More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 10th August was created by mackem
Thread for all this week's racing tips.

Winning Form preview for Monday at Turffontein

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 10th August

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 10th August
Some tough looking racing today, but below are my thoughts:

Race 1 - Gang Leader @ 5/1
Watched its first race, was all over around the bend but had good pace, but when settled was in it till the final 200m where ran out of puff. Hoping for natural improvement and might surprise EN Stormy Sea's

Race 2 - Nina Amelia @ 9/2
The fav looks a worthy one, but been knocking on the door for a bit. Going with the younger horse, better drawn and with the appie's claim, carrying a very light 55.5kg's. Has shown decent speed and not been embarrassed previously.

Race 3 - City by the Sea @ 6/1
Backed it the last time and really liking the Elusive Fort's at the moment. Also well drawn.

Race 5 - CountessofCoulter @ 33/1
As highlighted on Clock the Gallop, I also like this one, and at the weights will hopefully be close.

Race 6 - General Jackson @ 20/1

Enjoy the racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Experienced Novice, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by kt6747
Some nice racing tomorrow, my early thoughts:

Race 1 - Bedioun Bride @ 28/1
Fav Flashlight looks hard to beat on form but can't take an even money. Taking on with 1st timer, not many others look like going to Hollywood and stable has had a few 1st timers pop up and place. Also well drawn and weighted to place.

Race 2 - Sea Ways @ 11/2
Was finishing like a steam train first time out when green, hoping for natural improvement as think favorite beatable.
Will be including 4/6/8/10 in the Bi-pot, and have one banking sea ways.

Race 3
A lot more open than the betting suggests, think the fav is definitely beatable, I like South Easter and Bowie, last time was quicker than fav, but they have same weight where fav weight increased by 2.5kg's.
I will be having a small punt on stable companion Xenon with appie up. Got 52kgs up over 1000m and this appie's record on Fortune horses is impressive, last season won 2 and placed 6. This season placed 2 out of 3.
Will be taking all 3 in bi-pot

Race 4 - My banker for the day, Rapid Fire

Race 5 - Donderweer @ 16/1 & Benji @ 20/1
Mr Flood back but carrying huge weight, will take on with 2 outsiders, who on weight turn arounds to previous runs, worth ago.

Race 6 - Pool Party @ 10/1 & Ulla @ 16/1
On last run C & D, Pool Party now getting 9.5kg's for 6l beating, yes Golden Belle has improved but that is huge weight swing.
Ulla has had 2 nice come back wins and with appie claim I believe comes into it.

Race 7
Wide open Handicap, will go wide but if pushed would probably go with Magic Mila, but will see how the day is going.

Will post anything else if something pop's up for last 2.

Enjoy the days racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, coil

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 10th August
Great thoughts KT. I’m out today but might try find something late in card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 10th August
Thanks KT, hope you get to post a few as well South.

Lots of hot pot favourites today and as a rule I generally end up donating on days like these .

Race 1. Flashlight at evens is one to avoid , she's a 6 year old mare who has had 3 runs only and has obviously had some issues in her short career. I like Galactico at 8/1, respect for KT's first timer who's stabel has been in form 28/1 and Annuki at 28/1.

Race 2. Domino Ruler at 10/1 can improve plenty , fav well backed last time , can win . Funky Music for places at 25/1 a win and 4/1 a place first 4.

Race 3. South East a confident choice here at 7/2.

Race 4. Rowing in with KT and Rapid Fire at 5/6.

Race 5. Mr Flood I expect to win at 5/6, stable had 4 winners on Thursday. Will follow KT and Dondeweer on places .

Race 6. Golden Belle at 7/10 looks very hard to beat, Running Brave is pure class and running a distance short of her best , I'll follow her though at 5/1 and better.

Race 7. Heart of Legend at 9/2 a very narrow choice, KT's Magic Mila my next best at 7/1.

Race 8. Charming Lass a very weak first selection, should love the extra ground, at 7/2, also have a sneak for Shuffling at 50/1 and for places first 3 7/1.

Race 9. Elektra Flying at 11/2 will round off my day, tough race to end the meeting and a case can be made for a majority of the field.

Play Well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by kt6747
Thanks Coil, glad to see I am not the only one who likes South East. And thank you for the Funky Music
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 8 months ago #12 by kt6747

coil wrote: Thanks KT, hope you get to post a few as well South.

