Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1

More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
Loads of rugby this weekend and I will be looking to put a very poor Currie Cup week 4 behind me.

Rugby Champs handicaps have been out for a while

Australia +10.5 v New Zealand
Argentina +7.5 v South Africa

Here are my Currie Cup handicap projections

WP -12.5 v Pumas
Sharks -1.5 v Cheetahs
Lions -7.5 v Bulls

Here is this week's video - trying a new platform as Google Hangouts has been axed by You Tube

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by southpaw
Looking forward to this weekends rugby, bets down so far -

NZ -10.5 @ 9/10
NZ outright RC @ 5/2
added NZ -5.5 2nd half cap @ 9/10

Clear dry conditions expected at a sell out. New ground, not sure a great home advantage for Aussies. Expecting this game to be played at a very fast pace.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Ruan Fourie, Tarka

More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by mackem
Use it or lose it, Monday night, live at 21:00

Brent Graham chats to @JudgeRugby, @unbiasedrugby and @HDiemont about week 3 of the Rugby Championship and they look at teams that could potentially surprise and make the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals in Japan,

If you wish to comment on the show whilst it is live please use this link to our Youtube channel

twitter: @goodforthegame
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarka

More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by Tarka
Does anyone here follow/have a punt on the Rugby5? I have a go if the pool is big enough, but the pool's been very small of late. More than 8k of carryovers which just never gets added onto the next week or so. I've phoned and emailed them on numerous occasions, but never any feedback.

More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
I remember talking about it on the Telly Track show when it was launched but I never took to it - if I recall the draw was a selection on its own which never made sense to me

More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by Tarka

Brent Graham wrote: I remember talking about it on the Telly Track show when it was launched but I never took to it - if I recall the draw was a selection on its own which never made sense to me

They've changed that now. Option 3 is a draw or either side to win by 4 or less points.

More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by mackem
Some early Currie Cup handicaps from WSB

WP -13.5 v Pumas
Sharks +3.5 v Cheetahs
Lions -7.5 v Bulls

Thoughts welcome

More
4 years 7 months ago #8 by mackem
Currie Cup Outright best Book

Free State Cheetahs 2/1 Hollywood

Golden Lions 9/2 Sunbet, BetXchange

Western Province 9/2 WSB

Sharks 7/1 BetXchange

Griquas 10/1 Hollywood

Blue Bulls 18/1 WSB

Pumas 100/1 Hollywood

More
4 years 7 months ago #9 by Tarka
Two bets for me this weekend:
1. All Blacks -19.5 at 2to1 (WSB). The death of Brian Lahore couldn't have come on a worst time for the Aussies.
2. All Blacks -10.5 onto WP -13.5 (first currie cup bet for me) comes to 5to2 (WSB).

Will take a bigger handicap on WP if WSB offers it closer to game time. I predict them to win by 25 and more. Undecided on the SA vs ARG game (will go SA on the handicap if pressed for a prediction). Not interested in the other Currie Cup games.

More
4 years 7 months ago #10 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
Any of our forum posters or viewers well versed on Mitre10 Cup? Would be great to have your input on Thursday nights show - drop me a mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or tweet me @BrentGraham

More
4 years 7 months ago #11 by Brent Graham
Decided to get the Australia v New Zealand preview done early as I suspect the cap may shift come Saturday

More
4 years 7 months ago #12 by mackem
Currie Cup preview, WP v Pumas on Friday afternoon

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/wes...betting-preview.html

2.5 units, Half time handicap WP -6.5 points 10/13 Sunbet, (Unit scale 1-5)

Currie Cup preview, Sharks v Cheetahs Saturday afternoon

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/sha...betting-preview.html

3 units, Sharks +5.5 points 10/11 Sunbet

More
4 years 7 months ago #13 by Pierrebal
Onto the Mitre10 and cannot wait and also in no small part to Dave’s excellent summaries!

Have to vent first, I see from SuperSport’s schedule for the next two weeks we will only get two games a week. In the past we had the early Saturday and Sunday matches at least. Hopefully it changes later on.

Southland v Northland, for me always the two worst sides, rainy weather in Invercargill and an interesting stat from last years first round - first round last year averaged 42 points. Only after that it picked-up.

As this is probably Southland’s best shot at a win and at home I’ve had a solid strike at under 49 points with WSB.

First week is always tricky but I think I’ll be going unders on everything 49 and over this weekend.

Follow me on @kilianpierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie

More
4 years 7 months ago #14 by threepeat

Pierrebal wrote: Onto the Mitre10 and cannot wait and also in no small part to Dave’s excellent summaries!

Have to vent first, I see from SuperSport’s schedule for the next two weeks we will only get two games a week. In the past we had the early Saturday and Sunday matches at least. Hopefully it changes later on.

Southland v Northland, for me always the two worst sides, rainy weather in Invercargill and an interesting stat from last years first round - first round last year averaged 42 points. Only after that it picked-up.

