Cycling : w/c 30 May Criterium du Dauphine + Other

More
2 years 11 months ago #1 by The Vann
Opening a new topic for this eight day stage race as the Giro finishes today.
The Dauphine is the traditional warm-up for the TdF. It's run from Sunday to Sunday with one sprint stage, one ITT 16km and a few good mountain stages. Five of the previous ten winners went on to win the TdF.
Hard to determine exactly how much effort a rider is going to put in so I'm taking just the one out right
Out Right
1-3
Gaudu @ 13/2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2 by The Vann
The opening stage of the Dauphine is 181km with the finish being a 38km circuit run three times. There is a climb of 6km at around 5%.
Dauphine Stage 1
Win
Stuyven @ 16/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #3 by The Vann
Second stage today with all the GC action taking place in the last 15km with 7km at over 6% and 1.5Km at 5%. The finish is also slightly uphill at 3.5%. Looks like a break stage so one to cover but Ineos looked very annoyed at not catching the break yesterday so not sure break will be given enough time to stay.
Dauphine Stage 2
Win
Asgreen @ 10/1
e/w
O'Connor @ 66/1
Postlberger @ 250/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #4 by The Vann
Did OK yesterday making 2 from 5 at the rather decent odds of 66/1 and 250/1. Quite chuffed until trying to get today's bets down which will not be accepted. Probably has to do with yesterday and the two Giro out rights at 4/1 and 6/1 paying out on Sunday.
Todays stage is last chance saloon for the sprinters and I just cannot see Bahrain etc cocking it up for the third day in a row.
Dauphine Stage 3
Win
Colbrelli @ 5/4
Asgreen @ 17/1 (Wanted podium here at 9/2 but dosh won't be accepted anywhere)

More
2 years 11 months ago #5 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Cycling : w/c 30 May Criterium du Dauphine + Other

The Vann wrote: Second stage today with all the GC action taking place in the last 15km with 7km at over 6% and 1.5Km at 5%. The finish is also slightly uphill at 3.5%. Looks like a break stage so one to cover but Ineos looked very annoyed at not catching the break yesterday so not sure break will be given enough time to stay.
Dauphine Stage 2
Win
Asgreen @ 10/1
e/w
O'Connor @ 66/1
Postlberger @ 250/1

Beautiful work on the Postman Van!!!!

Twitter: @HDiemont
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
2 years 11 months ago #6 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling : w/c 30 May Criterium du Dauphine + Other

The Vann wrote: Second stage today with all the GC action taking place in the last 15km with 7km at over 6% and 1.5Km at 5%. The finish is also slightly uphill at 3.5%. Looks like a break stage so one to cover but Ineos looked very annoyed at not catching the break yesterday so not sure break will be given enough time to stay.
Dauphine Stage 2
Win
Asgreen @ 10/1
e/w
O'Connor @ 66/1
Postlberger @ 250/1

Wow what a price Vann - those last few km must have been torture

Have been too hectic to bet or watch live but hopefully will get involved later in the week.

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
2 years 11 months ago #7 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling : w/c 30 May Criterium du Dauphine + Other
Following the Cycling Mole today and 1 unit Berg win at 9/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #8 by The Vann
Can't spot any value and have not had much luck factoring weather into ITT bets so joining all today
Dauphine Stage 4
e/w
Berg @ 8/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #9 by The Vann
One of those break/GC coin toss days. Main bet will be the Asgreen podium at 17/4 but here they all are
Win
Wurtz Schmidt @ 80/1
van Baarle @ 124/1
e/w
Asgreen @ 20/1
Verona @ 600/1

More
2 years 11 months ago #10 by Brent Graham
0.5u Aranburu win at 9/1 with 45km to go

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #11 by The Vann
No idea why Asgreen - 3rd on GC - thought he could get away in a break yesterday. Certainly killed my bet early doors.
First finish that looks too difficult for Colbrelli. Basically 125km of nothing then 40km of ups and downs. The last 2.5km has 800m at 9.5% and a 400m at 7.5% to finish. Few darts but do fancy Gaudu to podium if GC finish.
Dauphine Stage 6
Win
O"Connor @ 40/1
Geschke @ 125/1
e/w
Gaudu @ 33/1
Holmes @ 150/1
Geniets @ 400/1
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by The Vann.

More
2 years 10 months ago #12 by The Vann
I thought Thomas looked comfortable yesterday and it is the Ineos way to let domestiques win and you get the TdF. From GC it is only Valverde who could beat him from a small group on today's finish and I think the odds are juicy.
Dauphine Stage 8
Win
Thomas @ 12/1
Match Bet
Anywhere near each other and O"Connor wins this finish sprint
O"Connor/Kuss @ 12/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747