All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup

More
5 months 1 week ago #1 by mackem
No racing locally on Monday, will have a preview for Durbanville on Tuesday in due course. We will see what we put together for the Summer Cup as well and all this week's racicng tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #2 by mackem
Winning Form, Durbanville on Tuesday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/durbanville-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 1 week ago #3 by mackem
Winning Form , Greyville on Wednesday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-we...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #4 by mackem
Plenty early enough with this but here is my Summer Cup Day preview for Races 3-10

Note, a preview with betting tips for all the feature races on Summer Cup day is available here

Summary of picks, odds will no doubt change quite a bit

Race 3: Gilded Butterfly to win at 5/1

Race 4: Main Defender to win at 11/10

Race 5: Egyptian Mau to win at 7/2

Race 6: Tote Boxed Exacta 1 and 6 Sandingham Summit and Guy Gibson

Race 7: Royal Victory 66/1 each way

Race 8: Breeze Over to win at 11/2

Race 9: Time Fo Orchids 16/1 each way

Race 10: American Star win at 6/1

Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by mackem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
5 months 1 week ago #5 by mackem
Winning Form, Vaal on Thursday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/vaal-thursda...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 1 week ago #6 by mackem
Winning Form, Fairview on Friday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 1 week ago #7 by mackem
Winning Form, Summer Cup Day, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 1 week ago #8 by mackem
Decent card at Kenilworth on Sunday too, here's the Punters Challenge preview from Winning Form

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/kenilworth-s...rse-racing-tips.html

More
5 months 6 days ago #9 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup
Caught up with Little Woozy earlier

Click here to watch on You Tube

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 months 6 days ago #10 by kt6747
Another amazing days racing and can’t wait for it. Good Luck Mackem for Royal Victory, think we will all be shouting him home.

Race 1
12 – Queen of Fire @ 33/1 (Hollywood)
Stable always brings them to the course ready. Slight concern doesn’t have stable jock up but that doesn’t always mean anything. Half Sibling Quandry was very quick as juvenile, and full sibling Question of Faith the same. Also drawn on the outside which is always good.
16 – Simply Majestic @ 30/1 (Betxchange)
Normal Jock Lerena not up, Dennis more than a capable replacement. Full brother Capsicain was super quick early in career, and at this price cant get hurt.

Might be worth watching betting till tomorrow as with all these races it sometimes pays to follow the money.

Race 2
No 17 – Gold Agent @ 30/1 (Betxchange)
Really thought last run was decent against an above average sort who it nearly beat. Now drawn on outside of track and hopefully will be able to repeat. Also gets the 2.5kg sex allowance, which I always believe helps the fillies, I remember Glen Kotzen saying that Gold Standard took awhile to mature.

No 7 – Lions Eye @ 55/1 (Betxchange)
Bred for further but run behind Sandringham Summit when obviously not fully tuned, was decent. The 7L not true reflection I believe, not endured with when seen not going to come close. Drawn on right side and I just think gelding might make a big difference.

Race 3
No 8 – Star Coin @ 16/1 (WSB/Betxchange)
Looking at the field, there is only 3 horses who have won C/D. Stable and horse haven’t been in best form, but I think this one is looking for this distance minimum, and may be better over a bit further in time. I just think this is its best chance, running at them from off the pace up the long straight.

Race 4
No 1 – Dave the King @ 14/1 (WSB)
For me its either Main Defender or field. I think Main Defenders running style should me going to the front and holding on, but been drawn the wrong side could open something for someone else.
I like some of Dave the King, has won over distance and with front running style and been drawn on the right side, hopefully will be allowed to go and will just get home. Not confident, but think is proven class horse.

Race 5
No 4 – Betula @ 25/2 (Hollywood)
Have liked this once for awhile, top 2 in the beeting look good sorts, but this one is still lightly exposed and think can pop up. On Bredding been out of the sister for an Oaks winner, distance shouldn’t be a problem, and been by Danon Platina should also like this, if not further. Drawn 3 and gets top jock.
No 12 – My Soul Mate @ 25/1 (WSB)
Won over Distance twice, once C/D. Also beautifully bred and on breeding, siblings should like the distance.
I always believe in these races, a surprise can pop up, especially for lightly raced horses.