As this is probably Southland’s best shot at a win and at home I’ve had a solid strike at under 49 points with WSB.

First week is always tricky but I think I’ll be going unders on everything 49 and over this weekend.

Hi Pierre,

Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill covered in snow a week from hosting the first Mitre 10 Cup game. Photo / Facebook. You can find on nzherald.com

Points option not offered on tab nz yet. Take all you can get under 49 on this game. Snow is severe and more to come.

Cheers 3P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, Brad Breath, Kirky

More
4 years 7 months ago #15 by Pierrebal
Excellent, thanks. Have loaded up!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #16 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
Rain on the forecasts I've looked at, but either way will be grim conditions, joining on the under 49.5

Like 3Peats Tasman call, have also jumped on them to win the Premiership @ 4.5
They have a powerful squad and think their price is too big.

Lastly also on the ABs -10, expecting them to unleash

Edit: Just seen Dave's post on other thread re Mitre 10 outright - his reasoning is rather more considered than mine, lol
Up the Mako!!

And just seen likely Aus team with no Genia, O'Connor at 13 and Latu at hooker.
Can see the cap going out to -14 or -15
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Brad Breath. Reason: Updated info

More
4 years 7 months ago #17 by hanrick
Also on under 49.5 points at 0.87/1 in the Southland vs Northland game

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 7 months ago #18 by BookieDave
Replied by BookieDave on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
Sheesh! I need a World Sports Betting Account....u49.5 is a dead set TAP IN.

More
4 years 7 months ago #19 by mackem
Thursday night live from 21:00 The Handicap,

If you wish to comment on the show whilst it live please use this link to our Youtube channel

More
4 years 7 months ago #20 by Kirky

Pierrebal wrote: Onto the Mitre10 and cannot wait and also in no small part to Dave’s excellent summaries!

Have taken this and Hanrick's advice for my first ever unders bet, with a few all on's too.
But, no game coverage on supersport this morning !
Does anyone know where we can find live coverage over the internet ? Sunbet do cover the game live, but no visuals.
This is my final straw to cancel our DSTV subscription. It was only SuperRugby and Mitre 10 that's kept me spending R900/month on the absolute rubbish that they dish us every night. Netflix here we come.
But please guys, if you have anywhere on the net that provides live coverage, much appreciated.
cheers and good betting.

More
4 years 7 months ago #21 by hanrick
Kirky, you will be able to stream the game on vipbox.tv

More
4 years 7 months ago #22 by bradie82
Cut moved from 49.5 to 44.5 on bet365 but looking at the forecast, it does not seem to rain at all and no more snow on the ground so indeed humid but not sure if that huge drop makes that much sense.
Still think 49.5 is too high between those 2 teams + humidity so have taken

Under 24.5 HT @ 1.85
Under 49 @ Evens
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 7 months ago #23 by mackem
Brent's preview of Argentina v Boks

goodforthegame.co.za/Rugby-Championship/...betting-preview.html

3 units SA -5.5 at 9/10 at Betxchange (Unit Scale 1-10)

More
4 years 7 months ago #24 by BookieDave
Replied by BookieDave on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
Waikato have a HEAP of injuries....this line WILL start 10 or 11...Take Canterbury minus while you can!

More
4 years 7 months ago #25 by Thrasher6
Phew....

More
4 years 7 months ago #26 by Pierrebal
Those last minutes killed me. I thought it was done with that penalty at the end for the bonus point and then they went for the try. Luckily poor execution!

More
4 years 7 months ago #27 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
My Currie Cup double for this weekend:

Pumas +15.5 / Lions -7.5
- People must have been watching other Pumas games than me, they have really impressed, apart from lineouts last week, and can count themselves very unlucky against TMO's who clearly have a drinking problem. WP does look good as well but that margin is way too massive.
- Less certain on this one but Lions look good....after the halftime whistle. Basing this one also more on how absolutely terrible Bulls have been looking. You'd think they would want to rally after a loss, but they never seem to.

Good luck all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 7 months ago #28 by mackem
Golden Lions v Blue Bulls preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/gol...betting-preview.html

1.5 units Lions win by 1-12 points 15/8 Sunbet

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
4 years 7 months ago #29 by Kirky

hanrick wrote: Kirky, you will be able to stream the game on vipbox.tv

Thanks Hanrick, I tried but the site started to install all sorts of stuff on my PC, and because my whole life is on the PC with no backups, I chickened out and aborted.
But then I thought: wonder if I can find the site on the smart TV, and viola, in business :-)
So, big screen sport, and I'm cancelling DSTV.
Thanks again , Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
4 years 7 months ago #30 by BookieDave
Can you believe in 2019 teams are still taking a tap when a bonus point is FREE by kicking the penalty! IDIOTS!

