NFL Week 3

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1 by MrMeeseeks86
NFL Week 3 was created by MrMeeseeks86
Cardinals v Jaguars

Cardinals defense struggled against the rush from the Vikings last week but I don't see that being a problem against the Jaguars. I'm strong on fading the Jags this season until they prove otherwise. Jags were 27th in Passing Defense last year and again 27th after 2 weeks. Cardinals who specialize in passing should be able to pick them apart and the price on Sunbet currently is a steal.

Cardinals -7 @ 1.87

Raiders v Dolphins

Raiders have beaten two solid teams in the first two weeks in the Ravens and Steelers. Dolphins on the other hand sneaked one past the Pats and got completely blown out by the Bills 35-0. On top of that they have lost starting QB Tua, although some might argue he hasn't been up to scratch and this might help them since Jacoby Brissett is not a bad QB at all. Dolphins defense is pretty decent, despite the blowout, but I think Raiders at home should be able to deal with them.

Raiders -4 @ 1.91

Bills v Washington

Bills annihilated the Dolphins in week 2 while Washington squeaked a victory over the Giants. I don't want to focus to much on one or two games but Washington's strong point has been defense for a while and they haven't showed up in the first two games. A full of confidence Bills team at home does not bode well for Washington's chances. QB Heinecke looks pretty good but can be prone to interceptions especially with a dominant Bills defense putting pressure on him.

Bills -7 @ 1.9

Steelers v Bengals

This pick comes with somewhat of a warning as Steelers QB Roethlisberger seems to have a pec injury which they said he'll play through as well as a few injuries on defense. Bengals is just another team I like to fade. Burrow is a good looking QB and RB Mixon is explosive but they have such bigger issues namely their poor O-line. Steelers defense is good and I think it just comes down to the offense to break away. Big Ben is known for playing through injuries and I just can't resist such a small cap against the Bengals.

Steelers -3 @ 1.91

Might notice that I've taken a few caps on the important 3 and 7 numbers. I know that might not be the smartest strategy but this season I'm kind of looking at it like a safety net, believing it will be bigger but if not, I can always still hit the refund. Might feel different about this on Monday depending on how this week goes.

Will almost definitely still add bets closer to Sunday like prop bets, etc.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by MrMeeseeks86. Reason: Formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #2 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic NFL Week 3
Thanks MrMeeseeks, Lets hope the good run of form continues this week :)

Week 3 and I am still staying out of the spread, feel like the league has not settled just yet.

Cardinals ML + Rodgers (Packers) over 1.5 TD passes thrown
1/1

Patriots ML + Raiders ML
16/10

Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) over 2.5 TD passes thrown
1/1

BEST BET
Much much tougher opponent in the Rams and away from home as well. If the line was 3.5 or even 4.5 I would be on unders but at 2.5 and with his form, I just have to go back to the well. I see a high scoring game and the Bucs and Brady will be instrumental yet again, its a choice game but Brady should deliver this bet irrespective if the Bucs do lose.

Tom Brady (Bucs) over 2.5 TD passes thrown
13/10

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

More
2 years 7 months ago #3 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic NFL Week 3
Adding two for tonight, one teaser and one anytime TD:

Broncos -6.5 / Cardinals -5.5 @ 2.48

Anytime TD scorer: Marquise Brown (Ravens) @ 2.50

Good luck everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo