Rugby Champs Rd 5, URC Rd 1, GPR, NPC rugby 15-18 September

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
A weekend off for me and thanks so much to @TheCrowetips for hosting the show

A massive weekend of rugby ahead with the URC also getting started

Rugby Championship - here is how the current handicaps - in brackets - compare to my handicap projections a week ago

Australia +9.5 (+10.5) v New Zealand - note a Thursday kick off
Argentina +6.5 (+6.5) v South Africa

The United Rugby Champs gets going and I am not going to handicap the opening week

The Gallagher Prem continues and so does the NPC

The Bunning NPC continues early views on the caps appreciated

Look forward to your thoughts

THE HANDICAP
Don’t miss our live rugby betting show THE HANDICAP “Rugby chat that matters” on Thursday night 21h00 SA time – Here is the link to view the Goodforthegame You Tube Channel www.youtube.com/c/GoodforthegameTV/videos

JOIN THE BATTLE AGAINST THE BOOKMAKERS
Chat rugby betting with us - Create a forum account www.goodforthegame.co.za/Create-an-account.html - any problems with registration e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Here is the link to subscribe to the free weekly Goodforthegame Newsletter with BEST BET and usually a double digit acca bit.ly/bettingmail - we will be back this weekend

Have a good one - BG

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Brent Graham. Reason: addition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2 by BDub
NPC caps out so long:

Waikato -16.5 v Southland (Wednesday)

Taranaki -17.5 v Manawatu
Counties +14.5 v Canterbury
Auckland -8.5 v Tasman
Hawkes bay -3.5 v Wellington
Northland v north harbour (choice)

At these lines the Hawkes bay and Waikato minuses are tempting. Think Waikato will rotate heavily but Southland are unraveling quicker than Elton Jantjies’s marriage. Dale McLeod has said he’ll bring in some fresh legs for their storm week but these will more than likely be club players.

Still don’t rate that Wellington side and think Hawkes bay tails will be up

North Harbour at choice is tempting but the Taniwha have been great at home so far.

Follow me on Twitter - @BrendonWessels

More
1 year 7 months ago #3 by hanrick
All over Australia +10.5 on Thursday. Will also back them to win the test.

Reckon NZ miss Savea and Frizell big time. Frizell has made a big difference giving them go forward ball. Two big losses in the loose forwards.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
1 year 7 months ago #4 by RiderJake

hanrick wrote: All over Australia +10.5 on Thursday. Will also back them to win the test.

Reckon NZ miss Savea and Frizell big time. Frizell has made a big difference giving them go forward ball. Two big losses in the loose forwards.

Do you think Frizell's contribution is that great? :whistle:

More
1 year 7 months ago #5 by BDub
Gallager premiership:

Northampton -9.5 v London Irish
Leicester -17.5 v Newcastle
Harlequins -1.5 v Saracens
Bath +1.5 v sale
Wasps -2.5 v Bristol

The Northampton minus looks quite big. Fancy the Irish plus. That game also has heaps of points written all over it

More
1 year 7 months ago #6 by BDub
United Rugby Championship:

Benetton +5.5 v Glasgow
Cardiff +5.5 v Munster
Zebre +26.5 v Leinster
Lions +9.5 v Bulls
Scarlets -4.5 v Ospreys
Edinburgh-14.5 v Dragons
Ulster -11.5 v Connacht

Like the bulls minus and Leinster minus. Afternoon kickoff in Parma and conditions should be ok after some morning rain. And so my love/hate relationship with Leinster begins again.

More
1 year 7 months ago #7 by R3V3R3NT_
Savea is a massive loss for the ABs I figure they will split the series Aussie win here NZ at home at Eden Park.

More
1 year 7 months ago #8 by Quill
Waikato vs Southland

I took Waikato -17.5 @1.87

Too many team changes, although D. McKenzie is coming from the bench, so I'm afraid to take team points or a bigger handicap.
Couldn't find news about Southland, although seeing how poor they are, any team changes due to the match being midweek, should make them even weaker.

More
1 year 7 months ago #9 by BDub
On Waikato -16.5 from my comment earlier in the week. Was too juicy to pass up.

This could get ugly for Southland.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #10 by Jameson

BDub wrote: On Waikato -16.5 from my comment earlier in the week. Was too juicy to pass up.

