Football Season 2019/20 Outrights and pre-season

More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by mackem
Football season almost upon us. I don't get involved in pre-season matches but turning attention to some outright markets. We can use this thread to take us up to the season starting so any bets, outrights or warm up matches are most welcome here.

Looking at putting an outright acca together but could be difficult as not all bookies have the same markets up right now.

Anyhow, lots of research to do as I'm rusty on transfer news with the exception of England League 1, outright preview here :cheer:

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/en...betting-preview.html

Title winners, Sunderland at 4/1, have seen that price at Hollywood and I think it was Sunbet as well, no rose tinted spectacles, I'm pretty confident

Will have something for English Premier League next as think I have found one there.

twitter: @goodforthegame
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by mackem
Next outright, EPL Top 6 Finish

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/en...ew-top-6-finish.html

Going with Leicester at 5/1

More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by mackem
Absa Premiership starts 3rd August, outright preview

goodforthegame.co.za/South-Africa-Footba...betting-preview.html

I'm giving Pirates another go, top price is 33/10 with Hollywoodbets (Pirates onto Sunderland to win League 1 a nice double I reckon)

Longer priced runners, Cape Town City at 12/1 and although I can't have them to win, Chiefs are too big at 14/1 imo. Haven't seen a top 3 finish market as yet.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4 by The Vann
EPL Outright
Arsenal are generally 5/1 to win EPL without Man C and Liverpool. I prefer this offering at WSB
Group 1
Team/Last season points/Odds
Tottenham (71) @ 12/10
Chelsea (72) @ 72
Man Utd (66) @ 28/10
Arsenal (70) @ 5/1
Chelsea last season were basically a one man outfit. Hazard started the season brilliantly and the went into a sulk because he could not force the transfer. This shows in that Chelsea scored 40 points in the first half of the season and 32 in the second. They now have an untested manager in Lampard and a ban on transfers until January. Man Utd have a manager with a track record which just happens to be crap. Pogba wants out - Sanchez is not going to find anyone to pay his wages and they will be playing Thursdays this season. Spurs are probably the pick from this group but I think Pochettino's reign is coming to an end. There are just too many wealthy clubs out there capable of making him an offer he can't refuse if their season starts poorly. I see this as a match bet Spurs v Arsenal and the odds on Arsenal are just too good for a side that lost by one point to Spurs last season
Arsenal to win group @ 5/1
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by The Vann.

More
4 years 8 months ago #5 by The Vann
I see Mackem has given us Leicester Top 6 for inclusion in acca's. For those who may be like me and take a series of acca's on the season here are some of my contenders.
Burnley played in the Europa League last season and Dyche insisted on playing Hart half the season. This resulted in Burnley earning 12 points in their first 19 matches and 28 in the next 19. As Top 10 last season was 52 points their second half of the season tally, if matched by the first would have seen them finish top half.
Burnley Top Half finish @ 7/1
EPL Top Goal Scorer.
Mane, Salah and Aubameyang finished level on 22 goals. Not sure why these odds are so long
Top goal scorer Aubameyang @ 27/4
Newcastle have replaced Benitez with Bruce. The fans are already in uproar. They have lost Perez and gone for the untried youngster Joelinton as opposed to say a proven scorer like the Swiss international Drmic bought by Norwich.
To be relegated
Newcastle @ 22/10
Of the promoted clubs I prefer Farke at Norwich with his previous experience at Dortmund (Their second string side). He has also bought well - see above and they did finish top of the Championship
Top Promoted club
Norwich @ 43/20

More
4 years 8 months ago #6 by The Vann
Acca across the English leagues
League 2
Top 3 Salford into
League 1
To be promoted Sunderland into
Championship
To be promoted Fulham into
EPL
Top promoted side Norwich
@ a very nice 75/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: landrews77

More
4 years 8 months ago #7 by The Vann
Treble for top three divisions in England
League 1
Win Sunderland into
Championship
To be promoted Fulham into
EPL
Finish in top 10 Burnley
@ a not too shoddy 108/1

More
4 years 8 months ago #8 by The Vann
Double for top two divisions in England
Championship
To be promoted Derby - Do like their manager - into
EPL
Top goal scorer
Aubameyang
@ an acceptable 47/1

More
4 years 8 months ago #9 by The Vann
EPL Schmuck's Outright
Books often put up bets to part suckers from their money. Sportingbet have a doozy. 20 EPL sides with caps - predict the winner @ 16/1 a pop. Nice - effectively a choice bet at 8/10. Even worse - when money starts coming in the odds on some teams shorten - but - no odds go out. To give you an idea of the suckers queuing up Man Utd at +19 have shortened to 11/1 - a side in disarray taking a stroll down memory lane in the manager stakes. Not dumb enough to spend money on this but am going to throw a few beers at
Liverpool +5 @ 14/1
Arsenal +23 @ 14/1
Leicester +33 @ 16/1
West Ham +38 @ 16/1
Norwich +52 @ 16/1
I could dine out for a week with my buddies if this comes home purely for the entertainment value. A bookmaker taken by a schmuck.