The line for the first round RWC match between AB's and Boks is -11.5. Forget a couple of unusual results in Albany and Durban and the line should be somewhere between NZ - 2.5 & - 7.5. With improved Super rugby results from SA plus plenty of Boks returning from Europe SA +11.5 looks like value. I have noticed that SA punters tend to under rate their own teams??

Obviously I am in the AB camp. In fact I love our RWC draw. A real test in the first round (a win by under 11.5!) easy beats (resting & rotation) and then the playoffs with a possible AB v SA rematch in the final?

More
4 years 9 months ago #11 by bradie82
Replied by bradie82 on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Thanks for opening the thread Mackem
As stated earlier, I am also on the Argentina camp and took already the h+3.5 @ evens on bet365.
The Jaguares have been amazing this season and adding on top of that few “European” top players, that team has the potential to go far I reckon
The Argentina to win the group stage @ 6 (William Hill) is also interesting and might give it a go.
Now in addition to that, the French squad has been announced

Forwards : Bamba, Poirot, Priso, Setiano, Slimani ; Guirado, Chat, Mauvaka ; Gabrillagues, Lambey, Le Roux, Vahaamahina ; Alldritt, Camara, Iturria, Lauret, Picamoles.
Backs : Dupont, Machenaud, Serin ; Lopez, Ntamack ; Doumayrou, Fickou, Fofana, Guitoune ; Huget, Penaud, Raka ; Médard, Ramos.
6 extra players in case of injury : Falgoux, Ollivon, Cros, Willemse, Belleau, Rattez.

Few key messages :
Heavy players such as Willemse, Atonio and Bastareaud has been left out – guess this is Galthier already preparing for the post WC. I m not particularly sad to see those players out as the fast rugby played by Toulouse, Clermont and La Rochelle this season is to me the the rugby France should have been playing for years now
Parra is out while Machenaud and Serin are – strange decision here – Parra and Lopez playing together for few years now and have had a fantastic season – the combination could have been good for a WC and not sure why taking Machenaud who has been injured most of the season ad Serin who has been invisible most of the season.
Leaving Thomas and Vakatawa home is to me the biggest mistake – Teddy has been injured quite a lot but he is a player that can score a try at any time and one of the best if not the best wing France has. For Virimi, he s been the best centre with Guitoune and Fickou this season, is powerful, can offload and his association with Thomas has been fantastic all season – you haver to be either blind or stupid to leave both of them home, especially when you decide to take Doumayrou who has been catastrophic this year.
Setiano and Mavauka in front row – not a single appearance for France yet, played max 6 months in top 14 so agree that those 2 guys could be the future of the French squad but I see it a huge risk if things go bad.
Finally there is only 1 proper fly half in this squad – Ntamack and Ramos can indeed play at this position but they played either centre or full back most of the season. I know France is lacking fly halves and either they are not at the right level (Belleau has been a ghost this season and seeing him in the 6 extra players is quite scary), either there is a foreign player (Holmes, Russel, West, …) but this is a big gap in this squad. Hopefully players like Carbonnel, who has been amazing during the U20 WC, or Jalibert, who has been injured quite loads, will step in after the WC.

To summarize, not very confident with that squad with few key players missing but the backline with loads of Toulouse & Clermont player could be the surprize if they play as they did the whole season.

More
4 years 9 months ago #12 by bradie82

Pierrebal wrote: Frans Steyn to start at 12 - 25/1. That’s huge. He is much better than the one dimensional de Allende and Esterhuizen. Also provides kicking option so at 25/1 worth a go.

Pierre, which bookmaker offers such bet please?

More
4 years 9 months ago #13 by Pierrebal
WSB from South Africa

The following user(s) said Thank You: bradie82

More
4 years 9 months ago #14 by CapeSharky
Replied by CapeSharky on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
WSB offering 60/1 Argentina outright
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
4 years 8 months ago #15 by threepeat

CLrugby wrote: I am on Japan -18.5 I was expecting the H at 28 against Russia, they are still a very weak and inexperienced team. At home the Japanese will crush them hard.