I could only get -20 but its a promising start 14 - 0 after 10 mins.

Edit: Oh dear, 14 - 14 half time :-o
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Jameson.

More
1 year 7 months ago #11 by Quill

Jameson wrote:

BDub wrote: On Waikato -16.5 from my comment earlier in the week. Was too juicy to pass up.

That's jinxing the bet (14-14 HT).

We need Chiefie to counteract it (he's got good jinxing power). ;) :cheer:

More
1 year 7 months ago #12 by BDub

Jameson wrote:

Waikato stopped playing halfway in the half. Very poor. Hopefully they get a ticket at HT and Southland run out of legs.

More
1 year 7 months ago #13 by Brad Breath

BDub wrote:

Jameson wrote:

Waikato stopped playing halfway in the half. Very poor. Hopefully they get a ticket at HT and Southland run out of legs.

Think the latter is most likely, have had a nudge on Mooloos -9.5

More
1 year 7 months ago #14 by Chiefie

BDub wrote:

Jameson wrote:

I’m on the unders 59.5 chaps. So happy to throw some southland voodoo for the second half. I still think Waikato run out comfortable winners in the second. Final score - 39 - 19. Everyone wins.

More
1 year 7 months ago #15 by Chiefie

Chiefie wrote:

BDub wrote:

Jameson wrote:

I’m on the unders 59.5 chaps. So happy to throw some southland voodoo for the second half. I still think Waikato run out comfortable winners in the second. Final score - 39 - 19. Everyone wins.

More
1 year 7 months ago #16 by Chiefie
49-17 after 64

More
1 year 7 months ago #17 by BDub

Great start to the week. It got real ugly for Southland as they ran out of legs.

Can see it was the effort game for Southland. I fear for them against Bay of Plenty in Tauranga on Sunday. Afternoon kickoff with good conditions and BOP could go top of Odds Conference. Waiting like a hungry hyena for the cap. Anything below 20.5 will get smashed but think it’ll be -25.5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, labrador

More
1 year 7 months ago #18 by Jameson

Quill wrote:

Jameson wrote:

Chiefie jinxed himself implying we would all win with a 39 - 19 score when in fact I would have lost my -20 :-)

More
1 year 7 months ago #19 by Chiefie

Jameson wrote:

Quill wrote:

Jameson wrote:

Chiefie jinxed himself implying we would all win with a 39 - 19 score when in fact I would have lost my -20 :-)

Betting unders on southland, that’s poor by me.

More
1 year 7 months ago #20 by southpaw
Wales women over 6.5 pts @ evens tonight

More
1 year 7 months ago #21 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Wales women over 6.5 pts @ evens tonight

Done and dusted after 15 mins!
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
1 year 7 months ago #22 by R3V3R3NT_
Just hunting for overs all weekend long in the NPC. Unfortunately busy so couldn't get on last nights game but looks to be plenty of points this weekend. I think these teams are stretched too thin and there is not the player depth. Players that have experience at the highest levels are having a field day out there. And with that, no point fading teams like Wellington anymore. While the team doesn't play very well the individual players are just a cut above.

Bookies going to keep setting these lines in the mid to late 50's because it sounds really high and it makes you want to take unders. But really the bulk of these games should be capped in the mid 60's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyskies

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
1 year 7 months ago #23 by Brent Graham
Australia v New Zealand betting preview

All Blacks over 30.5

Thinking of doing a quick show for this game tomorrow morning - watch this space

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
1 year 7 months ago #24 by Brent Graham
Going to do a preview show for the Bledisloe Test and will also touch on Bok game at 08h15

Regular show will go ahead tonight

Click here to watch on You Tube

More
1 year 7 months ago #25 by Jameson

Brent Graham wrote: Going to do a preview show for the Bledisloe Test and will also touch on Bok game at 08h15

Regular show will go ahead tonight

Click here to watch on You Tube

Nice one!

More
1 year 7 months ago #26 by southpaw
Over 51.5 points @ 5/6

More
1 year 7 months ago #27 by hanrick

hanrick wrote: All over Australia +10.5 on Thursday. Will also back them to win the test.

Have added Aus win at 7/2 and Aus over 19.5 points at 8/10

The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
1 year 7 months ago #28 by Chiefie

hanrick wrote:

Have added Aus win at 7/2 and Aus over 19.5 points at 8/10

Thoroughly looking forward to Oracles next novel release: “My trip to the office”.

