Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby

More
9 months 1 week ago #51 by Pablo
Carnage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #52 by Laokai

hanrick wrote: IMO this is the biggest miss match so far in the WC. France at full strength and Namibia giving all the fringe players a WC game. And like Brent said in the preview, Namibia's focus will be on next week's game. Like I said in my previous post, I think Namibia is in trouble here. This might get ugly.

Thank you for that! ;)

More
9 months 1 week ago #53 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
France deliver the goods last night but very sad to see Du Pont likely to miss the next few games

Guys I have a non RWC related commitment this morning and todays THE HANDICAP will be live at 14h00 SA time

Joining me will be the shrewd @UKrugbybets and one of a kind Harry Jones who is living it up in France

A R500 Betxchange voucher to a live viewer

Click here to set a reminder on You Tube

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
9 months 1 week ago #54 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
Argentina v Samoa betting preview

Cap now right where I set at so looking at points where I fancy the 1/1 u49.5 boost at Betx

More
9 months 1 week ago #55 by Jameson
Not enough rugby for you at the moment? Northland v Bay of Plenty on shortly. Northland unbeaten at home so far this season (OK that's not saying that much!) so I've gone Northland +5.5.

More
9 months 1 week ago #56 by Pablo

Jameson wrote: Not enough rugby for you at the moment? Northland v Bay of Plenty on shortly. Northland unbeaten at home so far this season (OK that's not saying that much!) so I've gone Northland +5.5.

I took the +5.5 yesterday to bet lost in the last play by half a point.

Bad joke

More
9 months 1 week ago #57 by southpaw

southpaw wrote:

Naidoo wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Brent Graham wrote:

southpaw wrote: HT bet - a yellow in 2nd half @ 8/10

South I tend to only check handicaps and points at the break, is this available with most books and if not who do you use for it?

I really like the market

Expecting lots of cards in the Samoa v Argentina game. Was 4 in the last Samoa game v Chile!

Also think we get a red card too!

Expecting a fiery affair with big hits, more than likely, a few high ones as fatigue kicks in.

I agree Chiefie also expecting a few cards in the game. Have taken a solid strike on both teams to get a yellow card at 35/20 at Sportingbet.

great price. I've gone a little more conservative, just in case one side does dominate - 2 or more yellows @ 6/5 with Boyles.

main bet is that 2+ yellows @ 6/5, but adding a more speculative punt based on how many upgrades have been - each team a red @ 66/1

More
9 months 1 week ago #58 by Pablo
U50.5 Taranaki-Auckland @1.84 3u

More
9 months 1 week ago #59 by Jameson

Pablo wrote:

Jameson wrote: Not enough rugby for you at the moment? Northland v Bay of Plenty on shortly. Northland unbeaten at home so far this season (OK that's not saying that much!) so I've gone Northland +5.5.

I took the +5.5 yesterday to bet lost in the last play by half a point.

Bad joke

Yup, the bet was winning for 79 mins lol.

My advice to anyone reading this forum is to bet the opposite of what I do and you will be fine!

More
9 months 1 week ago #60 by coil
Some lovely pics on France last night , well done lads .

Very stiff Jameson .

I'm unable to watch this afternoon's match and it has me scratching my head . Definitely agree with the potential highlighted for cards though and Nic Berry can be quite a grumpy ass .

That initial game from Argentina was shocking and the assumption that they'll bounce back is fraught with danger .

And then we have Samoa who themselves are not a side that you would put the Oracle's college fund to bare .

Just a small bet tentaively on Samoa plus 12.5 .

More
9 months 1 week ago #61 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
Argentina under 31.5 at 9/10

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports

More
9 months 1 week ago #62 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
Red card @3/1 for me, lets hope for a rough one

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #63 by Rugbyfan
Heavy rain forecast in taranaki. The cut is still at 50.. strange.. Can someone living nearby confirm? Thanks

I see a close game this afternoon. Argentina and Samoa kicking penaltys . But i’m scared of Samoa discipline. I like the Samoa+18@1.45
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Rugbyfan.

