All Racing Tips w/c 22nd January including the Cape Town Met

More
3 months 5 days ago #1 by mackem
It's MET week with See It Again the hot fav for Saturday's big race.

Winning Form, Greyville on Monday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-mo...rse-racing-tips.html

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #2 by mackem
Winning Form, Vaal on Tuesday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/vaal-tuesday...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 months 5 days ago #3 by kt6747
Really looking forward to the Met. My early fancy is Bless my Stars @ 10/1. Also would much rather be taking Top 4 @ 7/10 her than See it Again.

My other fancy is Double Superlative @ 33/1.

Will post anymore during the week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, southpaw

More
3 months 4 days ago #4 by mackem
Shame, 4 Tarry horses including Bless My Stars and 1 from Azzie have had to scratch due to the AHS travel restrictions. Will have a look at the card Thursday / Friday.

Wednesday's Scottsville Punters Challenge preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/scottsville-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 months 4 days ago #5 by kt6747
Yeah just saw now, very disappointing they not running. I honestly thought both had set up there horses in Cape Town already.

Will also have another look at the main race now.

More
3 months 2 days ago #6 by mackem
Winning Form, Turffontein on Thursday Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 months 2 days ago #7 by mackem
Punters Challenge preview for Fairview on Friday

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 months 1 day ago #8 by mackem

More
3 months 1 day ago #9 by kt6747
Awesome days racing awaits, looking forward to it and hoping for See it Again for the smaller stable, but not at that price.
My thoughts for tomorrows bearing in mind most fav’s look hard to beat, but I like these outsiders.

Race 1 – Exacta of Lion Rampart / Roman Agent / Winds of Change

Race 2 – Prom Queen @ 40/1
Sibling Exchange Student was pacey early, by Gimmeagreenlight which throughs up early pace. And stable known to have them ready 1st time up. Slight concern is stable Jock on stables other horse, but my belief is when running for this just having another top jock up is good.
Besides the obvious favs, also like Master Casper / Sicily and the Mask. Might also do a Trifecta with 2 favs.

Race 3 – Holding Thumbs @ 10/1 (HWB)
I remember last time the talk from course was all about this one and won easily. Stable said they thought highly of him. Yes a huge step up in class but won well enough giving weight away.

Race 4 – Money Heist @ 45/1 (WSB)
I think South or Mackem highlighted him previously. This maybe a bit short of his best, but last time over 1600m beat the fav and now getting an additional 4.5kg’s from At My Command. Just think pricing is wrong, so also taken Top 5 for 32/10 @ HWB.

Race 5 – Ripple Effect @ 66/1 (WSB) & Miss Maguerite @ 33/1
Ripple Effect – 3rd run for stable and gets stable jock up. If can find any of early form behind Mrs Geratrix or Lucky Lad could go close.
Miss Maguerite – on last run getting weight from both Shantastic and Winter Cloud. Gets top Jock in Gav, worth a shot at this price.

Race 6 – Bereave @ 14/1
Last time C & D was just behind 2 fav’s. I am going to hold off having a punt as think tomorrow morning we could get a slightly better price as all 3 fav’s owners and stables punt if I remember, so we might get a bit better tomorrow.

Race 7 – Make it Snappy @ 18/1 (WSB)
I just think there is value here. This horse was unbelievable last year, and yes coming back from a long break but stable I don’t think would run her in a Grade 1 if not ready. Gets stable jock up.
Yes will be shouting Beach Bomb home but I just think 11/10 top 4 @ HWB is to good to pass, and if wait till tomorrow, will probably be able to get 14/10 @ BetX top 4. There prices are always a few points better than HWB.

Race 8 – Sunshine Day @ 18/1
Fav’s look hard to oppose, but Sunshine Day had a decent run behind Gimme a Nother, giving her 1Kg and only finishing 3l behind. Well drawn and gets JP up who is in form. Surprised Gav not up as stable jock. But lets see.

Race 9
With Bless my Stars out, struggling, still like Double Superlative, but after stable comments not so sure. For now will add an old one I have followed for awhile, Waterberry Lane. Will just be for an additional interest.

Race 10
Hard race to look past fav’s, will probably have a bit on One Way Traffic.

If I am still alive and not been kicked out of my house.
Race 11 – Kingsboy @ 33/1 (HWB)
Like the breeding, sure there aren’t to many Kingman around. Am sure bred for much further but sometimes class pulls you through. Also taken some Top 6 @ 2/1 with them.

Enjoy the racing tomorrow and all the best for your punts

More
3 months 1 day ago #10 by mackem
Great stuff kt, thanks a mill, been mulling over Jackpot 2 (R5 to R8) for a couple of hours, might look a bit foolish if it turns out to be a day for the fav's but I'm going to take all of them on. Headding out but will post later or early morn when finalized.

R5 see where you are coming from with Ripple Effect at huge odds, 3rd run in WCP and smart juvenile, GK can land one at big odds on these big days too, will include. I like Distinction as well at around 16/1 currently, stable riding arrangements not easy to get head around but like 52kg and Veale combo, to my eye 7th March run at Durbanville against Shantastic brings her right into it although collateral form gets pretty complex for this race

The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747, Batrico

More
3 months 17 hours ago #11 by southpaw
Great thoughts KT as always, some lovely picks, a few overlap -

Race 1: Winds of Change @ 25/2 ew
I have to skip the top 2 and the breeding on this really jumped out. Expensive purchase, big owners, reserve runner. That caught my eye and is now in the race. Drawn widest so can hopefully run own race, and on breeding the WaW + classy dam should produce some real pace.

