Women's World Cup

• Profitable_Hedgehog
  • Profitable_Hedgehog's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #1 by Profitable_Hedgehog
Women's World Cup was created by Profitable_Hedgehog
The Women's FIFA World Cup is under way in Australia and New Zealand, and as is often the case with women's football. The bookies have no idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Profitable_Hedgehog
More
11 months 1 week ago #2 by Profitable_Hedgehog
Replied by Profitable_Hedgehog on topic Women's World Cup
Taking Barbara Banda to score for Zambia anytime vs Japan at 3.10

Also taking her to score 2 or more at 11.00

She's an elite footballer (possibly the quickest in women's football) and the only reason she doesn't play for a top European club is due to the issues surrounding her testosterone levels. For context, she has scored 38 goals in 42 games for Zambia.

More
11 months 1 week ago #3 by kompos
Replied by kompos on topic Women's World Cup
LOL - the bookies may have ""no idea", but they are the ones betting to 105 to 120%(on some markets) - as always that gives them the edge

More
11 months 1 week ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Women's World Cup
Anyone punting this? Must confess I haven't seen a ball kicked in anger yet

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
11 months 1 week ago #5 by Chiefie
Replied by Chiefie on topic Women's World Cup
I popped £10 on over 0.5 FH goals in this Switzerland Norway game. 0-0 at HT Obvs.

I don’t think I can watch anymore ladies sport. The football is particularly difficult to watch.

Thoroughly enjoying paying £21 a month for now tv sports in the UK to watch women’s NRL.

Give me strength.

More
11 months 1 week ago #6 by kompos
Replied by kompos on topic Women's World Cup
sometimes it's the only game in town, and I am not put off by the fact that "I know nothing" to quote Basil from Fawlty towers or "dead rubbers" and other frequently quoted reasons not to have a bet - odds are odds and as long as they they bet to 105% or less, I am a customer.
So far it's been good to me - NZ to beat Norway at 11/1 and The Philippines to beat NZ at 12/1 !! or back the draw and make an in running book

• Profitable_Hedgehog
More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #7 by Profitable_Hedgehog
Fancy Spain at -4.5 vs Zambia at 2.00

Zambia looked all over the place vs Japan and Spain cruised to a 3-0 win against Costa Rica. Although worth noting Zambia's first choice keeper was sent off vs Japan, so she misses this game.
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Profitable_Hedgehog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
11 months 1 week ago #8 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic Women's World Cup
Spain vs Zambia

Zambia were thrashed 5-0 by Japan and lost their second-string goalkeeper Catherine Musonda to a red card. Prior to the start of the tournament first-string keeper Hazel Nali suffered a knee injury. That means Eunice Sakala is the starter for the Spain match.

With Zambia down to their third choice goalkeeper and already looking quite demoralized, backing Spain to rack up a high score looks like the way to go.

Bet: Spain -4.5 @1.99

More
11 months 1 week ago #9 by Flemenstar
Replied by Flemenstar on topic Women's World Cup
Go 2-0 up and pull up. We are worse for betting on women's football

More
11 months 1 week ago #10 by Quill

Flemenstar wrote: Go 2-0 up and pull up. We are worse for betting on women's football

There've been quite a few such matches so far.

Spain 3-0 vs Costa Rica with 3-0 at half time and a penalty missed, 49 shots and 22 corners.

Japan today, 2-0 vs Costa Rica with 2-0 at half time and an utter domination by Japan with 25 shots.

In the meantime Spain scored 2 more, but I am so pissed off.

More
11 months 1 week ago #11 by Quill
Canada vs Ireland

Canada drew 0-0 vs Nigeria in the first match, after a poor performance.

Ireland played very well against Australia and lost only 1-0, from a penalty.

Canada is a big favourite, but the way the two teams looked in their first group matches, there isn't much between them.

Ireland impressed, especially that they had a more difficult game than Canada.

The bookies expect a low scoring game, with the goal line set at +/- 1.75.

This is also according to the scores so far, we had mostly low scoring games.

I think that Ireland deserves a little more respect from the markets and I will take them to stay within the +0.75 handicap, and if they lose by one goal we lose half the stake.

With a point in this match, Ireland stay in the qualification race.

We have an attack that didn't impress, Canada's, and an Irish defence that impressed, and if it wasn't for that penalty, they could have finished 0-0 with Australia.

I'm not going for total under 2.5 or 2.0, but going for the correct score.

Bet 1: Ireland +0.75 @1.85
Bet 2: Draw @3.30 - half a stake
Bet 3: CS 0-0 @6.50 - a beer
Bet 4: CS 1-1 @7.50 - a beer

More
11 months 1 week ago #12 by Chiefie
Direct goal from a corner kick, and a 40m own goal.

Jeezzzzzz, womens football hey.

More
11 months 6 days ago #13 by Quill
USA vs Netherlands

Both teams play positive football.

Bet 1: Over 2.25 goals @2.00
Bet 2: Over 1.5 goals + Over 6.5 corners @1.75

More
11 months 6 days ago #14 by Quill
Portugal vs Vietnam

Portugal’s national team has been getting better and better in recent years, and three points against Vietnam would give them a shot on the final day of the group stage to make it to the round of 16.

Vietnam played with grit and determination to only lose 3-0 to the United States, despite the 27 shots conceded, with zero shots of their own, as well as zero corners. However, the talent level of this squad is vastly lower than the rest.

Vietnam qualified to this World Cup because they made the quarterfinals of the Asian Women’s Cup in 2022, but they made the quarterfinals by finishing third in their group, on goal differential. Vietnam were second among the third place teams, so they qualified.

In terms of talent, their main striker Nhu Huynh is the only player playing in Europe. Otherwise, every other player is playing domestically.

The reality is this team lacks the talent to compete with Portugal.

The big trend at this World Cup is the that the unders hit at a crazy rate. So, with how poor Vietnam are going forward in attack, I see no reason this will change. Also, if they will defend the same way they did against USA, Portugal will have a lot of work to do.

Bet 1: Bet builder - Portugal to win to nil + over 0.5 cards @1.80
Bet 2: Bet builder - Portugal to win to nil + under 4.5 goals @1.80

More
11 months 6 days ago #15 by Quill
Australia vs Nigeria

Nigeria plays a physical game and this is how they managed to secure a 0-0 against Canada, the Olympic champions.

They also managed to get the possession back from Canada many times.

Nigerian striker Asisat Oshoala plays for Barcelona, and she was a major reason why Barcelona won the Champions League.

A key piece in the Nigerian defence, Deborah Abiodun will be suspended because of the red card she received against Canada.

Nigeria defended very well against Canada and if they will play the same way tonight, Australia will have a long day at the office.

For Australia, Sam Kerr (Chelsea), is out injured.
Moreover, two more key players got injured at training these past couple of days, both forwards, so Australia has major problems even before the match has started.

The way Nigeria plays, and the important players missing from the Australia team, and with a diminished attacking power for the home team, I think we'll see some struggles on the pitch.

Bet: Bet builder - Under 3.5 goals + Australia double chance + over 1.5 cards + over 6.5 corners @2.00

More
11 months 6 days ago #16 by Chiefie

Quill wrote: Australia vs Nigeria

Nigeria plays a physical game and this is how they managed to secure a 0-0 against Canada, the Olympic champions.

Nigerian striker Asisat Oshoala plays for Barcelona, and she was a major reason why Barcelona won the Champions League.

A key piece in the Nigerian defence, Deborah Abiodun will be suspended because of the red card she received against Canada.

Nigeria defended very well against Canada and if they will play the same way tonight, Australia will have a long day at the office.

Moreover, two more key players got injured at training these past couple of days, both forwards, so Australia has major problems even before the match has started.

The way Nigeria plays, and the important players missing from the Australia team, and with a diminished attacking power for the home team, I think we'll see some struggles on the pitch.

Bet: Bet builder - Under 3.5 goals + Australia double chance + over 1.5 cards + over 6.5 corners @2.00

Not sure if you're watching Quill, but horror goal kick from Nigerian keeper, Aussie goal in 46th min, then a Nigerian goal in the 51st minute (only meant to be 5Min extra time). Ref not checking her watch, or not sure how time works. Grade A bolony.

More
11 months 6 days ago #17 by Quill

Chiefie wrote:

Not sure if you're watching Quill, but horror goal kick from Nigerian keeper, Aussie goal in 46th min, then a Nigerian goal in the 51st minute (only meant to be 5Min extra time). Ref not checking her watch, or not sure how time works. Grade A bolony.

Watching.
After a glorious double bet in the Portugal match, I get served this :sick:

More
11 months 6 days ago #18 by Chiefie

Quill wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Watching.
After a glorious double bet in the Portugal match, I get served this :sick:

The under 3.5 was the final in my treble 3-1 treble.

Broncos to win - 32-10
Portugal to win to nil - 2-0
Under 3.5 goals - don’t know, I’m having a crap

More
11 months 5 days ago #19 by Quill
England vs Denmark

Bet 1: Draw @3.50
Bet 2: Bet builder - England Double Chance + Under 2.5 goals + over 5.5 corners + over 0.5 cards @2.00

More
11 months 2 days ago #20 by Quill
Japan vs Spain

The defences of these two teams have not been tested so far due to the poor teams they faced.

Both teams have good firepower in their squads, and the total set for this match is low.

