Rugby World Cup 2023, Early Match Betting Thread

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Brent Graham
Still a month to RWC but I know many of you are already getting involved on the opening matches so lets get this thread open.

Feel free to bring any bets across you have already made

We will likely start a new match betting thread a few days before kick off

Current Match 1 Handicaps

France -1.5 v New Zealand
Italy -26.5 v Namibia
Ireland -51.5 v Romania
Australia -22.5 v Georgia
England -6.5 v Argentina
Japan -26.5 v Chile
South Africa -11.5 v Scotland
Wales -9.5 v Fiji

Get our free weekly Newsletter

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup 2023, Early Match Betting Thread
An update on the caps in brackets to the right v where they stood when this thread opened - Ireland the only big mover

France -1.5 v New Zealand (+1.5 has shortened but line stable)
Italy -26.5 v Namibia (Out slightly to -28.5)
Ireland -51.5 v Romania (Out to -57.5 after poor Romania showing)
Australia -22.5 v Georgia (stable, slight move to -23.5)
England -6.5 v Argentina (line down to -4.5 after England dog show the last 2 weeks)
Japan -26.5 v Chile (stable in a point to -25.5)
South Africa -11.5 v Scotland (pretty stable some -11.5 and +12.5 available)
Wales -9.5 v Fiji (Pretty stable, moved slightly in to -8.5)

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #3 by Laokai
France are no longer favourite vs NZ in the opening match after the news about Ntamack.
Cap is now -1.5 in favour NZ (was -1.5 France till yesterday)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Stoossy

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
10 months 5 days ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup 2023, Early Match Betting Thread
Will keep this thread going for the Round 1 matches

Current Handicaps with changes noted from when thread started 3.5 weeks ago

France v New Zealand (choice)
Italy -30.5 v Namibia (was 26.5)
Ireland -61.5 v Romania (was 51.5)
Australia -23.5 v Georgia
England -1.5 v Argentina (was -6.5)
Japan -26.5 v Chile
South Africa -11.5 v Scotland
Wales -5.5 v Fiji (was -9.5)

Any Outright or Long Term Picks here is the place to post

More
10 months 2 days ago - 10 months 2 days ago #5 by Jameson
As a long suffering Wales supporter I'm obviously keeping a close eye on them and in particular the 1st test against Fiji.

This test is just massive and I feel that our entire tournament hinges on it. Fiji look much more cohesive that I expected but I still expect Wales to win. However I would not be surprised if we didn't.

If we win we will have that precious thing called momentum and I think we will get out of the group and have a good chance in the quarters against either dog shit England or the Argies. Then in the semis we'll get slaughtered .... :-)

Bookies think we will beat the Fijians and that's comforting! Wales are -5.5 and holding.

What a fascinating opening weekend to look forward too!

EDIT: Of course, its also possible that Wales will lose every game in the group and we'll be a total laughing stock .... lol :-)
Last edit: 10 months 2 days ago by Jameson.

More
10 months 1 day ago #6 by shaft
Gosh I'm always so excited for the World Cup.

Back during the 2015 pool stages I had a massive fourfold ending on Georgia to cover a handicap of about 20 against Argentina. Georgians started the match very well and were trailing 14-9 at half time. Needless to say the betting novice in me already started counting my money. But then just after half time Georgia 8th man and captain Gorgodze got a yellow card and Argentina scored 40 unanswered points. One of the most humbling days of my life.

That bet put me off long shot multiples completely and if I ever do place one I ALWAYS take cover before the last leg!!

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
10 months 1 day ago #7 by southpaw

Jameson wrote: As a long suffering Wales supporter I'm obviously keeping a close eye on them and in particular the 1st test against Fiji.

This test is just massive and I feel that our entire tournament hinges on it. Fiji look much more cohesive that I expected but I still expect Wales to win. However I would not be surprised if we didn't.

If we win we will have that precious thing called momentum and I think we will get out of the group and have a good chance in the quarters against either dog shit England or the Argies. Then in the semis we'll get slaughtered .... :-)

Bookies think we will beat the Fijians and that's comforting! Wales are -5.5 and holding.

What a fascinating opening weekend to look forward too!

EDIT: Of course, its also possible that Wales will lose every game in the group and we'll be a total laughing stock .... lol :-)

Good luck Jameson! Tough pool you are in. Fiji have based entire prep for last 2 years for that first match. They know they have to win it, as Wallabies I think have game that can nullify Fiji. It’s going to be a cracker, it’s the round one match I’m most looking forward too despite the other big matches in other pools.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #8 by Brent Graham
Was a pleasure to chat RWC with Playabets Ambassador and former Bok Stefan Terblanche this morning and he shares his views on the contenders ahed of jetting off to France for some of the opening games

Click here to watch on You Tube