Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby

More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
A good weekend for me only dampened slightly by a loss on Japan unders in the last

We are at the knockout stages and here are the opening handicaps

England -8.5 v Australia
New Zealand -11.5 v Ireland
Wales -6.5 v France
Japan +14.5 v South Africa

Don't miss our You Tube shows on Monday and Thursday live on You Tube and our Facebook page

Some useful links

If you are new to the forum or have been reading and want to contribute you can create an account CLICK HERE - if your account is not verified (we get alot of spam) please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to sort it out for you

Weekly Betting Mailer

We send out a weekly betting mail and will probably send a few more over the RWC - it includes our best bets and links to previews and videos and is free - Click Here to sign up in a few seconds

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by Tarka
England, NZ, Wales and SA to win outright =16to10.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by cluaindiuic
Replied by cluaindiuic on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Australia are 14/5 in places. Way too big against an England side who've never played a game as big as this and have a habit of blowing hot and cold.

Rolling Stones of the rap game, not braggin'
Lips bigger than Jagger, not saggin'
Spell it backwards, I'ma leave it at that...
That ain't got nuttin to do with rap
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by cluaindiuic.

More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Geros
France + 6.5 Both teams should play a slow game, it will suit France more than it will Wales. Wales might not be so full of confidence after their performance on the weekend.

More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Wellington to beat Canterbury at 9/10.
Turbos +16.5
HB -4.5 vs Otago

Very confident on these.

WC:
Japs +14.5

Double on Wales X England @9/10

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports

More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Big early bet on Wales & NZ win, double @ 1.76 with Skybet

Hearing Dupont and Penaud both under injury clouds for the French - Bradie or someone else may know more?
These are perhaps their best 2 players........

More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Not an oval ball fanatic since Mr Fertilizer destroyed the 95 Bok team but have watched most of the RWC matches because of the time difference. Taking a couple based purely on what I have seen at the tournament. Wales were a part score better then Australia and England look a score better then Wales - also Australia have not looked convincing. If SA were facing Ireland in the quarters the cap would be around SA -5.5. Japan beat Ireland by 7 and deservedly so. I'm not being influenced by the last half hour against Scotland as the job was already done.
England -9.5 @ 11/10
Japan +9.5 @ 15/10

More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by Tarka
The Japanese getting far too much respect from the bookies and "rugby experts"......Bokke by 20 plus!

More
4 years 6 months ago #9 by bradie82
Replied by bradie82 on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby

Brad Breath wrote: Big early bet on Wales & NZ win, double @ 1.76 with Skybet

Hearing Dupont and Penaud both under injury clouds for the French - Bradie or someone else may know more?
These are perhaps their best 2 players........

Don't know much at this stage - Dupont has had back problem for the past 2 weeks but don't see it as a main issue for the quarter final and for Penaud, which will be the biggest lost for France, it seems like it is a hamstring injury but as far as I know, it did not seem a worry for the French staff - will update everybody once I know more

That said, wonder if Biggar will be playing after 2 head knock in less than 10 days - with Sam Warburton explaining on TV few days ago that France was a rubbish country in term of head knock and allowing players to play straight away, that will be an interesting topic in the next few days as it seems Biggar will be playing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
4 years 6 months ago #10 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
On tonights USE IT OR LOSE IT Couch is joined by Thala, Rugbycology and JudgeRugby to tal RWC quarter-finals

Click Here to watch through You Tube and join the live chat

The show will also be live on the Goodforthegame Facebook Page

More
4 years 6 months ago #11 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Gallagher premiership:

Warriors ML @17/20
Bears -2.5
Wasps -11.5

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports

More
4 years 6 months ago #12 by landrews77
Replied by landrews77 on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
The Upset?

Where will the Upset gonna.be?
I really thinks ,the Ausies game and
or France game. We have not really see the French.The most dangerous unknown animal in that Q4 finals.
The Ausies can Upset the Apple card.TheSouthern hemisphere teams have the best prep in terms of Championship. It is hard ,no fear and accurate rugby when it mattersI.
I really like France on the best plus and Ausies also on best plus.

