World Darts Championship

More
1 year 4 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
World Darts Championship was created by Brent Graham
I love watching darts at this time of the year and this afternoon we have the 1st 2 quarterfinals

I don't follow this sport closely but have watched a few matches and played some darts myself last night which qualifies me as an expert :lol:

QF 1 is Dimitri Van den Bergh v Johnny Clayton
This is the closest match in terms of betting and I fancy a minor upset - Clayton is fav at around 6/10 but I am going for DVDB who really impressed me in a comfortable last 16 win (4-0)
Despite being 20 years younger DVDB has a better record in this tournament and I suspect Clayton could crack under pressure

BET: DVDB win at 14/10 WSB

The quarters are 1st to 5 sets with a set the 1st to 3 legs

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic World Darts Championship

Brent Graham wrote: I don't follow this sport closely but have watched a few matches and played some darts myself last night which qualifies me as an expert :lol:

Brent "The Bullet" Graham! Hope you danced upto the Oche like your man Van Den Burgh ;)

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 4 months ago #3 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic World Darts Championship
LOL love these entrances, Van Den Bergh basically shook hands with the entire crowd

More
1 year 4 months ago #4 by kcmarinopirlo
2 Great QF's so far!

Every year around this time; I end up hunting out my old darts and buying a Board!

#LovetheDarts

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 4 months ago #5 by Brent Graham
Agree been great - didnt get involved in the 2nd one as we had guests and I was totally focused on the 1st quarter and was getting looks from the wife

Price not at gis best and taking 4/1 Clemens to cause an upset

More
1 year 4 months ago #6 by kcmarinopirlo
Well done Brent, he played amazing!

Not sure what Price was doing with the Ear Defenders though; he will never live that down.

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 4 months ago #7 by Brent Graham
The Ear Defenders were crazy, not seen anything like it, appeared to throw Clemens off his stride for a short while

2 great semi's to look forward to later - here are my thoughts on the opener

Clemens 9/4 v Smith 1/3
I am not getting 4/1 on Clemens this time but based on yesterdays darts the 9/4 is a decent price.
Smith finishing was excellent averaging 47% for close outs against Bunting who only came in at 24% and actually outperformed Smith in other areas such as 3 dart average where he was on 97% and Smith on 92%

Smith is a great finisher but I can see him being put under added pressure from Clemens who average 99.94% against Price closing at 35% - The German looks superb and I can see him causing an upset here.

But there is a better value bet at a similar price in my opinion

Most 180's at Sunbet
Clemens 41/20 Draw 9/1 Smith 12/25

Clemens banged in 8 180's in 22 sets against Price while Smith got 6 in 30 legs against Bunting (who by the way got 14) so on that basis Clemens could be a favourite here. Looking back at previous matches I can see why he isn't (Smith got 10 in just 21 legs and Clemens 5 in 20 legs in the last 16) but there is no way in my view he is a 2/1 shot - not the way he was playing yesterday

BET: Clemens most 180's at 41//20 at Sunbet

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #8 by Brent Graham
The 2nd Semi-final sees the odds on fav Van Gerwen take on Van Den Bergh who has impressed me in his last 2 matches.

I can't see past a comfortable Van Gerwen win though and with the betting one sided finding an angle isn't easy.

Betting: Van Gerwen 1/7, Van den Bergh 5/1

It is quite interesting that Van den Bergh is 8/10 to get more 180's than Van Gerwen but that is because the latter often shifts focus to the trip 19 where he is deadly. The stats support him being favourite and the 8/10 may even be generous but not for me.

Other options for punters are set betting where 6-2 to Van Gerwen is trading as a favourite.

For me though it is time to pull the trigger on an outright bet

Van Gerwen is generally 5/10 to take the title and frankly I don't see him being stopped. He is throwing so well and the pressure on any opponent will be immense.

There is 0.56/1 he wins the tournament on offer

I don't usually back short prices but the final is tomorrow so not really a long term investment and I am happy to make it my first big play of 2023

BET: Van Gerwen Tournament win at 0.56/1 at Betway

If you don't have a Betway account yet and want to follow please use this link to open an account to support Goodforthegame - they have an opening match deposit bonus and you can use the promo Code GFTG

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Brent Graham. Reason: added detail

More
1 year 4 months ago #9 by Brent Graham
No joy on Clemens - Smith was amazing with his 180's

MVG different gravy though and in to 3/10

Should be a great final and will let my MVG outright run