All Racing Tips w/c 16th March

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 16th March was created by mackem
Just waiting on news as to whether SA racing will continue, I know UK is currently ongoing, some behind closed doors and obviously a moving target in terms of the situation.

Kimberley, Monday's Winning Form picks

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/flamingo-par...rse-racing-tips.html

All this weeks racing tips from anywhere around the world are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #3 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March
racing in SA continues. This is a relief, i'll be shifting punting focus back from rugby to the ponies on weekends, expect more action on this thread from me come Friday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #4 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March
CSA shut cricket for 60 days so only the ponies left. I have not taken a serious interest in the ponies since 1984. Have spent the day trying to calculate the best amount to bet on swingers/exactas/trifectas/quartets. A few of my books are delighted with this study period except for one where I fluked the three swingers in Kimberly in race 10 twice( This is not after timing as I have paid a large price for my studies today).
We have now progressed to quartets and am practising a boxed quartet at Pont de Vivaux on race 5. This is not a tip but we are running 2/3/4/9 as an exercise.
All pony followers - Any tips welcome on the boards fellows.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #5 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March
One for Vaal tomorrow,

Race 2 - Ideal Man @ 12/1

Well drawn and stable in form with Jock. Worth a go at these odds.

Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, The Vann

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #6 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March
Double for today:

R2 - Ideal Wolff win onto
R6 - Ring of Fire place

Roughly a 6/1double
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #7 by mackem

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #8 by mackem

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #9 by mackem

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #10 by kt6747
A small last one in the last at Vaal.

Category Four @ 25/1
Dropped slightly in the ratings. Last run wasn't the worse against some okay sorts.

Enjoy the racing while it lasts.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #11 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th March
Fingers crossed racing continues for now .... only thing keeping me sane . Will be having a good luck for tomorrow and Sunday and will post fancies .

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #12 by southpaw

coil wrote: Fingers crossed racing continues for now .... only thing keeping me sane . Will be having a good luck for tomorrow and Sunday and will post fancies .

slim pickings on sports to bet on. I went to Sunbet the other day, top 3 markets on homepage main section = 3 world chess championship matches! :( :huh: :lol:

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #13 by mackem
Hoping to get involved on Saturday as well so look out for a few dodgy tips my side :cheer: Here are the Winning form previews for the weekend

Saturday Turffontien

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

Saturday Durbanville

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/durbanville-...rse-racing-tips.html

Sunday Greyville

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-su...rse-racing-tips.html

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #14 by southpaw
Just a small interest in the last today -

Ocean Master 33/1 ew. Been running from wide draws, gets a good one today and jock knows horse well.

No harm at that sort of price.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #15 by kt6747
Some live racing today and a couple of hot fav's making come backs and at very short prices

Turffontein
Race 1 - Throw a Tantrum @ 20/1
Not the worse debut at Scotsville with some winner coming out of the race. Been gelded and gets decent work rider. Doesn't seem to be stable elect from money, but can't get hurt at those odds in Work riders race

Race 2 - Royal Wulff @ 7/1 & Phinda Mzala @ 25/1
RW - Well bred and money has flown for it. Stable comments fair
PM - Stable comments good and Stricker called for ride, even if not riding now. Last run didn't stay and if ignore, run behind Winter Stories more than decent. Bearing in mind Winter Stories ran just behind War Room. If you had to drop either in this race think they would be Fav or in top 2.

Race 3 - Toto @ 25/1
On jockey bookings looks like to be least liked by stable and stable companion into 3/1 from 14/1. So i may be very wrong. But on breading, Mare was very quick as 2 year old and Dam Sire been Trippi should be some speed. Also Legislate ran close over distance 1st up after not been liked. Not confident, just like.

Race 4 - Dark Song @ 12/1 & Senescene @ 16/1
Both out of Tarry yard. Dark Song first, looks like sprint is best distance and not the worse record. Also in last race ran behind Wylies Wench who came out to beat some good sorts on Thursday in Rio's Winter and Wisteria Wallkl
Senescene - Jockey booking jumps out first of all and whilst breeding suggest looking for more, stable has been known to have 1st timers flying up to win.

Race 6 - Rock the Globe @ 14/1
Stable mate looks hard to beat, but if fluffs lines, Rock holds Astrix weight on the last run. Worth a go at those odds.

Race 7 - Celtic Sea

Race 9 - Towards the Sun @ 4/1 & Image Award

Durbanville
Race 4 - Destruction Boy @ 14/1

Race 6 - Earl of Warick @ 7/1

Hope you all stay safe and enjoy the only live sport on at the moment.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by kt6747. Reason: Changed race comment for Race 3 as Stable companion got a vault of money. into 3/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, southpaw, coil, The Vann

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #16 by coil
Thanks for that KT , will be getting very involved today as that's all there is to be honest .

Race 1.
Arran a decent 6/1 and 11/10 a place is my opening play , but not a confident pick . Also give Throw a Tantrum a chance , KT also likes him , 20/1 a win and 4/1. a place and just seen holy man at 10/1 , liked his debut .