More
9 months 1 week ago #64 by harry_rag
I'm happy enough to buy into the cards narrative for tonight's game. Spreads pitched at 23 to buy which is higher than average.

I've gone 3/1 for a yellow in both halves, 3/1 a yellow for both teams and 9/2 for >2 yellow cards. Feels like I'm light on the red scenario but got enough antepost skin in that game at all lines from 5.5 upwards.

Sky Bet the place to go for all things card related.

On second thoughts, chucking a couple of quid at 2+ reds and 1 for each team at 28/1 and 66/1 respectively. Cue 2 yellows but for 1 team and in the same half!

More
9 months 1 week ago #65 by Northerner

Naidoo wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Brent Graham wrote:

South I tend to only check handicaps and points at the break, is this available with most books and if not who do you use for it?

I really like the market

Expecting lots of cards in the Samoa v Argentina game. Was 4 in the last Samoa game v Chile!

Expecting a fiery affair with big hits, more than likely, a few high ones as fatigue kicks in.

I agree Chiefie also expecting a few cards in the game. Have taken a solid strike on both teams to get a yellow card at 35/20 at Sportingbet.

Anyone in the UK who fancies this market can get it at Sky at 3/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
9 months 1 week ago #66 by Northerner

Northerner wrote:

Naidoo wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Brent Graham wrote:

I really like the market

Anyone in the UK who fancies this market can get it at Sky at 3/1

Oh just saw Harry’s post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: harry_rag

More
9 months 1 week ago #67 by Brent Graham
Going against the money here but late call Argentina -11.5 at 1/1 Betx

Boks v Ireland Preview

Battling for a main bet but make the Tribet any other a runner at 18/10

More
9 months 1 week ago #68 by harry_rag
Added Duncan Paia'aua anytime try at 4/1 for a bit of non-card interest, looks ok to me.

More
9 months 1 week ago #69 by harry_rag

harry_rag wrote: Added Duncan Paia'aua anytime try at 4/1 for a bit of non-card interest, looks ok to me.

You've got to laugh; still a nice early card of one hue or other.

More
9 months 1 week ago #70 by Chiefie

harry_rag wrote:

harry_rag wrote: Added Duncan Paia'aua anytime try at 4/1 for a bit of non-card interest, looks ok to me.

You've got to laugh; still a nice early card of one hue or other.

35 seconds in.

Easiest bet I’ve ever landed.

More
9 months 1 week ago #71 by BuggerBoy
Nic Berry just saved the Samoa plus. God bless that man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
9 months 1 week ago #72 by Brent Graham
Preview pick points lands but no idea how Argentina threw that handicap away - ended up making a small loss

Wales v Australia Preview

Wales at 1/1

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #73 by Brent Graham
Saturdays remaining games

Georgia v Portugal Preview

Going against the panel here under 51.5 at 1/1

England v Chile Preview

Chile over 7.5 at 17/20

Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Brent Graham. Reason: added preview

More
9 months 1 week ago #74 by Brent Graham
Scotland v Tonga Preview

Line has moved from -20.5 to -25.5 (not yet at the -32.5 I went in at) and I am looking for Scots over 41.5

More
9 months 1 week ago #75 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
Lovely start to the weekend with main plays (as per the preview) of France HT and Argies half time both getting in. The Daily Dabble also came good and Danty's visit to the pie show was the icing on the cake.

I'll still preview Sunday's games along with the Boks but early doors I fancy the unders in both the early games tomorrow.

Twitter: @HDiemont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Kirky

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #76 by Jameson
I've gone over 47.5 in the Taranaki match - so my advice is, to go unders .... :-)

EDIT 1st mistake - its 'bucketing down' ......
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Jameson.