This game has just become available in my market, tab nz @ Japan -19.5

2019 / Russia / Match results
Records Index
Test Records
Tournament RecordsMenu Down Arrow
Team RecordsMenu Down Arrow
Statsguru Home
(Data and stats supplied under licence from SFMS Limited)
Team Pts Pts Team HT HT Series Ground Date Match
Spain 16 14 Russia 7 14 Six Nations B Madrid 10 Feb 2019 Details
Russia 64 7 Belgium 33 7 Six Nations B Sotchi 16 Feb 2019 Details
Germany 18 26 Russia 6 12 Six Nations B Heidelburg 2 Mar 2019 Details
Romania 22 20 Russia 16 5 Six Nations B Botoşani 9 Mar 2019 Details
Russia 6 22 Georgia 3 10 Six Nations B Krasnodar 17 Mar 2019 Details
Uruguay 48 26 Russia 29 12 Nations Cup Montevideo 4 Jun 2019 Details
Namibia 0 20 Russia 0 13 Nations Cup Montevideo 15 Jun 2019 Details
Georgia 0 0 Russia - - Russia tour Tbilisi 27 Aug 2019 Details
Japan 0 0 Russia - - Rugby World Cup Tokyo 20 Sep 2019 Details
Ireland 0 0 Russia - - Rugby World Cup Kobe 3 Oct 2019 Details
Russia 0 0 Scotland - - Rugby World Cup Shizuoka 9 Oct 2019 Details

Russians do not look prepared for the RWC. Only qualified due to other countries using illegal players.

Big fan of Jamie Joseph / Tony Brown coaching of Japan. Will build on Eddie Jones Japan legacy by looking to beat Scotland. Japan looked well oiled against All Black B last year. Japan will put 35+ on this Russian Team.

Into the Japan -19.5 like a hungry dog. Double Max.

More
4 years 8 months ago #16 by southpaw
Argentina +3.5 v France
Fiji +17.5 v Aus

Double @ 2.35/1 - 10 unit strike

More
4 years 8 months ago #17 by southpaw
been thinking more about Fiji and i'm now getting onto their + v Aus in a big way. My thoughts -

Fiji have built up a stronger squad compared to 4 years ago and have some decent forwards to go with their always brilliant backline,
They are on the up - last test beat France in Paris, whereas i feel this Australian side are going through a transition and don't have good depth,
Aus bt Fiji by 15pts in 2015 RWC - Fiji are simply a better side now vs then,
New Fiji 15 is bloody brilliant, will cause issues for teams all RWC,
Fiji v Aus is one of 2 games at the Saporo Dome - indoor arena, roll-in pitch. Perfect for fast and loose like the Fijians love,
Aus have Wales game 2, potentially may have eyes on that game, where as Fiji have Wales final pool match.

All in i feel this is going to be a very uncomfortable game for the Aussies. They will be up against bigger men from 1 to 15 and the neutral support will mostly go for Fiji.

I'm having a decent crack at the Fiji +17.5 to add to the double with Argentina. With Argies playing the same day, the 21st September is going to a massive day for my early RWC punting fortunes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, ballaholic, The Vann

More
4 years 8 months ago #18 by threepeat
Points Start World Cup: Japan v Russia Rugby Union Fri, 20 Sep 2019, 10:45pm
Japan (-19.5) @ 1.87
Points Start World Cup: Australia v Fiji Rugby Union Sat, 21 Sep 2019, 4:45pm
Fiji (+17.5) @ 1.84
Points Start World Cup: France v Argentina Rugby Union Sat, 21 Sep 2019, 7:15pm
Argentina (+2.5) @ 1.84
Points Start World Cup: New Zealand v South Africa Rugby Union Sat, 21 Sep 2019, 9:45pm
South Africa (+11.5) @ 1.84
Points Start World Cup: Italy v Namibia Rugby Union Mon, 23 Sep 2019, 2:00am
Italy (-24.5) @ 1.87

Combined Odds 21.78

Here is my first serious crack at an accumulator/ multi. Going after a stake from first round games that will carry me through the RWC. After Rugby Championship odds will change, but SA & AB using RC as a trial and RC difficult to bet. All eyes on the big prize. Also taking the 4 out of 5 result option.

More
4 years 8 months ago #19 by Tarka

Pierrebal wrote: Frans Steyn to start at 12 - 25/1. That’s huge. He is much better than the one dimensional de Allende and Esterhuizen. Also provides kicking option so at 25/1 worth a go.

