All Racing Tips w/c 23rd November inc Summer Cup

More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by mackem
Hollywood have a 15% bonus 23rd to 29th November for Summer Cup week. Previews to follow and all this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #3 by coil
According to Oracle there might be a good one on Friday too ..being Black Friday an all that Megan melarky ..

Managed to crawl out of the ambo yesterday but not a good day and was under the whip from the start .

Race 1.
Set the Date, father and son. Shows all sorts of pace but runs out of puff, I'll try take it on . King Cyrus for me 7/2.

Race 2.
Very weak maiden , could be improvers in the less experienced , poreference for Rocket Rhumba 9/2 who ran in snathes last time and can go close , evens first 4 looks decent .

Race 3.
Lightning Sp[irit has been disappointing 5/2, but another weak race , my first choice with Montana Sky next best at 7/2.

Race 4.
Captive Gold has been disappiointing after showing early promise, stable bounced back with two winners yesterday and can improve in a weak race , 16/1 and 33/10 first 4.

Race 5.
Green Ice could enjoy the 4kg pull at the weights, decent on the poly and at 5/1 and evens is my first choice.

Race 6.
Not a cofident selection but a 7 year old mare Pina Coloda has shown enough in her last few starts to be a narrow first choice at 6/1

Race 7.
Another tough one, I like to here ,Miss Charlotte 8/1 and Top Salute 7/2.

Race 8.
Super Agra returns from a rest and is not a confident call but prefer at 9/2 and Rite of Passage next best also 9/2, so both the three year olds

Race 9.
Respect for Phils Power 18/10, but first choice is Stand by Me at 4/1.

Play well lads
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #4 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #5 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #6 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #7 by VanDamme
Morning to all
Intend doing good honest (comeback) work for next weeks cards
Will surely whet the appetite with it being Summer Cup weekend.Looking fwd to all the fun
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #8 by coil
Great stuff VanDamme, looking forward to the racing this weekend , plus the rugby plus all the cricket LOL

Vaal 1
Competitive start to the day's play , Stormy Seas was reallu well fancied last time and at the price of 11/2 and evens a place top 4 it's decent bet.

Vaal 2.
they scratched the money horse On The Go and the race becomes very open as a result, Showdown kid has ok form but much in work riders , preference for the 1 horse Taladega at 7/2 and big respect for the magner first timer Manhatten Magic 9/2.

Vaal 3.
Interesting look to this race , nafeer has had many issues but has shown promise, Frosted steel gets blinkers and is a filly as is Tropic Sun, my first choice was Tropic Sun at 5/2 but would like to see them going down first .

Vaal 4.
Watching Closely has second run for new stable and has a wide draw, gets weight though from the top two as it's a maiden handicap and a top jock on board , rowing in strongly with this one at 11/2.

Vaal 5.
Nebraas is my first choice at 5/2, respect for Master Supreme although the stable still about dodge at 6/1.

Vaal 6.
Pretty Border nicely weighted but stable abit sour at 5/1, narrow first choice from Afraad my roughie at 16/1 and 3/1 first 4.

Vaal 7.
Again the stable has me a little concerned but a small bet on Little Rain 5/1 and 9/10 first 4.

Vaal 8.
Really is a minefield this one , draws will have been crucial so keep a good eye all day to see what or if there is any bias , small lean towards Mr Hugo ...8/1 and 14/10 top 4.

Play well
The following user(s) said Thank You: VanDamme

More
3 years 4 months ago #9 by VanDamme
Wondrous race 4 looks a good placer bet
Master Supreme and Hellofaride 5
Set The Standards,Pretty Border and Afraad.Circle Of Latitude might enjoy the urgency today
Decadent Lad in race 7 for a doom and gloom beginning to weekend
Ditto Grindelwald in the last also Alex The Great a place hope.cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil

More
3 years 4 months ago #10 by VanDamme
May Frosted Steel and Virtuosa fight out the third plz
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 4 months ago #11 by coil
Im in need of oxygen.

More
3 years 4 months ago #12 by VanDamme
quartet inclusions race 4
Joanna Ess,Rembez and After Me

More
3 years 4 months ago #13 by VanDamme
place double
Pretty Border x Var Aglow

More
3 years 4 months ago #14 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #15 by southpaw

VanDamme wrote: Wondrous race 4 looks a good placer bet
Set The Standards,Pretty Border and Afraad.Circle Of Latitude might enjoy the urgency today

simply superb shout on DL!!! What a price.

More
3 years 4 months ago #16 by coil
Wow !!! 66/1 on Hollywood ...hope u took a few bob !!

VanDamme wrote: Wondrous race 4 looks a good placer bet

More
3 years 4 months ago #17 by VanDamme
Cornish Pomodoro for Summer Cup place if Lyle is as good as they say then win.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #18 by VanDamme

VanDamme wrote: Cornish Pomodoro for Summer Cup place if Lyle is as good as they say then win.[/quote

my reasoning is in his passage here so coming in at 102 with only two runs as a 4 yo looks crafted

After showing them in the Derby they earmarked Saturday gelded and rested him

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by VanDamme.

More
3 years 4 months ago #19 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #20 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #21 by coil
Some super racing coming up.

Greyville.
Race1.
Emerald Palace was my first choice but I've missed the price , will probably punt if I can get 18/10 or better .

Race 2.
They Don't Know me at 4/1. is my first choice from Pledge of honour my roughie at 16/1 and 33/10 first 4.

Race 3.
Mondovi is a narrow first choice in a tough race at 9/2.

Race 4.
Policy Target represents no value at the current odds, but the one to beat on form, Alados Pride my roughie at 25/1 and weighted places at 5/2 a place first 4. Also respect for a 1000 Tunes at 8/1.

Race 5.
I'm all over irish Wonder Girl here , one of my better bets , 11/2 and 8/10 a place first 3

Race 6.
Montford keeps catching my eye , so first choice at 7/1 and 14/10 first 3, also give chances to Silva Magic 4/1 and Maidens Prayer at 6/1.

Race 7.
Flashy Katrina at 11/1 and 5/2 first 3.

Race 8.
Drunken Sailor is my first choice at 11/2
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by coil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, kt6747, Experienced Novice

More
3 years 4 months ago #22 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago #23 by mackem

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #24 by southpaw
SUMMER CUP CARD 28TH NOV:

Been a bit manic on work front with Black-Friday week but getting some time in to put down my fancies for the big day on Sat. I’ve not had time to watch the preview show so will do that tonight and see if any alignment on my picks below:

R1
Some skinny prices for a few unknowns. Probably Tarry runner TRATTORIA one to beat, but just over evens too short for me. Not a race to punt but if pushed would have a small ew interest GYPSY MAGIC purely for small trainer/big jock combo and breeding suggests should be better than debut.

R2
DOUBLE MARTINI 5/1 ew.
Tarry yard flying with some good sorts making debuts. The dam won a sprint on debut and hoping for a repeat here.

R3
MISTER BLUE SKY 5/1 ew.
Not a strong fancy as it’s a competitive field, but ran a good race last time out when staying on well. Jock appears to have been rewarded with keeping ride over Khumalo, drawn in pole, should go close.

R4
MOUNT LAUREL 14/1 ew.
Alexander yard flying and although carries topweight she’s classy, cherry-rope today 3rd run after layoff. Was very good over sprints as 3yr old, back down in trip here and I think will be mowing them down late.

R5
INVIDIA 14/1 ew.
Coming down in weights and on last meeting with Eden Roc is nicely better off to finish closer. Yard a bit cold for my liking but has popped up well in big racedays. Should enjoy this trip down the straight and any cut in ground should suit.

R6
CATCH TWENTY TWO @ 16/1 ew.
Hard to oppose hot de Kock favourite but @ 18/10 a top 3 I prefer CTT as a bit more value. Lerena knows him well, formlines are strong especially through a line of Red Ten who was close up in a grade 1 last time out. The long run-in should suit and he did finish best of all last time out behind Malmoos when the first 3 got away from rest of field.

R7 SUMMER CUP
TREE TUMBO and PACK LEADER.
Posted my ante-post picks on here some time ago. Both made final field and both have shortened in odds after good last outings. I have TT at 100/1 taken after his last victory, and he then went on to run a cracker 4th in the Charity Mile. He was 16/1 but since gone out to 25/1, probably off Lyle having pick of the yard rides and taking Cornish Pomodoro. TT has had a very similar prep to last years winner Zilzaal – tried in KZN Winter season, a grad plate win over 1600, and then Charity Mile route. Same as Zilzaal. Hoping that’s a good omen, and I think he’ll just get the 2000m.

PACK LEADER got 20/1 ew before his very impressive recent outing, when showing he could be getting back to best since moving yards and to Highveld. Very low weight here for a horse of his previous quality performances, and jockey has been on fire this season. At the current price I’m not sure I’d be getting too involved, but if Summer Pudding is off her game, he’s the biggest threat.

R8
Looks a boat-race between WOA and QP. Skinny prices. My only concern with WOA is she's had some hard fought races for a 3yr old, concerned it might be taking it's toll. But she is very good. QS back from break but lovely horse, one my fav's, goes well fresh. Looking at field, not many front-runners, so i'd give MAGIC SCHOOL a chance @ 22/10 place, 16/1 win. Odd ride last time out when prefers to be on the pace, could skip a few L clear and be hard to peg back if reverting to normal tactics.

