All Football Tips w/c 7th Sept inc English outrights

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by mackem
English Premier League football returns at the weekend and we also have the Nedbank Cup final this week.

Previews to follow in due course and all this week's football tips are most welcome here

Will add a few outright picks for England as well, all thoughts on that front appreciated too

twitter: @goodforthegame
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by mackem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by Quill
Australian Rules

Melbourne Demons vs Fremantle Dockers

This match is played in Cairns, neutral venue.

The Demons have been inconsistent so far, as they beat better teams only to lose next time to teams in the lower part of the standings. They are now just outside the play-off zone and they must win this match.

The Dockers lost their play-off hopes, so they play party spoilers. They are still one of the best defending teams in the league, they concede few points, but they also have scoring issues, that's why their lower position on the ladder.

The weather in Cairns is going to be slippery and humid, so I expect a low score.

Bet 1: Total points under 107 @1.87
Bet 2: Fremantle +12.5 @1.83

More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by Relaxguys
hi quill thanks for this tip yesterday!
Hoping to see your pick today thanks again!

More
3 years 6 months ago #4 by Quill
Australian Rules

Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants

The Crows are rooted to the bottom of the ladder and they got their first win of the season only in last round.
The Giants are 8th on the ladder, the last play-off spot and they need to win this to stay in there.

The fact that Adelaide got their first win doesn't mean that now they've become world beaters over night. However, we have to consider the momentum, the push that they may get from that win.

Bet 1: Adelaide +19.5 @1.80
Bet 2: Adelaide total team points Over 51.5 @1.90

More
3 years 6 months ago #5 by Quill
Aussie Rules

Carlton vs Sydney Swans

Carlton lost their last two games and are two wins outside the play-off zone. They must win this game, as there are only 3 matches left in the regular season.

The Swans have no chance of catching the finals this year, however they now started to give game time to youngsters and players who didn't have much exposure this year. Thus, they beat Melbourne Demons last round, a team that is still fighting for a play-off spot. The Swans have turned party spoilers now, and if they keep playing for fun and without pressure, they may get another result tonight.

Carlton may have left it too late, as last round they were leading by 15 points at the last quarter and lost to GWS, who are also competing for a play-off spot.

Bet 1: Sydney Swans +11.5 @1.80
Bet 2: Total over 114.5 @1.91
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Relaxguys

More
3 years 6 months ago #6 by mackem
Nedbank Cup final Saturday, Bloem Celtic v Sundowns

goodforthegame.co.za/South-Africa-Footba...betting-preview.html

Celtic unbeaten in last 7 league games, 5 were drawn, this could go the full distance, nibble at 1-1

More
3 years 6 months ago #7 by mackem
First EPL preview, Fulham v Arsenal, Saturday

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/fu...review-and-tips.html

Arsenal to win and over 2.5 total match goals at 12/10
Arsenal to score in both halves? (yes) 13/10

More
3 years 6 months ago #8 by Relaxguys
Quill as always you're on fire! Thanks so much
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
3 years 6 months ago #9 by Quill
Aussie Rules

Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast Suns

The Lions are 3rd on the ladder and with a win tonight they can go level on points with 1st.
The Suns have lost their chances of getting to the play-offs.
However, this is a Queensland derby, less than an hour drive between them, so I expect the Suns to put up a good fight here.

The Lions are better still, that's why they are in the standings where they are, and they should get the win, just not sure if they can cover the handicap, or if the Suns will be able to stay within.

Since the resumption, all the matches lost by Gold Coast have been within 1-39 margin, and the Lions haven't put teams to the sword either in their wins.

Andrews, a key Brisbane defender is injured, so I'll take Ben King from Gold Coast to score in a double.

Bet 1: Brisbane 1-39 @1.80
Bet 2: Combo - Brisbane win + Ben King anytime goalscorer @1.80
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Relaxguys

More
3 years 6 months ago #10 by mackem
A 5/1 treble for Sunday

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/footb...-13th-september.html

Villarreal to win (against Huesca)
West Brom v Leicester - over 2.5 goals
Spurs v Everton - both teams to score yes

More
3 years 6 months ago #11 by Relaxguys

Quill wrote: Aussie Rules

Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast Suns

The Lions are 3rd on the ladder and with a win tonight they can go level on points with 1st.
The Suns have lost their chances of getting to the play-offs.
However, this is a Queensland derby, less than an hour drive between them, so I expect the Suns to put up a good fight here.

The Lions are better still, that's why they are in the standings where they are, and they should get the win, just not sure if they can cover the handicap, or if the Suns will be able to stay within.

Since the resumption, all the matches lost by Gold Coast have been within 1-39 margin, and the Lions haven't put teams to the sword either in their wins.

Andrews, a key Brisbane defender is injured, so I'll take Ben King from Gold Coast to score in a double.