More
1 year 7 months ago #29 by BDub

BDub wrote:

Great start to the week. It got real ugly for Southland as they ran out of legs.

Can see it was the effort game for Southland. I fear for them against Bay of Plenty in Tauranga on Sunday. Afternoon kickoff with good conditions and BOP could go top of Odds Conference. Waiting like a hungry hyena for the cap. Anything below 20.5 will get smashed but think it’ll be -25.5

Best bet of the wknd: Bay of Plenty -12.5/-13.5 v Southland. Can even get lower minuses at some books.

Southland hitting the wall badly and will be playing 3rd game in 8 days (storm week). Have lost by 45 and 30 in last two games.

BOP did stumble at home to Counties but hard to see them not covering this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hanrick, Kirky

More
1 year 7 months ago #30 by hanrick

BDub wrote:

BDub wrote:

Best bet of the wknd: Bay of Plenty -12.5/-13.5 v Southland. Can even get lower minuses at some books.

Southland hitting the wall badly and will be playing 3rd game in 8 days (storm week). Have lost by 45 and 30 in last two games.

BOP did stumble at home to Counties but hard to see them not covering this.

Agree, that's a cracking bet. Southland fading badly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BDub, Kirky

More
1 year 7 months ago #31 by Jameson
Appalling by the Darkness really - they arnt the team they used to be!

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #32 by Jameson
Butchered a 3 on 1 with half the field open!

More
1 year 7 months ago #33 by Jameson
Fair play, didn't see Australia coming back from 18 points down with 20mins to go. I've been kippered!

More
1 year 7 months ago #34 by kompos
why did the ref award nz that last scrum?
a penalty was awarded to Aus - time off was called etc.etc. - then only about 30 seconds of real time later, he awarded nz a scrum
you get 80 secs to take a penalty at goal - so how is 30 odd secs enough to give the ball to the other side with an ordinary penalty?

More
1 year 7 months ago #35 by Jameson

kompos wrote: why did the ref award nz that last scrum?
a penalty was awarded to Aus - time off was called etc.etc. - then only about 30 seconds of real time later, he awarded nz a scrum
you get 80 secs to take a penalty at goal - so how is 30 odd secs enough to give the ball to the other side with an ordinary penalty?

I'd like to see it again but if memory serves the ref stopped time and warned him to take the kick immediately after he restarts the clock. He didn't, hence the scrum.

I've seen this happen once before but not at test level. I think if Wales had been on the receiving end of that I would have gone ballistic ....

More
1 year 7 months ago #36 by kompos
well, that's not what actually happened - listen to some audio what actually happened
LOL - anyway, if I wasn't a punter I wouldn't take it so badly, but I backed AUS in running at 8/1,9/1 and 11/1 - fortunately my pre match bet +4.5 was never put in danger by this refs shenanigans

More
1 year 7 months ago #37 by Quill

kompos wrote: well, that's not what actually happened - listen to some audio what actually happened
LOL - anyway, if I wasn't a punter I wouldn't take it so badly, but I backed AUS in running at 8/1,9/1 and 11/1 - fortunately my pre match bet +4.5 was never put in danger by this refs shenanigans

Correct, the commentators were saying the ref didn't talk to the player like they usually do.
Then Foley had his leg in the air to kick the ball already when he stopped him. He was in the movement to kick it.
Commentators and others were saying that that was a disgrace to rugby, but unfortunately Rennie will probably get an apology email on Monday and that's it.

But in the end, how many times have the All Blacks been given unfair advantage, got away with murder, etc? This time it was something else. The ref just handed them the win with that 5 metres penalty.

More
1 year 7 months ago #38 by Quill
Now they have to wait another year to have another go at that Bloody Slow Cup! They had a hand on it already!

