Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd

More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by ThoughtsOnSports
Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd was created by ThoughtsOnSports
Lots of European rugby this weekend and a couple of fancies from my side.

Bristol +16.5 vs Sarries:
Pat Lam said in an interview that they are going all out this weekend to try get a win. While I don't think that will happen, they will surely beat this cap. Big cap for a form team. Was expecting a 10.5 cap.

Ulster +20.5 vs Leinster:
Form team. Big cap. Should surely cover it.

Glasgow to beat Edinburgh at 0.7
Home side usually takes this one and Glasgow strong at home.

Sale to beat Saints at 0.8:
While Saints have been solid in the Premiership, I just can't see Sale losing this. They know the importance of winning home games and they rested most of their starters against Chiefs in Europe on the weekend.

Wasps to beat Quins at 0.7:
Wasps have been in turmoil this season but know that they need to turn it around. What better way to do so than a home fixture against one of the weakest away sides in the comp.

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Brad Breath, bradie82

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by southpaw

ThoughtsOnSports wrote: Lots of European rugby this weekend and a couple of fancies from my side.

Bristol +16.5 vs Sarries:
Pat Lam said in an interview that they are going all out this weekend to try get a win. While I don't think that will happen, they will surely beat this cap. Big cap for a form team. Was expecting a 10.5 cap.

Ulster +20.5 vs Leinster:
Form team. Big cap. Should surely cover it.

Glasgow to beat Edinburgh at 0.7
Home side usually takes this one and Glasgow strong at home.

Sale to beat Saints at 0.8:
While Saints have been solid in the Premiership, I just can't see Sale losing this. They know the importance of winning home games and they rested most of their starters against Chiefs in Europe on the weekend.

Wasps to beat Quins at 0.7:
Wasps have been in turmoil this season but know that they need to turn it around. What better way to do so than a home fixture against one of the weakest away sides in the comp.

Good thoughts and would tend to agree on all.

More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by DanieCalitz
Replied by DanieCalitz on topic Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd
Do you guys think Ulster will send their strongest side to Leinster??

More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by bradie82
Agree with you on the Wasps – I was at the Quins vs Ulster game Saturday and Quins are absolutely weak. I know few players were missing but they could not pass the ball, nobody to take the lead, … that’s was shocking.
Wasps ML @ 1.7
On the question regarding Ulster resting players, as the international players will be given 2 weeks off from next Monday (International rest + training camp), I think all Irish teams will bring their best squad for this week end as they will be without their international players for the following week end.

More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd
My impression of the Irish rest protocols are that most Internationals need to be given 2 consecutive weeks rest.
So I suspect many may sit out this wknd and next, then back the wknd after to build into the European games.

Munster have a few injuries, plus given the above, I backed Connacht -2 yesterday

More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by Kirky

DanieCalitz wrote: Do you guys think Ulster will send their strongest side to Leinster??

Ahhh Danie,
Given that my dad was Irish, and I've been a student of European rugby for some time now, and consider myself an expert @ approx 10% understanding, dat's a darn good question. My best answer for you is 'maybe'.

You see with the Irish it sorta works like 'should we do dis, or should we do dat' and den maybe we do de udder ting..
Nobody really knows why the Irish are like this, but it's possible/likely that they're confused. It might also be they're thinking about beer.

Also, as I'm half Irish, don't listen to a word I say - you'll surely lose money doing that :woohoo:

Maybe check team sheets, out this afternoon. Like dat'll tell ye anyting - haha
Good luck ouboet :beer

More
4 years 4 months ago #7 by BDub
Really fancy Bordeaux at -11.5. They’ve been playing some great rugger and La Rochelle had a very tough away game at Glasgow! This bet gets my money.

Would like to hear the thoughts of Monsieur Bradie82.

Follow me on Twitter - @BrendonWessels

More
4 years 4 months ago #8 by bradie82
Hi BDub
Agree that Bordeaux has been impressive this season and La Rochelle just average but the win @ Glasgow last week end with key players rested could be a reference point in their season.
On top of that, the forecast so far is heavy rain and heavy wind so that will not be good for the type of game Bordeaux is playing.
I did not have a proper look at all odds but the one that looks appealing is the Agen +9.5 against Toulouse
Always complicated at Armandie, Agen rested key players for 2 weeks for this game, forecast is the same as Bordeaux and with Toulon, Stade Francais and 2 last H cup game following that game, I could see Toulouse doing an important turnover
The following user(s) said Thank You: BDub

More
4 years 4 months ago #9 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd
Going against TOS somewhat and backing Edinburgh to put up a real fight vs Glasgow.
Glasgow have looked a bit out of sorts lately to me, with their home loss to La Rochelle last week an example.
Edinburgh won this corresponding fixture last year and I like their lineup, with Hickey at 10.

Edinburgh +4 @ 1.91
Smaller play on Edinburgh win @ 2.60

• TheBettingStig
4 years 4 months ago #10 by TheBettingStig
Replied by TheBettingStig on topic Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd
Premiership

Round 6 (Algorithm performance 18/30 = 60%)

Gloucester 10.5 v Worcester
S-line: 12
Bet minus

Leicester v Exeter 2.5
S-line: -8
Bet minus

Sale 3.5 v Northampton
S-line: -2
Bet plus

Saracens 18.5 v Bristol
S-line: 20
Bet minus

Wasps 2.5 v Harlequins
S-line: -3
Bet plus

London Irish 1.5 v Bath
S-line: 3
Bet minus

• TheBettingStig
4 years 4 months ago #11 by TheBettingStig
Replied by TheBettingStig on topic Pro 14 and English premiership 20th Dec to 22nd
Pro 14

Round 8 (Algorithm performance 28/42 = 67%)

Leinster 24.5 v Ulster
S-line: 29
Bet minus

Zebre v Benneton 7.5
S-line: -5
Bet plus

Connacht 4.5 v Munster
S-line: -1
Bet plus

Dragons v Scarlets 8.5
S-line: -15
Bet minus

Glasgow 2.5 v Edinburgh
Bet plus

Ospreys v Cardiff 4.5
S-line: -7
Bet minus

• TheBettingStig
4 years 4 months ago #12 by TheBettingStig
Top 14

Round 11 (Algorithm performance 44/70 = 63%)

Agen v Toulouse 6.5
S-line: -18
Bet minus

Bayonne 7.5 v Brive
Bet plus

Bordeaux 13.5 v La Rochelle
S-line: 15
Bet minus

Castres v Lyon 1.5
S-line: -4
Bet minus

Racing 7.5 v Montpellier
S-line: 12
Bet minus

Toulon 5.5 v Clermont
S-line: -1
Bet plus

Stade Francais 8.5 v Pau
S-line: 13
Bet minus