All Racing Tips w/c 5th February

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 5th February was created by mackem
No local racing on Monday, will have Tuesday's Kenilworth preview available shortly and all this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 5th February
Tuesday's Punters Challenge preview for Kenilworth

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/kenilworth-t...rse-racing-tips.html

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #3 by mackem
Wednesday's Punters Challenge preview for Greyville

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-we...rse-racing-tips.html

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #4 by mackem

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #5 by mackem
Winning Form, Fairview on Friday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6 by mackem

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #7 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 5th February
Had a quick look today for tomorrow due to load shedding tonight and tomorrow morning, and like the following:

Kenilworth
Race 1 - World of Pleasure @ 17/10 (HWB)
First run was impressive I thought, and was running on nicely even if beaten by a better horse. Of the raced horses definitely looks like the best option. Of the unraced, nothing that jumps out to me, except the Azzie horse, and they will have a line on the fav with him having beaten there fav in the same race. Will banker him in my bi-pot as struggle to take those odds.

Race 2 - Gold Gunner @ 12/1 (WSB)
Nicely bred and half brother to Chimichuri Run, who was one of my favs. Nothing to show in first run, but think looking for this trip on breeding and I have liked the Lanchester Bombers. Also been gelded.

Race 4 - Lockheedlighting @ 15/2 (WSB & HWB)
Last run was flying at the finish after having run 3 deep the whole way around the bend. This time gets services of Bernard, and hopefully will be able to bring him home. Also getting a nice weight swing from the other runners.
Possible dark horse in the race is Apache Chief if a tail wind.

Race 5 - Broadway Girl @ 7.1 (WSB)
Last run I thought was very impressive getting close to the above average Hold my Hand who is rated a 108, and finishing 2l behind. Dropped in class of field and with a light mass, hoping can pop up at reasonable odds.

Race 7 - Street Outlaw @ 28/1 (WSB) & Bright Green @ 25/1
Street Outlaw - Has gone completely off the boil, but last 2 runs have been reasonable. Was previously rated a 99 and now dropped to a 79. Any sort of return to earlier form, could pop up at nice odds.
Bright Green - Exactly the same. Remember this one winning on debut and stable saying they rated him. He has run 2l behind Cousin Casey and 3 behind Silvano's Dasher at level weights, and 3l behind Gladatorian getting half a kg. Now to me any sort of return to that form, must have a huge chance at a huge price.

Turffontein
Race 1 - Address the Nation @ 22/10
Yes I know Pistol Pete is highy thought of, but I personally believe this one will have the better of him. First win was impressive, and 2nd horse has come out and won well. If we use Ready Set Fire as a line horse, should have 3l on Pistol Pete. Giving that maybe cause there was no horse near by they pushed him, I still believe the hard run race will do ATN the world of good. Will take in a double with Kenilworth race 1 @ 15/2

Race 6 - Dark Silver @ 11/2 (WSB)
Last run I thought was decent, and will like the distance. Fav is well backed and stable will have a line through La Mohaal who beat Dark Silver previously over 1600m. Well drawn and Diego stays on board.

Race 7 - Just Nuisance @ 10/1
Well drawn and goes for 3 peat. Thought last 2 wins were full of merit and comes in here with a light mass. Some hard knockers in this one but think could have a chance.
Other one I like is Raffles with Appie claim. Well drawn and distance wont be a problem.
Just my 2 cents, I am not sure the fav will see out the 1600m, full brother Outofthedarkness was always best over the 1400m and struggled over further.

Hope you enjoy the days racing.
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by kt6747. Reason: Added Turffontein
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #8 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 5th February
A few on a quiet sporting Sunday -

S8 Mcartney @ 20/1 ew. Reunited with Veale. Blinkers strike.

S7 No Filter @ 14/1 ew. On juvenile form could pop up.

S5 Kailene @ 25/2 ew. Likes this course.

Good racing.