All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1 by mackem
DSTV Prem, Carabao Cup, Europa Conference League in midweek then at the weekend we have the start of the Premier Leaague season in England, La Liga in Spain and the MTN8 also kicks off

We have a dedicated thread for the Womens World Cup knockout rounds and Fantasy Leaague players are most welcome to join the Goodforthegame league on this link ...

fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/51llm9

Previews to follow and all this week's football tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mackem
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
Mamelodi Sundowns v Kaizer Chiefs, Wednesday's DSTV Premiership preview

goodforthegame.co.za/South-Africa-Footba...sday-9th-august.html

Didn't see any local footy aat the weekend and very rusty on what's been happening in terms of transfers but will chance my arm with ....

Which teams to score? (yes) Sundowns only at 1.55/1 with Betway

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, Naidoo

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
I can't wait for the EPL to get underway this weekend, and generally, it's usually a watching brief for the first few weeks before striking a bet, but I have already found a value bet and have had a decent strike over at Sunbet. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give some insight into my thinking.

Aston Villa are the king of the high line under Unai Emery. Since his appointment as manager last season, in 20 out of 26 (5 other times it was 2 offsides) league games, Villa have caught their opponents offside 3 or more times. Over the summer break, Emery returned to his former club Villareal and signed CB Pau Torres, his leader in playing the high line.

Villa has had an impressive showing over Preseason and has played in the Premier League Summer Series; thankfully, DSTV showed the games, and what caught the eye was the aggressive high line that Villa have still adopted. Newcastle had 6 offsides against Villa, while Brentford had 5.

However, since they only Preseason games and in the heat of the US, not much can be made of that, but Villa's last two preseason games leading up to this weekend's first league game were against Lazio and Valencia. Both teams are considered more defense minded, and with Pau Torres leading from the back, Lazio had 3 offsides, and Valencia had 7.

Villa plays Newcastle away this weekend, and it's the perfect game for the offsides bet; a fiery St James crowd on the opening day and an attacking Newcastle side is the ideal combination for offsides. I can easily see Newcastle racking up 4, 5 or 6 offsides, but annoyingly Sunbet doesn't have alt lines like in Rugby.

Long story short, my best bet for the weekend - Newcastle 3+ offsides at just over 11/10 (Sunbet)

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham, southpaw, Quill, Stoossy, stokes1982

• mackem
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #4 by mackem
Love it Naidoo, well thought out. I think Villa will have a really good season and will be good to watch. I'm not planning playing any outright markets but could be tempted by Watkins at 25/1 plus (haven't price checked) to be top EPL goalscorer. If Kane goes to Bayern (how long can that drag on?) you are only a Haaland medium term injury away from a really good bet imo.

Burnley v Manchester City, EPL, Friday preview

Bit of an interest bet as prefer matches later in the weekend ...

3 Way & Both Teams to Score, away win and yes at 18/10 with Playabets

The following user(s) said Thank You: stokes1982, Naidoo

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Naidoo

mackem wrote: Love it Naidoo, well thought out. I think Villa will have a really good season and will be good to watch. I'm not planning playing any outright markets but could be tempted by Watkins at 25/1 plus (haven't price checked) to be top EPL goalscorer. If Kane goes to Bayern (how long can that drag on?) you are only a Haaland medium term injury away from a really good bet imo.

Burnley v Manchester City, EPL, Friday preview

Bit of an interest bet as prefer matches later in the weekend ...

3 Way & Both Teams to Score, away win and yes at 18/10 with Playabets

Nice thinking on the Watkins potential bet there Chris. You are right, Villa have made some impressive signings, especially in Tielemans, Torres and Diaby, thats an excellent new spine. With Diaby, McGinn, Bailey, Buendia feeding Watkins, this could be a massive runner.

Plus with Ivan Toney banned till the new year, the added incentive of Watkins pushing for an England Euro spot for the tournament at the end of the season. He will be eyeing plenty of goals this season to catch the eye of Gareth Southgate.

I think the interesting thing could be how Villa handle Conference League football and Premier League games, that Thursday/Sunday sequence could be a worry. But I fancy them to win the Conference League, as thats another way to get into the Europa League.

Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Naidoo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #6 by stokes1982
Replied by stokes1982 on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
Barcelona v Tottenham

Been impressed with Spurs going forward in pre season. They've had a load of shots/shots on target so far, long may the philosophy continue. Unfortunately, the defence is even more diabolical due to the refreshing attacking style, so there are gonna be some mental scores this season. Loads of rotation from Spurs later, so I can see Barca scoring a few.

