Currie Cup Week 7, Mitre 10 Cup Week 3, Internationals + other

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
The Griquas dream is still alive and they top the log going into the final round of fixtures - hopefully we are all going to Kimberley in 3 weeks time.

Well done to the lads who cleaned up on the Mitre 10 Cup this past weekend and look forward to hitting the bookies hard this week

Here are my projected Currie Cup handicaps for week 7 and the video recap of round 6

Griquas -3.5 v Lions
Free State -7.5 v WP
Bulls -5.5 v Sharks

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mackem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by BookieDave
Some "Interesting" lines this week ;)

SPORTSBET/NZTAB

HB -3.5
Otago

Wellington +1.0
Canterbury

Tasman -24.5
Manawatu

Auckland -12.5
BOP

Counties -1.5
Waikato

Taranaki -14.5
Northland

Southland +20.5
Harbour

More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by threepeat
All Blacks released into Mitre 10 Week 3

Brad Weber (Hawke's Bay) and Liam Coltman and Josh Ioane (Otago) for their match at McLean Park, Napier, on Thursday 22 August.

Vaea Fifita (Wellington) and Braydon Ennor (Canterbury) for their match at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, on Friday 23 August.

Atu Moli (Tasman) and Jackson Hemopo (Manawatu) for their match at Lansdowne Park, Blenheim, on Saturday 24 August.

Rieko Ioane for Auckland vs Bay of Plenty, Eden Park, Auckland, Saturday 24 August.

Luke Jacobson for Waikato vs Counties Manukau, Navigation Homes Stadium, Pukekohe, Saturday 24 August.

The All Blacks squad for the Rugby World Cup is named on August 28 and takes on Tonga in Hamilton on September 7 before flying out to Japan.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #4 by threepeat
MITRE 10 CUP WEEK 3

It has been a great punting week, with good pickings all round in the Mitre 10 Cup.

Here is this weeks 3P early best bet in the Mitre 10 Cup. It is the Friday game, Wellington v Canterbury, picking Canterbury -1.5 @ $1.87. Level of confidence 8 out of 10.

Canterbury are 0-2 so far this season, and are due to fire. Good enough to hold probable Mitre 10 Cup winners Tasman to 8-23

Joe Maddock is not my favourite Coach. In fact he leaves at the end of the season to be assistant coach to Todd Blackadder at Toshiba in Japan. Canterbury is a pathway to coaching the Crusaders and Joe does not have the goods. Hence he is leaving, and his choice of boss says it all lol. Canterbury/ Crusader rugby systems still in place and will carry the team to an ok season, and a win here.

Braydon Ennor has been released from the AB's for the week, he will be in the run on fifteen and should have a blinder. Worthy choice if you like the any time try scorer option.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by threepeat. Reason: Added Level of Confidence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #5 by bradie82
The Top 14 is back this week end and here are the first caps

Agen +4.5 vs Toulon
Castres -5.5 vs Montpellier
Lyon -7.5 vs Stade Francais
Pau -9.5 vs Brive
Racing -18.5 vs Bayonne
Bordeaux -3.5 vs Toulouse
Clermont -9.5 vs La Rochelle

Tricky to place any early bet and even later on, not sure I ll make any move as too many players missing due to the World Cup but few points to be raised

• Racing is having a fly half issue – Volavola and Russell are both out for the world cup while Trin-Duc just broke his arm which mean the only available fly half is the young Gibert so could be an issue – the handicap is quite high but Bayonne never played in the Arena and not sure what is their level
• Toulouse is without its backline with Huget, Guitoune, Medard, Ramos, Dupont, Ntamack and Kolbe and has an issue with hooker with Marchand out, Ghiraldini and Mauvaka at the world cup
• Toulon has quite few players out for the WC ( Anthony Belleau, Eben Etzebeth, Beka Gigashvili, Facundo Isa, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Charles Ollivon, Sergio Parisse, Baptiste Serin, Emerick Setiano, Romain Taofifenua) and few players injured ( Brian Alainu’uese, Anthony Etrillard, Bryce Heem, Anthony Meric, Julien Ory, Marcel Van Der Merwe & Gabin Villiere) so the backline seems a bit weak for this first game and the under could be a good move.
• Clermont is missing a dozen of players so the La Rochelle cap could be a good early move and the over could interesting

Once I have more information, I ll share.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by bradie82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, BookieDave

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #6 by BookieDave
Hey all, was a good week last week with both BOP and Otago getting up.....Here are my thoughts for this week!

Hawkes Bay +0.79 v Otago (Market -3.5)
-I like Otago here, there were not that impressive last week, but man did they blow some chances. The will get back Ioane who will be a MASSIVE upgrade from Koroi who will shift to the wing and force Purdy/Haugh out. They also welcome back Coltman, again who will be a big upgrade from Pole. On the other hand the bay get back Weber who will add a heap to their attack also.
BET: Otago +3.5 SMALL

Wellington -1.50 v Canterbury (Market +1.5)
-Wellington have been less than impressive over the 1st 2 rounds, is it because Tasman are amazing and potentially Hawkes Bay are better than most think (Including me!)....Im still not sure. Fifita and Ennor come back for both teams. Ennor is probably worth more as Canterbury have struggled to score points.
BET: Even though I have Wellington slight faves, im staying away here.

Tasman -27.71 v Manawatu (Market -24.5)
-Tasman are really good, Manawatu STINK. Hemopo will help a bit for the Turbos, while they dont need help, Moli will bolster the front row.
BET: Tasman -24.5 SMALL

Auckland -8.22 v BOP (Market -12.5)
-Rieko is back for Auckland, which is a big in...but their wingers have been playing well and lets be honest, Rieko has not been. BOP dont get anyone, but they dont need it. They have been super impressive, and for me +12.5 is way to big.
BET: BOP +12.5 MEDIUM

Counties +0.31 v Waikato (Market Pick, or CHOICE like you saffas say)
-Really tough one to cap here, both teams have been pretty patchy. Luke Jacobson comes back for Waikato which is big.
BET: No bet

Taranaki -10.83 v Northland (Market -14.5)
-Man, I really dont what to back Northland, but my numbers tell me I have to. Northland were horrid last week, gave away some really soft tries. Taranaki havnt been that good either. This game will tell us where both these teams are at
BET: Northland +14.5 SMALL

Southland +13.15 v Harbour (Market +20.5)
-This line is flat out wrong. Harbour apart from a half against Auckland have been pretty average and I actually think Southland have been plucky.
BET: Southland +20.5 LARGE!

OUTRIGHT PRICES to 100%
PREMIERSHIP
Tasman $1.79
Auckland $4.48
Canterbury $10.52
Wellington $13.12 ---Back $26
Harbour $31.55
Waikato $123.47
Counties $123.47

CHAMPIONSHIP
Taranaki $2.37
BOP $3.12
Otago $7.53 - BACK $15
Hawkes Bay $11.43
Northland $40.49
Manawatu $78.13
Southland $9999

Good luck!
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BookieDave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
4 years 8 months ago #7 by hanrick
Nice thoughts on the Mitre10 Cup, Dave. I love the Mitre10 Cup and have done well again for the 1st 2 weeks.

Auckland have been impressive in their 1st two games, apart from the 2nd half against Harbour, but I like Bay of Plenty strong on the +12.5. I wouldn't be surprised if BOP win this game. They have been very impressive.

Laughable that Taranaki is the favourites for the Championship. That's only because they were in the Premiership last year. For me it's between Bay of Plenty and Otago and I think BOP will win it.

In the Premiership it's a one horse race and if you've got money lying around that you can tie up for two months, take the 80% interest on Tasman.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 8 months ago #8 by bradie82
Adding few info on the top 14

• Toulouse last available hooker is not injured for a while. Visagie is supposed to arrive but the Federation did not deliver the release letter yet. Takeshi Hino that was tested recently should sign and could be available this week end but nothing official yet which mean Toulouse could be playing with 2 under 20 players
• Racing Metro centre Vakatawa is now been included in the French squad for the World cup (hallelujah the best centre is selected) and therefore won’t be available this week end

More
4 years 8 months ago #9 by RuggaBugga
Boys the Mitre 10 Cup tipping has been sensational. Lovely Jubblies Fellás!

KEEP IT ROLLING!!!

On the BOP train this week ...

Scared money dont make money! BOOM!

More
4 years 8 months ago #10 by Brent Graham
Join us live in 10 minutes lads - talking Bok squad and RWC chances of the Rugby Championship teams

More
4 years 8 months ago #11 by Tarka
Having a go at the 11to2 available on WP to lift the Cup. John Dobson said on Superrugby tonight that he will rush the released Springboks straight into the starting line up.

More
4 years 8 months ago #12 by threepeat
MITRE 10 WEEK 3

Hawkes Bay v Otago
Brad Weber is back from AB camp, chomping at the bit, and needs a great game to be on the plane to Japan. Josh Ioane makes a big difference, but will not make the plane to Japan. Cannot overturn the 50 - 7 east coast drubbing they took from BOP two weeks ago. Weber to score an anytime try. Also good to see 37 year old former AB Adam Thompson recovered from a debilitating spinal infection and still able to make a big difference at Mitre 10 Cup level. Low confidence due to new combinations.
BET: Hawkes Bay HTH @ $1.64 3 of 10

Wellington v Canterbury
3P Best early bet (refer thread).
BET: Canterbury -1.5 @ $ 1.87 8 of 10

Tasman v Manawatu
Tasman will take opportunity to rotate against a weak Turbo Team. Need to wait on team list due to high line of -24.5
BET: On hold

Auckland v BOP
Defending Champions at home. Welcome to Eden Park BOP punters. Seriously BOP has not played a top premiership team yet, and will get a big reminder this weekend. Think Auckland will go -12.5 but taking the easier bet.
BET: Auckland -6.5 @ $1.50 7of 10

Counties v Waikato
Bookies have got this one right
BET: Waikato HTH 1 of 10

Taranaki v Northland
Taranaki at home far too good for Taniwhai
BET: Taranaki -12.5 @1.78 6 of 10

Southland v Harbour
This will be loss # 24 in a row for Southland! Coached by a prop. No chance.
BET: North Harbour -13.5 @$1.43 7 of 10

5 x MULTI Hawkes Bay HTH, Canterbury HTH, Auckland -6.5, Taranaki -12.5, North Harbour -13.5
= 10.51 multiplier
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham, Kirky, BookieDave

More
4 years 8 months ago #13 by mackem
Currie Cup outright best book as at time of this post

Cheetahs 21/10 Betway
Griquas 42/10 Betway
Golden Lions 47/10 Betway
Western Province 5/1 WSB
Sharks 5/1 WSB
Blue Bulls 16/1 WSB

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 8 months ago #14 by BookieDave
I dont think we agree on anything haha...Hopefully one of us goes 5-0 and the other 0-5...that way someone at least cleans up!!

A lot will change with teams....good luck sir!
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 8 months ago #15 by BookieDave
I updated a few team rankings, due to it being a short season its always hard for a Sim to catch up with teams in such a short space of time.

Anyway, a few decent changes.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham

More
4 years 8 months ago #16 by bradie82
Currie Cup caps are out

Griquas -2.5 v Lions
Free State -2.5 v WP
Bulls +1.5 v Sharks

I like the Griquas ML @ 1.67 and Cheetahs ML @1.71 so far
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 8 months ago #17 by mackem
Griquas v Golden Lions preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/gri...betting-preview.html

My play, 2 units Either team wins by 7 or Less (incl. Draw) 14/10 at Sunbet.

More
4 years 8 months ago #18 by mackem
Cheetahs v Western Province preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/fre...betting-preview.html

2 units WP to win by 1-12 points inclusive, 23/10 with Sunbet

More
4 years 8 months ago #19 by threepeat

BookieDave wrote: I dont think we agree on anything haha...Hopefully one of us goes 5-0 and the other 0-5...that way someone at least cleans up!!

A lot will change with teams....good luck sir!

Hi M8, or in the words of your great countryman, Dennis Lillee, "I can see why you are batting so badly, you’ve got some shit on the end of your bat” LOL

Seriously we need to be more united and help our good friends in the SA Rugby Punting Community. Maybe you missed my offer to co-pick this week on the Currie 6 thread.

We need to help our friend Brent out with his Mitre 10 picks as I believe he only likes to follow winners.

I am interested in your computer formula. However it seems to have gone wrong this week.

Confirming Hawkes Bay to kick ass tonight. Otago did look good last week, but they were playing the Stags! Their coach, Ben Herring is a dead duck, having already announced he is leaving.

Confirming Auckland to smack division 2 team BOP. Count the super caps m8, Auckland can field an entire team of Super players, plus they have the biggest pool of young players by far, and the youngsters are staying because they have a winning coaching team.

Entertainment only bet is Brad Weber to score first try at 14 - 1.

Cheers 3P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 8 months ago #20 by Quill
Taking a double @2.42

Hawke's Bay @1.78 + Parramatta Eels @1.36 (Rugby League: Parramatta Eels vs Canterbury Bulldogs)

Also, Hawke's Bay over 3.5 tries @1.62

More
4 years 8 months ago #21 by mackem
Blue Bulls v Sharks preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/blu...betting-preview.html

I'm battling with this one; 1 unit, HT/FT Bulls/Sharks 13/2 Sunbet

The Handicap live at 21:00 on Thursday night will make worthwhile viewing for sure

If you wish to comment on the show whilst is live, please use this link to our Youtube channel

More
4 years 8 months ago #22 by BookieDave
Nice work on HB 3P ;) Thought Otago were going to stuff you at the end!

My new line for Wellington is -2.46, with a total of 55.5...

Couple of bets for me tonight...

Wellington +2.5
Wellington o24.5
Over 52.5

More
4 years 8 months ago #23 by Brent Graham
Canterbury o26.5 points at 17/20 Sunbet

More
4 years 8 months ago #24 by hanrick

Brent Graham wrote: Canterbury o26.5 points at 17/20 Sunbet

Like this Brent. Have followed. Also on Canterbury -1.5

More
4 years 8 months ago #25 by BookieDave
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AUSTRALIAN 3P!!!!!!!!!!

Im full blown kiwi mate!!!! :P

More
4 years 8 months ago #26 by Kirky
Dave,
Maybe his point had more to do with the shit on the end of your bat ? :-)

More
4 years 8 months ago #27 by Quill
Canterbury over 27.5 points @1.87
Canterbury over 3.5 tries @1.75

More
4 years 8 months ago #28 by BookieDave
FINAL LINES AFTER TEAMS

Tasman -26.30 v Manawatu
-Tasman are missing Aumua, Leicester F, Makalio..Their replacments are no where as good, Decent bench though. Manawatu get Hemopo (Already factored in)...They are without Rob Thompson, but he was out last week also....With all this taken into account my new line come in a fraction.
BET: Small bet on +29.5

Auckland -13.81 v BOP
-HUGE line move here, I now actually like the Minus @ -10.5...Some huge ins for Auckland with Abel, Gibson and obviously Reiko while BOP have "Rested" or they are injured Vella, Weber, Fuatai, Matenga and Geldenhuys, and also swapped around their backline. Im not sure Rugby teams are this smart, but if they are I LOVE this move by the BOP....Giving some blokes a rest against the Premiership teams, if they lose obviously it has an impact, but at least its not to a rival Championship team.
BET: Medium bet on -10.5

