F1 2022 - Bahrain GP

More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by Lodar
F1 2022 - Bahrain GP was created by Lodar
Carlos Sainz at 7/1 starting third interests me. Ferrari are clearly a different force this year, with Charles Leclerc in pole for tomorrow's GP, and Max Verstappen starting second. In the post quali interviews, it was clear Max sees Ferrari as an early season threat.

He will be looking to assert early dominance over the 2 Ferrari drivers. Leclerc has proven he isn't one to give up a fight easily, and will take chances. Add to that the new stiffer suspension, which is causing the cars to bounce, and the first race, meaning drivers have no wheel to wheel race day experience using the new setups, one might imagine the "bouncing" might cause an unexpected lack of grip, especially when going off line to overtake/defend, one would think there would be a good chance of Verstappen and LeClerc going farming, opening the door for Sainz.

I think 7/1 for the win is decent value. I can't see a market for a podium yet on WSB, but anything around evens will be good IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #2 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic F1 2022 - Bahrain GP
Sainz 17/2 for the win at Sunnies. They have the podium places up but a poor 15/20 for Sainz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lodar

More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic F1 2022 - Bahrain GP
Win margin under 5 seconds @ 8/11

Last 4 races here margin under 3 seconds, and with Ferrari in mix today I think under 5 looks nailed on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic F1 2022 - Bahrain GP

southpaw wrote: Win margin under 5 seconds @ 8/11

Last 4 races here margin under 3 seconds, and with Ferrari in mix today I think under 5 looks nailed on.

Wow, bet365 has it at 2.10.

More
2 years 1 month ago #5 by Lodar
Replied by Lodar on topic F1 2022 - Bahrain GP
Ferrari looked really good in this race. It's pity about the Red Bulls reliability, and Verstappen doesn't sound very confident with his crew.
One thing that impressed me was Leclerc's awareness when Max was taking dive down the inside from way back and locked up, into T1 I think it was. Leclerc saw him coming, and appeared to know he'd brake too late, stayed well out of his way to give him space to lock up and go wide, then kept his line hit the apex and kept P1. A bit different to the competition between the top 2 last year.
Interestingly, apparently Merc were about a second slower on average than the Ferraris.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

That was very close to your 5 seconds there Southpaw, the safety car towards the end made it look like an easy win.