Barcelona 3 or more goals @ 5/2 ( best price )

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #7 by stokes1982

stokes1982 wrote: Barcelona v Tottenham

Been impressed with Spurs going forward in pre season. They've had a load of shots/shots on target so far, long may the philosophy continue. Unfortunately, the defence is even more diabolical due to the refreshing attacking style, so there are gonna be some mental scores this season. Loads of rotation from Spurs later, so I can see Barca scoring a few.

Barcelona 3 or more goals @ 5/2 ( best price )

Gave up on the bet with 10 to go, but remembered that this is Spurs lol. Still, very encouraging performance with a reserve team, and football better than anything served up in the last 4 years.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC

mackem wrote: Mamelodi Sundowns v Kaizer Chiefs, Wednesday's DSTV Premiership preview

goodforthegame.co.za/South-Africa-Footba...sday-9th-august.html

Didn't see any local footy aat the weekend and very rusty on what's been happening in terms of transfers but will chance my arm with ....

Which teams to score? (yes) Sundowns only at 1.55/1 with Betway

Taking a double

Mamelodi + Al Nassr @1.95

Al Nassr Riyadh plays Al Shorta in the Arab Club Champions Cup.
Al Nassr have Cristiano Ronaldo, Talisca, Mane and Brozovic in their line-up, and I think they won't have a problem beating this Iraqi side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

• mackem
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #9 by mackem
Saturday's EPL preview and plays

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/ep...day-12th-august.html

Arsenal v Forest, Anytime goalscorer Bukayo Saka at 13/10 with Sportingbet

Brighton v Luton, Total match corners over 10.5 at even money with Sportingbet

Newcastle v Villa, Both teams to score? (yes) and over 2.5 total goals at 11/10 with Sportingbet
Anytime goalscorer Ollie Watkins at 24/10 with Sportingbet

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Naidoo
Wow Liverpool highjacking the Caicedo deal at the last moment from Chelsea, sure is going to make the Sunday opener between both teams spicy. Cant wait for that game...

Anyway just a small punt for the opening game tonight. Tonight the PL refs get to star with the new rules and based off the EFL opening weekend, we should expect plenty of cards and added time.

Burnley are a different beast under Kompany, and the park the bus Dyce ball is long gone. Under Kompany expect Burnley to play attacking football with a high press. I think City start the season with a win though, and I can see Ederson trying his usual time wasting tricks. Hopefully with the new rules, Craig Pawson has his cards ready.

Based on the updated rules regarding time wasting, the odds are too high. So a few beers on:

City win + Ederson card - 10/1 (Sportingbet)

The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, southpaw

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #11 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
hoping cards flashed all weekend, taken for interest -

Sat and Sun EPL games x 8
All games over 3.5 cards
acca @ 19/1

• mackem
  • Away
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #12 by mackem
Sunday's EPL preview

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/ep...day-13th-august.html

Brentford v Spurs
Bets: Both halves over 1.5 goals? (yes) at 36/10 with BetXchange
Any time goal scorer James Maddison (no price at the time of writing)

Chelsea v Liverpool,
Liverpool to win at 29/20 with BetXchange

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #13 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
Toe in the water time for the EPL

Burnley v Man City
BTTS - Yes @ 21/20

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #14 by The Vann
Saturday acca - Nice to have footie back

BTTS - Yes at
Barrow
Mansfield
Birmingham
Watford
Bournemouth
Newcastle
@ 33/1

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #15 by The Vann
May look for something at St James a little later if I feel frisky. Just two first up

Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace
Still have Roy in charge at Palace which means they do try and score

Palace over 1.5 goals @ 14/10

and a treble All to win

West Ham/Brighton/Newcastle @ 5/2

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #16 by Naidoo
Lottery over 2.5 acca for today

Rotherham
Southampton
Exeter
Peterborough
Wimbledon
MK Dons
Salford

70/1

While I wait for the offsides in the Newcastle/Villa game, a play that probably is crazy, but Brighton do struggle against a low block and I think Luton can defend well.

Brighton/Luton under 2.5 goals - 13/10

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #17 by Naidoo

Naidoo wrote: Lottery over 2.5 acca for today

Rotherham
Southampton
Exeter
Peterborough
Wimbledon
MK Dons
Salford

70/1

While I wait for the offsides in the Newcastle/Villa game, a play that probably is crazy, but Brighton do struggle against a low block and I think Luton can defend well.

Brighton/Luton under 2.5 goals - 13/10

Should of stayed away from the 4pm games...Anyway come on Newcastle offsides!
Also adding a few beers on Emi Martinez card at 5/1

Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Naidoo. Reason: Additional Bet

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #18 by Naidoo
Stokes mentioned that Spurs are good going forward but are still vulnerable at the back.

Liverpool have an amazing attack but with no DM, they will be easily cut apart by Chelsea counters, even though Chelsea attack are seriously lacking a goal threat. Its crazy they have spent over 750m under new owners but still lack a striker who can score 20+ a season.

Expecting a basketball style of game in both Sunday matches, so:

Over 2.5 goals in BRE/TOT + CHE/LIV - 18/10

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #19 by Naidoo

Naidoo wrote: I can't wait for the EPL to get underway this weekend, and generally, it's usually a watching brief for the first few weeks before striking a bet, but I have already found a value bet and have had a decent strike over at Sunbet. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give some insight into my thinking.

Aston Villa are the king of the high line under Unai Emery. Since his appointment as manager last season, in 20 out of 26 (5 other times it was 2 offsides) league games, Villa have caught their opponents offside 3 or more times. Over the summer break, Emery returned to his former club Villareal and signed CB Pau Torres, his leader in playing the high line.

Villa has had an impressive showing over Preseason and has played in the Premier League Summer Series; thankfully, DSTV showed the games, and what caught the eye was the aggressive high line that Villa have still adopted. Newcastle had 6 offsides against Villa, while Brentford had 5.

However, since they only Preseason games and in the heat of the US, not much can be made of that, but Villa's last two preseason games leading up to this weekend's first league game were against Lazio and Valencia. Both teams are considered more defense minded, and with Pau Torres leading from the back, Lazio had 3 offsides, and Valencia had 7.

Villa plays Newcastle away this weekend, and it's the perfect game for the offsides bet; a fiery St James crowd on the opening day and an attacking Newcastle side is the ideal combination for offsides. I can easily see Newcastle racking up 4, 5 or 6 offsides, but annoyingly Sunbet doesn't have alt lines like in Rugby.

Long story short, my best bet for the weekend - Newcastle 3+ offsides at just over 11/10 (Sunbet)

Just wanted to say sorry to those who backed this bet. I still believe the analysis was correct, but Villa absolutely got smashed by Newcastle. Really didn't expect Newcastle to manage to bypass their high line so easily. In the end finished with 2 offsides, but on another day could of been very different.

Fair to say, thats probably Villa's worst game under Emery.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #20 by southpaw
Stiff Naidoo, was well thought out nonetheless. Newcastle just looked rampant.

Fired Liverpool over 13.5 shots @ 5/6

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #21 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic All Football Tips w/c 7th August exc WWC
Aberdeen vs Celtic

I don’t think we have any concerns over Celtic scoring in this match.
Can Aberdeen do it?

Well, they’re at home and should go for it. They scored in the previous encounters last season.
Celtic have just conceded two from Ross County in the first round.

BTTS - Yes @1.75
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #22 by stokes1982
Brentford v Tottenham

Been impressed with the way Spurs have been playing in pre season, but it remains to be seen whether that transfers to when it actually matters. Think there will goals at both ends in most Spurs games this season, but will focus on the away side for the first game

Spurs 16 or more shots @ 11/8

Son anytime goalscorer @ 3/1 ( boost at Paddy Power )

Spurs 2 or more goals + Liverpool win @ 9/2

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #23 by The Vann
Thanks South and Stokes. For some reason or other the site won't allow me to thank you.

Brentford v Spurs
Also like the Spurs goals

Spurs over 1.5 match goals @ 5/4

BTTS - Yes at
Brentford
Chelsea
Villarreal
@ 7/2
The following user(s) said Thank You: stokes1982

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #24 by southpaw
Some great calls on Spurs game, well done lads.

Hoping Liverpool get their shots off like Brighton yesterday.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #25 by Naidoo
Brilliant shouts on the Spurs game gents.

With that lineup South, I will be shocked if Liverpool dont have 20+ shots. Cant resist that Liverpool win price so following with that as well. No chance can Chelsea outscore this Liverpool side.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #26 by southpaw
After missing out on my 2 main rugby bets by 1 and 2 points I should have know Liverpool shots would end on exactly 13. Never had a weekend of such bad breaks. Geez I must have pissed off the punting gods.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #27 by Naidoo

southpaw wrote: After missing out on my 2 main rugby bets by 1 and 2 points I should have know Liverpool shots would end on exactly 13. Never had a weekend of such bad breaks. Geez I must have pissed off the punting gods.

Very stiff South. Dont know whats worse the fact that France had 27 points with 25mins still to play, or that Liverpool had 11 shots with 30mins still to play.

Atleast on the bright side, getting all the bad luck out of the way before the proper betting can start in September.