Race 6
The Africa House @ 20/1 (WSB/BetXchange)
Lets be honest, Sandringham Summit should win comfortably, and will banker in most of my exotics. Bu this one was drawn worst and was flying at the finish. Now drawn 1, hopefully will be able to be closer and hopefully at least battle out for second with Gimmeanotherchance.

Race 7
Very open race and think Fav could be hard to beat, just never gives up but will take him on as usual. Already on Mackems Royal Victory at a nice price.
No 9 - Billy Bowlegs @ 15/1
Been prepped for this race I think, don’t think its stable elect but think definitely worth ago at this price like you said Brent.
No 10 – Son of Raj @ 16/1
On last run has huge weight swing with other and now only carrying 54Kg. Bad draw but will be running on I think.

Race 8
Nice race, and I will be on the old boy in Nebrass, but will wait for him to drift a bit, hopefully to around 4’s

Race 9
No 9 – ColdHardStare @ 12/1 (WSB)
I have followed this one for awhile, and was on her last time, GVN, 1 of only 3 rides tomorrow.
No 12 – Bomber Girl @ 40/1 (WSB)
Was totally out classed last time, but has some really decent runs over sprints, and think will be worth ago, and take top 5 at Hollywood when offered. Also think you will be able to get bigger tomorrow.

Race 10
No 6 – Scarlett Pimpernel @ 7/1 (Hollywood)
I have liked this one for awhile and won a nice race last time. Is giving weight on that one, but I think more to come from this 3 year old. Respect for Jason’s selection but will take him on.

Enjoy the days racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham, southpaw, coil, The Vann, Naidoo

More
5 months 6 days ago #11 by coil
What a great write up KT , many thanks for that .

All the best tomorrow Chris , fingers crossed he has a safe run and can do you proud .

I'm working all day but hoping to catch the odd race .

I'll post any fancies tomorrow morn .

Enjoy what should be a great day's racing .

More
5 months 6 days ago #12 by southpaw
Top stuff KT and little woozy.

Sadly maxed on time this week due to work. Trying to find some time this am to go thru card, just one for me quickly -

T5 MY SOUL MATE @ 25/1 ew.
Put this one up on forum a few weeks back but got scratched on day. I think is very progressive and as KT points out is very well bred. The jockey booking really stands out has a great record with yard.

Post others a bit later and all the best Mackem and connections in the big one.

More
5 months 6 days ago #13 by southpaw
quick ones -

T4 Gladitorian @ 40/1 ew. KZN star, hopefully likes the highveld. no harm at price.

T6 Sovereign State @ 33/1 not disgraced last time, might run on.

T7 I like 2 outsiders -
Anfields Rocket @ 20/1. Back on favourite track and better trip, seems to bring best on big meetings.
East Coast @ 25/1 i think coming back to best form and good draw for a change.

Also RV @ 66/1 ew small interest.

good racing.

More
5 months 6 days ago #14 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup
I heard this from a guy who heard this from a guy - places LittleMarySunshine in the 3rd 8/1 at Betx (top 3)

More
5 months 6 days ago #15 by kt6747
Mackem you beauty, so well done. Amazing win and the Grade 1 for you guys.

Reaaly excited for you guys

More
5 months 6 days ago #16 by Naidoo
Well done Chris and all the connections on Royal, what a bloody horse and those odds DAMN!

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo

More
5 months 6 days ago #17 by southpaw
Bloody amazing well done Chris what a win!! Hope the celebrations go long into the night!! Geez I’m shaking for you!

More
5 months 6 days ago #18 by Laraxwell
Replied by Laraxwell on topic All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup
Brilliant stuff!
Been following RV's progress from this side of the sphere.
Delighted for you Mackem!

More
5 months 6 days ago #19 by Brent Graham
Mackem I can think of no family more deserving - absolute goose bumps and enjoy the celebrations

What a win and of course Nathan mentioned the July

More
5 months 6 days ago #20 by Brent Graham
Spare a thought for those that backed Royal Victory on the tote - paid 18/1 - crazy

More
5 months 6 days ago #21 by Little Woozy
Replied by Little Woozy on topic All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup
Well done Chris..... top top win. Very happy for you and your wife. Wooohoooo

More
5 months 5 days ago #22 by mackem
This might take a while to sink in guys but what a day, all credit To Royal and the team at Nathan Kotzen Racing Stables, we small shareholders and so grateful for the amazing journey the yard have taken us on.

More
5 months 5 days ago #23 by mackem
and big thanks for all the good wishes, means plenty, Chris and family

More
5 months 5 days ago #24 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic All Racing Tips w/c 20th November inc Summer Cup
So chuffed for you and the family Chris. Royal Victory was a sight to behold!

More
5 months 5 days ago - 5 months 5 days ago #25 by southpaw
good card in the Cape, a few early ones -

R1 Bjorn Ironside @ 10/1 ew, not in Cape string of yard for nothing and jock booking catches eye.

R4 Marvel William @ 13/1 ew, signs of coming back to form and CD winner.

R8 Questioning @ 33/10 i think can get better of hot fave.
Last edit: 5 months 5 days ago by southpaw. Reason: price and race number

More
5 months 5 days ago #26 by kt6747
Thanks South, and another day of decent racing, and some nice sorts stepping out again.

Race 1
No. 2 – Sweetie Darling @ 10/1 (HWB)
Nothing strong, stable and jock been good to me of late. Also dam showed early speed. Nothing big but will be good to see which side of the course is better up the straight before the big races.

Also like Vihaans Web.

Race 2
No. 4 – Saartjie @ 7/1 (WSB)
Won C/D previously, also beaten fav over the distance in Durban.
No. 7 – Broadway Girl @ 22/1 (WSB)
I know probably stupid, but know she loves to run on, and hoping with the head wind predicted per YR and Gallop, maybe she will surprise.

I am trying to beat the fav as never won over further than 1400m. Stable seems confident but heavy mass to carry. Who knows, might end up with egg over my face. LOL.

Race 3
No. 4 - No Apologies @ 10/1 (HWB/BetX)
Always rated this horse and from following comments so do the stable. Giving him another chance. Well drawn and got light mass.

No 16 – Fairie Advantage @ 40/1 (WSB)
Horrendous draw but hoping with longer run in will be able to run on in very open race. Has performed in this class and race very open.

Race 5
No. 10 – Lunch Money @ 11/1 (WSB)
Positive comment and gets stable Jock up. Won C/D and got some more than decent course sprint form.

No. 14 – Bright Blue Sky @ 25/1 (WSB)
Had a couple of decent runs at Durbanville, and now hoping up the straight the wide draw wont affect. Holds 2nd fav Savantrix on last run, when drawn not inside of him. Worth ago at this price.

Race 6
No. 12 – Rio Quereri @ 6/1
Last run behind Princess Calla and King regent was good. Hoping back to best for season.

Race 7
No. 4 – Jerusalema Rain @ 7/1 (8/1 @ WSB)
I know still early to Cape, but has beaten both fav and 2nd fav. Ran right up on Main Defender and Lucky Lad. Now also getting weight from both of them. If brings any of early form should go close.

Race 8
No. 8 – My Golly Molly @ 50/1
Run in Langerman to me was very impressive and beat a lot of this field. Using a line on Snow Pilot, should finish close to Questioning. I think we can put a line through last run as saddle slipped.

I think fav is hard to beat if see’s distance out.

Enjoy the days racing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, southpaw

More
5 months 5 days ago #27 by southpaw
top form again KT! Well done.

Mine backed into 7/2 from 10's and scratched at the start. :-(

More
5 months 5 days ago #28 by kt6747
Thanks South. Yeah got nastily tangled in the stalls.

More
5 months 5 days ago #29 by southpaw
Square for day so will try one in the last - Pas de Nom 20/1 ew runs well fresh.