The latest Goodforthegame newsletter penned by @BrentGraham with best bets for the weekend of 16th to 18th October
Our run of successful bets came to an end last week when Northland failed to beat the handicap at home to Southland in the Mitre 10 Cup. The only consolation was that the game took place at 02:00 Sunday South African time so there was no way I was sitting up to watch that one.
On the face of it the first week of South African rugby didn’t go well for me, calling 2 of the 3 handicaps wrong, but fortunately my biggest involvement was over 40.5 on the Cheetahs points and that arrived in the first half. This weeks betting blog powered by Playabets is titled “Cheetahs to the Rescue”!
Punters Divided on the Weekend Plays
If one thing was apparent on last night’s THE HANDICAP betting show it was that there is very little alignment amongst the punters this week. The Cheetahs and Bulls game is basically a choice affair with the bookmakers although there appears to be some big money for the Cheetahs who are firming as favourites.
My guests were @OraclePedia and @HanrickSwart and the show focused largely on Super Rugby Unlocked and also Sunday’s Bledisloe Cup game where @HanrickSwart is looking for Australia to beat the Handicap once again.
Click here to watch THE HANDICAP “Rugby Chat that Matters”.
Click here for a podcast version of the show.
Both @HanrickSwart and I like the Stormers team that takes on the Lions, but as pointed out by Hein Diemont in the live chat, my half-time fancy on the Stormers may be impacted by the fact that they are short of a gallop given that they didn’t play last weekend. In the end I am going to go with the Stormers to win by 11 points or more.
BEST BET: 5 units Stormers -10.5 at 9/10 at WSB
Click here for the Trademark Betting Previews on all 3 Super Rugby Unlocked matches
Other Highlights on Goodforthegame:
- English Premier League Betting Preview 17 October
- The NRL semi-finals Betting Preview on the BetOlimp Blog courtesy of Couch Critic also previews Super Rugby Unlocked Round 2 and shares his best bets
- Chris Sturdy is back with his booster English Premier League treble for BetOlimp
- The Preview for New Zealand and Australia is our featured article on the WSB Blog
- Stay close to the Goodforthegame Rugby Thread for bets and information all weekend
- Last, but not least the Betting Stig’s lines are up on his blog and you can compare the algorithm to the bookmakers handicap.
Onto the weekends acca – 1 unit at 10.8/1 at WSB
Bristol / Toulon (Home)8/11
Auckland (+4.5) / Tasman (-4.5) (Away)9/10
Exeter (-2.5) / Racing Metro (+2.5) (Home)9/10
New Zealand (-14.5) / Australia (+14.5) (Away)9/10
Have a good one
Subscribe to our newsletter below, it's free.
Copyright © 2019 Sports Bet Services, All rights reserved.