More
4 years 6 months ago #13 by landrews77
Replied by landrews77 on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Bokke wil beat the handicap and the AB wil get the job done.
SA. - 14,5
NZ -12,5

More
4 years 6 months ago #14 by bradie82
Just a quick update on Dupont and Penaud.
Both have made another injury assessment and waiting on the final result but this is how it looks like :
- Dupont trained with the group fully today and it seems like his back problem would not be an issue for Sunday’s game.
- However, Penaud was still not training and it seems like he won’t be able to play on Sunday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
4 years 6 months ago #15 by mackem
Brent's preview of England v Wallabies

goodforthegame.co.za/RWC-2019/england-v-...betting-preview.html

6 units England -8.5 at 19/20 at Sunbet

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 6 months ago #16 by mackem
Japan v Boks preview from Brent

goodforthegame.co.za/RWC-2019/japan-v-so...betting-preview.html

4 units South Africa -14.5 at 19/20 at Sunbet

More
4 years 6 months ago #17 by bradie82
Update on Penaud – no injury but he s still feeling some pain
He will it a go tomorrow at training and then a decision will be made
Squad will be as the one expected for the English game with Raka replacing Penaud in case he could not play

Médard - Penaud, Vakatawa, Fickou, Huget - (o) Ntamack, (m) Dupont - Ollivon, Alldritt, Lauret - Vahaamahina, Le Roux - Slimani, Guirado (cap.), Poirot.

More
4 years 6 months ago #18 by mackem
Guys just a head up on this week's Youtube shows which have moved from the usual slots for this week only.

The Handicap will be streamed live from 19:00 on Friday 18th October

GG Gaming Gone Mad will follow at 20:00 on Friday 18th October

More
4 years 6 months ago #19 by Thrasher6
Replied by Thrasher6 on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
This Over 42.5 in the Pro 2 match Provence v Oyonaix looks on....seen money for it....and both teams can score freely. Possibly a few showers early evening but should ok come kick off.....I'm in...
The following user(s) said Thank You: slaterj

More
4 years 6 months ago #20 by slaterj
I've been looking at this game as well. Leaning on Provence -3 as Oyonnax's away form doesn't look too clever but it's a tricky one

More
4 years 6 months ago #21 by Thrasher6
Replied by Thrasher6 on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Agreed that Oyonnax have to turn up here....but I think the money suggests they will...who wins is difficult though...as you suggest

More
4 years 6 months ago #22 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Just been catching up on posts after seeing team news, had been feeling bullish about Aus plus but BG's preview has me concerned.

I just can't get away from RWC record when get to play-off stages, they seem to get into another mode, regardless of coach or squad. I think they will be a real handful at the breakdown and i'm mystified by Ford only playing from bench.

Gone Aus +8.5 @ 17/20 in the end, but also hoping to see if any exotics appeal once points etc come out.

More
4 years 6 months ago #23 by threepeat
Replied by threepeat on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby

southpaw wrote: Just been catching up on posts after seeing team news, had been feeling bullish about Aus plus but BG's preview has me concerned.

I just can't get away from RWC record when get to play-off stages, they seem to get into another mode, regardless of coach or squad. I think they will be a real handful at the breakdown and i'm mystified by Ford only playing from bench.

Gone Aus +8.5 @ 17/20 in the end, but also hoping to see if any exotics appeal once points etc come out.

Hi South,
Pre- tournament long term plays are now coming home. Mine is and has been an AB v SA final $$$. Not changing my mind.
BG has been on England pre-tournament and not changing his mind! They will not get past B'Munga if they get past Aussie.

IMO NZ, SA & Wales all cruise through quarters.

For me England are favourites with good reasons v Australia, but for me this is also the game most likely to have an upset.
- Jordan Petaia is a superstar and is a genius choice by Cheika.
- Eddie Jones has adjusted his defence to counter Wallaby mid-field threat = no (swing high) Owen Farrell @ 12.
- Pocock & Hooper are more experienced than English counterparts.
- England have not played a fast pace Southern Team, they are in for a shock.
- England are already thinking about semi v NZ (big mistake).
- Aussies are desperate and have a stand up RWC record.
- Plenty of Kiwis telling Cheik how to beat the "Mitch" defence.

No bet on this game so far, but expecting english $ to come for England and get on at around Aussie +11.5. Cheers 3P

More
4 years 6 months ago #24 by Quill
I've taken as follows:

Australia +8.5 @1.84
Australia over 17.5 points @1.90
Australia over 1.5 tries @1.89
Total points over 44.5 @1.90

Mitre 10 Cup
Bay of Plenty -21.5 @1.90
BOP over 38.5 @1.95

Good luck everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
4 years 6 months ago #25 by Brent Graham
After much pondering I have gone unders in New Zealand v Ireland - Click Here for the Preview

Also thrown in a couple of speculators at 66/1 and 33/1

3Peat correct in that I am committed to England and will be seeing this through. Interesting though that the money appears to be coming for Australia who are now +7.5 in places.

