More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 17th August was created by mackem
Thread for all this weeks racing tips.

Winning Form Vaal Monday preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/vaal-monday-...rse-racing-tips.html

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 17th August

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 17th August
I'm not a great fan of Cape Racing but as it's the only local meeting on Saturday and I've been forced to have a look, noting there has been plenty of rain about .

Race 1. Emblem of Hope was well backed last start but was surprisingly in a weak field, narrowly a first choice with the appie taking 4kg. Ticket to Ride next best but there are loads of potential improvers .

Race 2. Stuck on You has had a few chances and is my first choice here , very open otherwise.

Race 3. Scented Mistress has her first run back from Durban , probably the one to beat , I prefer Swazi Queen and my roughie is Tivoli Gardens.

Race 4. Zanadu could spring a surprise here if allowed to dictate things up front, Winter Shadow my preferred choice.

Race 5. Varsity Lover could be ready to give her best now and my first choice , also like Captains Darling.

Race 6. Spirit Festival should be cheery ripe and I really like her, if she gets beat I'm hoping Fours a Crowd will pick up the pieces.

Race 7. Elusive Trader and Bernie in a very tough race .

Race 8. Icon Princess and Midnight Moonlight are my top two and confident the winner will come from either .

Race 9. Chilly Winter my first choice, much better run back home after disappointing in Durban, Jolly Josephine has been poorly ridden her last three runs and she can get it right today if Chilly fails.

Enjoy the racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, southpaw, kt6747

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 17th August
Nice thoughts Coil, Cape racing always fun except when its soft like today. Lol. Still my Favorite course is Turffontein.

Race 1 - Smileatthesunset @ 40/1 & Livingstone @ 66/1
Smile at the sunset - I like the breeding, yes may need further as per trainer but any What a winter on a soft track is worth ago.
Livingstone I see now into 20/1. Positive stable comments and based on other horses from Dame, could be some speed.

Race 2 - Chile Jam @ 25/1
Some really nice sorts in this race and could be a form line to follow, Stable comments not positive but full sister to Seville who is very pacy and liked the soft if I remember.

Race 3 - Karoo Winter @ 25/1
Not favored by stable but Futura loved the soft and must be looking for this sort of distance on breeding. Last run was not the worse so hoping for futher improvement with step up.

Race 6 - Sonic Burst @ 8/1 & Captian Flo @ 7/1
Was on SOnic Burst last time and got a reasonable weight, will be a step up against stronger but worth ago.
Stable companion, some more than decent form and gets stable Jock up, so assuming he had choice.
Very open race so nothing solid.

Race 7 - Green Jacket @ 9/2
Green Jacket, some really good form and getting weight from some other fav's, also seems to like the softer going.

Enjoy the racing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by coil
OMG between Stan Elley and Fee their boring commentary is gonna send me to the sanatarium :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by kt6747
Wish they would get more stable comments or maybe I missed them.

And written my money off in first on Livingstone. Yet to have a horse have shoe issues and run well. Lol

More
3 years 8 months ago #12 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 17th August
1 so far for me today -

R5 Hildegrade 5/1 ew. Cracking form before last comeback outing, jock knows her well.

More
3 years 8 months ago #13 by kt6747
Stunning day here in Durb's today.

Just a couple of thoughts for today, as some tough racing I think.

Race 1 - Treasured Pearl @ 40/1 (WSB)
Well drawn 1st timer with stable jock up. Stable also known to have 1st timers ready. On breeding looks like some of sibligs had speed, worth ago but very much weighted to places

Race 2 - Oxford Blue @ 40/1 (WSB)
1st time stepping up to 1600m and on breeding looks like could need been by Flower Alley. Also stable booking looks interesting. Not often you get 40/1 on a Lerena horse.

Race 3 - Jetrix @ 22/10 (After scratching)
Always nervous over these longer distance but looks ready to win as per Sheldon on CTG.

Race 4 - Our Coys @ 20/1
Based on last run to African Sunrise and Special Blend, getting 3.5kg from AS for a 2.5l beating. Also much better drawn than 2 fav's so hoping can pop up again. Also if you ignore last run, previous runs were always close and to some decent sorts.

Race 5 - Leopald @ 4/1
Same reasoning as Sheldon in CTG

Race 7 - Liquid Irish @ 8/1
Really thought last win was impressive when beating some nice sorts. Seems to prefer Poly but has won on turf previously.

Race 8 - Harlington Express @ 9/1 & Aurora Australis @ 50/1
HE - If ignore last run on poly, more than decent form and with Appie claiming 4 could surprise
AA - old fav and just been loyal as for me better than this rating

Race 9 - Capitain Fontaine

Enjoy the racing

More
3 years 8 months ago #14 by coil
Lucky man KT !! The beaut days in Durban are probably the best ever ;)

Thanks for the selections, CT was hard was yesterday but managed to pick up a few small wins along the way which pretty much balanced the books .

Race 1. Deep Thought looks vert tough to beat but will avoid at those odds, like KT I'll look for a big place dividend in the form of Macara , drawn wide but nicely bred and stable been in the money.

Race 2. Ibutho , drawn nicely and appears to be coming along nicely, top jock up and should be right there at 6/1.

Race 3. Open race I feel, respect for KT's Jetrix, big roughie could be Aquea Sulis, good showing two runs back and last time not perevered with , decent places. First choice narrowly will be Zama Zama, blinkers off and feel this should help him settle. 13/1.

Race 4. Really like Mohican today at 8/1, might just be a little too high still on the merit ratings my other fancy is teh fav. Mt. Anderson who I think is decent sort at 11/2.

Race 5. With the boys on Leopold in this one, I think this is the right distance 4/1.

Race 6. Count Dubucks was given a strange ride last time at Scotsville whilst quietly fancied , I also followed her that day and will give her another chance today at 8/1, respect for Aribarta as well at 3/1.

Race 7. Tough race, Tarry stable been off colour recently but my eye keeps falling on Montreal Mist at 6/1, Genrous Lady is classy and she could surprise at 25/1.

Race 8. Bint al Malek didn't try a yard last time out , I know because I backed her, taking on males here but has a small chance at 11/2, I also fancy Putchini 10/1, the stable is shocking but a good appie on board who has won on him before a few runs back.

Race 9. All the boys on the boys and their respective hounds are on this last favourite, the price is long gone and at current odds I'll avoid. Chattertons Keeper my big roughie at 40/1 and Bedazzled Joker at 25/1.

Enjoy the day

More
3 years 8 months ago #15 by kt6747
Thanks Coil for thoughts, we should have taken the boxed Trifecta. LOL

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #16 by coil
I got some nice swingers boxed there with the fav and our horses ...the one paid 75 ront a shot !!
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by coil.

More
3 years 8 months ago #17 by kt6747
Nice, one Coil

More
3 years 8 months ago #18 by kt6747
Nice call with Aqua Sulis Coil, won like an odds on.

I have backed him the last couple and left him out today even though you liked him. Teach me not to lose hope.

Nice one.

More
3 years 8 months ago #19 by coil
I only had a few places in the end grrrr focused on Zama and Jetrix with swingers and trifecta grr but small profit . Can't belive how well it won grr.

Now the real play begins

Mohican , Our Coys and Mt Anderson .

More
3 years 8 months ago #20 by kt6747
Hardlines there, nothing happening for me today, pulling the plug for rest of today.

More
3 years 8 months ago #21 by coil
Mohican is a huge brass !! Off the list .