NFL Week 2

More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by MrMeeseeks86
NFL Week 2 was created by MrMeeseeks86
Have taken quite a few. Here are my bets for Week 2:

Lions v Chargers

HT/FT Chargers at 2.50 - Chargers still have a lot of injuries but I still don't see them losing against the Lions. -1.5 is also available for those interested but I'm taking ht/ft for a better price since I think they'll be in control for most of it.

Packers v Vikings

ML Vikings at 2.20 - Strong on the Vikings this year and they looked brilliant last week against the Falcons. Bit of a pick'em but I like the vibe the team has, they seem really pumped up which I don't know how much stock everyone puts into it but it's good enough for me to take them at a good price.

Redskins v Cowboys

Cowboys -6 at 1.94 - Cowboys are looking good and Redskins blowing a substantial lead against the Eagles (much weaker defense, Cowboys ranked 7th last year) makes this one feel pretty solid.

Raiders v Chiefs

Chiefs -6.5 at 1.84 - Patrick Mahomes.

Rams v Saints

ML Saints at 2.07 - I'm pretty strong on Saints this year, also have an outright on team reaching the final. Even though I'm a Rams fan I think the 'revenge game' factor and getting that price on a Saints team is pretty decent. A bit of a pick'em still though.

Falcons v Eagles

ML Falcons at 2.07 - This might be following a trend but I heard a pretty crazy stat of teams who are 0-1 in week 2 and are home underdogs ATS are 24-8. With a spread of 6 or less it's been 20-5. And having it at under 3 I'm just picking Falcons outright. Eagles defense looks shaky and Matt Ryan is a solid QB.

Jets v Browns

Browns -6.5 - Browns will bounce back after week 1 loss and Jets have a few critical injuries including QB Darnold and MLB Mosley.

Giants v Bills

ML Giants at 2.12 - Giants have a few injuries so fair warning on this one. I think a nice price build-up happened though with Bills beating Jets (mostly in 4th qtr) and Giants getting easily beaten by a good Cowboys team. Giants defense is pretty bad though so a lot of it is going to rest on Saquon Barkley's shoulders....or legs.

Points bets

Didn't do great on points last week so I put this in it's own section haha. Took two:

Ravens v Cardinals:
Cardinals under 16.5 total - Cardinals offense was straight up trash last week and Lions coaching staff kept them in it. Also I don't see how/why the QB Kyler Murray was a first round pick. He is 5'10 and can barely see over the lineman. Add an insane Ravens defense and I don't see them reaching 10 points. They have an injury at safety but Ravens have pretty good depth.

Bengals v 49ers:
49ers under 22.5 total - Bengals defense really impressed me last week against Seahawks and they seem to have a few good new players on that side. 49er's scored 4 TD's against Bucs last week of which 3 was defensive. That's not going to happen 2 weeks in a row. It also shows me that 49ers were pretty poor on offense. QB had 158 passing yards and team total rushing of 98. Don't see them scoring enough to get 23+

Exotics

Not for everyone but a few that just look good to me as a degen:

Dolphins v Patriots:
Phillip Dorsett first TD and player's team to win at 17.00 - Not a lot of value in this game as the cap is currently at -19 for Pats. Funnily enough Pats don't have a great record in Miami however this is a Dolphins team that is blatantly in tanking mode to acquire picks for next year and 2021. Patriots secondary is insane, I honestly don't see Dolphins scoring a TD and to add to it they have an injured Safety and CB so it's bit of a perfect storm for a lot of Pats points. So it's just a matter of who. Dolphins looking terrible in the back third of the field so my I'm expecting a few deep balls and Dorsett caught one last week (another short TD for a total of 2) so I'm going with him. Michel (RB), Gordon or Antonio Brown in his first game would be solid choices too.

Jets v Browns:
Nick Chubb first TD at 6.50 - More of a gut feeling to be honest but the passing last week was very shaky and I can see them using Chubb early to get points on the board and set them at ease.

Total yds of successful field goal under 27.5 at 2.00 - Jets having to use a backup QB and putting in a new kicker after last week's crucial misses against a decent Browns defense (apart from 4th qtr last week). I can see either team getting near the red zone and being forced into a FG.

Falcons v Eagles:

Anytime TD Julio Jones at 2.40 - Getting that price on the leading yards receiver in regular season last year against a shoddy Eagles defense. Taking that all day.

Accas

Chiefs -6.5 / Cowboys -6 / Browns -6 / Falcons ML - 12.27

Giants / Falcons / Vikings - 9.42

Sorry for the long post guys, feels like I just wrote a book. I also realise that statistically the odds for all of these to come through I'd be one lucky SOB haha. Hopefully this can guide your own bets when boiled down or something. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.