Counties +2.34 v Waikato
-Couple of decent ins for Waikato hence the slight move.
BET; NOT BET

Taranaki -11.24 v Northland
-Waisake is back which will help their attack. Northland changed back to what help them beat Southland with Debre at 10 and Gregory back to fullback.
BET: Northland +14.5

Chur
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, Kirky

More
4 years 8 months ago #29 by BookieDave
BIG LATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaea Fifita is OUT!....Moves my line close to pick.

Back Canterbury AGAIN if you like them
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
4 years 8 months ago #30 by BookieDave
Don't mock it until you try it mate ;)

More
4 years 8 months ago #31 by BookieDave
No idea how Wellington didnt score again!

More
4 years 8 months ago #32 by mackem
Couch Critic's plays inc tryscorer specials for Currie Cup Round 7 in this preview

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

More
4 years 8 months ago #33 by Brad Breath
Away this weekend so won't get to watch much, but a few bets

Auckland v BOP
Auckland -10, which I see is melting, get on ASAP if you fancy them

Tasman v Manawatu
Got on -24 early, happy with that despite slightly weaker Tasman lineup. They'll destroy the Turbos pack.

England v Ireland
England -6
Smaller play England 13+ @ 2.75
Twickenham factor and expect them to have much more continuity than the Irish. Schmidt's teams are often rusty in their 1st game of the season.

Scotland v France
France +3
France away from home are a completely different kettle of fish, but they impressed me last week.
Jocks made a load of changes - an arguably stronger team, but French look fit and powerful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookieDave

More
4 years 7 months ago #34 by hanrick
Bay of Plenty +14.5 at17/20

More
4 years 7 months ago #35 by threepeat
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

hanrick wrote: Nice thoughts on the Mitre10 Cup, Dave. I love the Mitre10 Cup and have done well again for the 1st 2 weeks.

Auckland have been impressive in their 1st two games, apart from the 2nd half against Harbour, but I like Bay of Plenty strong on the +12.5. I wouldn't be surprised if BOP win this game. They have been very impressive.

Laughable that Taranaki is the favourites for the Championship. That's only because they were in the Premiership last year. For me it's between Bay of Plenty and Otago and I think BOP will win it.

In the Premiership it's a one horse race and if you've got money lying around that you can tie up for two months, take the 80% interest on Tasman.

Auckland v Bay of Plenty
Saturday 24 August, 5.05pm, Eden Park, Auckland. TICKETS
Played: 63 (1912-2017)
Won: Auckland 51, Bay of Plenty 12.
Last match: Auckland 38, Bay of Plenty 19 (30 September 2017)
Referee: Brendon Pickeril

TEAMS:
Auckland: 1: Alex Hodgman 2: Robbie Abel 3: Marcel Renata 4: Jamie Lane 5: Jack Whetton 6: Dalton Papalii 7: Blake Gibson 8: Hoskins Sotutu 9: Jonathan Ruru 10: D’Angelo Leuila 11: Reiko Ioane 12: TJ Faiane 13: Tenielu Tele’a 14: Caleb Clarke 15: Salesi Rayasi
RESERVES: Leni Apisai, Jarred Adams, Taniela Koroi, Peter-Chanel Tagaloa, Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa, Danny Tusitala, Daniel Kirkpatrick, Kurt Heatherley

Bay of Plenty: 1: Aidan Ross 2: Nathan Harris 3: Jeff Thwaites 4: Aaron Carroll 5: Alex Ainley 6: Hugh Blake 7: Mitchell Karpik 8: Abraham Papali’i 9: Richard Judd 10: Jason Robertson 11: Pryor Collier 12: Dan Hollinshead 13: Mathew Skipwith-Garland 14: Emoni Narawa 15: Chase Tiatia
RESERVES: Kurt Eklund, Tom McHugh, Mafileo Tevita, Baden Wardlaw, Ajay Lafaele-Mua, Leroy Carter, Lalomilo Lalomilo, Joseva Ravouvou