R9
SUNSHINE SILK 14/1 ew
Tough race this but Lerena knows her very well, not given a hard time when out of the place chances last time out. Down to her lowest rating 100 since last victory, will enjoy every meter of this marathon.

R10
CRANK IT UP 5/1 nap
My best ew comes at end of day, evens a place, 5/1 win. Needs a strong ride and gets one with GL. Yard just 2 runners on day and this one is ultra-consistent, barely runs a poor race.

good racing.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by southpaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, kt6747, Experienced Novice

More
3 years 4 months ago #25 by coil
Superb South , mine to follow .
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
3 years 4 months ago #26 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic All Racing Tips w/c 23rd November inc Summer Cup
I reckon #5 Stella Act Race 7 will be a massive runner today and represents massive value at 5/1.

On a line through Jasmin over the 1400, Stella Act won by almost a full length at level weights. Jasmin subsequently, on Durban July day, ran a length behind the likes of Love Bomb and Caralluma, in a much tougher field than today. The apprentice claim will also help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, coil

More
3 years 4 months ago #27 by kt6747
Thanks South for thoughts. Looking forward to the day.

Race 1 - Gypsy Magic @ 50/1
Also with you on this one South for same reasons. Some more than average sorts in siblings

Race 2 - Apache Trial @ 9/1
Stable in decent form and Jock is in good form. Half brother to Pacific Trader who was very speedy.
Will through into swingers with Souths & I'm Al

Race 4 - Che Bella @ 25/1
On a line through run from 2-Oct-20 should finish close to fav. Speedy sort and dropped in the MR. Also like Mount Laurel South, will include with swingers.

Race 5 - Down to Zero @ 20/1 & Donderweer @ 50/1
Down to Zero was very impressive last time over C & D. Gets top Jock in Fourie up and light weight. At the weights should finish ahead of Eden Roc.
Donderweer - Holds fav on previous runs, over C & D and huge weight differences. Stable is in decent form and hoping for a good run.

Race 6 - Flying Carpet @ 16/1
Only Maiden in the field and on last run was impressive. On breeding should like the step up but again think it hrd to beat MDK's fav.

Race 7 - Charles @ 9/1

Race 8 - Rio's Winter @ 12/1
Old fav. Top 2 in the betting look hard to oppose but RW coming back from a break and ran less than half a length to Summer Pudding C & D. Giving weight but should be close.

Race 9 - Shennigans @ 10/1
Nice low mass and for form stable. Was very impressive in Durban in marathons so should be close back at home.

Hope you all enjoy the racing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, coil

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #28 by coil
Rae 6 Greyville adding Kavians cara at 11/1 eachway .
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by coil.

More
3 years 4 months ago #29 by coil
Durban a bit of a bloodbath for me, here is Joburg .

Race 1.
Echoing the favourite is quite short , but lots of money for Miracle and wonder , no bet except a few places on South and Kt's Gypsy Magic

Race 2.
Bartholdi seem the one to beat on exposed form , but the race is very open with some wel bred new timers as well . Marakesh is my roughie, might do better over a straight sprint but it's a good field and he probably will be outclassed.

Race 3.
Castle Corner proving very expensive to follow, another very strong maiden. though and my first choice is the Tarry trained Chariot Master

Race 4.
Top class sprint, lots with chances . Gallic Princess my first choice , also like Dancing Queen and Mount Laurel.

Race 5.
Mardi Gras has a chance , will like the draw , stable though very rotten. Eden Rock my other fancy .

Race 7.
All over Cornish Pomodoro and Charles.

Race 8.
Going to lean towards Sentbydestiny, top 2 look the right ones but hoping this one can challenge.

Race 9.
Imperial Ruby

Race 10.
Joining South with Crank it Up.

Have a great day lads
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, kt6747

More
3 years 4 months ago #30 by kt6747
Small fields in Cape Today, but I have gone with the following:

Race 2 - Secret Lizard @ 12/1
1st timer with De Melo up. Nicely bred and Dam side has some pace. Sure will go further been by Black Minoloushe in future, just think might pop up from speed on Dam side

Race 4 - Perfect Trust @ 7/1
Extremely well bred and money poured on last time when disappointed. Worth a second go for me. Previous 2 runs were impressive and drawn 1.

Race 5 - One Way Traffic @ 12/1
Extremely well bred and improvement shown from 1st to 2nd run over 1800m. High Moon one to beat but this one has better draw and more room for improvement

Race 7 - Pray for Rain @ 2/1
First run in the Cape this season, but if brings PMB form will be hard to beat. Marshall runner the danger

Race 8 - Baltimore Jack @ 50/1 & I Did What I Did
BJ - beat Kilindini when younger and since has lost any form. Last 3 have been terrible but run behind Pippilankous was impressive. Has dropped from a MR90 to 71. Worth ago at these prices
I Did What I Did @ 33/1
Carrying an extremely low mass and holds some of the more favoured on previous runs.

All small plays and weighted to places.

Enjoy the racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Experienced Novice

More
3 years 4 months ago #31 by coil
Super stuff KT, I'll add in a few from CT as we go along .

More
3 years 4 months ago #32 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic All Racing Tips w/c 23rd November inc Summer Cup
Nartjie provided some much needed bankroll for the horses. Hard to oppose Kenilworth favorites in R4 and R5, Katie To x High Moon double at roughly 4/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 4 months ago #33 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All Racing Tips w/c 23rd November inc Summer Cup
Lads put together this GFTG Jackpot based on the forum posts (was going to do a Pick 6 but missed it)

8 11 12 1 4/ 1 6 4/ 11 19 3 14 16/ 1 9/

Costs R150 and ZI have taken it twice

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Experienced Novice, The Vann

More
3 years 4 months ago #34 by Experienced Novice
Any of you guys managed to play a P6 perm? Mine below, if only for a small percentage:

13 14 1 2/ 9 8 7 6 4/ 1 8/ 19 11 15 13 14 7 2/ 9/ 8 9 12 6 2 3 10/
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
3 years 4 months ago #35 by coil
Well done South !

More
3 years 4 months ago #36 by kt6747
Agree, well done South. Great call

More
3 years 4 months ago #37 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All Racing Tips w/c 23rd November inc Summer Cup
Great call Catch 22 South

More
3 years 4 months ago #38 by southpaw
Shot guys needed that! as Coil says was gasping for air a bit up until that race.

More
3 years 4 months ago #39 by kt6747
What a win by Summer Pudding. And thanks South for the TT places. Means I can show a small profit today. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
3 years 4 months ago #40 by kt6747
If racing goes ahead tomorrow, I like the following:

Race 2 - Ketzo Mania @ 28/1
Half brother Gimmetherain was very quick the 1st couple of runs, and been by Var should also be pacy. Gets decent Jock up and hoping draw baise isn't to bad

Race 4 - Banzai Pipeline @ 18/10
My best bet of the day, for once gets a decent draw nd should like the longer run in at Scottsville

Race 8 - Sacred Arrow @ 16/1 & Indi Anna @ 20/1
Both have run againest decent sorts in Cape.
Sacred Arrow is going optimal distance and on previous runs with weight turn around holds favorite Priceless Ruler.
Indi Anna is an old fav and can't but be tempted at that price.

Will post anymore in the morning once know going etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Experienced Novice

More
3 years 4 months ago #41 by southpaw
Profitable day, win in last would have been preferred but solid evens place strike.

Be good to hear other lads thoughts - I was mystified why half field in summer cup were so far back entering home straight. Like they were riding in another race. Zero chance from there.

More
3 years 4 months ago #42 by Brent Graham
I was amazed South - reminded me of a Tour de France stage where a rider loses the wheel in front of him and the peloton splits - those in the back split had no chance

More
3 years 4 months ago #43 by kt6747
Yeah South I have watched a few times and still amazed. Brent love your explanation, made perfect sense. Gray horse I think couldn't keep up with Summer pudding and lost the wheel allowing the gap. :)

More
3 years 4 months ago #44 by coil
Ditto lads , most unusual race to watch, didn't help I laid Summer Pudding and could see at the 500m I was a goner .

Hoping there is racing at Scotsville tomorrow as I need to bounce back .

More
3 years 4 months ago #45 by Experienced Novice

kt6747 wrote: If racing goes ahead tomorrow, I like the following:

Race 2 - Ketzo Mania @ 28/1
Half brother Gimmetherain was very quick the 1st couple of runs, and been by Var should also be pacy. Gets decent Jock up and hoping draw baise isn't to bad

Race 4 - Banzai Pipeline @ 18/10
My best bet of the day, for once gets a decent draw nd should like the longer run in at Scottsville

Race 8 - Sacred Arrow @ 16/1 & Indi Anna @ 20/1
Both have run againest decent sorts in Cape.
Sacred Arrow is going optimal distance and on previous runs with weight turn around holds favorite Priceless Ruler.
Indi Anna is an old fav and can't but be tempted at that price.

Will post anymore in the morning once know going etc.

If KT gives us his "best bet" approval, you go all in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747