More
9 months 1 week ago #77 by hanrick
Max bet on Italy +27.5 at 17/20
Also Italy +21.5 at 17/10 and Italy +15.5 at 3.35/1

Bookies have this way off. They will push NZ very close. Tempted by Italy to win the game at over 15/1

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
9 months 1 week ago #78 by mackem
Couch's Corner, Boks v Ireland and Wales v Wallabies plays from Hein

goodforthegame.co.za/Boyle-Sports/couch-...-24th-september.html

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
9 months 1 week ago #79 by Chiefie
Few thoughts on the RWC so far (from the UK), would be awesome to hear what others think:

The Aussie refs seem to be well below par in my opinion, Angus Gardner, Nic Berry - just never seem in control of the game, quite easy rattled, particularly Gus (thinking about his interaction with Bongi).

Nolli Waterman on the panel / commentary. Not sure if it’s lack her of insight, constant laughing in unfunny situations, incomplete thoughts / sentences or her tone of delivery, but god what I’d do to be listening to Andrew Cotter on comms.

And not sure how a second yellow didn’t land in that Samoa game in 79 min 30 seconds?!

More
9 months 1 week ago #80 by southpaw
Georgia v Portugal - Tabutsadze 2+ tries @ 7/2

More
9 months 1 week ago #81 by southpaw
England v Chile - England over 8.5 tries @ 10/11

More
9 months 1 week ago #82 by Chiefie

Jameson wrote: I've gone over 47.5 in the Taranaki match - so my advice is, to go unders .... :-)

EDIT 1st mistake - it’s 'bucketing down' ......

Jameson you’re in luck. Nick Bryant heavily involved in the overs too, ghost penalties flowing here.

21 points in 27 min.

More
9 months 1 week ago #83 by southpaw
Australia win tomorrow. Eddie said so. Fight me.

Aus win @ evens.

More
9 months 1 week ago #84 by Brent Graham
@South - Wales all the way to the bank for me - managed to cash out my Aussie long term for 75% stake and now firing against them

@Chiefie - not a fan of Berry but I don't mind Gardener, is that commentator you are referring to is the one with Stransky I am not a fan

Put a video Preview together for the Bok game - Click here to watch on You Tube and to enter the comp

More
9 months 1 week ago #85 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Rugby World Cup Round 3 Betting Thread + other rugby
Betway doing a boost over here the sides to be level at anytime in the second half @11/4 (from 9/4) that'll do me

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
9 months 1 week ago #86 by hanrick
Georgia vs Portugal under 6.5 tries at 17/20

Chile over 7.5 points at 17/20

Ireland vs Boks under 44.5 points at 17/20

Boks by 1 - 12 onto Wales by 1 - 12 at 9/2

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
9 months 1 week ago #87 by Kirky
Note to self: Never ever, ever back Auckland again.
They're plain-kak. :dry: :sick:

More
9 months 1 week ago #88 by Pablo
O53.5 Bristol-Northampton @2 2u

More
9 months 1 week ago #89 by Pablo
Saracens o46.5 @1.83 2u

More
9 months 1 week ago #90 by Chiefie

Brent Graham wrote: @South - Wales all the way to the bank for me - managed to cash out my Aussie long term for 75% stake and now firing against them

@Chiefie - not a fan of Berry but I don't mind Gardener, is that commentator you are referring to is the one with Stransky I am not a fan

Put a video Preview together for the Bok game - Click here to watch on You Tube and to enter the comp

No Brent, she’s part of the ITV commentary here in the UK. It’s bad.

More
9 months 1 week ago #91 by Quill

Kirky wrote: Note to self: Never ever, ever back Auckland again.
They're plain-kak. :dry: :sick:

Like Hanrick used to say, "primadonnas from the big city"

Taking from him, I call them "high-heeled primadonnas going to muddy country", like the "money doesn't buy class real housewives from anywhere"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
9 months 1 week ago #92 by coil
@ Chiefie , the ITV commentary is appalling with that bird on , agree with all , the tone is appalling , the reaction to tries or anything controversial is completing over the top , she doesn't stop talking and mostly at inappropriate times , it really makes it hard to watch .

Back to punting though, and I'm in the slip stream of Hanrick , Toulouse weather is fine , humidity around 70% and cooler than it has been , around 20 degrees .

