All Football tips w/c 18th March

More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by mackem
All Football tips w/c 18th March was created by mackem
International week including Euro and AFCON qualifiers so the major European leagues are not in action. All this week's football tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 6 days ago #2 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic All Football tips w/c 18th March
Euro 2024 Qualification (Thursday Night)
Georgia vs Luxembourg

I think they have the wrong favourite for the early game between Georgia and Luxembourg. Georgia have only made it here thanks to the dubious Nations League while Luxembourg was very impressive in finishing third in their Euro Qual group. They were smashed 6-0 and 9-0 by Portugal but besides those two games, they were very competitive and pushed Slovakia close for automatic qualification. No one expected them to finish ahead of Bosnia and Iceland, so they have proven themselves by getting here.

Georgia will be without their star man Khvicha Kvaratskhelia who is suspended and its a massive miss for the team. Even with home advantage tomorrow night, I think they will struggle against a fired up Luxembourg side.

Bet: Luxembourg to Qualify against Georgia @ 22/10
Bet: BTTS Double in Georgia/Luxembourg & Wales/Finland - 45/10

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
Last edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Naidoo. Reason: Additional Bet
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
1 month 6 days ago #3 by Naidoo

Naidoo wrote: Euro 2024 Qualification (Thursday Night)
Georgia vs Luxembourg

I think they have the wrong favourite for the early game between Georgia and Luxembourg. Georgia have only made it here thanks to the dubious Nations League while Luxembourg was very impressive in finishing third in their Euro Qual group. They were smashed 6-0 and 9-0 by Portugal but besides those two games, they were very competitive and pushed Slovakia close for automatic qualification. No one expected them to finish ahead of Bosnia and Iceland, so they have proven themselves by getting here.

Georgia will be without their star man Khvicha Kvaratskhelia who is suspended and its a massive miss for the team. Even with home advantage tomorrow night, I think they will struggle against a fired up Luxembourg side.

Adding one more bet for tonight's games. I think the odds are too high for a Kazakhstan goal and they should give Greece a good go tonight in the semi final.

Bet: BTTS in Greece vs Kazakhstan - 18/10

More
1 month 6 days ago #4 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic All Football tips w/c 18th March

Georgia vs Luxembourg

Agree with Luxembourg.

I took Luxembourg +0.5 @2.00

More
1 month 6 days ago #5 by Quill
Greece v Kazakhstan

Agree with Naidoo on Kazakhstan. Here's my take on them.

Typically what happens in international soccer is bigger named countries get overvalued because of a significant perceived edge in terms of talent.

Kazakhstan actually performed very well in their group that featured Denmark and Slovenia. In fact, they actually pulled off a 3-2 upset of Denmark early on in qualifying and gave a good game to everyone in their group.

When you look at the talent on the Greek National Team, they really aren’t head and shoulders above some of the smaller nations. Konstantinos Tsimikas barely plays for Liverpool, Konstantinos Mavropanos starts for one of the worst Premier League defences in West Ham, and Odysseas Vlachodimos has been benched by Nottingham Forest.

Their main striker Vangelis Pavlidis is having a really nice season at AZ Alkmaar scoring 23 goals in 26 appearances, but he is pretty much it in terms of their attack. Most importantly though, Greece have very little ball stopping in their midfield and their best defensive midfielder Manolis Siopis has been out since November.

Kazakhstan are going to sit in a 5-4-1 defensive block in front of their 18-yard box and dare Greece to break them down and I am not sure the Greeks have enough offensive fire power to do so considering both Denmark and Slovenia failed to create over two expected goals in any of their four matches against Kazakhstan in qualifying.

Bet 1: Kazakhstan +1.5 @1.75
Bet 2: Kazakhstan to score @2.25

More
1 month 6 days ago #6 by Quill

Naidoo wrote:

Georgia vs Luxembourg

Adding one more bet for tonight's games. I think the odds are too high for a Kazakhstan goal and they should give Greece a good go tonight in the semi final.