Race 2.
I don't like the draw nor do I like that way Tarry's runners have been performing of late but I do like Bowie here but a nibble at 4/1.

Race 3.
Afternoon Tea gets her 4th different jock in as many runs. She really should be hard to beat on form, having said that lots of well bred first timers . Spice Market , not drawn great at 1 but inform trainer and jockey.

Race4.
Afriel all the rage last time in Durban and evidently pulled a muscle in his neck, could improve here , Blessed Rain my roughie at 20/1 and 33/10 a place first 4.

Race 5.
Comaneci looks ready to win 6/1.

Race 6.
Bohica my roughie for places 2/1.

Race 7.
Celtic Sea oozes class but with the stable a little doubtful and bigger fish to fry I'll be looking to beat her.

Race 8.
Going for the Tarry runner here in Emerald Tiara 3/1 and Captains Reward who is a real plodder and huge striding filly but could have done well with her break 20/1.

Race 9.
Moggie Brown places 3/1 first 4.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by coil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, kt6747, The Vann

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #17 by mackem
Turffontein

R4 Was going to go Denim n Jeans but scratched, Winning Form guy on Sky Racing UK just now touting Flying Var which was on my short list so will follow that.

R5 with Coil on Comaneci

R9 Herstel, not a great to get a low draw on the straight I believe but 3 scratchings and prefer this to the 2 market leaders

Durbanville

R3 Roseary Meadow and real roughie but although a bit to find might run a place

R4 I like the top 2 in the betting Pippielangkous and Regimental for swingers / exacta

R7 Kursk,didn't fire last time, nice win prior to that and I fancy a run for my money at around 5/1

Enjoy the racing lads

The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, kt6747, The Vann

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #18 by southpaw
so stiff Phinda Mazala KT, thought would get up at 1 point! Very good place nonetheless.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #19 by kt6747

southpaw wrote: so stiff Phinda Mazala KT, thought would get up at 1 point! Very good place nonetheless.

Thanks South, yeah was shouting him home. Think my neighbors might be calling the police concerned i have lost it, was shouting so loud. LOL

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #20 by southpaw
a few for me today -

T4 Samoa 20/1 ew. Gets blinkers and hasn't run many bad races of late, experienced jock up for first time.

T5 Ouro 10/1 ew. Been up the mix, drop in class and a bustling ride from Yeni could do the trick today, hoping for a top 3 at least.

T6 Captain and Master 8/1 ew. Always rated this one, maybe now gelded can find his best form.

T7 and T8 double Celtic Sea and Al Jabath 3/1 win.
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by southpaw.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #21 by southpaw
D7 Selailai 12/1 ew. Plum draw and usually out wide, top jock takes the ride, expecting a decent effort.

D8 Attourney General 10/1 ew, same yard, nicely bred and no world beaters in this field.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #22 by southpaw
Started ok yesterday but then went a bit wrong after that. Mostly bigger priced punts so no real damage done, todays card looks competitive -

One bet done so far, race 1 DISIlLUSIONED 10/1 ew. Interesting to see Fourie get up or KZN for start of meeting after riding in Cape yesterday and if I’m not mistaken he used to ride on fairly regular basis for Bosch yard.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #23 by kt6747
Thanks South, yeah yesterday was a more than decent day.

For today, in Race 1 - Over the Bay @ 15/1
First run over shorter ran well behind decent sort who has won 2 on the bounce. Also on weight turn around holds 2nd fav Colour my Fate on the run behind Walls of Dubovinick. And gets Veale up who I think is one of the more underated jocks around at Greyville.

Enjoy the racing

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #24 by coil
Despite having a poor showing on the tips yesterday I also managed to somehow show a profit , just in from taking my daughter to have braces fitted .

Race 5. Noble Joshua gets a handy 4kg of his back and is a real gutsy horse , 7/2 is a decent start . Russian Beat my next best at 9/2 , so the top two in the betting.

Race 6. GG's Dynasty has been so kind to me and for a small horse has huge heart , toughest task to date but at 9/2 he's my first choice , Knights Templar at 5/1 next best.

Race 7. A togh spring and can see a calvary charge , narrowly Cumulous 6/1 and We light the fire at 7/1,

Race 8. Rocket Fire could give Duncan Howell his first winner in over 80 runners , 6/1 and Candle Cove at 7/1.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #25 by kt6747

coil wrote: Despite having a poor showing on the tips yesterday I also managed to somehow show a profit , just in from taking my daughter to have braces fitted .

Race 5. Noble Joshua gets a handy 4kg of his back and is a real gutsy horse , 7/2 is a decent start . Russian Beat my next best at 9/2 , so the top two in the betting.

Race 6. GG's Dynasty has been so kind to me and for a small horse has huge heart , toughest task to date but at 9/2 he's my first choice , Knights Templar at 5/1 next best.

Race 7. A togh spring and can see a calvary charge , narrowly Cumulous 6/1 and We light the fire at 7/1,

Race 8. Rocket Fire could give Duncan Howell his first winner in over 80 runners , 6/1 and Candle Cove at 7/1.

Some nice calls there Coil.