Race 2: Sicily @ 12/1, The Mask @ 40/1
Sicily – yard does well with youngsters first time out, has been a bit of money for it and will include.
The Mask – 40/1 feels big, I like the breeding, plenty pace in siblings, Yeni goes will for GK yard.

Race 3: Fatal Gem @ 14/1 ew
Not a race I’m getting too involved in, muddling form, will try the filly off a low weight, could be getting a pacemaker from stablemate?

Race 4: Captain Fontaine @ 12/1 ew
RF keeps the ride, 3rd run for stable and still seems to retain his class and turn of foot.

Race 5: Pacific Green @ 16/1 ew
Open race and 4yr old with 52kg on back, is a gutsy sort and hopefully can repeat last effort.

Race 6: Bartholdi @ 33/1 ew
This is my biggest lurker on the day. 4th in race last year but this time has had a prep in Cape although was after layoff. That cape merchants was a hot hot race, I though 4th was a cracking effort. 33/1 with Bling on board, great value in my opinion.

Race 7: Beach Bomb 33/10
Not going to overthink, staying loyal 33/10 on the nose.

Race 8 onwards to follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, kt6747

More
3 months 7 hours ago #12 by mackem
Jackpot 2 Races 5 to 8

R5: Distinction my pick as menioned above, also throwing in the favourite in the JP along with Distant Winter and Ripple Effect

R6: Don't see too much scope for a surprise but will inlude Dyce and Bereave with the 2 fav's Isivunguvungu and Thunderstruck

R7: Love Preincess Calla to bits but in receipt of 5kg I'm with Red Palace at around 11/2, will go wide in the JP though

R8: King of the Gauls, each way at odds of 20/1, 3rd run after gelding and also 3rd run in the Cape, might still be plenty of improvement to come. Will include a few in the JP, perm as follows

Jackpot 2

L1: 2,5,10,13
L2: 4,6,8,9
L3: 2,4,5,6,9,11
L4: 6,8,10,11,14

R480 for a full perm

More
3 months 7 hours ago #13 by mackem
Only other one for me is Money Heist in R4 as highlighted by kt earlier in this thread. I saw this horse in the parade ring with Royal one day and was completely knocked out by his size and looks, been following him since and hasn't delivered as yet but I reckon he has a fearure in him one day,

Shame the way the MET final field panned out, after See It Again I baattle to separate them so no bet there for me.

Enjoy the racing guys

The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw, kt6747

More
3 months 4 hours ago #14 by southpaw
Race 5 - adding Ripple Effect, same thoughts as KT and mackem, this one if back to peak is simply overpriced @ 66/1.

Race 8: King of the Gauls @ 20/1 ew.
Really tough race if look outside top 2, think this one could be a lurker and would be a race the owner would love to add to his collection of achievements over the years.

MET -
Battling to find a strong fancy so will stick with MONTIEN @ 25/1 ew, maybe trip will suit him more, had been seriously impressive prior to bumping the best, possibly more to come.

Race 10: Decorated @ 40/1 ew.
3rd run for yard, on best form could pop up, Yeni good record on him.

Race 11: Azzuri @ 33/1 ew.
Like the breeding but anything could pop up this race.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 months 1 hour ago - 3 months 1 hour ago #15 by Batrico
Well it must be a big day in the sa horseracing calender caus kt mackem southpaw all just tipped a 50/1 winner in Ripple Affect. Thanls guys. Was small bet but im happy lol
Last edit: 3 months 1 hour ago by Batrico.

More
3 months 1 hour ago #16 by The Vann
Fantastic kt Chris and South. And one of my books actually gave me 75/1. Happy Days

More
3 months 1 hour ago #17 by Naidoo
Well played gents, fantastic tipping :beer :)

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #18 by Batrico
Hope you backed Double superlative KT. I managed to leave it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #19 by kt6747
Thanks South, yip doubled down on him when went 33/1 just before the off.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #20 by mackem
Great stuff with Ripple guys and well played in the MET as well kt. Cruel end to my Jackpot, really should have added more in that race as thought the fav was vulnerable, surprised it only paid R8k looking at the results but would have gladly taken that. Still a great day all round.

Can't help thinking about the July, reading Bless My Stars is heading overseas, SIA will bounce back but no longer looks unbeatable and I would fancy Royal against the rest of MET field off our current mark of 119 and even a few points higher. He is just back in work after a holiday on the farm, it's going to be a long but exciting wait to July for sure.

Punters Challenge previeww for Turffontein on Sunday

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #21 by southpaw
Exciting times ahead Chris.

T4 - Green Bubbles @ 33/1 ew, experience over others could help run into money.

T6- Emirates Gina @ 17/2 ew. Ignore last run much better than that and positive jock booking.
Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by southpaw.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #22 by kt6747
Agree Mackem, exciting times.

Thanks South, i like the following:
Race 2 - Lady if Tibet @ 14/1 (WSB)
Siblings all showed decent pace early in career, and drawn on the outside which normally helps.
Will take swingers with Tintamarre

Race 3 - Force de Dieu @ 14/1
Ran 5 days ago and wasnt embaressed, decent run and keeps same Jock up. Well drawn.

Race 5 - Cosmic Star @ 7/1
Drawn on right side of track and runs have been good in the softer going. Also won C/D

Race 6 - Shoemaker @ 5/1
I feel for this, always seems to find something in running to block it. Hoping for a better run and getting weight from fav.

Enjoy the racing