I took Kazakhstan to score which is at good enough odds for me (2.25) compared to BTTS - Yes, which is at 2.62.
I mean... what if Greece doesn't score? :lol:

More
1 month 6 days ago #7 by Naidoo

Quill wrote:

Naidoo wrote:

Georgia vs Luxembourg

I took Kazakhstan to score which is at good enough odds for me (2.25) compared to BTTS - Yes, which is at 2.62.
I mean... what if Greece doesn't score? :lol:

Thanks Quill for your bets and detailed insight.
Yeah I also contemplated the possibility of Greece not scoring but in the end, its international football so not massive stakes and also I am greedy so wanted that bigger odds :lol:

More
1 month 6 days ago #8 by Naidoo
Idk about you Quill but I am eagerly waiting for club football to return next weekend. Kazakhstan and Luxembourg have been awful tonight. No fight at all by these teams.

More
1 month 5 days ago #9 by Quill

Naidoo wrote: Idk about you Quill but I am eagerly waiting for club football to return next weekend. Kazakhstan and Luxembourg have been awful tonight. No fight at all by these teams.

Lots of cringing moments.

More
1 month 5 days ago #10 by Quill
CONCACAF Nations League

USA vs Jamaica

The Reggae Boyz have been one of Berhalter's more difficult opponents during his tenure, beating the Americans in a 2019 friendly and drawing the last two games.
Even while losing, Jamaica have scored consistently in their games against USA, registering one goal exactly in five of the seven matches since Berhalter took over the USA team.

Bet: Jamaica scores 1 goal exactly @2.60

More
1 month 5 days ago #11 by Naidoo

Quill wrote: CONCACAF Nations League

USA vs Jamaica

The Reggae Boyz have been one of Berhalter's more difficult opponents during his tenure, beating the Americans in a 2019 friendly and drawing the last two games.
Even while losing, Jamaica have scored consistently in their games against USA, registering one goal exactly in five of the seven matches since Berhalter took over the USA team.

Bet: Jamaica scores 1 goal exactly @2.60

Thanks Quill I was just about to post my bet for this game as well. Taking BTTS at 11/10.

More
1 month 3 days ago #12 by Quill
CONCACAF Nations League - Final

USA vs Mexico

United States are the only nation to win the competition since it was launched in 2019-2020.

This time however, they nearly suffered an embarrassing semifinal defeat, requiring a stoppage-time own-goal and two from Haji Wright in extra time to earn a 3-1 victory over a depleted Jamaica side.

With most of Jamaica’s Premier League stars out of the Reggae Boyz’ lineup, the United States still struggled immensely to create chances after conceding in the first minute.

It took Jamaica's Cory Burke heading the ball into his own net while trying to clear a corner in the 96th minute to save manager Gregg Berhalter’s men.

A bounce back is expected from this USA team, as they don't usually go two poor performances in a row.

This time Mexico is far more likely to want possession, which will suit USA team better than a defensive-minded opponent that came out in a 5-4-1 and scored an early goal.

Bet 1: USA TT over 1.5 goals @2.66
Bet 2: Total goals over 2.0 @1.78
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

More
1 month 3 days ago #13 by Naidoo

Quill wrote: CONCACAF Nations League - Final

USA vs Mexico

United States are the only nation to win the competition since it was launched in 2019-2020.

This time however, they nearly suffered an embarrassing semifinal defeat, requiring a stoppage-time own-goal and two from Haji Wright in extra time to earn a 3-1 victory over a depleted Jamaica side.

With most of Jamaica’s Premier League stars out of the Reggae Boyz’ lineup, the United States still struggled immensely to create chances after conceding in the first minute.

It took Jamaica's Cory Burke heading the ball into his own net while trying to clear a corner in the 96th minute to save manager Gregg Berhalter’s men.

A bounce back is expected from this USA team, as they don't usually go two poor performances in a row.

This time Mexico is far more likely to want possession, which will suit USA team better than a defensive-minded opponent that came out in a 5-4-1 and scored an early goal.

Thanks Quill for the write up and I like your thinking here. I think it will be a high scoring game as well but I see it a little differently, I think Mexico can hurt the US and score a few themselves.

Bet: BTTS @ 19/20
Bet: Mexico TT over 1.5 Goals @ 25/10

More
1 month 2 days ago #14 by Naidoo

Naidoo wrote:

Quill wrote: CONCACAF Nations League - Final

USA vs Mexico

Thanks Quill for the write up and I like your thinking here. I think it will be a high scoring game as well but I see it a little differently, I think Mexico can hurt the US and score a few themselves.

Bet: BTTS @ 19/20
Bet: Mexico TT over 1.5 Goals @ 25/10

Note to self: instead of making my own bets on the footy, I should just blindly back Quills selections :lol:

Nice read on that game Quill, as always brilliant form yet again :)