Bet 1: Brisbane 1-39 @1.80
Bet 2: Combo - Brisbane win + Ben King anytime goalscorer @1.80

Quill you're a wizard.
much appreciated!! Best of luck always!!!

More
3 years 6 months ago #12 by mackem
Liverpool v Leeds on Saturday

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/li...review-and-tips.html

BTTS yes at 9/10

Spurs v Everton Sunday

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/sp...review-and-tips.html

2-3 total match goals at evens

More
3 years 6 months ago #13 by mackem
I really don't understand why Liverpool are 2/1 and more to win the title and City odds on ??

I can't really justify tieing money up long terms on a 2/1 shot but I'd rather have Liverpool in any outright acca than City at those odds.

I see Liverpool, City and Chelsea as the top3 and rounding out the top 4 I see little between Man Utd and Arsenal so would rather be on Arsenal at 11/4 than United at 5/10

The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 6 months ago #14 by Naidoo

mackem wrote: I really don't understand why Liverpool are 2/1 and more to win the title and City odds on ??

I can't really justify tieing money up long terms on a 2/1 shot but I'd rather have Liverpool in any outright acca than City at those odds.

I see Liverpool, City and Chelsea as the top3 and rounding out the top 4 I see little between Man Utd and Arsenal so would rather be on Arsenal at 11/4 than United at 5/10

I think Liverpool are 2/1 because of the squad. Bookies probably assume that this squad has not been refreshed in over 3 years so they could start getting complacent. Could also be due to how Liverpool finished the season when the title was already won.
As a Liverpool fan, I cant understand how City are favourites as well. Though 2/1 mixed with some other outrights does seem attractive rather than a single bet of Liverpool retaining the league.

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo

More
3 years 6 months ago #15 by The Vann
Decided to cut right down on outrights this season after the - Sunderland to be promoted - pick infected virtually all my acca's.
Going with
Spurs top 4 and Burnley top half into three top goal scorers
Kane @ 110/1
Aubameyang @ 110/1
Vardy @ 288/1

More
3 years 6 months ago #16 by The Vann
Saturday Acca
Derby
Arsenal
Southampton
Liverpool
West Ham
@ 24/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 6 months ago #17 by The Vann
Liked those Fulham match picks Mackem especially the Arsenal in both halves which strangely lengthened to 7/4 just before kick off.
Here's something on the Selhurst Park match and may look at West Ham later dependent upon alcohol consumption through Stage 14.
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Roy Hodgson has 8 players out with injury including 4 defenders. A little known fact on the 2019/20 season is that the Southampton total away points of 31 was 3rd to Liverpool and ManCity. On the return from Covid Southampton managed 16 goals from their 9 matches with Ings in form and Adams starting to score.
Southampton match goals over 1.5 @ 14/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 6 months ago #18 by southpaw
Liverpool over 59.5% ball possession @ 8/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 6 months ago #19 by southpaw
smaller fun interest - under 2.5 goals in all 9 afternoon Championship games @ 140/1

More
3 years 6 months ago #20 by The Vann
Absolute Shite-fest from Southampton earlier - So be warned. Made a 25/1 shot on the TdF earlier and live in wine country - so be extra warned.
West Ham v Newcastle
WHM have scored 2plus goals against Newcastle in their last five matches. Newcastle have bought Wilson and Fraser from the relegated Bournemouth - both really players with goal scoring abilities.
Match Goals over 3.5 @ 2/1

More
3 years 6 months ago #21 by The Vann

southpaw wrote: smaller fun interest - under 2.5 goals in all 9 afternoon Championship games @ 140/1

At 7 from 9 you would think the Book could pay out 20/1 at least:silly:

More
3 years 6 months ago #22 by southpaw

The Vann wrote:

southpaw wrote: smaller fun interest - under 2.5 goals in all 9 afternoon Championship games @ 140/1

At 7 from 9 you would think the Book could pay out 20/1 at least:silly:

I know should have played all the singles too. Eish.

More
3 years 6 months ago #23 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th Sept inc English outrights
Jamie Vardy 2+ Shots on Target @11/8 tomorrow v WBA

3+ as well @9/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #24 by Quill
Aussie Rules

Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions

The match is played on the Gold Coast, that is like Brisbane Lions home game.

The Swans are sitting in the bottom half of the table, while the Lions are second and on fire, having won the last 5 matches.

The Swans blew away a 39 point lead last round to a team that's outside the play-offs.

Bet 1: Lions - 16.5 @1.91
Bet 2: Lions team total over 61.5 points @1.92
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Quill. Reason: Adjusted the way of expressing some of the facts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Relaxguys

More
3 years 6 months ago #25 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th Sept inc English outrights

kcmarinopirlo wrote: Jamie Vardy 2+ Shots on Target @11/8 tomorrow v WBA

3+ as well @9/1

Winnings from this are on Chelsea to Score 2 and Brighton to get 20+ Booking Pts @7/4

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
3 years 6 months ago #26 by Relaxguys

Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions

The match is played on the Gold Coast, that is like Brisbane Lions home game.

The Swans are sitting in the bottom half of the table, while the Lions are second and on fire, having won the last 5 matches.

The Swans blew away a 39 point lead last round to a team that's outside the play-offs.

Bet 1: Lions - 16.5 @1.91
Bet 2: Lions team total over 61.5 points @1.92

As always thank you quill!! Great tipping. Stay hot!

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #27 by Brazil
I know it's early doors but both City and L'Pool don't have that hunger for the title this year.I see value on Spurs,Chelsea,Arsenal and Everton 15/1 to 25/1

Also United 6.5 to be outside of top ten and Arsenal 2.75 to be in top 4.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Brazil.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #28 by Quill
Aussie Rules

Richmond vs St Kilda

Play-offs.

Richmond lost the first play-off away to Brisbane Lions, but the Lions played at home in front of their own fans. They wanted it more, but Richmond fought well too.
Richmond welcome back a key player for this match, Tom Lynch, and that will help them tremendously, as he is a very good goal scorer.

St Kilda struggled against Western Bulldogs in the first play-off match and hardly held on to win by only 3 points, 67-64, as the Bulldogs were all over them in the last quarter.

Richmond chose to play this match on the Gold Coast as their home final (they are from Melbourne, but the city is in lockdown). They won all their matches there this season and they feel comfortable there, obviously.

St Kilda will be without 3 key players.

The matches these play-offs have gone over, and the matches between these two teams go over regularly.

Dan Butler has kicked at least one goal in 15 of St Kilda's last 17 matches.
Jack Steele has recorded 21+ disposals in 13 of St Kilda's last 15 matches.
Tom Lynch scored 2 or more goals in 6 of his last 8 games for Richmond.
Jack Riewoldt is a regular goal scorer for Richmond.
Max King is a regular goal scorer for St Kilda.

Bet 1: Richmond -18.5 @1.80, bet365
Bet 2: Total over 120.5 points @1.88, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 3: Richmond Total points over 69.5 @1.87, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 4: Richmond total scoring shots Over 19.5 @1.91, bet365
Bet 5: Double: Richmond win + Dan Butler (St Kilda) anytime goal scorer @2.50, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 6: Jack Steele 15+ Disposals + Tom Lynch anytime goal scorer + Jack Riewoldt anytime goal scorer + Max King anytime goal scorer @2.37, sportsbet.com.au
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Quill. Reason: Corrected one wrong odds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Relaxguys

More
3 years 5 months ago #29 by Quill
Double:
Richmond + Roosters @1.80

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #30 by Quill

Richmond vs St Kilda

Bet 1: Richmond -18.5 @1.80, bet365
Bet 2: Total over 120.5 points @1.88, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 3: Richmond Total points over 69.5 @1.87, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 4: Richmond total scoring shots Over 19.5 @1.91, bet365
Bet 5: Double: Richmond win + Dan Butler (St Kilda) anytime goal scorer @2.50, sportsbet.com.au
Bet 6: Jack Steele 15+ Disposals + Tom Lynch anytime goal scorer + Jack Riewoldt anytime goal scorer + Max King anytime goal scorer @2.37, sportsbet.com.au

Wow, I killed here. First 5 bets all came home.:beer
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Quill. Reason: Corrected one wrong odds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Relaxguys

More
3 years 5 months ago #31 by Quill
Aussie Rules

Geelong vs Collingwood

Play-offs.

This is a big derby, and the way these two teams came into the finals it looks to be a tight one.
Geelong finished the regular season in top 4, and last week they lost away to Port Adelaide, top of the ladder, by 16 points. They could have made it even tighter, but they missed way too many shots.

Collingwood finished on the last play-off spot and played a very difficult away match in Perth. However, they emerged winners by a single point in a dramatic match.

Geelong will have to address their scoring issues, while Collingwood remains to be seen if they can ride the momentum gained in Perth.

In their regular season game in July, Collingwood beat Geelong 57-35. Collingwood should at least stay close.

As we are getting closer to the pointy end of the season, I expect the defences will be tighter. Also, each of the last 10 matches between Geelong and Collingwood have gone under the total match points line.

Mitch Duncan has recorded 15 or more disposals in each of Geelong's last 11 matches.
Scott Pendlebury has recorded 21 or more disposals in 11 of his 14 appearances this season.
Taylor Adams 20+ disposals - he had less than that only once.

Bet 1: Collingwood +6.5 @1.91, bet365
Bet 2: Under 114.5 points @1.91, bet365
Bet 3: Mitch Duncan 15+ disposals + Scott Pendlebury 15+ disposals + Taylor Adams 20+ disposals @1.90, sportsbet.com.au