All Racing Tips w/c 16th January

More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 16th January was created by mackem
Monday's racing comes from Turffontein, Winning Form preview below

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th January

More
1 year 3 months ago #3 by mackem
Winning Form Greyville on Wednesday, R1 050 000 in the Punters Challenge pot

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-we...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 year 3 months ago #4 by mackem

More
1 year 3 months ago #5 by mackem

More
1 year 3 months ago #6 by mackem
Kenilworth Saaturday, Winning Form, R275k in the Punters Challenge pot

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/kenilworth-s...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 year 3 months ago #7 by mackem
Saturday Kenilworth, I like a bit of Ready Or Not at around 5/1 in the last race, was not far behind Royal Vic on debut, perhaps a bit disappointing in next 3 runs or so but seems to have come right and might be better than his MR 83 given after his maiden win

That aside will just play a small jackpot and keep powder dry for the MET next weekend, early thoughts were the 3yo's are right there with their weight allowances, Make It Snappy joint fav on some books now but I prefer Cousin Casey

The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
1 year 3 months ago #8 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th January
Thanks Mackem, nice thoughts.

My early fancy for Met is an old boy, Golden Ducat, gets top jock and drawn 1. Hopefully jock will get the best out of him.

Of the 3 year olds I am like you, I prefer CC and would like to take him for July as well if can get him. Kotzen stable always do well in Winter Season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, southpaw

More
1 year 3 months ago #9 by mackem
Interesting Golden Ducat kt, will keep on eye on that one. If you look at the Charles Dickens runs in the Guineas and Kings Plate CC has a bit to find with Jet Dark but I remember GK saying when he won the Horseshoe over 1400 the further he goes the better he will be and I think he will really enjoy the MET trip, Not a great draw for CC but he is used to that and I think it might mean his price might be a bit bigger nearer race day

The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, kt6747

More
1 year 3 months ago #10 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th January
i'm still on a break on the ponies until Met day, but have a strong fancy on that Met card already -

Cape Flying - Gimme a Prince @ 10/1.

Won much easier than gap suggests last time out, is out of a top sprinting mare and while not at best weight terms against a few (eg. Resonate), think he goes very close.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, kt6747

More
1 year 3 months ago #11 by kt6747

mackem wrote: Interesting Golden Ducat kt, will keep on eye on that one. If you look at the Charles Dickens runs in the Guineas and Kings Plate CC has a bit to find with Jet Dark but I remember GK saying when he won the Horseshoe over 1400 the further he goes the better he will be and I think he will really enjoy the MET trip, Not a great draw for CC but he is used to that and I think it might mean his price might be a bit bigger nearer race day

I agree, I am surprised he didn't rather go for the Derby later in the month againest his own age group. I really hope he does have a good run and as you say, I will be waiting a bit as think Make it Snappy will shorten drastically like most Hollywood runners do and hopefully we will get better odds on Race day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, coil

More
1 year 3 months ago #12 by southpaw
The rugby looks tricky today so I’m tempted back into the horses earlier than planned. A few I like -

K6 Faire Advantage @ 17/2 ew. Reunites with van Niekerk who has strong record on him.

K5 Countdown around 14/1, hoping for bigger. Maybe Chris remembers this one as ran in a few races against RV. Looks to be finding some best form again and jock stays on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil, kt6747

More
1 year 3 months ago #13 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 16th January
Hi lads ,

I have some time to watch some racing today amongst the rugby .

Cape Race 1
Tough start to the day and the betting agrees , any number of horses could win and wouldn't be surprised if we start with a bomb . I'm going to have an ew interest on Blue Holly which has been backed from 14/1 to 7/1 .

Race 2
Favourite is all the rage and should win , I'm going for Hang Out The Stars ew mainly due the jockey booking . 25/1

Race 3
Tough race , I have a leaning towards Augusta Blue ew . 16/1

Race 4
Another open race and you could make a case for a number of them , however I've decided on Lady Silvano ew 8/1 .

Race 5
Yet another 4/1 the field event and I was narrowly beaten with Sun Dazed last time out , I'll include again and add Street Outlaw both at 6/1

Race 6
The stable has done well in the Cape and I'm going for Wican Warrior ew at 8/1

Race 8
The get out stakes .
Not drawn well but Nothing Else Matters could go close , ew at 16/1

Play well lads
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
1 year 3 months ago #14 by kt6747
Nice thoughts South

Race 1 - Easy Money @ 7/1 & Rnaway Bomb @ 20/1 (WSB & HWB)
Easy Money comes from top formline and holds a few on that run. Weighted to places.
Runaway Bomb was favoured on debut and was a no show. Happens and worth ago at a much better option. Dam was super pacey and I have liked some of the Lanchester Bombers.
My complete outsider is Foreshore. Sibling Certainly won first time up and stable comment in Computaform positive.

Race 2 - Miss New York @ 14/1 (HWB)
Some really good form over distance. Weighted to win with even money for top 4. Favorite looks hard to beat, but worth a shot with Miss New York

Race 3 - Mohandas @ 10/1 (WSB)
1st run after gelding but some decent form over course and distance. Stable companion carries good form but De Melo has decent record with Stable as well.

Race 5 - Street Outlaw @ 7/1 & Barzelona @ 10/1 (Both WSB)
Street Outlaws last run was excellent when highlighted by Southpaw. Carry only 52kgs must have a chance.
Barzelona - Was favoured last time by the stable and again this time by the comments.

Race 7 - Narina Tragon @ 16/1
Top 2 look hard to beat but on breeding looks like looking for this trip. Will take swingers with top 2 in betting.

Enjoy the days racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil

More
1 year 3 months ago #15 by kt6747

southpaw wrote: The rugby looks tricky today so I’m tempted back into the horses earlier than planned. A few I like -

K6 Faire Advantage @ 17/2 ew. Reunites with van Niekerk who has strong record on him.

K5 Countdown around 14/1, hoping for bigger. Maybe Chris remembers this one as ran in a few races against RV. Looks to be finding some best form again and jock stays on.

Great call South,

More
1 year 3 months ago #16 by southpaw

kt6747 wrote:

southpaw wrote: The rugby looks tricky today so I’m tempted back into the horses earlier than planned. A few I like -

Great call South,

Cheers mate, much needed confidence boost on the ponies,

More
1 year 3 months ago #17 by mackem
Great calls on Satrday South, yes remember Countdown and was touted as a smart 2yo by trainer, looks like they have found the key to him. Had a bit of nightmare of a day playing Saturday's jackpots with my mates unfortunately.

Winning Form Turffontein Sunday

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 year 3 months ago #18 by kt6747
Disappointing Day yesterday but back for some more punishment today.

Race 1 - Strom Dominator @ 10/1
First run wasnt the greatest but most of the horse from Peter stable moving struggled. Stable comments saying strengthed up and was backed last time. Worth a go this time

Race 2 - SPirit Princess @ 8/1 & Island Beauty @ 8/1
Both ran in the same race last time and where flying at the end, almost getting up to beat eventual winner, and think if over the 1600m today, would have finished 1/2. On breeding both should be looking for this sort of trip and should be running on.

Will post anything else if something pops up. Enjoy the days racing.