That was a great call Pierrebal! I got 8to1 after i saw your post, and i see that the betting is closed on that for now. He must be closer to 2to1 after Saturday's little cameo.

More
4 years 8 months ago #20 by Pierrebal
The way Steyn defended and ran over Foley a couple of times does give him the edge over Esterhuizen and De Allende.

But I was at the game on Saturday and it was interesting to see between plays Steyn was telling Jantjies where to stand and often overruling him. You could see it annoyed Jantjies - I just hope (for the bet) Steyn makes more friends than enemies over the next two months!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarka

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #21 by threepeat
What a great dominant performance by the Boks in Salta. Making a RWC statement!

Betting MAX on an AB v Springbok final @ $5.50.
(the 14 man glitch in Perth was a great lesson in the pain of losing)

Easy pool games except for AB v Boks in first round, leaving both teams in great shape to come through the knock outs.

Southern Hemisphere Rugby!

One day since posting this pick and Bok win in Salta has moved the bet in from $5.50 to $4.33 on tab nz. Thats more than a 20% move.
Any $5.50 left in SA? Grab it!
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by threepeat. Reason: Updated betting info.

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 7 months ago #22 by mackem
Here's an outright winner best book for RWC 2019, GG Gaming top price of 11/2 against the Boks of the bookies who advertise with us.

goodforthegame.co.za/RWC-2019/rwc-2019-o...-betting-update.html

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 7 months ago #23 by southpaw
Have just spent the last 10 minutes trading out my Argentina + cap and outright v France bets. This French side have really impressed me, and with the cap now at 1.5 I’m making an exit while I can.

Not something I normally do but I feel the lines shift tomorrow.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #24 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

southpaw wrote: Have just spent the last 10 minutes trading out my Argentina + cap and outright v France bets. This French side have really impressed me, and with the cap now at 1.5 I’m making an exit while I can.

Not something I normally do but I feel the lines shift tomorrow.

Nevermind France, Argentina are shit. Also backwd ARG to beat France, and also trading out

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by hanrick.

More
4 years 7 months ago #25 by threepeat
Italy 85 Russia 15 Summer International Series

Have to say that early bet On Japan v Russia @ -19.5 has gone golden,

Also have early bet on Argie to beat France @ $2.28. No longer very confident.
However, Argie have great record against six nation teams in RWC. Not bailing out based on a good home performance by France v a weak Scotland Team, but will watch Team selections and Murrayfield result next week.
Also think SA are much better under Rassie than SA supporters give them credit, thus making Argie look worse than they really are. Time to say Boks are very real contenders.

Early bet on SA +11.5 v AB no longer available, but also looking sweet as.

Have previously touted an AB v SA final at $5.50, last I looked available at $4.33.

More
4 years 7 months ago #26 by southpaw
Italy play Namibia game 1. Then another soft game vs Canada. Can load up with best team vs Namibia, who’s only warm ups are v SouthernKings! Namibia ranked below Russia in world rankings.

Italy -23.5 currently still available. Huge value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 7 months ago #27 by Roger Rabbit
Replied by Roger Rabbit on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Japan -15.5 (Half time) v Russia and Japan to win both halves @ 4/10 with WSB

More
4 years 7 months ago #28 by Roger Rabbit
Replied by Roger Rabbit on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
betolimp have Japan first half handicap @ -9.5

More
4 years 7 months ago #29 by landrews77
Replied by landrews77 on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
I am really impressed the way how the French are playing.That style will suits conditions in Japan. I start to believe Eng are in trouble in that group.Eng and Aus too big players.France ,Nz ,SA have mobile props for that condition
France to reach semi final , yes /9-10

More
4 years 7 months ago #30 by threepeat

southpaw wrote: Italy play Namibia game 1. Then another soft game vs Canada. Can load up with best team vs Namibia, who’s only warm ups are v SouthernKings! Namibia ranked below Russia in world rankings.

Italy -23.5 currently still available. Huge value.

Not only ranked below Russia, lost to them 20 - 0

Namibia 0 20 Russia 0 13 Nations Cup Montevideo 15 Jun 2019

I got on in June at -24.5 tab nz, and line is now -25.5

There is even better value with Italy -11.5 half time! Adding a maximum bet. They lost to Argentina and NZ in last world cup by 40+ points.

Cheers 3P

PS: I notice a lot of South African names in the Namibia Team. Anybody compiled info on where their team members play their rugby?

More
4 years 7 months ago #31 by bradie82
Agree with you on Italy and for those with access to William Hill, Italy handicap is -19 @ 1.91 - just took a max bet on it

On the same game, Bet365 is offering Italy to win both halves @ 1.50 and the same for Japan vs Russia - those are 2 huge value IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #32 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

bradie82 wrote: Agree with you on Italy and for those with access to William Hill, Italy handicap is -19 @ 1.91 - just took a max bet on it

On the same game, Bet365 is offering Italy to win both halves @ 1.50 and the same for Japan vs Russia - those are 2 huge value IMO.

Cheers Bradie, I was about to post the -19 at Bill Hill, steamed into it late yesterday.

And agree strongly on the win both halves on both games, just cannot see either losing.
Have put them both in a double @ 2.25
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Brad Breath. Reason: Spelling error
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradie82

More
4 years 7 months ago #33 by southpaw
Great bet. Wish I could get on will hill but got limited big time years ago after literally just 2 winning bets in a row on SA horse racing. Tempted to try open a new acc but suspect will get blocked.

Will have to stick with the Sunbet strike.

More
4 years 7 months ago #34 by Tarka
Japan vs Russia: either team to win both halves at 4to10.
Italy vs Namibia: either team to win both halves at 4to10.

That double must be the best bet of the tournament!!! (WSB)

More
4 years 7 months ago #35 by Tarka

Brad Breath wrote:

bradie82 wrote: Agree with you on Italy and for those with access to William Hill, Italy handicap is -19 @ 1.91 - just took a max bet on it

Cheers Bradie, I was about to post the -19 at Bill Hill, steamed into it late yesterday.

And agree strongly on the win both halves on both games, just cannot see either losing.
Have put them both in a double @ 2.25

Sorry, just read yours, actually better bet than mine, but both sitters IMO!

More
4 years 7 months ago #36 by southpaw
perhaps a false favourite in top tryscorer market, i'm not sure Ioane has his place nailed down any longer. Poor super rugby season by his standards, looked out of form and released this weekend to find form. All Blacks getting much more work from the Saders pair Reece and Bridge.

Reece into 9/1 from 18's so am happy with that early bet at 18/1. I see Bridge 28/1 with Betway, probably worth an interest at that sort of price given NZ still favour attacks to left wing over right.

More
4 years 7 months ago #37 by hanrick

southpaw wrote: perhaps a false favourite in top tryscorer market, i'm not sure Ioane has his place nailed down any longer. Poor super rugby season by his standards, looked out of form and released this weekend to find form. All Blacks getting much more work from the Saders pair Reece and Bridge.

Reece into 9/1 from 18's so am happy with that early bet at 18/1. I see Bridge 28/1 with Betway, probably worth an interest at that sort of price given NZ still favour attacks to left wing over right.

My opinion (maybe a bit far fetched) for left wingers traditionally scoring more tries than right wingers is that most people are right handed and thus passing better to the left.

More
4 years 7 months ago #38 by Tarka

Tarka wrote: Japan vs Russia: either team to win both halves at 4to10.
Italy vs Namibia: either team to win both halves at 4to10.

That double must be the best bet of the tournament!!! (WSB)

Funny that after posting the above here, it shortened to 3to10 within hours.....

More
4 years 7 months ago #39 by hanrick
Have had a look at the world cup fixtures and have a bit of a concern on the Italy minus vs Namibia. Italy's 1st game is on 22 September against Namibia and their 2nd game is on 26 September against Canada. That is Canada's 1st game. Italy will see Canada as a stronger opponent and I think they might not play there best side against Namibia with only 4 days between the games.

More
4 years 7 months ago #40 by southpaw
On tryscorers - it's fair to say the most prolific of later years have been 11's, although some of the best strikerates came from 14's (Doug Howlett springs to mind).

What i like about Reece is that he looks for work and popped up on left wing quite often in Saders play despite starting on right.