Georgia have the potential to win well but I have in general enjoyed Portugal's play when I've managed to watch them , small bet on plus 15.5 and a larger bet on under 53.5 .

Slightly cooler in Villeneuve d'Ascq and no rain , Jaco Peyper is on the whistle .

England seem rejuvenated and a large win looks on the cards here for them . However despite a flash backline can they cover the 50.5 point hcap ?

I don't think so and Chile on the plus 50.5 and over 7.5 points will see a fair bit of action from me .

Lastly , Sa v Ireland and Ben o Keefe , Paris weather is fine .

Am in large on SA to win the WC and I have a feeling they could lose this game but am confident they will still win the Cup later on . Having said that I won't be touching the 80 minute game result but am all over the unders here at 44.5 .

Play well bruvs

More
9 months 1 week ago #93 by Chiefie

coil wrote: @ Chiefie , the ITV commentary is appalling with that bird on , agree with all , the tone is appalling , the reaction to tries or anything controversial is completing over the top , she doesn't stop talking and mostly at inappropriate times , it really makes it hard to watch .

Back to punting though, and I'm in the slip stream of Hanrick , Toulouse weather is fine , humidity around 70% and cooler than it has been , around 20 degrees .

Georgia have the potential to win well but I have in general enjoyed Portugal's play when I've managed to watch them , small bet on plus 15.5 and a larger bet on under 53.5 .

Slightly cooler in Villeneuve d'Ascq and no rain , Jaco Peyper is on the whistle .

England seem rejuvenated and a large win looks on the cards here for them . However despite a flash backline can they cover the 50.5 point hcap ?

I don't think so and Chile on the plus 50.5 and over 7.5 points will see a fair bit of action from me .

Lastly , Sa v Ireland and Ben o Keefe , Paris weather is fine .

Am in large on SA to win the WC and I have a feeling they could lose this game but am confident they will still win the Cup later on . Having said that I won't be touching the 80 minute game result but am all over the unders here at 44.5 .

Play well bruvs

Couldn’t agree more Coil. Nolli shouldn’t be anywhere near this men’s World Cup. Let her do the ladies stuff, or Prem rugby cup, but surely ITV must know she’s ruining their already dicey product.

I think this Ireland game will be epic. Ireland almost got turned over by Samoa in the warm ups, granted, but we didn’t look great in the first half against Scotland. So I think, I don’t know.

I do quite like sexton 10+ points in the game at 10/11.

More
9 months 1 week ago #94 by Brent Graham
Under 51.5 main play in Portugal game and thrown some loose change at Portugal win at 13/2

More
9 months 1 week ago #95 by southpaw
I will gladly take Stransky or your worst SH based co-commentator over Nolli Waterman who we have to put up with in UK. It’s so so painful to listen to, your mood worsens as soon as you realise she’s on the mic. A hatrick of her commentating, Andrew Brace on the whistle and Joy Neville as TMO is what rugby in hell looks like.

More
9 months 1 week ago #96 by coil
Brilliant South , that would be some trifecta !

More
9 months 1 week ago #97 by Chiefie

coil wrote: Brilliant South , that would be some trifecta !

I’d rather have the ringing of my tinnitus in my ears than listen to Nolli.

She’s done a documentary about the bullying she received online during her rugby comms. So, firstly, if you’re getting trolled, then why go on social media?

Secondly, if everyone is saying you cause their ear drums to bleed because of your verbal diarrhoea, then maybe, just maybe, they have a point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
9 months 1 week ago #98 by Brent Graham
Added England over 8.5 tries just over 1/1 at local Boyles

Wow so stiff Portugal thought they were going to land the win but unders trots up fairly easily

More
9 months 1 week ago #99 by coil
It's ;like the blitzkrieg all over again , have bombed unders at 44.5 SA game .

More
9 months 1 week ago #100 by van Dyk
I also went for the under. Also took a small bet on the draw @ 25/1 as per Brent's suggestion as I think this will be very close. Enjoy the game guys.