Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

More
1 week 4 days ago #101 by Crafty Cockney
Replied by Crafty Cockney on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
They're refusing, citing t and C's on abandonment. I'm in the process of highlighting the unfairness of the presented odds where this eventuality is not covered, seeing as there has been one 0-0 draw in the history of international rugby

It'll make no difference in sure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #102 by bradie82
Replied by bradie82 on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

Crafty Cockney wrote: They're refusing, citing t and C's on abandonment. I'm in the process of highlighting the unfairness of the presented odds where this eventuality is not covered, seeing as there has been one 0-0 draw in the history of international rugby

Had the chat with WH this morning and the guy was telling me that because the game did not start, it could not finish and therefore both games cancelled could not be considered as "finish 0-0"

More
1 week 4 days ago #103 by Crafty Cockney
Replied by Crafty Cockney on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
It's a joke. There has been no international 0-0 draws since 1964. None in the pro era.

More
1 week 4 days ago #104 by harry_rag
Replied by harry_rag on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

bradie82 wrote:

Crafty Cockney wrote: They're refusing, citing t and C's on abandonment. I'm in the process of highlighting the unfairness of the presented odds where this eventuality is not covered, seeing as there has been one 0-0 draw in the history of international rugby

Had the chat with WH this morning and the guy was telling me that because the game did not start, it could not finish and therefore both games cancelled could not be considered as "finish 0-0"

Got to say I agree with that and it's entirely what I'd expect (unfortunately, as I'm on "any match ending as a draw"). I agree that the 50/1 was rank bad value for any game to finish 0-0 but they would never have offered anything like that if it would have paid out on a cancelled game.

Not sure I'd take it as gospel but Lads and Skybet have confirmed that the cancelled games will have no bearing on tournament totals markets, so good news for unders betters and less so for those who went over. Had an email from SPIN saying that, in accordance with their rules, they will treat the games as 0-0 draws and nothing will be added to the totals for points and tries etc. But, out of fairness to buyers, they will re-book some bets at a lower price to reflect 2 fewer games being played. Not sure this will affect any of the markets I've played in.

On the subject of winning antepost bets not being settled until the end of the tournament, I think that may be the case with most, if not all, firms. So far, any of my winning or losing antepost bets are still showing as open.

More
1 week 4 days ago #105 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets
Sunbet are also yet to pay out on the over 3.5 red cards. It’s been a successful World Cup for me so far so I’m not fussed about chasing them for the cash, but still, can’t understand how they haven’t realised it’s not paid yet. Shouldn’t have to wait.

Twitter @southpawZA

More
6 days 5 hours ago #106 by harry_rag
Replied by harry_rag on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

The Vann wrote:

harry_rag wrote: If my SA book comes up with the spreads you listed earlier I will be buying the draw at 0.9.

Out of interest, did you get on this market. Intriguing (for a spreads nerd at least) to note that SPIN have classed the three cancelled games as 0-0 draws and added them to the running totals for drawn games and tryless matches but Spreadex clearly haven't counted them so far and are still showing draws as 0.

I'll be delighted in the unlikely event of Lads siding with the SPIN view!

More
6 days 4 hours ago #107 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Rugby World Cup 2019, All Pre-Tournament Bets

harry_rag wrote:

The Vann wrote:

harry_rag wrote: If my SA book comes up with the spreads you listed earlier I will be buying the draw at 0.9.

Out of interest, did you get on this market. Intriguing (for a spreads nerd at least) to note that SPIN have classed the three cancelled games as 0-0 draws and added them to the running totals for drawn games and tryless matches but Spreadex clearly haven't counted them so far and are still showing draws as 0.

I'll be delighted in the unlikely event of Lads siding with the SPIN view!

Sadly we only have one book left in SA offering spreads and they offered exactly NIL tournament spreads. I was on their site ten times a day until five minutes before the tournament kicked off to short my house, wife and both dogs on the total points market - just never happened. I hope Lads go with the flow and you make a mint.
Incidentally - There is no such thing as spread nerds - The correct terminology is Adrenaline Junkies.

The following user(s) said Thank You: harry_rag