Rugby Internationals, Top 14 final + other rugby 24 June to 6 July

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1 by Brent Graham
An up and down weekend for me with the Chiefs unders arriving but Glasgow over 21.5 falling agonizingly short - overall a loss sadly

There is very little rugby this week but there is the Top 14 final and we already have betting on the major internationals next weekend so this thread can carry us through to July 7

Top 14
Toulouse -9.5 v Bordeaux

Internationals
New Zealand -12.5 v England
Australia -12.5 v Wales
South Africa -5.5 v Ireland

Early thoughts are that I think England can push New Zealand

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Brent Graham
Its a quiet rugby weekend so instead of the usual THE HANDICAP show I will be chatting betting strategy with The Mossman live at 21h00 on Thursday

We will take questions from the live chat but if you have any questions or topics you would like discussed post here or e-mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Kirky
Slightly off topic here, but I feel I must advise of my latest master-stroke :whistle:

Nigel Farage's Reform UK party to win most seats in the UK General election 4th july 2024
3 units @ 34.00 Pokerbet (Labour @ 1.02 / and Tories @ 26.00).

This has never ever been done before by a new political party. And it means that in this event, Nigel will be the new PM.
But the current Torie PM is a liar and a failure, and the Labour Leader is absolutely gormless.

Reform is generating so much that is positive, that the British public have gone from the depths of despair a few months ago to almost jubilation now, and the pollsters are slow to recognize it.

I believe that Nigel is going to win with a landslide.
Here's to Reform UK :beer :beer
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Kirky.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #4 by kompos

Kirky wrote:

LOL - if that is your firm opinion, this price will blow your mind - Reform to win 7 (SEVEN) seats or more is 15/10
and in the market "most seats without labour" they are 3rd fav's at 12/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Brent Graham
The u20 World Championship starts this weekend and we will run a Tournament Thread

There is also a Politics thread as I think there will be alot of interest in the lead up to the US and UK elections and if Kirkys post is anything to go by there could be some great value out there

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #6 by Jameson

Kirky wrote: Slightly off topic here, but I feel I must advise of my latest master-stroke :whistle:

Nigel Farage's Reform UK party to win most seats in the UK General election 4th july 2024
3 units @ 34.00 Pokerbet (Labour @ 1.02 / and Tories @ 26.00).

This has never ever been done before by a new political party. And it means that in this event, Nigel will be the new PM.
But the current Torie PM is a liar and a failure, and the Labour Leader is absolutely gormless.

Reform is generating so much that is positive, that the British public have gone from the depths of despair a few months ago to almost jubilation now, and the pollsters are slow to recognize it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the best the Reform fascists can hope for is to form the main opposition - I personally wont mind that as I hate the Tories so much - but it aint going to happen.

You've lost your marbles dude - men in white coats on their way!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #7 by coil
Go Reform you beauties , the Tories were useless . However there is a uni party in the UK that's made up of Labour and the Conservatives . Two supposedly different parties but believe in the same thing , the destruction of the British nation , the promotion of DEI , the mass immigration in particular of Islam and all it's nasty business . Sadly Labour will get in and we are in for an even worse time of it I'm afraid. Keir Starmer who can't describe what a woman is amongst many things . However if Reform can continue their encouraging start and with Nigel back in charge we have a chance , here's to 2029 or perhaps sooner after the economy crashes under Labour .

My bets , Labour under 395.5 seat at 11/2 , Labour percentage 36-37.99% at 13/2. Reform seat greater than 6.5 at 9/5 .
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by coil.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #8 by Brent Graham

Brent Graham wrote: Its a quiet rugby weekend so instead of the usual THE HANDICAP show I will be chatting betting strategy with The Mossman live at 21h00 on Thursday

We will take questions from the live chat but if you have any questions or topics you would like discussed post here or e-mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We have decided to postpone this to make sure we structure it correctly so there will be no show tonight - back next week at 21h00

Thanks for questions already received

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #9 by southpaw
Toulouse v Bordeaux

perfect conditions tonight, the 2 best attacking sides from top 14.

Points line over 50.5 @ 17/20

I am going overs. I think this is fast and open from the off, despite being a final.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Brent Graham
Guys saw a tweet from @ThalaMsutu77 that the Top 14 is on ch437 at 21h00 tonight

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #11 by Roger Rabbit

southpaw wrote: Toulouse v Bordeaux

I am going overs. I think this is fast and open from the off, despite being a final.

Hold onto your seats , I like this south and I’m going to follow! Best of luck!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #12 by coil
I think the second half points will be as rare as my recent wins in the Euros , as a result I'm holding fire the first half , hoping for loads and then firing unders at the break !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Rabbit

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #13 by southpaw
Cannot believe no more points since 24th minute. Should be close to landing overs by now.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #14 by coil
Managed to get unders 59.5 after 23min . Very unlucky they didn't award that last try , seemed legit.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Jameson
The dreaded 'no score in 20 mins of play' strikes again. Looks like he lost control of that ball for the last 'try'. Pretty poor not to score from that range ......

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #16 by southpaw
Have no regrets on the bet was always the right option in my opinion. Just those painful 20 minutes no score as you say, just kills you, this game should have been 40 points at HT and the disallowed try salt in the wounds.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #17 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Have no regrets on the bet was always the right option in my opinion. Just those painful 20 minutes no score as you say, just kills you, this game should have been 40 points at HT and the disallowed try salt in the wounds.

3pts scored in 40 mins of play indicates to me that it was the wrong option .... :-)

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #18 by southpaw

Jameson wrote:

southpaw wrote: Have no regrets on the bet was always the right option in my opinion. Just those painful 20 minutes no score as you say, just kills you, this game should have been 40 points at HT and the disallowed try salt in the wounds.

3pts scored in 40 mins of play indicates to me that it was the wrong option .... :-)

Not worth it
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by southpaw.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #19 by Jameson

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #20 by Roger Rabbit

Roger Rabbit wrote:

Hold onto your seats , I like this south and I’m going to follow! Best of luck!

Steady now Jamersons. Easy as you like , well played South! Hard luck Coil , I could only follow on 365 and can’t believe that last try .. hard lines sir
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Roger Rabbit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #21 by Jameson
Never in doubt!! :-)

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #22 by Quill

Thank you South for a good, well spotted bet

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #23 by Naidoo
Never in doubt!

Cheers South and RR, thanks for the confidence in the bet :beer

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Rabbit

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #24 by coil
Well done lads , it ended up a route ! sweated for my under 59.5 to be screwed in the last second

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #25 by Brent Graham
Wow what a finish - great stuff South that ticket was def in the bin

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26 by southpaw
Thanks lads, and so stiff coil. Got to be honest I was a miserable git for most that 2nd half, couldn’t believe the lack of points. Than all the missed conversions. Justice was served!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #27 by Jameson
I'm claiming full credit for this win - as soon as I started moaning things turned good! :-P
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #28 by shaft
Japan XV vs Maori All Blacks

Should be one way traffic this. Small play though for an interest.

Japan XV no tries @ 9/1

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."