I see Harry Plummer not in the line up. Lucky Leuila has played a few internationals for Samoa!
Caleb Clarke and Salesi Rayasi have just been released from their respective Super Teams, Blues & Hurricanes for the Tokyo Olympics. Coach wanted some speed! Oh I see the fastest ALL Black Ioane on the left wing with something to prove. Ruru, Faiane and Tele'a all Blues Players.
Akira Ioane still rested but not needed, with all the Super Players in the pack. This is a no contest, despite good first two rounds by BOP. Have taken Auckland -6,5 early and now adding - 12.5 and a nibble on an eveh bigger win. Tasman v Manawatu was 64 -3!

Tasman are favourites to take out the Mitre 10 Cup, but do not write off the defending champions, they are very much contenders.

There is a big gap between top four Mitre 10 Premiership Teams and the rest.

Taranaki are favourites to take out the Championship and only BOP good enough to stop their return to the Premiership.
Week 5 will see Taranaki dispatch Otago in Dunedin and take home the prized Ranfurly Shield.

Cheers 3P
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick

More
4 years 7 months ago #36 by hanrick
Counties to win the game at even money

More
4 years 7 months ago #37 by southpaw
Morning all,

Scotland were so bad last week but back at home with a game under their belt and first choice players back, in expecting a much improved performance and think a fast start from them is on the cards.

Perfect conditions expected, good overs ref in Barnes.

Scotland over 10.5 1st half points my main bet.

Might also take the overs ft points @ 22.5 but undecided.

England v Ireland will be a hot day at twickenham should suit points but both defences good. Might still go overs anyway but leaning towards England points around 24/25.

More
4 years 7 months ago #38 by catsmug
My Currie Cup play for the weekend Cheetahs to dispose of the mountain goats. WP deserve to go out, with the players at their disposal they should have cruised. Kak coach.

Double into the Bulls who are just as kak as WP but I feel they will upset the guppies to avoid the wooden spoon title.

Treble into the mighty Lions just because I'm a *unt.

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too

More
4 years 7 months ago #39 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: Morning all,

Scotland were so bad last week but back at home with a game under their belt and first choice players back, in expecting a much improved performance and think a fast start from them is on the cards.

Perfect conditions expected, good overs ref in Barnes.

Scotland over 10.5 1st half points my main bet.

Might also take the overs ft points @ 22.5 but undecided.

England v Ireland will be a hot day at twickenham should suit points but both defences good. Might still go overs anyway but leaning towards England points around 24/25.

added England over 12.5 1st half and England over 25.5, both 9/10

More
4 years 7 months ago #40 by hanrick
Griquas over 30.5 points at 9/10. Big strike on Griquas -2.5 at 9/10.

Fancy Cheetahs and Sharks in other two games. Yet to place bets.

More
4 years 7 months ago #41 by southpaw
Scotland let me down there on ht points, need England to fire here to get day back on track.

More
4 years 7 months ago #42 by catsmug
Um can I say well played Lions?? Lmao. Cmon Cheetahs cmon Bulls

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too

More
4 years 7 months ago #43 by slaterj
This Free State Province game is the best ding dong i have seen so far in this years Currie Cup.. what a game!

More
4 years 7 months ago #44 by Brent Graham
Finally back in front of the TV - over 7.5 tries at 17/20

The following user(s) said Thank You: slaterj

More
4 years 7 months ago #45 by BookieDave
My ass hurts after that Southland +20.5 beat. #NOLUBE

More
4 years 7 months ago #46 by BDub
Im in the same boat Dave. Griquas was rough then had a 3/1 BIP on Australia to win the 3rd test. When the luck isn't there :(

Follow me on Twitter - @BrendonWessels