Interesting to note that after 1st two rounds it's more likely one of the England backline players will be topping the try charts based on group fixtures. Tonga and USA first up for them. Likes of Anthony Watson (66/1) and Ruaridh Mcconochie (100/1) could be getting a head-start on tryscorer charts if they play, as well as Johnny May who's already one of shorter prices.

More
4 years 7 months ago #41 by Brent Graham
On tonights Use it or Lose it live at 21h00 we talk about the chances of the Northern Hemisphere teams

More
4 years 7 months ago #42 by southpaw
caught video on commute this morning, very good thoughts lads.

On betting for rugby world cup - anyone know if any SA bookies still offer occassional spread betting on rugby or if they might be bringing back for RWC?

All of Betx, Sportsbet and WorldofSport offered at one time - hoping at least one, ideally Betx, might make the effort to bring back for RWC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Couch Critic

More
4 years 7 months ago #43 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

southpaw wrote: caught video on commute this morning, very good thoughts lads.

On betting for rugby world cup - anyone know if any SA bookies still offer occassional spread betting on rugby or if they might be bringing back for RWC?

All of Betx, Sportsbet and WorldofSport offered at one time - hoping at least one, ideally Betx, might make the effort to bring back for RWC.

Last man standing - Sportsbet

More
4 years 7 months ago #44 by Brent Graham
Yip very sad, spread betting practically gone in SA (it is for me as I cannot get a spread bet on with Sportsbet)

More
4 years 7 months ago #45 by southpaw
My money also not welcome there. Might ask Betx to see if they have any plans to bring back.

More
4 years 7 months ago #46 by kompos
LOL
sportsbet offers spreads, but nobody allowed to have a bet
only Smarkets and Sporting Index left - and the latter offer you a 100 quid to play with every now and then - keep the profits

More
4 years 7 months ago #47 by labrador
Replied by labrador on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Further comfort for those who loaded up on Japan a couple of months ago. Russia were beaten in Moscow by Jersey in a warm-up game:

www.jerseyreds.je/match_report/russia-22-jersey-reds-35/

More
4 years 6 months ago #48 by bradie82
The French squad has been announced and few surprises even if they were predictable.

The 2 biggest upset for me are Lambey and Cros being out of the squad, the first one for a lack of power and the second one for a lack of experience. Both are players that can move the ball quickly, offload, and with the potential in the backline, those types of forwards are what is needed in the French squad. Instead players like Lauret, Gabrillagues or le Roux are going on I don’t fully understand why. I am therefore not very confident for the WC but hope to be wrong at the same time.

Now I have seen some of you have cashed out your Argentinian bet against France but I have not been impressed by France the past 3 weeks – they played first a weak Scottish team that they smashed easily with nice moves but that was a ghost team on the pitch. Then they were quite poor against Scotland, especially physically, on the second test match before playing an absolute shocking Italian team that did not want to defend at all and even against such team, we managed to be undisciplined with a dozen of penalties and 2 yellow cards in 20 minutes. On top of that, luckily Italy did not attempt any penalties cause the score would not have been the same.
I reckon playing against top team will be a total different story and I am sticking with my Argentina ML and +3.5 handicap without any regret ( and if France win, then I m happy as it could mean a quarter final and that is something I don’t expect at all with such management in place).

However, I am worried about my Italy -19 with what I have seen last Friday and that team was extremely weak despite bringing their big guns. Unfortunately cannot cash it out so might cover it live but to decided later on.

Recap of my WC bets so far:
Argentina + 3.5 @ 1.88
Argentina ML @ 2.43
Italy -19 @ 1.90
Japan and Italy to win both halves @ 2.25
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
4 years 6 months ago #49 by threepeat
Fun fact in relation to the rise and rise of England.

"It's important to note that every team that's won the World Cup has won all the matches in the World Cup. So if England were to go on and continue that trend and win the World Cup, they have to beat five tier-one nations in five weekends – no one has ever done that."

AB's v BOK's RWC FINAL!

More
4 years 6 months ago #50 by BDub
Just a quick heads up. Weather could be a huge factor at the WC and could be worthwhile waiting closer to games to see what the weather does. I have some small bets down but this has been my worry.

Follow me on Twitter - @BrendonWessels
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw