Golf, CJ Cup Byron Nelson, China Open, LIV Singapore

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1 by mackem
CJ Cup Byron Nelson, China Open and LIV Singapore are this week's headline golf events and all tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #2 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Golf, CJ Cup Byron Nelson, China Open, LIV Singapore
Slowly getting back into golf thanks to Scheffler although disappointed by Cantlay and Xander last week who were well placed at halfway but went backwards with the 3rd round a shocker (better ball 6 on a par 5)

This week is the CJ Cup and it is time to introduce "BG's Bolter" :P

I had my eye on Ryan Palmer last week when he was paired with Zach Johnson - both were in poor form with Johnson coming off 3 MC and Palmer was coming off a 55th place and hadn't finished inside the top 50 in his last 6 starts.
What caught my eye was Palmers record in the event which included a win, top 5, top 10 and top 20 in the previous 6 years.
The pair played well and were top 10 heading into the final foursomes where they fell to 19th (I am hoping Zach was to blame)
Certainly some positive signs Palmer could be finding form.

Onto this week and Palmer has now had 2 solid if not spectacular outings and he comes to a course where he was 8th last year and 5th in 2022.

Betxchange have him at 300/1 for the win and I will nibble at that but the main bet will be a top 20 finish. This is 11/2 at betx but Sportingbet offer 5/1 with ties paid in full so I am happy to take the slightly shorter price.

BG's Bolter: Palmer Top 20 at 5/1 at Sportingbet - if you don't have an account yet and are keen to get involved please open your Sportingbet account here

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #3 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Golf, CJ Cup Byron Nelson, China Open, LIV Singapore
Not a great start by the Bolter and needs some forward movement in round 2 to make the cut

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham