Golf, BMW Championship and ISPS Handa World Invitational

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1 by mackem
BMW Championship and ISPS Handa World Invitational are this week's headline golf events and all tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #2 by kcmarinopirlo
BMW

Cameron Young 40/1 (6places)
Patrick Rodgers 140/1 (8places)

Handa
Marc Warren 250/1 (6places)
Martin Simonsen 250/1 (6places)

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #3 by The Vann
Have yet to see a pundit who is not on Cam Young for the BMW. A little concerning but feel I would be friggin annoyed if everyone was right

BMW Champs
Win
Spieth @ 35/1
Win and Top 10
Cam Youmg @ 40/1
Top 10
C Davis @ 7/2

ISPS Handa
Win and Top 10
Dan Brown @ 60/1

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Brent Graham
I will stick with the BMW and Betx who are offering some outstanding prices on players further down the betting boards

Here are my bets - win only, stakes small but searching for big hits

Brain Harman 65/1 - my hero from the Open Championship. Only finished 31st last week but finished strong in his first start since winning the Open, 12th at this course in 2020 and his confidence and game should be at a different level now '

Matt Fitzpatrick 80/1 - 6th here in 2020 Matt is a bit out of form at the moment which explains his price but he is a man for the big occassion and 80/1 is enough to tempt me

JT Poston 100/1 - 4 top 10s including a runner up finish in his last 6 starts, faded last week but playing well. Honestly I was going to leave him but given how big my fancies are this week I can go in with 5 or 6

Harris English 150/1 - hard to explain this other than he appeared in a dream. Did finish 8th in the US Open a while back and has always struck me as a golfer who likes a tough challenge

Lee Hodges 180/1 - this guy won his penultimate start in some style, price seems too big

Adam Schenk 180/1 - finished strong last week and now 3 top 10s in 6 starts. A bit hot and cold but we won't do damage at the price

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #5 by Brent Graham
My main play in terms of stake will be Harman Top 20 incl ties at 21/20 at Sporting

Then as good as he was to me last week I am trying to find a way to oppose Glover this week. He looked exhausted after back to back wins and I think even with a poor week here he will be into the Tour Champs. He battled in the final round Sunday and only a hot putter saved him

I am looking to oppose him in a 72 hole match play but can't find anything - will try and have another look later

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #6 by shaft
Brent there's Round 1 18 hole match ups. Matsuyama over Glover today is 8/10. This is draw no bet. Thoughts?

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #7 by Brent Graham
Hi Shaft I saw looking at that one. Round 1 bets are a bit like rugby halftime handicaps for me but I am likely going to back Matsuyama who finished like a train on Sunday

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8 by Brent Graham
After reflecting for almost 30 seconds I have backed Matsuyama round 1 over Glover 17/20 at Betx

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #9 by shaft
Count me in

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #10 by southpaw
will follow with similar -

Cam Young bt Lucas Glover rnd 1
TNB
@ 8/10 (Boyles)

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #11 by Brent Graham
Matsuyama you just can't rely on that guy, crumbled like the top tennis biscuit

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #12 by southpaw

Brent Graham wrote: Matsuyama you just can't rely on that guy, crumbled like the top tennis biscuit

Was trying to follow but couldn’t get on so found that Young match bet, a welcome win after last weekends disaster.

Matsuyama now withdrawn, must have done an injury on last few holes as was flying early in round.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #13 by Brent Graham
Wow didn't realise hat and well done on the Young call South

Homa looked good yesterday but hoping Fitzi or Harman can make a run today - Harman missed alot of makeable putts yesterday

More
10 months 1 week ago #14 by Brent Graham
Fitzpatrick and Harman gave me a run but Harman was all over the place Sunday (amazing scrambling to be under par) and Fitzpatrick made a couple too many errors.

With 7 to play I pretty much gave the tournament to Scottie but what a final round from Hovland to win it

Harman top 20 arrived to almost pull me square after Matsuyama loss in round 1