Bet 1: Total over 2.0 goals @1.83
Bet 2: BTTS - Yes @2.25

More
11 months 2 days ago #21 by Quill
Costa Rica vs Zambia

Both teams lost their matches to nil so far.

This match has no implications, they should play without pressure and enjoy themselves.

Bet 1: Over 2.5 goals and both to score @2.05
Bet 2: Over 2.5 goals @1.73

More
11 months 2 days ago #22 by Quill
Ireland vs Nigeria

Ireland struggled to create dangerous opportunities in the opposition penalty box in both their matches.
Their only goal came directly from a corner kick.

Their defence however, played well, and they play a physical game overall.
Nigeria play a physical game too, and their defence is tight.
They didn't allow Australia to create many opportunities and the real dangers in their own penalty box were rare.

Nigeria goes further with a draw.
Ireland goes home after this match, but they want to get at least one point from this competition, so they will try hard.

With a struggling Irish attack and good defence, and a good Nigerian defence and slightly better attack, I think that a bet on the draw is in order.

Bet: Draw @3.00

More
11 months 2 days ago - 11 months 2 days ago #23 by Quill
Canada vs Australia

Australia must win this.

Two good news for the team, with Sam Kerr (leading goalscorer for Australia and Chelsea, where she won the title too) and Mary Fowler (striker playing for Man City) return to the team after injuries.

Fowler starts alongside Foord (Arsenal), with Sam Kerr to bring a boost from the bench.

Canada's attack is very good, Australia's defence is shaky.

Canada needs at least a draw to go through, so they will insist to score.

Australia will have to start strong and decisive, and I think they will score first.

Fowler and Kerr are a big boost for their team mates.

In all 4 matches that these teams played so far we had many corners.

Bet 1: Australia to score first @2.50
Bet 2: BTTS - Yes @2.00
Bet 3: Bet builder - Australia or draw + over 1.5 goals + over 6.5 corners @2.15
Bet 4: Over 9.5 corners @2.00
Bet 5: Over 2.0 goals @1.85
Last edit: 11 months 2 days ago by Quill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
11 months 2 days ago #24 by Quill
Haiti vs Denmark

All four matches in this group ended 1-0.

Haiti lost them both, but they played better than the markets suggested.
As a proof of their grit and determination is the fact that they lost both matches (1-0) from the penalty spot.
Also, they didn't just park the bus in their own penalty box, they managed to create a few chances themselves.

England, European Champions, struggled to beat them.

Denmark has a 1-0 win against China, goal scored in the 90th minute, and a defeat, 0-1, to England.

Denmark struggled to create chances in both their matches. They didn't show much offensively.

This is a very tight group.

Bet: Haiti +1.5 @1.85

More
11 months 2 days ago #25 by Quill
China vs England

Bet 1: HT/FT - Draw/England @4.00
Bet 2: Under 2.5 goals @1.70

More
11 months 5 hours ago #26 by Quill
South Korea vs Germany

Bet: Germany -1.75 @1.75

More
11 months 3 hours ago #27 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Women's World Cup
Germany win both halves @7/4

Twitter @kamalch53215288

• Profitable_Hedgehog
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #28 by Profitable_Hedgehog
Taking Sweden/Draw and over 1.5 at 2.50

The Swedes have been impressive so far this tournament, scoring 9 goals and only conceding once. Whilst the US struggled in their group, drawing to both Portugal and the Netherlands.

I reckon Sweden take this game to extra time, upsetting the odds once again just like they did when they beat USA 3-0 at the 2021 Olympics in Tokyo.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #29 by Quill

Profitable_Hedgehog wrote: Taking Sweden/Draw and over 1.5 at 2.50

The Swedes have been impressive so far this tournament, scoring 9 goals and only conceding once. Whilst the US struggled in their group, drawing to both Portugal and the Netherlands.

I reckon Sweden take this game to extra time, upsetting the odds once again just like they did when they beat USA 3-0 at the 2021 Olympics in Tokyo.

Agree with this.

I'll also take Sweden to Qualify.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #30 by Quill
England vs Colombia

England has had three clean sheets out of four matches, and the only goal they conceded was from a penalty.

Bet 1: Colombia under 0.5 goals @1.61
Bet 2: Over 8.5 corners @1.80
Bet 3: Bet builder - Under 3.5 goals + under 1.5 goals HT + over 6.5 corners + over 0.5 cards @1.88

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #31 by Quill
Spain vs Sweden

Sweden are a solid team defensively and can be hard to break down.
They can frustrate Spain and shut up shop.

Spain are a dominating team, they like to control the matches and pepper their opponents’ goals with shots.
Spain are going to have more of the ball in this matchup, and as we’ve seen in the past, it should lead to plenty of shots to cash this bet.

Bet: Spain over 14.5 shots @1.80