The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 6 months ago #26 by mackem
Couch Critic's previews for Saturday's QFs

England v Australia

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

New Zealand v Ireland

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

More
4 years 6 months ago #27 by threepeat
Mitre 10 Cup Semi Finals Quaddie by 3P

Points Start (a)Mitre 10 Cup: Wellington v CanterburyRugby UnionSat, 19 Oct 2019, 7:05pm
Canterbury (3.5) @ 1.57
Points Start (a)Mitre 10 Cup: Bay of Plenty v ManawatuRugby UnionFri, 18 Oct 2019, 7:35pm
Bay of Plenty (-13.5) @ 1.61
Points Start (a)Mitre 10 Cup: Tasman v AucklandRugby UnionSat, 19 Oct 2019, 2:05pm
Tasman (-13.5) @ 1.67
Points StartMitre 10 Cup: Hawkes Bay v OtagoRugby UnionSat, 19 Oct 2019, 4:35pm
Hawkes Bay (-7.5) @ 1.87

Also taken BOP to win Championship @ $1.75 - looks like $ for jam.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #28 by threepeat

Brent Graham wrote: After much pondering I have gone unders in New Zealand v Ireland - Click Here for the Preview

Also thrown in a couple of speculators at 66/1 and 33/1

3Peat correct in that I am committed to England and will be seeing this through. Interesting though that the money appears to be coming for Australia who are now +7.5 in places.

BG you and Chris have been gracious hosts all year long, especially to us opinionated Internationals. Thank you for that. It does make the site more interesting. Actually thought the French guys were SA transplants until very recently! lol

Obviously strongly disagreeing with you on the state of North v South Rugby. We do however agree on the unders on the NZ v Ireland game. Followed you, but got -45.5 on tab nz. Need to win bigger than this so have added Wales -6.5, making it a double. French have shown me nothing and "Warren Ball" will crush any French flair. Also agree with dangers of betting against the French, but Gatland too experienced too good to lose this one.

2 LEG MULTI
Combine all selected single bets
@ 3.51

Unders @ 1.85
Total Points
New Zealand v Ireland

Wales @ 1.90
Points Start (-6.5)
Wales v France Cheers 3P PS Please get yourself some insurance on the Southern Hemisphere winning!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by threepeat. Reason: Error

More
4 years 6 months ago #29 by mackem
Live on Friday at 19:00 The Handicap

Brent Graham is joined by @HanrickSwart, @OracleRugby and @Sean_Nicholas to discuss the 4 RWC quarter finals from a betting angle.

To comment on the show whilst it is live please use this link to our Youtube channel

More
4 years 6 months ago #30 by hanrick
If there is loadshedding today I will be without power from 18:00 to 20:30 so will then not be able to be on the show so thought I will give my thoughts here.

Of the World Cup games' handicaps I like the Boks minus the strongest, with England minus 2nd. No strong feeling on the other two. Wales should win and although I don't like the team NZ have picked I think they should beat an Ireland team who peaked a year too early. NZ won't make the final though.

Like the unders in all four WC games, especially in the NZ/IRE game.

Mitre10 Cup semi's:

Bay of Plenty vs Manawatu I see there has been a lot of money for Bay of Plenty. I'm leaning Turbos on the plus here and have taken Manawatu +22.5. I called BOP and Hawkes Bay to fight out the Championship after week 2 when the overrated Taranaki was still favourites.

Hawkes Bay vs Otago I think the Magpies will beat the minus at home.

Tasman vs Auckland, I'm a big Mako fan, but staying out of this handicap at this stage. Looks big, but can't go against Tasman at home.

Then onto the best bet of the weekend. I can't believe this is basically a choice game. Canterbury horrible overrated because of their name. A shadow of the side of previous seasons though. Wellington will put them away easily at home. Just like Taranaki, the bookmakers keep overrating Canterbury. I'm not complaining though.