Lots of hot pot favourites today and as a rule I generally end up donating on days like these .

Race 1. Flashlight at evens is one to avoid , she's a 6 year old mare who has had 3 runs only and has obviously had some issues in her short career. I like Galactico at 8/1, respect for KT's first timer who's stabel has been in form 28/1 and Annuki at 28/1.

Race 2. Domino Ruler at 10/1 can improve plenty , fav well backed last time , can win . Funky Music for places at 25/1 a win and 4/1 a place first 4.

Race 3. South East a confident choice here at 7/2.

Race 4. Rowing in with KT and Rapid Fire at 5/6.

Race 5. Mr Flood I expect to win at 5/6, stable had 4 winners on Thursday. Will follow KT and Dondeweer on places .

Race 6. Golden Belle at 7/10 looks very hard to beat, Running Brave is pure class and running a distance short of her best , I'll follow her though at 5/1 and better.

Race 7. Heart of Legend at 9/2 a very narrow choice, KT's Magic Mila my next best at 7/1.

Race 8. Charming Lass a very weak first selection, should love the extra ground, at 7/2, also have a sneak for Shuffling at 50/1 and for places first 3 7/1.

Race 9. Elektra Flying at 11/2 will round off my day, tough race to end the meeting and a case can be made for a majority of the field.

Play Well.

Great call Coil with South East

More
3 years 8 months ago #13 by coil
Thanks KT, skated home.
Going all in with Azzie here , a little nervous as I don't like this stable but fingers crossed

More
3 years 8 months ago #14 by coil
Grrrrr I halved my stake but still backed the Azzie's grrrrrr.

Putting the baby on Mr Flood

More
3 years 8 months ago #15 by kt6747
Shocking. Can't believe it can be that poor. Kicked me out of all except PA.

More
3 years 8 months ago #16 by coil
4/1 a place Dondeweer !! Thanks KT

More
3 years 8 months ago #17 by kt6747
Thanks, yeah always there and there abouts. But Bohica looks decent, but think will struggle against likes of Kasimir and Russet Air

More
3 years 8 months ago #18 by coil
Booooooommmm !!!!! WEll done KT

More
3 years 8 months ago #19 by kt6747
Thanks, nice win by her.

More
3 years 8 months ago #20 by Zambusta
Replied by Zambusta on topic All Racing Tips w/c 10th August
Question:
I don't really bet on horse racing but every now and again I have a small nibble for fun on the forum's picks.

My question is when you take the "Place" option when making a bit is that always for the first 3 places?

I had a multi going for a few races and took the "Placed" option as well. All the other races won with a pick in the top 3 except one race which only gave the option for 1-2 places...and thus my multi was marked a loss even though the horse came 3rd.

Any ideas why?

More
3 years 8 months ago #21 by kt6747
Hi there

Most of the bookies will do 2 places when less than 7 horses starting. Only one that doesn't I think is Hollywood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zambusta

More
3 years 8 months ago #22 by kt6747
Some early selections for tomorrow:

Leaving the first race

Race 2 - Gloucestershire @ 80/1
I really think the favorite from the Drier stable will be hard to beat but I am going to take it on with the above one. 1st run at Scottsville is a very strong form line I think, with horse just in front of him Chief Officer winning next time out, and could possibly sneak into places. I am ignoring Greyville runs as think might not like.

Race 3 - Lord Wylie @ 16/1 & Spirit of Fate @ 50/1
Lord Wylie improved drastically up the straight and hoping with natural improvement will come on.
Spirit of Fate is simply a case of I remember Pray for Rain, with Drier running 1 & 2, Prior to its break wasn't the worst form.
Both of these 2 are heavily weigted to places as think favorite will be hard to beat. Will take swingers and exacta's with above 2.

Race 4 - Amor Ardiente @ 20/1
Previous run over 1500m was really good run, and think if a bit of rain around could surprise.

Race 7 - Mystic Dreamer @ 35/1
Has run close behind favorite Bella Ballerina C & D previously, and is now getting 6kg for 1l beating and 2nd time, now getting 4kg for 1.5l beating. In my opinion this brings it a lot closer and hopefully can surprise.

Race 8 - Dark Moon Down @ 14/1
Remember South highlighted this one previously and now getting appie claim. Think he is better than last couple of runs and might prefer a bit of cut in the ground if it rains

Anyway lets hope we can get through the card and enjoy the racing
Lord Wylie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham