Cycling : w/c 26th April Tour of Romandie and Other

More
2 years 11 months ago #1 by The Vann
The traditional Giro warm-up starts today. The Tour of Romandie - Six stages - 4km Prologue followed by three lumpy bumpys with a mountain top finish on Saturday and a 16km ITT on Sunday. Previous winners include Roglic, Porte, Quintana, Froome. All four road stages are in the 160km range.
I missed most of last weeks cycling but watched a short highlight package on Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Was impressed with the fellow who lead the bunch in 7 seconds down on Pogs (Nice pick there Brent). Can also time trial - finished 9 seconds behind Pogacar over 14km at Tour of Basque. Has been handed the UAE lead for this week. Odds look too long for me
Outright - Tour of Lombardie
Win
Hirschi @ 200/1 (This at WSB for a few beers)
1-3
Hirschi @ 25/1 Main bet
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by The Vann
Interesting prologue today - 4km with first 3km flat and last km a climb of 7.6%. The field is packed with top ITT riders but do they make enough seconds over 3km to hold off the lighter riders? Interesting and we are definitely talking under 5 seconds here. One of each for me
Tour of Romandie Stage 1
Win
Cavagna @ 10/1
1-3
Porte @ 11/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by kt6747
Thanks Vann, will follow you with your overall.

For today I am going with the following:
Geriant Thomas @ 12/1
Shown he can TT and climb, hoping he can come out firing and I at least get a chance
Chad Haga @ 300/1
I remember a couple of years ago he won a ITT, this is probably a bit short but I remember there was hill so hoping he can surprise and podium.

Will also follow with Richie.

Something to look forward to this afternoon.

More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Cycling : w/c 26th April Tour of Romandie and Other
Need to find a better bookie for Cycling, only using sky bet at the minute and they didn't have Prologue betting (liked Porte @50/1), I do have the young rider for DSM in the Overall Classification.

Ilan Van Wilder @150/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
2 years 11 months ago #5 by The Vann
Did OK yesterday with Richie and Hirschi posted a good time.
Today is perfect for a break but without the time gaps Ineos will not allow a large group up the road so betting on a sprint finish. Sagan at 7/4 is too short. I'm hoping Bahrain go with Bauhaus as he is faster than Colbrelli and the books have priced up Colbrelli as the sprinter, so value here. Adding the youngster from Belgium for a place. He has the speed in this field - just depends if he gets in position.
Tour of Romandie Stage 1
Win
Bauhaus @ 33/1
1-3
Bauhaus @ 15/2
Thijssen @ 12/1

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #6 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Cycling : w/c 26th April Tour of Romandie and Other
Stage 2 EW

Andreas Kron @125/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by kcmarinopirlo.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7 by The Vann
Nil return yesterday with neither of my sprinters making it over the last climb. Not sure what ailed Lutsenko yesterday and don't have the time to search so hoping it was just shedding time for a stage attempt.
Tour of Lombardie Stage 2
Win
Lutsenko @ 14/1
1-3
Pellaud @ 25/1
Hirt @ 80/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #8 by The Vann
Break never made it yesterday. Finish today is three laps but not sure of the final climb. Depending where you look it varies from 2.5km at 7.7% to 2.1km at 8.6%. Probably watch it first time around and throw in someone in play.
Lombardie Stage 3
Win
Bevin @ 7/1
e/w
Pellaud @ 80/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #9 by kcmarinopirlo
Believe its 2.5km at 7.8%, Ben O'Connor jumped off the front late in the stage yesterday can see a few more follow suit.

Taken O'Connor @400/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
2 years 11 months ago #10 by The Vann
Mountain top finish today and it's a tough one. Just does not look like there is any climber + 4min behind good enough to win - Superman is there but he is just starting his season. Looks like Thomas v Kuss but at 7/2 not interested. A few beers and spending the stage money on a treble
Stage 4
Win
Ion Izagirre @ 25/1
e/w
Pellaud @ 80/1
Treble
Thomas/Porte - Masnada/O"Connor - Caruso/Soler
@ 37/10

More
2 years 11 months ago #11 by The Vann
Sadly Hirschi bonked yesterday and my out right went down the tubes when he shed 21min in less then 10km.
The weather is forecast to be OK for the early riders but really crap near the end. I have no doubt Thomas wins this ITT under normal circumstances but I'm going smalls on the weather. Riders go off in their GC positions so taking
Romandie Stage 5
Win
Cavagna(60) @ 9/2
e/w
Cerny(94) @ 80/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: VanDamme

More
2 years 11 months ago #12 by kcmarinopirlo
I took G @6/1 win only, can see him being extra motivated after the crash too.

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
2 years 11 months ago #13 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling : w/c 26th April Tour of Romandie and Other
Great call Cavagna Vann

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann