Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December

More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
Despite the newsletter Best Bet arriving and both Currie Cup Preview picks landing it was a poor weekend for me, one of my worst for some time. The big swing was o54.5 in Leinster game - 48 points scored with 35 minutes remaining and it lands on 54 - ouch

Lions v Sharks and Sharks over a big loss but onwards we march

I am not sure how much rugby we will get in the UK and Europe given Covid situation but there is Pro14 and Premiership scheduled - possibly Top 14 as well but no longer televised so I don't follow

Here are my Currie Cup handicap projections for the weekend matches

WP -17.5 v Griquas
Bulls -6.5 v Lions
Cheetahs +5.5 v Sharks

Chat rugby betting with us - Create a forum account www.goodforthegame.co.za/Create-an-account.html - any problems with registration e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Here is the link to subscribe to the free weekly Goodforthegame betting mailer bit.ly/bettingmail

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
Looking at WSB prices on the 2 Currie Cup games (Bulls v Lions postponed) not alot of value for me - WSB caps on the right in brackets

WP -17.5 v Griquas (-16.5)
Cheetahs +5.5 v Sharks (+4.5)

More
3 years 4 months ago #3 by Shazzadude
I'm guessing Exeter-Gloucester will probably be cancelled/postponed because of a number of staff and players in the Chiefs having COVID? I was quite interested in seeing what sort of handicap the books would come up with for that game

Kiwi living in Australia

More
3 years 4 months ago #4 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
Munster +4.5 at 17/20

Sale +4.5 at 17/20

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
3 years 4 months ago #5 by CLrugby
Jumping on WP -16.5 here. They need a 5 points win and it’s probably one of their best lineup so far, strong pack, Jantijes at 9, Willemse at 15 instead of 10, and a strong bench. They won 14 the Pumas with a worst team and playing poor, 16.5 is not so high at home on dry conditions.

DHL Western Province team: Damian Willemse, Sergeal Petersen, Dan du Plessis, Rikus Pretorius, Angelo Davids, Tim Swiel, Herschel Jantjies, Juarno Augustus, Johan du Toit, Siya Kolisi (captain), JD Schickerling, Chris van Zyl, Frans Malherbe, Bongi Mbonambi, Steven Kitshoff. Replacements: Chad Solomon, Kwenzo Blose, Sazi Sandi, David Meihuizen, Jaco Coetzee, Paul de Wet, Ruhan Nel, Tristan Leyds, Ernst van Rhyn, Chris Schreuder, Leolin Zas.

@Chris_Lacharge

More
3 years 4 months ago #6 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December

CLrugby wrote: Jumping on WP -16.5 here. They need a 5 points win and it’s probably one of their best lineup so far, strong pack, Jantijes at 9, Willemse at 15 instead of 10, and a strong bench. They won 14 the Pumas with a worst team and playing poor, 16.5 is not so high at home on dry conditions.

DHL Western Province team: Damian Willemse, Sergeal Petersen, Dan du Plessis, Rikus Pretorius, Angelo Davids, Tim Swiel, Herschel Jantjies, Juarno Augustus, Johan du Toit, Siya Kolisi (captain), JD Schickerling, Chris van Zyl, Frans Malherbe, Bongi Mbonambi, Steven Kitshoff. Replacements: Chad Solomon, Kwenzo Blose, Sazi Sandi, David Meihuizen, Jaco Coetzee, Paul de Wet, Ruhan Nel, Tristan Leyds, Ernst van Rhyn, Chris Schreuder, Leolin Zas.

I agree with you, they will romp home. Could not believe my eyes when it opened at -14.5. Depleted my balance. This will be a weekend of unders/winning margins 1 -12 in all of Ospreys/Scarlets, Zebre/Benetton and Munster/Leinster matches.

More
3 years 4 months ago #7 by CLrugby
Also small detail but Ospreys - Scarlets will be played as a home game for Scarlets. Ospreys pitch is being replaced so they changed the venue. Hope the bookies won’t notice it!

@Chris_Lacharge

More
3 years 4 months ago #8 by hanrick

CLrugby wrote: Jumping on WP -16.5 here. They need a 5 points win and it’s probably one of their best lineup so far, strong pack, Jantijes at 9, Willemse at 15 instead of 10, and a strong bench. They won 14 the Pumas with a worst team and playing poor, 16.5 is not so high at home on dry conditions.

Agree, Christmas gift from the books. FIRE!!!

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
3 years 4 months ago #9 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
Credit to CLRugby for the preview pick of WP-16.5

Betting Preview WP v Griquas

The following user(s) said Thank You: CLrugby

More
3 years 4 months ago #10 by CLrugby
I am also on Sale +4.5 (early position confirmed by lineup) + Bristol (that Backline is lethal)

@Chris_Lacharge

More
3 years 4 months ago #11 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
All over WP -16.5 and taken more -17.5 now.

Big strike on Sale board at 9/10 - can't believe that price is still available.

More
3 years 4 months ago #12 by Brent Graham
Guys THE HANDICAP show is taking a break till mid Jan - thanks for all of the support throughout the year

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, CLrugby, Kirky

More
3 years 4 months ago #13 by CLrugby

Brent Graham wrote: Guys THE HANDICAP show is taking a break till mid Jan - thanks for all of the support throughout the year

Great Xmas celebrations everyone and thank you for the amazing year and great spirit on both show and forum!

@Chris_Lacharge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
3 years 4 months ago #14 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
Bets I've taken today:
Sale +1 @ 1.91
Ospreys +9 @ evens

Merry Christmas fellow punters - here's to a belting (& profitable) 2021 :) :lol:

Brent & Chris - special thanks to you lads for running this exceptional site. Such a great community you've built on here!

Cheers all :beer :beer :beer :beer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
3 years 4 months ago #15 by ThoughtsOnSports
Merry Christmas everyone.

I like Dragons and Ospreys to both cover. Weather looking grim in Wales this weekend.

Dragons +8
Ospreys +6

More
3 years 4 months ago #16 by GoGoNoNo
hi, Ospreys vs Scarlet will be played at the Scarlet Stadium, the Osprey’s stadium is under construction.

More
3 years 4 months ago #17 by CLrugby
Happy Boxing Day everyone, hope the Xmas present is blue and white today ...

@Chris_Lacharge

More
3 years 4 months ago #18 by southpaw
Not a side I tend to trust on a big cap as they have got it wrong a number of times when strongly fancied. But feels a lot in their favour and joining the WP train -

WP -17.5 @ 17/20 Hollywood

More
3 years 4 months ago #19 by Brent Graham
Cheetahs v Sharks betting preview

A small early interest in the Sharks with the main plays likely to be on the points markets

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #20 by Chiefie
Quins v Bristol

Thoroughly enjoying the refereeing of Matt Carley.

Not.

Passive aggressive matey twat.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he thought Mark Cueto scored THAT try in 2007.

Now we’re not awarding clear tries. F off
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Chiefie.

More
3 years 4 months ago #21 by coil
Trying to make a case of Worcester on the plus , Saints continue to disappoint and the visitors have to have a chance . So small bet on the plus 7.5 and under 45.5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chiefie

More
3 years 4 months ago #22 by Chiefie

coil wrote: Trying to make a case of Worcester on the plus , Saints continue to disappoint and the visitors have to have a chance . So small bet on the plus 7.5 and under 45.5.

Definitely go under. Definitely

More
3 years 4 months ago #23 by Brent Graham
I cannot believe that WP-17.5 lost

Had -16.5 but added more -17.5 - they don't look like they can score a try in open play

Tim Swiel missing 2 kickable convo's didn't help

More
3 years 4 months ago #24 by southpaw
Sadly I can and WP a side you cannot rely on. Thought enough in favour today to get past that cap. When was 34-10 with 13 min to go a new the 17.5 was going to be cooked by a half point, it’s so WP style.

More
3 years 4 months ago #25 by coil

Brent Graham wrote: I cannot believe that WP-17.5 lost

Had -16.5 but added more -17.5 - they don't look like they can score a try in open play

Tim Swiel missing 2 kickable convo's didn't help

Very stiff, glad you got some minus 16.5 at least , worcester hopeless but thankfully the unders negated the plus 7.5 ....

Sunday.
Points low in Sale Game , but thinking under still. 3 pm kickoff with a few showers of rain.

The Sharks trend is one kak game and one good game , will probably bounce back to cover this cap , but I cannot back them . So it'll be an unders or Cheetahs best plus .

The Connacht game is tricky , loads of changes . Ulster not great on the road in general , Connacht can leak like a sieve. I'll probably go for the plus .

More
3 years 4 months ago #26 by southpaw
Over 54.5 @ 0.87 Cheetahs v Sharks

More
3 years 4 months ago #27 by Brent Graham
Big strike Sharks o28.5 8/10 Sunbet

More
3 years 4 months ago #28 by coil
Against the grain ... unders 54.5 in Bloem and plus 4.5 Cheetahs

Wasps plus 5.5 and looking at unders but referee Maxwell keys is a potential overs ref so will wait .

More
3 years 4 months ago #29 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
I am a bit concerned over the Shark's preparation leading into this match. Apparently they could only train on Christmas. They only managed to beat Vrystaat by 6 points in Durban, with 10 of those points coming after the 75th minute. I reckon Vrystaat put in a big performance today in Bloem. Like them to win by 1 -12

More
3 years 4 months ago #30 by Brent Graham
Nkosi FTS at 9/1 for an added interest

More
3 years 4 months ago #31 by Brent Graham
That's my form he is a withdrawal LOL

More
3 years 4 months ago #32 by Chiefie
Have gone under 56.5 in the Cheetahs v Sharks game.

27-10 at HT.

Point a minute at this rate.

Brent - heading to cash converters to drop off a few things, you want a lift? (Will need petrol money)

More
3 years 4 months ago #33 by Brent Graham
LOL I my need one, these last few Currie Cup games have put me in the poor house

I was so angry after WP blew the -17.5 yesterday I really fired into Sharks o28.5

More
3 years 4 months ago #34 by Chiefie
The sharks are lacking any cohesion or fluidity in their play.

They’re practically the Worcester warriors of the south.

More
3 years 4 months ago #35 by Chiefie
The sharks are lacking any cohesion or fluidity in their play.

They’re practically the Worcester warriors of the south.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, coil

More
3 years 4 months ago #36 by Brent Graham
Ending a good year really badly, usually bank on profits in the Currie Cup but last couple of weeks awful

I know nothing of the Connacht game but thinking of emptying out in s final (if it loses) reckless play

More
3 years 4 months ago #37 by henryscat
It seems the Sharks play terribly but then the week after its all forgotten on the forum and its into the sharks again with some confidence out of no where.

I guess eventually theyll have a good game.

Apposing slash avoiding the sharks should be the standard play for this season anyway.

More
3 years 4 months ago #38 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December

Brent Graham wrote: That's my form he is a withdrawal LOL

Will surely be void given he was replaced by Werner Kok

More
3 years 4 months ago #39 by Brent Graham
Henryscat - yes we have short memories although they did beat the Bulls 2 weeks ago - they were so impressive at the start of the year and crazy how bad they have become

BB - yeah it will be void but I really wanted an interest, just thought it was typical that as I placed he was scratched :lol: :lol: :lol:

More
3 years 4 months ago #40 by Bookie Basher
Replied by Bookie Basher on topic Currie Cup, Pro14, Premiership Rugby 26-27 December
That void can been deemed a winner given how this weekend has panned out lol. Trying to find a silver lining somewhere :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
3 years 4 months ago #41 by Darren
I don't know about you guys, but that was one horrible weekend. Overall a profitable year. Next bets will be in 2021, good luck to all and a Happy New Year