Have pending outright bets on Tasman at 14/10 and Bay of Plenty at 3/1, placed after week 2 so hope the finals are in Nelson/Blenheim and Rotorua.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #31 by Northerner
Replied by Northerner on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Mitch Karpik first tryscorer 18/1
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Northerner. Reason: Typo

More
4 years 6 months ago #32 by Brad Breath
I like Wellington too Hanrick (despite their leaky defence)

Wellington win at 1.91

Get on now if you wish, the price will melt off the back of team news. (Canterbury have a few out injured)

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #33 by bradie82
I think I m gonna pass on the next RWC games except if I spot something huge
This has been a successful WC so far and with my 2 main bets on under points and tries cashing in 2 weeks, I will not waste those in games where I reckon anything could happen.
But I will share some thoughts :

Eng vs Aus : Australia has nothing to lose I reckon and that could make them dangerous. Farrell is not at the top of his game, reckon he could be targeted and Daly at full back is just a non-sense to me. I tend to agree with Quill on over and Australia H.

Nz vs Ire : the fact that Aki is out is a good news I reckon but I could put all my money on Sexton to be targeted – Kiwis knows a “simple knock” could get him of the pitch. I would go against everybody on that game and over Ireland and match on that game

Wales vs Fra : Yes I still reckon France is crap and having Iturria and Raka not even on the bench is just an aberration to me. To beat he Welsh you need to play a fast game as the Fijian managed to do but I reckon France will try play physical like they did against Tonga as there is nobody smart enough in the management to give the right direction. Still reckon it would be a close game so would go either team to win by 7 and under 2.5 tries HT (already available on betclic)

SA vs Japan : I said last Sunday that the Japan +15.5 seemed interesting and have not change my mind. Apart from that depending on the cut an over could be interesting.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by bradie82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil

More
4 years 6 months ago #34 by mackem

More
4 years 6 months ago #35 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: Just been catching up on posts after seeing team news, had been feeling bullish about Aus plus but BG's preview has me concerned.

Added Aus over 8.5 1st half pts 9/10
MoM Kerevi 16/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #36 by bradie82
Premiership

Bristol & under 40.5 @ 2.45
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
4 years 6 months ago #37 by Tarka
Pollard man of the match at 8to1 worth a punt

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #38 by Brent Graham
Guys going to go live for the England v Australia match and a few of our regulars may join me at various stages - to anyone who wants to watch and join the live chat Here is the Link

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Brent Graham.

More
4 years 6 months ago #39 by R3V3R3NT_
Replied by R3V3R3NT_ on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
South Africa (-14.5) @ 1.95
Hawkes Bay (-2.5) @ 1.46
Tasman (-12.5) @ 1.53
Wellington @ 1.69
New Zealand (-5.5) @ 1.42

Combined Odds 10.45

Fairly confident here at just over 10/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #40 by R3V3R3NT_
Replied by R3V3R3NT_ on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
Im seeing Aussie +9.5 right now if it starts blowing into double digits before kick off ill jump on the Aussie train.

More
4 years 6 months ago #41 by Quill
Tasman vs Auckland
Auckland over 15.5 points @1.79
Total tries: over 6.5 @2.00

More
4 years 6 months ago #42 by hanrick
Strike on Hawkes Bay +4.5 at 17/20 at ht. With the wind in the 2nd half I reckon they win this.

More
4 years 6 months ago #43 by threepeat
Bet on Magpies to win @ $1.85 Score 31-31. Gone to extra time.

More
4 years 6 months ago #44 by coil
Tossing and turning over this first match added I won’t be able to watch , so going small bet Australia plus 9.5 , they’re totally crap but like South feel they could upset here and I just can’t see England running with it , later on managed to get under 43.5 in Ireland game and that’s my main strike , enjoy lads I’ll be working .

More
4 years 6 months ago #45 by Brent Graham
Coil, South and Oracle against me here - oh hell

Live stream starts in 15 minutes

More
4 years 6 months ago #46 by hanrick
England to win and under 50.5 points at 0.84/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #47 by sebokeng
Replied by sebokeng on topic Rugby World Cup - Quarter Finals + other rugby
England vs Australia over 4 converted penalties 0.75 WSB

More
4 years 6 months ago #48 by Brent Graham
Taken some Ireland win at 9/2 GGG and main bet u43.5

More
4 years 6 months ago #49 by southpaw
NZ over 12.5 1st half pts @ 8/10.
Been a market that’s worked very well all tournament for me so going in again.

Smaller interests -
MoM MoUnga 9/1
1st try MoUnga 18/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #50 by Brad Breath
Main bet NZ -11 @ evens

Smaller plays:

NZ by 21-30 @ 5.50

MOM: Savea @ 11