• Wies Bang
4 years 7 months ago #31 by Wies Bang

Kirky wrote:

Thanks Hanrick, I tried but the site started to install all sorts of stuff on my PC, and because my whole life is on the PC with no backups, I chickened out and aborted.
But then I thought: wonder if I can find the site on the smart TV, and viola, in business :-)
Thanks again , Cheers.

Does this cover all the Mitre 10 cup games?No hidden cost?Just need good internet connection??

Would be awesome

More
4 years 7 months ago #32 by hanrick

Wies Bang wrote:

Kirky wrote:

Thanks again , Cheers.

Does this cover all the Mitre 10 cup games?No hidden cost?Just need good internet connection??

Would be awesome

Yes, all Mitre10 Cup games and Currie Cup games and other rugby on there. Cost nothing and no need to sign up. Couldn't get the Pacific Nations cup on there last weekend, but with a bit of searching I eventually found another stream for the Pacific Nations Cup.

• Wies Bang
4 years 7 months ago #33 by Wies Bang

hanrick wrote:

Wies Bang wrote:

Kirky wrote:

Thanks again , Cheers.

Would be awesome

Yes, all Mitre10 Cup games and Currie Cup games and other rugby on there. Cost nothing and no need to sign up. Couldn't get the Pacific Nations cup on there last weekend, but with a bit of searching I eventually found another stream for the Pacific Nations Cup.

Thanks Hanrick , i used Youtube(for PNC) last week.Works perfectly well.

More
4 years 7 months ago #34 by BookieDave
Hey lads,

Love Harbour +8.5 v Auckland. No Tuipolutu, Scrafton, Papali'i, Ioane, Manu and Trainor has shifted my line a heap.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35 by Kirky
I'm watching last nite's 'The Handicap' and have an opinion on the Mounga/Barret combination.
Over and above the fact that Richie is too valuable a player to have off-field, every 4-5 years the All Blacks step the game up a notch, which puts them in a category above all other teams. This is why they've been the worlds best rugby team for the past 20 - 30 - 40 - more years, THE team to beat.
This having 2 X-factor play-makers on-field simultaneously is them doing exactly that again, just before WC. It multiplies their available tactical plays, which they've had 20 of for the past 5-6 years by double, just as everyone else thought they were finally getting on parity with the ABs: BANG - they double their play options.
IMHO they're going to walk the WC. They'll arrive there in another league, just like they do every time.
Just an opinion.
Good betting guys, cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
4 years 7 months ago #36 by Brent Graham
Got a message from Dave that it is raining in Auckland - under 45.5 at WSB the best around and have hopped on

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, slaterj

More
4 years 7 months ago #37 by slaterj
Line has just been nipped down to 43.5 Brent at bet365 would you still get on?

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #38 by Thrasher6
I have...but it's getting low....might get out at some point

Edit: It was too low...and I couldn't get out...typical. Scoring for fun....
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Thrasher6.

More
4 years 7 months ago #39 by slaterj
21 points after 21 minutes and its bucketing down.. Sod's Law! :(

More
4 years 7 months ago #40 by Brent Graham
Yip look dead here - amazing hands

More
4 years 7 months ago #41 by mackem
Couch Critic's preview of Rugby Championship Round 3

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

More
4 years 7 months ago #42 by Brent Graham
Unbelievable I just went u56.5 and was coming on to post and then Auckland concede the most ridiculous try - the defence in this game is non existent

More
4 years 7 months ago #43 by Thrasher6
A complete joke of a game defensively....in these conditions

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #44 by slaterj

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Awful isn't it? first 5 or 6 minutes i wasn't feeling too bad and then a blitz of points in about 10 minutes and agreed.

Both these sides have no interest in the defence game. Who cares if it is raining lets play like it's the NBA
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by slaterj.

More
4 years 7 months ago #45 by mackem
Couch Critic's Currie Cup Round 5 preview and picks inc tryscorers

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

More
4 years 7 months ago #46 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby Champs wk 3, Currie Cup wk 5 + Mitre10 wk 1
England v Wales

Like the Wales team, all but full strength.

Few 'experimantations' in the England lineup.

Wales +7 @ evens, grab it while you can....

More
4 years 7 months ago #47 by BookieDave
Get on BAY OF PLENTY!!! Otago have a winger playing #10 and a heap of injuries... BOP have Nathan Harris, Mitch Karpik, Chase Tiatia...Otago wont be able to keep their backs from scoring...

BOP +0.5... wont last long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
4 years 7 months ago #48 by Brad Breath

Brad Breath wrote: England v Wales

Like the Wales team, all but full strength.

Few 'experimantations' in the England lineup.

Wales +7 @ evens, grab it while you can....

Added Wales to win the game @ 3.10

More
4 years 7 months ago #49 by bradie82
First Currie Cup i m gonna be able to watch this year so going with

over 59.5 @ 1.75 - expecting a very open game

probably more live bet to follow

More
4 years 7 months ago #50 by Brent Graham
wp over 5.5 tries at 17/20