More
1 year 7 months ago #39 by Chiefie

kompos wrote: well, that's not what actually happened - listen to some audio what actually happened

this is just rinse and repeat

may it never stop

More
1 year 7 months ago #40 by Jameson
Is this not what happened? :

1. Australia win a penalty 5m from their own line as NZ maul splinters and ball-carrier is isolated and holds on. There's about 90 seconds left on the match clock
2. Australia celebrate and Foley dicks around for a while obviously trying to wind down the clock.
3. Just before 79:00 Raynal stops the clock and warns Foley to stop wasting time and to kick the ball once the clock restarts.
4. Raynal starts the clock again and Foley still decides to waste time.
5. Raynal blows the whistle somewhere around 79:10 on the clock and awards the scrum to NZ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyskies, Brad Breath

More
1 year 7 months ago #41 by kompos
this is just rinse and repeat

may it never stop[/quote]

at least that bit is correct, if you are referring to my post about handicaps

8 points out - the closest the bookies line has been in 7 rugby championship games

and @ Jameson - that's about correct - 35 seconds

now check future penalties and time wasted

bs baffles brains - this bloke should never be allowed to ref again

More
1 year 7 months ago #42 by Jameson

kompos wrote: this is just rinse and repeat

may it never stop

8 points out - the closest the bookies line has been in 7 rugby championship games

bs baffles brains - this bloke should never be allowed to ref again[/quote]

When a side gets awarded a penalty and kicks to touch I would think that the time taken for this is usually a lot less than 35-40 seconds. Count them down - its a long time! Even Aussie team mates were shouting at him to kick? Its a tough call but technically correct maybe??

More
1 year 7 months ago #43 by R3V3R3NT_

Jameson wrote:

kompos wrote: this is just rinse and repeat

may it never stop

bs baffles brains - this bloke should never be allowed to ref again

When a side gets awarded a penalty and kicks to touch I would think that the time taken for this is usually a lot less than 35-40 seconds. Count them down - its a long time! Even Aussie team mates were shouting at him to kick? Its a tough call but technically correct maybe??[/quote]

Referring is about consistency not necessarily following the letter of the law. It is the referees interpretation of the rules players must adapt to. Thats why you often get early penalties in the ruck to each side. The referee is setting the tone as to how he will interpret the ruck for IDEALLY the rest of the game. Aussie wasted so much time at the end of the first half with two men in the bin. If the ref had awarded a scrum there then ok the 79th minute call is fair enough. But it came out of no where, the whole game he was just warning players with no penalty therefore it is completely inconsistent to how he was referring the game. Worst call I have ever seen. He also missed an obvious red card and foreward pass hopefully not around at this level for some time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyskies

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #44 by sunnyskies
R3V3R3NT_ posted:

"When a side gets awarded a penalty and kicks to touch I would think that the time taken for this is usually a lot less than 35-40 seconds. Count them down - its a long time! Even Aussie team mates were shouting at him to kick? Its a tough call but technically correct maybe??"

Look how quickly Foley took the conversion on that forward pass that Kelloway scored!
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by sunnyskies.

More
1 year 7 months ago #45 by R3V3R3NT_
Playing overs pretty much every game this weekend. Adding this multi see how it goes

Taranaki v Manawatu Over 52.5/ Counties Manukau v Canterbury over 50.5 /
Hawke's Bay v Wellington Over 49.5 / Bay Of Plenty(-15.5) / Waikato Win
$8.50

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #46 by Jameson
I can only get over 58 for the Taranaki game so am going Manawatu +13.5 :-o

Edit: Manawatu passing is awful - not even schoolboy level. I'm haemorrhaging cash like nobodies business!

More
1 year 7 months ago #47 by Chiefie

Jameson wrote: I can only get over 58 for the Taranaki game so am going Manawatu +13.5 :-o

Edit: Manawatu passing is awful - not even schoolboy level. I'm haemorrhaging cash like nobodies business!

Over 58 would be safe. +13 not so much.

More
1 year 7 months ago #48 by Jameson

Chiefie wrote:

Jameson wrote: I can only get over 58 for the Taranaki game so am going Manawatu +13.5 :-o

Neither looks safe at the moment - 40 scored in the 1st half and so far 5 in the 2nd 65mins :-o

More
1 year 7 months ago #49 by Quill

Jameson wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Neither looks safe at the moment - 40 scored in the 1st half and so far 5 in the 2nd 65mins :-o

Chiefie, mate, rectify the jinx please!

You jinxed it in the wrong way! :ohmy:

More
1 year 7 months ago #50 by Quill

Quill wrote:

Jameson wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Chiefie, mate, rectify the jinx please!

You jinxed it in the wrong way! :ohmy:

We can wait till Christmas and they will never score a point anymore!